Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 21:46   Link #21
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I honestly don't think Kubo even cares anymore.
As long as he's gettin that paycheak from shonen jump he dosent care.

@Von Himmel
If that is actually real i will start crying, it would be "Dragon ball: Evolution" all over again, yet somehow worse.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506

Last edited by Chiisai Kuma; 2012-02-22 at 22:22.
Old 2012-02-22, 22:57   Link #22
Alchemist007
*Author

DBO didn't take itself seriously in any form whether it be serious acting, even trying to keep to the story, or character personality. So pretty much it doesn't exist as a proper DB title (they even had a different font design for it, thank god for non-association).
Old 2012-02-22, 23:34   Link #23
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
As long as he's gettin that paycheak from shonen jump he dosent care.

You do know his pay in Japan has gone down the gutter but this arc I think was made for his enjoyment not the fans. I mean he ran out the fullbring arc and went straight to this arc that he has planned for 5 years!!!!!! All arrnacar arc basically
Old 2012-02-23, 04:59   Link #24
Rememblaire

Declaration of War already? That was fast...
Old 2012-02-23, 07:08   Link #25
kiak666

Is it me or does the enemies remind me of this:

Spoiler for Nazis from Hell?:
Old 2012-02-23, 08:25   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Nazis from Hell are too stylish for Kubo
Old 2012-02-23, 17:44   Link #27
itachi-san314

nazi zombies would be better than quinlows... either way I have to agree that kubo doesnt care anymore. apparently nobody cares since there is no editor for the story and the horrible writing in the past 2 arcs didn't raise any red flags to get one. actually i realized that i dont care anymore either. i'm sure i'll keep reading for the occasional worth-while moment but yea, this arc already got off on the wrong foot. arrancars are done to death, especially new ones. you know an arc is bad when after 3 chapters it's already obvious how it could have been done better...
Old 2012-02-23, 22:48   Link #28
Excelion

Wouldn't be surprised if Yamamoto was nullified again somehow and this group takes over SS. With the Captain Commander out of the picture, maybe it'd alert the Royal Guard. As for the disappearance scene, eh, I dunno what to think about it. I figured the bad guys are trying to upset the balance of souls somehow
Old 2012-02-24, 10:41   Link #29
Calca
Expressionless

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter... 2012-02-22 18:39 stupid jokes about Yama and Kenpachi going bankai are lame

Ya this is definitely the most petty thing I've had rep deducted for. Or maybe they're just anti-hina.......
Old 2012-02-24, 14:57   Link #30
Mateus

I wonder if this too is going "just as planned" by Aizen..
Old 2012-02-24, 19:08   Link #31
Lendial

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
You do know his pay in Japan has gone down the gutter but this arc I think was made for his enjoyment not the fans. I mean he ran out the fullbring arc and went straight to this arc that he has planned for 5 years!!!!!! All arrnacar arc basically

his pay is directly related to how well his manga sells which in theory is directly dependent on its quality or lack of?
Old 2012-02-25, 06:16   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's got enough merchandise to keep the author well off, and regardless of how you look at it, this manga has already run its course through all these years.
Old 2012-02-25, 08:30   Link #33
Lunarskylar

waiting for the cliched part of the arc where they release aizen to help save their asses in exchange for reducing or eliminating his prison sentence, mukuro style

can't believe i'm waiting to see aizen...
Old 2012-02-25, 08:42   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
waiting for the cliched part of the arc where they release aizen to help save their asses in exchange for reducing or eliminating his prison sentence, mukuro style
That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do...
Old 2012-02-25, 10:37   Link #35
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I actually don't think that heading directly into a war is a bad thing. Just look at how well a huge war works for a lot of chapters in Naruto atm. I really like the feeling, it's comparable to many books/films/.. about WWII where the whole story takes place in time of war. Granted, there's not much of a build-up(well there probably is if it is about the Quincy starting their vendetta), but you don't have to know both sides very well when it comes to fighting - one side(bread eating good guys ) is enough. Some flashbacks here and there, a connection to the Quincy Holocaust + perhaps the king/royal guard taking action and I'm happy to waste 3 minutes a week for bleach.

With the possibility of this being the last arc, there's also a little chance of good guys finally dying. Ok, maybe I'm just delusional about that point
Old 2012-02-25, 10:53   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do...
All the more reason for SS to do it
Old 2012-02-25, 14:53   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

I agree, release Aizen.
Old 2012-02-25, 16:46   Link #38
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

^ im my head that sounded like "Release the kraken!"

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-25, 17:07   Link #39
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I actually don't think that heading directly into a war is a bad thing. Just look at how well a huge war works for a lot of chapters in Naruto atm. I really like the feeling, it's comparable to many books/films/.. about WWII where the whole story takes place in time of war. Granted, there's not much of a build-up(well there probably is if it is about the Quincy starting their vendetta), but you don't have to know both sides very well when it comes to fighting - one side(bread eating good guys ) is enough. Some flashbacks here and there, a connection to the Quincy Holocaust + perhaps the king/royal guard taking action and I'm happy to waste 3 minutes a week for bleach.
I'd be all for another war right away if Kubo was actually as good as Kishi when it comes to pacing these types of things and keeping it interesting more often than not. But his previous attempt w/ the arrancar saga suggests (to me anyways), that writing wars aren't really one of his strengths. So I hope for his sake, he's learned a thing or two since then. Perhaps if he can spend more time focusing on fights featuring mostly powerhouses we actually give a **** about and less time focusing on fodder vs the VC's and Captains (who've hardly anything new to show off), then he might be able to bring this series to a strong finish. Because for better or for worse, Kubo's left himself with PLENTY of strong characters in this series who we know for a fact have things we've yet to see.
Old 2012-02-25, 19:46   Link #40
itachi-san314

I'm not much of a fan of all-out wars in shounen mangas. the only one that has come close to good pacing was one piece but even that felt like a neverending clusterf*ck... naruto's was full of uninteresting and stupid battles and bleach's was just awful with all those stupid fraccions and VCs and then the fight in a boring blue sky for about 2 years was so lame. and there's never a threat to any good guys actually dying

i hope this isnt a war like those. i prefer interesting fights between 2 or just a few people at once and with an interesting setting. like the first SS arc. something like that in the king's palace would be sweet
Closed Thread