AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-03, 20:59   Link #381
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Thank you zato_1one ... that made my day.

the chinese web-site is taking forever to load..too many users ?
Old 2008-06-03, 20:59   Link #382
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
It blows my mind that the chinese scans beat the japanese scans...
Probably the black market.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:02   Link #383
zato_1one

Huh? I think they allow translation script but not allow posting raw or scanlation. Am I wrong?

Thread Guidelines

* Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
* The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
* Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
* Be polite to your fellow forum members.
* Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
* Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:03   Link #384
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Wow. It's a good thing I have never joined in the Raki-hating mob, and my perseverance is vindicated. Cool stuff.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:10   Link #385
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hehe, I always knew Raki would grow up to be a bad-ass Bishonen just to piss the Raki haters off. (pulls out his "I knew Raki would turn out cool" t-shirt)

A lot of interesting things this chapter, my money is on Rubel being the inside man, since he is the MiB that has gotten the most "focus."

And Helen getting Drunk fits right along with my fic at fanfiction.net, knew she would be a happy drunk!

GAR-Raki is certainly impressive, I figured that with enough training a normal human could defeat a Yoma single-handedly, both Galk and Sid were impressive in their fight against the Large Yoma 7 years ago, and the one guy Teresa offed seemed pretty confident he could take a normal Yoma. (Too bad he was up against Teresa)

The small-figure along side Raki is definitely something to note.

If you want my guess I agree with an earlier poster. Priscilla's form is changing to match her mentality. As many people have pointed out before (even if I think people exaggerate this a lot) Priscilla looks quite young post-awakening, and with her mind the way it is (and with Yoma shape-shifting abilities) I believe it is quite possible that Priscilla has made herself into a child again. (Much like Riful does, despite the much more mature appearance of her Awakened form)

This brings up the question of what happened to Isley?

He could be perfectly fine, he trained Raki as he promised, and Priscilla wanted to help him in his search. Raki is likely aware of their nature by now (if the small figure is indeed Priscilla) but probably not the whole truth (AKA: the war in the north and Isley manipulating Priscilla.)

It is also Isley made a mistake, and Priscilla separated from him, and he couldn't stop her.

or he could always be dead

Raki's armor does seem rather impressive; it could just be exceptionally well made, but it does mesh with my earlier idea of making armor out of the same material as the Organization's Sword.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:18   Link #386
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

now another month before we get to see mega hot kick ass raki again.

I really don't think the girl is prissy.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:27   Link #387
nero23

Unlike in the anime, we were never shown a scene in the manga where Raki actually finds out that Isley and Pris are awakened beings. If he's carrying around their child, and know that the girl can sense youma, that kind of gives it away, doesn't it? Raki finding out the true identities of Isley and Pris seems to be too good a plot-line to gloss over like that.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:31   Link #388
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

We hate Raki only in the anime. In the manga, he's our little trooper. Well, by now he's about my age (early 20s =D).

Now, we need the pics to put everyhting in context.

Mosmos: That link is SO going to get deleted. Everyone, save it!!

...Or maybe not. The full chapter wasn't at the site, but nice tidbits + some good fanart.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:37   Link #389
tenken627
what Yagi said

I do not think that the girl is Priscilla, nor is it Raki's daughter.

Why lie to Cid and say that the child is not his? What reason would he have to lie about it?

Of course, Cid may tell Clare that Raki has a daughter, and Raki doesn't want Clare to know, but honestly, why hide it? A daughter isn't something you would lie about. Especially if Raki is a man now and no longer a boy.

If you had a daughter, would you lie and say she's not yours?

Also, it seems that Raki and Clare will meet soon. Cid tells Clare that Raki has moved west, and has been retracing their footsteps of their travels together. With that knowledge, Clare should be able to easily track down Raki. The question is if Clare would leave the other Ghosts to look for Raki, especially now that she knows Miria's secret.

I also find it interesting about another comment that Cid made. Raki is traveling alone with a young girl much like how Clare was traveling alone with a young Raki. Also like how Teresa was traveling alone with a young Clare. If the cycle really is continuing, Raki has found this girl somewhere who reminds him of himself when he was young.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:40   Link #390
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
I also find it interesting about another comment that Cid made. Raki is traveling alone with a young girl much like how Clare was traveling alone with a young Raki. Also like how Teresa was traveling alone with a young Clare. If the cycle really is continuing, Raki has found this girl somewhere who reminds him of himself when he was young.
well not exactly, she is able to sense yoki which means she has to be an AB (i find it unlikely a half yoma managed to leave the org at such a young age, judging by the scene of Teresa being chased by an org member when she was little)
Old 2008-06-03, 21:45   Link #391
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
well not exactly, she is able to sense yoki which means she has to be an AB (i find it unlikely a half yoma managed to leave the org at such a young age, judging by the scene of Teresa being chased by an org member when she was little)
Well, Raki said that he was taking care of her for a relative. Maybe the "relative" helped free her from the Organization. It could be many possible things.

