AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-27, 15:04   Link #161
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So that huge thing was Macross....but what is it ?
Old 2008-06-27, 15:25   Link #162
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
By the way, did anyone else think that Ranka finally stopped looking childlike towards the end when she's looking out the cockpit at the clouds?
Pretty much negated by the preview for next week, where she has a flatter chest than Alto.
Old 2008-06-27, 15:44   Link #163
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
By the way, did anyone else think that Ranka finally stopped looking childlike towards the end when she's looking out the cockpit at the clouds?
The first time I thought she didn't look like a moe-blob/loli was at the end of episode 10 when she was singing Aimo in the Birdman movie. I think she did indeed look a little more mature at the scene you noted. Although the fact that she still has no boobs shows she still has a ways to go.
Old 2008-06-27, 15:58   Link #164
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Holy crap I love Frontier's love triangle more and more. Finally Ranka actually beat Sheryl, this is going to be so fun to watch. From here I think Sheryl need to change her approach to Alto a bit as seen by the scene where Michael said Alto should consider Ranka's feeling. Sheryl needs to start showing more emotion to Alto if she wants to win Alto. One of the best moment of this episode was when those Zentradi were nose bleeding over Ranka, who knew that they were bunch of lolicon . Also this new Zentrai reminds me of Quamzin from the original and it seems that he already experienced culture but seems to hate it. And what a great way to end the episode with Macross and those eyes, are they Bird Human's eye?
Old 2008-06-27, 16:03   Link #165
nero23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadesicod25 View Post
There We Go Folks They Found Megaroad 1! The One That Dissapeared!

Ps: stop talkin about that lovely dovly crap and discuss about if that is megaroad 1 or sdf1.

For me i don't see how that can be the SDF1 since that would be on earth and well DOES IT LOOK LIKE EARTH?!
In the preview, they said it was a "first generation Macross-class ship". So it might be another ship. SDF1 had aircraft carriers for arms, but in Macross Plus, the SDF1 had arms that looked just like the ones in the preview. The title is "Memory of Gloval". In the official timeline, what happened to Gloval? The wikipedia entry is filled with Robotech crap.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:10   Link #166
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

In the official timeline, after Space War I, Global became the pioneer for space colonization and the expansion of UN SPACY (eventually becoming NUNS) influence across the known galaxy. The first project under him was the Megaroad-I (which we all know and love).

Other colonial projects were launched while he was alive, but thats it.

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND vs. SPANIEN: Sonntag 6/29/2008!)
Old 2008-06-27, 16:14   Link #167
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Pretty much negated by the preview for next week, where she has a flatter chest than Alto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial
The first time I thought she didn't look like a moe-blob/loli was at the end of episode 10 when she was singing Aimo in the Birdman movie. I think she did indeed look a little more mature at the scene you noted. Although the fact that she still has no boobs shows she still has a ways to go.
Eh, breasts don't necessarily make the woman... although they do add to her appeal, if they're there (and boy, Sheryl has a lot of 'confidence' up front). She can look older even if she doesn't have them, if only because her face gets less rounded and childlike... as it did in episode 3 when she sang Aimo, but more so here. She's finally starting to grow up, now that Ozma's stopped smothering her to death.

Still, this is Gallia 4, right? Surely they'd have noticed a Macross wreck by now, given that the planet is known to NUNS and presumably the human-Zentradi alliance? Makes you wonder what else's been hidden, beyond Megaroad-01's disappearance.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:20   Link #168
magnuskn

Quote:
Eh, breasts don't necessarily make the woman... although they do add to her appeal, if they're there (and boy, Sheryl has a lot of 'confidence' up front). She can look older even if she doesn't have them, if only because her face gets less rounded and childlike... as it did in episode 3 when she sang Aimo, but more so here. She's finally starting to grow up, now that Ozma's stopped smothering her to death.
Her loli design still makes me uneasy, what can I say?
Old 2008-06-27, 16:28   Link #169
Key Board
Carbon

It's not the megaroad, people.

The preview confirms it as the dai-ichi / first macross

It's been years since we last saw it in Macross Plus. Anything could have happened.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:51   Link #170
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Her loli design still makes me uneasy, what can I say?
She's getting away from it, so things are improving in that respect for you. We'll see how things are towards the end.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:10   Link #171
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
I wonder if we'll get any flashback images of Global in the next installment....the title for next episode for is one of the cause of my excitement right now!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Global has always been one of my fav characters ever since he called the Macross a piece of junk I'll really like to see what happened to him.. as well as Isamu and Myung... wtb Macross Plus tie in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich
For those who are mourning the 'relationship' aspects, isn't it better to have an exciting race rather than a boring, predictable one?
The writers wouldn't be doing their jobs if this wasn't an exciting race, also they want people to think Sheryl was going to "win" at 11 and gain sympathy for Ranka and than they flipped the script and reversed the situation in 12. They'll be plenty of twists to come in this triangle. I just hope they avoid doing a True Tears and pulling the trigger too early and than throwing in another twist in the relationships (which actually worked on the majority of the fanbase.. especially 2ch lol) just to draw it out especially since with so much story to go through it would just be a bad use of time.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-06-27 at 17:25.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:10   Link #172
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Holy Sh!t - OG Macross!!!!!!!!!

