AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 00:16   Link #41
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

In WC2002, Brazil used 3-5-2 formation, Cafu and RCarlos on wingback and Ronaldinho playing in the hole behind Ronaldo and Rivaldo. The other 2 mid was Kleberson and Gibbie <3 (aka Gilberto Silva)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:25   Link #42
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Nah... 3-5-2 formation is not that good you know, its just a old and barbaric formation, which even South East Asian team started to leave this tactic. Its really easy to exploit this formation if you use classic 4-4-2 or modern 4-5-1 unless you have two midfield with high defence ability, main weakness of this formation is the wings defense, if the opposite team use their Full-Back they are screwed. Even if they can broke attack from the side, if ball move to center or other side from wings, that will leave a hole on your defense.

I think this tactic will only succeed if you have player like makelele on your team, or the coach give a correct marking instruction for the team

BTW, I think Brazil 2002 use 4-3-3 as their formation not a 3-5-2.
it's not really whether one formation is better or worse than the other, but how you use it and whether you have the players to make it work; it also depends on the team strategy and the opponent you are facing. but yes, playing with a 3 man defense is not quite enough to cover the width of the field, which in turn makes the flanks an easy target. I've seen teams that have coped with the risks of using a 3-5-2 formation by having really good wingers (or wingbacks) that can help protect the flanks. another way is by doing really good/coordinated pressing with the midfielders/strikers, or by having a high possession of the ball. it probably requires more tactical work than it is worth, but it doesn't really make it a bad choice if you have the right players and a good plan/strategy to profit out of it.

I'm pretty sure Brazil used a 3-5-2 formation with R. Carlos and Cafu as the wingers (or wingbacks); they probably used some other formation, but 3-5-2 was the basic one. though from that world cup I was only able to watch the second half of the final game. matches were past midnight... (oh KiNA beat me to it)
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:39   Link #43
Goblinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Whistle was pretty good and there is also The Knight in The Area which isn't too bad as well. Then there is Captain Tsubasa, which I despises it for multiple reasons.
Damn you. Captain Tsubasa manga is awesome. Still, people should stop hating on Captain Tsubasa because it had a direct influence on the current generation of japanese soccer players in Japan and in other countries as well. Didn't you hear about the iraq government using Captain Tsubasa stickers on their trucks to prevent attacks? Or how's this, stop bringing it up, because it's 30 years old, so if I were you, I wouldn't even recommend it as there's plenty other soccer manga to indulge yourself into like Fantasista, Gol Den Age and Shoot!

Last edited by Goblinator; 2010-04-10 at 01:02.
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 00:59   Link #44
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

@KiNA and Falkor
Thanks for correct me, but brazil conceded alot in WC2002 rite ?
that confirm the 3-5-2 weakness. I think they use that kind of formation only because they're really confidence with their attacking capability, well with player like Ronaldo and Rivaldo on their peaks i think no one can win against them on score-the-most kind of a game

But i must admit 3-5-2 scolari version is really a genius work. Its can transform to 5-3-2, 3-4-3, and even 4-3-3 on the play, just wow.

damn, why i remember Germany 2006

@KiNA on the below
nah... thanks once again
but yes, let stop hijack this thread

Last edited by fertygo; 2010-04-10 at 01:14.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:04   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Nope .. they only conceded 3 goals .. 2 against Costa Rica in their group game and 1 against England in q-final. Altho, their group are kinda weak (Turkey went on to win 3rd place in it tho).. the other one was China

We better get back into talking about GK.. But to be honest, without seeing more of the players, its not gonna be easy to see the formation of the team.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-10, 01:38   Link #46
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I'm going to hazard a guess that Tatsumi would probably be using a flat four defense with midfield and forward line changing depending on the situation at hand.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 01:49   Link #47
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

When exactly are the episode aired?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-10, 02:36   Link #48
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
When exactly are the episode aired?
Every Sunday morning at 9:25am (JST) on NHK.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 20:11   Link #49
Fevvers
a regular van veen

The first episode was surprisingly well-told; though not all that high-budgeted, the anime has retained the low-key charm of the manga. I've released a huge sigh of relief in seeing the fairly accurate character design (not as good as the manga but I don't really think Tsujitomo's art can translate that well in animated form unless probably done by other better studios); so yeah, it's not supposed to be pretty. While what we got was not as quirky and rough-looking as the manga, this is pretty much a solid take on that, and one I'm willing to follow (despite not being a fan of the sports series genre tbh) if proven more interesting in the coming episodes/chapters.