We don't even know if the little girl is even a yoma hybrid. We are so used to thinking about things only yoma related, which is not the case anymore. There are many doors of opportunities that Miria's secret has opened up. She could be from the other continent, and Raki picked her up as well as impenetrable armor and a large sword.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:46   Link #392
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

in claymore pre. time skip raki was about 12-13 he's like 19 20 now
Old 2008-06-03, 21:47   Link #393
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
I also start to think like that but the problem is that this runaway girl can sense Yoki. So I think their relation should be more deeper and more interesting. Or else it will be too repetitive.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:51   Link #394
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I also start to think like that but the problem is that this runaway girl can sense Yoki. So I think their relation should be more deeper and more interesting. Or else it will be too repetitive.

The fact that the girl is traveling with Raki alone all across the continent pretty much speaks to the fact that Raki's "relative" or close friend is dead and the girl probably has no other friends or family.

That sounds much like young Clare's and Raki's situation.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:53   Link #395
nero23

I lean towards the idea that Raki picked her up from somewhere, and that at the least, he doesn't think she is an AB. I don't think Raki would associate (knowingly) with ABs, at least from the point we last saw him. He may put the girl's ability to sense youma down to her being a claymore prep student, or just some girl with a mysterious power like Miata.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:59   Link #396
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Zato_1one: I agree that it seems translations should be allowed. I even got into an argument with the administrators about it last month when derelict88 posted a translation of the last claymore chapter. Apparently they are not, but if the admins don't delete it I will be super happy . I just figured I would give you a warning about it so you are not surprised.

@ mosmos: Good find on those pics of raki's armor. It can move! The armor seems to be able to either slide down his forearm or it can actually just telescope out to cover his entire arm (maybe even his entire body). There was a definite sound effect with it too. Berserker armor anyone? This is no usual armor Raki is fighting in. Blocking the youma fingers with something that was not on his forearm moments before is huge. This armor is definitely important for the future of the story with Raki. And if I am not mistaken, that sword is bigger than a claymore...
Old 2008-06-03, 21:59   Link #397
Ancient Soul

If that translation is correct...

Then i must say that i'm a little annoyed because Miria didn't revealed his surse
from within the ORG to the others.She either :
1. don't trust his camarades;
2. the others don't know about that guy so no point in tell them;
3. they know him but will not believe her.

If the surse is Rubel Clare will have believed her right away since Rubel wasn't to bad
towards her as a handler and even told her some things about whats going on.

Right now i began to think that Rubel is not alone in his plans.After all is just a handler.
Most likely someone within the council support him (yeah i know politics).I mean is possible
to be problems within the council at least about what experiments to be done and how to do
it.Enough to create a breach there.Also Raki somehow got a sword and a suit full of armour out of nowhere.It began to seem that even Isley is cought within a greater plan.That girl i think is a new experiment (just yoki sensing) done by someone.I mean if there are two groups within The ORG each one with his own experiments the story will be more intersting.
Old 2008-06-03, 21:59   Link #398
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627
Also, it seems that Raki and Clare will meet soon. Cid tells Clare that Raki has moved west, and has been retracing their footsteps of their travels together. With that knowledge, Clare should be able to easily track down Raki. The question is if Clare would leave the other Ghosts to look for Raki, especially now that she knows Miria's secret.
Looks like it's time for the team to split up (temporarily). How I could see it unfolding from here:

Teams:

Miria (lead)
w/ Tabitha, Cynthia
Objective: Establish Rebel Alliance footholds while Clare locates Raki.
Trouble: Encounter Dragon Kin finding the island and starting to make a beachhead for invasion.

Clare (lead)
w/ Helen, Deneve, Yuma
Objective: Reunion with Raki
Altercation: Riful. Time to twist things around with Raki possibly defending Riful and Clare from each other due to what he's learned from Isley; be interesting to see the other side of Helen's comment come about, too.

Galatea (lead)
w/ Miata, Clarice
Objective: Secure Rabona, watch for Org offensives
Mule-headedness: Clarice decides she has to strike out on her own (with Miata) for some purpose (eg: evidence of Org movement, confronting her handler, etc.) leaving Galatea in a bad position when a real attack happens. Strategizing with Cid, Galk and the other troops yields an effective victory by primarily human hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one
Actually, we merely assume she can sense youki, but that's not guaranteed. She could be like Miata or something else entirely. Vaguely reminds me of the guy in Parasyte would could tell who was infected by the aliens, but only by actually looking at their faces.
Old 2008-06-03, 22:10   Link #399
tenken627
what Yagi said

I also feel like there will be a parting of ways Kinematics, although I have no proof. I just feel like that is the direction the story is going.

Kind of like the breaking of the Fellowship of the Ring.

There is just so many different directions that the story is alluding to. Reunion with Raki, discovering more of the truth of the Organization and the DoDs, and also tracking down Organization movements as well as securing Rabona (depending on the deal Miria and Father Vincent makes).

Unless Yagi-sensei starts to just make coincidences after coincidences, I would expect that the group will start to split up, each with their own purpose and path.

I agree that Clare will head one group, Miria will head another, and Galatea will head the last. I am not sure of how the rest will fall into line. The only sure thing is that Tabitha will follow Miria no matter what.
Old 2008-06-03, 22:13   Link #400
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Arguement- just to spice things up.

That little girl following Raki is definately Pricilla.
That girl can sense yoma ? - That's Pricilla
Small girl that sticks to Raki - That's Pricilla
Spoiler for nothing:

Do you really think Pricilla will allow another girl to come between her and Raki ?
No way.. She kills just like Psycho ....(Yagi sama, is that twisted. hehe)
Closed Thread

Tags
manga