This is offically my favorite episode.

Also the timing of the clinch speaks for itself
Old 2008-06-27, 17:10   Link #173
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Holy crap I love Frontier's love triangle more and more. Finally Ranka actually beat Sheryl, this is going to be so fun to watch. From here I think Sheryl need to change her approach to Alto a bit as seen by the scene where Michael said Alto should consider Ranka's feeling. Sheryl needs to start showing more emotion to Alto if she wants to win Alto.
I'm not sure what more emotion Sheryl could possibly need to show.

In many romance anime that I've seen as of late, it's enough to simply show that the character in question is upset that their love interest isn't spending enough time with them, to imply some sort of "deep" romantic interest. This situation is much different; here we have Sheryl who is extremely ill and is unable to go to the job that she loves, and yet the first words out of her mouth showed her concern that Alto wouldn't be able to fulfill his dream. It's somewhat surprising that this sort of sentiment isn't the norm anymore (isn't love supposed to be about your feelings for others, rather than theirs for you?), but as such, you'll probably have to go back to a classic like KOR if you want to really see heartfelt sentiments like this.

I've been mainly been interested in Alto and Sheryl's relationship for the banter so far, but with this episode, this pairing has the makings of one of the most earnest relationships that I've seen in a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues to develop and mature.

What Sheryl is lacking right now is the support network that Ranka has in her set of mutual friends with Alto. On one hand, you have Nanase reminding Ranka about Alto's birthday, checking with her to see if she's made plans with Alto, giving her a recipe to use to make her present, and so on. On the other, you have Michael telling Alto in no uncertain terms about Ranka's feelings and that he ought take her out because of what she's done for him; furthermore, Michael offers to keep watch on Sheryl in Alto's stead so that he doesn't worry. Teamwork always helps, no matter what you're trying to accomplish.

The biggest problem is that Sheryl has been trying to do everything alone, when in reality, no amount of willpower can compensate for the support of friends and loved ones. That's the point that's being driven home here both in terms of Sheryl's career and relationships; only by finding people in whom she can place her trust can Sheryl continue to find strength should her own ever falter, as it did here.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:22   Link #174
bakamono

Yes, Megaroad is out of the question. It is way bigger and non transformable, so it couldn't have a fortress mode. SDF-2 Megaroad or maybe some other Megaroad class ship can be seen in the intro of the first episode of Macross F, taking off from earth, with SDF-1 in the background. About the difference with the "arms". The SDF-1 was supposed to get two ARMD carriers attached to it in the first place, but they were destroyed by the Zentradi in the first episodes of the original TV series while attempting to dock with SDF-1 in space. After the fold incident SDF-1 docked with the aircraft carrier Prometheus and the landing craft carrier Daedalus. It stayed that way until Kamjin made his last attack at the end of the TV series, where part of Macross was destroyed. After restoring it, they docked it with two ARMD carriers like it was supposed to. The question is, why do they want SDF-1 get lost in Space and end on a deserted planet? I can't wait until next Thursday!
Old 2008-06-27, 17:51   Link #175
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
The biggest problem is that Sheryl has been trying to do everything alone, when in reality, no amount of willpower can compensate for the support of friends and loved ones. That's the point that's being driven home here both in terms of Sheryl's career and relationships; only by finding people in whom she can place her trust can Sheryl continue to find strength should her own ever falter, as it did here.
Yup. Sheryl has been the ultimate symbol of faith in oneself so far. But sometimes, pure will power just isn't enough, as in this case. So hopefully she'll grow from this and learn to reach out some more. I, for one, is looking forward to her maturing and developing to the next level. Time for some serious Sheryl power-up!
Old 2008-06-27, 18:03   Link #176
Tak

According to the official website, which is just updated, Episode 13 is still called Twilight Planet.

http://www.macrossf.com/story/story_list.html

Some serious mess here...

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND vs. SPANIEN: Sonntag!)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-06-27 at 18:39.
Old 2008-06-27, 18:27   Link #177
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Tak isn't that a spoiler?
Old 2008-06-27, 18:31   Link #178
Tak

We already had a taste of Episode 13 weeks ago by NewType. The summary was posted all over the place. The website simply 'revealed' it again.

Old 2008-06-27, 18:34   Link #179
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We already had a taste of Episode 13 weeks ago by NewType. The summary was posted all over the place. The website simply 'revealed' it again.

Yes but
Quote:
[*]Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.[*]Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.[*]Be polite to your fellow forum members.[*]Please try to keep the discussion on topic.[/LIST]Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
and this was the first time I heard anything about episode 13 as I avoid spoilers like a plague.
Old 2008-06-27, 18:37   Link #180
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yes but and this was the first time I heard anything about episode 13 as I avoid spoilers like a plague.
Agreed. Tak can you mod/delete your post?