Oh, and the OP rocks! XD
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 02:33   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyed ep2 raw, which continued to give me the feel of the manga, with even a bit more intensity in both the lead and Murakoshi. And I like both the OP (especially) and the ED. The simple, flat character design is working for me, and must save them a pile of animation time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:41   Link #51
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

I hated ep 1 at first but it started to grow on me after a while. I'm not a sports anime afficionado but a good story well told is a good story... and it seems to have potential for good dramatic tension.

Was funny hearing the English guy explaining Giant Killing at the beginning... what a really terrible VA!!!
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:41   Link #52
hoofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
Was funny hearing the English guy explaining Giant Killing at the beginning... what a really terrible VA!!!
the pacing of the lines weren't the best, but the british-english was just fine.
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 11:31   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
...Was funny hearing the English guy explaining Giant Killing at the beginning... what a really terrible VA!!!
"Hey, you there, off the street. You're English, aren't you? Read this for us." Still, I liked the sound of his voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 00:20   Link #54
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna wait for sub this time before commenting about ep 2
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-12, 10:37   Link #55
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Finally got the subs and finished watching this. I'm getting more used to the character designs so they bother me as much (although the noses are still so sharp they can stab through wood) and the animation for the match is okay, I guess. Also, unlike last episode they're keeping a faithful adaptation to the manga this time.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

So, my specific thoughts for episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

So in two episodes, we're done with volume one. There's still seems to be enough material even for a 26 episodes series, though, so I don't really worry. Also, they can animate some skipped chapter later, or even having a good 'life outside the pitch' filler episode won't hurt.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 10:43   Link #56
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I vote for an onsen episode (filler or canon).. but Yuria is really lacking in the department to glue me over for that episode.. so lets fine other idea
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-12, 11:01   Link #57
AlaAlba

hmmm, I started the manga just yesterday after finding that this is a football manga, storming up right to 13 today. (thought it was baseball manga )
and just checked the anime now. I cant stand with the pace.... ... .... too slow for my liking, I prefer to read the manga
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 11:27   Link #58
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
I vote for an onsen episode (filler or canon).. but Yuria is really lacking in the department to glue me over for that episode.. so lets fine other idea
Yeah, so far Yuri is the one and only girl in the show, and she's not really that hot to begin with, so an onsen episode won't be that appealing. That's the problem with sports anime, sure it would make sense for the team to take a relaxing soak after a tiring match, but most fans don't want to see that (at least I know I won't). Although I remember the bath scene from another sports manga Shoot! Legend of a New Age, between Kakegawa and Kurihama team members, that one was hilarious...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:59   Link #59
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Watched... and
Quote:

And heh .. stamina and pace strategy.. I could almost tell what he trying to achieve next week .. Let see how far I get at guessing his strategy throughout his career in the series.
Bulleyes! A very deadly combination for low levels football.

On the episode itself, it did a very good job at portraying Murakoshi IMHO.. I can feel his anger, when someone been carrying a burden for so long, only to have it striped away from you (by someone who allegedly a traitor no less) you have to feel very angry at that.

Team divided, captain position vacant, self practice session, ex captain specifically told to not command everyone ... He is looking for a new captain that can unite the team no doubt, because somebody *will* take charge I'd go for Tsubaki (that speedy one that beat Murakoshi in running test) but he dont seem to have any captain material so far.

Also, the preview.. wtf? they have an Italian player? Luigi Gino? @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-13, 02:57   Link #60
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, self practice...
I take that, he wants to test the team motivation.

After being showed the team's weakness is on stamina, so the best bet for player to improve their stamina.

What i can't not imagine is, why a bunch of regulars (before they're exhausted) can't make chances of bunch of subtitutes??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports