AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-05, 15:51   Link #381
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Dae is a master trapsmen, once a lady is in his sight she never gets away...that or because she is stone dead.
Lol so true well that last part anyway.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:57   Link #382
Nixl

Maybe Dae has a stance form like the characters from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure to pick up all the ladies,

Spoiler for oh boy:

Edit: Wait a god damn minute, Roxanne reminds of Dio Brando for some reason. Maybe it the facial expressions they do in the manga.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-05 at 16:11.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:26   Link #383
Dark Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayer4Miria View Post
One of the posts in baidu is saying that Yagi is setting up a finale where Dae will capture Prissy and use her to resurrect Teresa, who will subsequently awaken. Clare will then have to make a choice whether she would want to sacrifice her own life and all her comrades to kill Teresa to save the island; or awake herself to join Teresa. The post also says that the final battle is between Clare and Teresa, not between Clare and Prissy.

That would be a true tearjerker . I can see Dae doing that just for the lulz, being the mad scientist that he is. Still, unless he's aware that an awakened Teresa would be at the very least equal to Priscilla, I can't really see him attempting it.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:25   Link #384
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Yes, I can see it now...

Priscilla is standing staring at a city she's about to eat
MiB ninja squad sneaks up behind her and jabs her with a tranq
Priscilla turns and looks at them... reaches for the darts stuck in her back and pulls them out
Priscilla looks at the darts then the men
Priscilla:"Perhaps that would have worked if I wasn't so strong [stabs the first of them in the lower gut] Now please tell me why you would do such a thing"
MiB:"Master Dea ordered us to, he didn't say why..."
Priscilla:"You really shouldn't tell a girl your of no further use to her"
MiB attempt to flee... none make it
*thump ... *thump
Priscilla turns towards to the noise and see Master Dea
Dae:"Now that you've been well feed perhaps we can talk."
Priscilla: "Ha, you know how to treat a girl I suppose but I didn't think you'd be foolish enough to come yourself. What made you think this was a good idea?"
Dae:"Did you know that I found a man with your arm stuck in his back."
Priscilla:"I no longer care what happens to Raki" [walks towards him]
Dae:"Don't kid yourself, and don't worry I removed all the flesh in him, he's unharmed."
Priscilla: [Closes half the ground between them]"I'm getting hungry again"
Dae:"Good thing there is a city over there, with your apatite I would never do"
Priscilla:"Your not as close minded as the other members of the organization."
Dae:"I'll take that as a compliment"
Priscilla: ---
Dae: "Anyways did you know with your flesh I was able to bring back to life 3 former number 1s"
Priscilla: [Steps closer to him, is a few feet away at most now] "Ha, if your hear to threaten me, no that 3 of them could never challenge me"
Dae:"Exactly, they're all trash"
Priscilla:"... I'm listening" [takes a step back]
Dae:"I think we want the same thing"
Priscilla:"I find that hard to believe, how could you even know what i want"
Dae:"Oh simple really, according to reports of survivors of when you reemerged from the Yoki Mass, you wanted to kill someone again. I'm guessing it's Teresa of the Faint Smile, the strongest #1 in history... the reports state she beat you in single combat until you awakened"
Priscilla:"[says more to herself]Was that her name?"
Dae:"Yes, and believe me I was out raged when they used her flesh to make a hybrid attempting to resurrect her power. I lost my best specimen that day"
[Priscilla thinks to herself, I suspected there was a reason she smelled the same yet I didn't recognize her]
Dae: "Anyways, I want to bring her back and now that you where merged with the hybrid who holds her mind I suspect we can bring her back if you directly help in this"
Priscilla: "HA, and why would I help you bring her back?"
Dae: "Simple I suspect you want another go at her and I only want to see whom is the strongest, I care not about who wins in the end. I just want the perfect weapon or at the very least the strongest possible weapon"
Priscilla: "So we bring her back and I can them be free to kill her?"
Dae: "Yes"
Priscilla:"What do you get out of it after the fight?"
Dae: "hahah, Knowledge at that moment maybe something more later"
Priscilla: "Deal"

Now I'm not saying I agree it will happen at all, or want it too, but it would be interesting if it does happen... and even if Yagi makes it seem there is only two choices it doesn't mean Clare won't find a third option or attempt to. I'm just saying it's an interesting idea and hopefully by the end of this arc we'll have a better understanding of if Yagi is heading in this direction.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:29   Link #385
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Dae:"Oh simple really, according to reports of survivors of when you reemerged from the Yoki Mass, you wanted to kill someone again. I'm guessing it's Teresa of the Faint Smile, the strongest #1 in history... the reports state she beat you in single combat until you awakened"
Uh oh. Incoming 300 pages of whether or not Teresa is the strongest evaa!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:36   Link #386
Nixl

Strongest no.1 in history eh?

Define strong Ryus >:3

If you call having a cheap ability to predict someone's movements and still struggle against a newb with only 2 months of combat against yoma and no hax ability the signs of a strong warrior, sure I guess Teresa is strong. Too bad she did not get ahead in life. I guess she just needed a hand to help her.

Besides,
Spoiler for .:
Old 2011-10-05, 17:37   Link #387
haegar
mangaviking

that theory from baidu ... what a blob of blob I say
Old 2011-10-05, 17:50   Link #388
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Uh oh. Incoming 300 pages of whether or not Teresa is the strongest evaa!
Here's the proof
Old 2011-10-05, 17:51   Link #389
haegar
mangaviking

and then somebody had mercy and there was a chapter out ...
Old 2011-10-05, 17:56   Link #390
Nixl

Wait a second, does Roxanne also admit to killing children?

"That's why I hate to have children as opponents."
Old 2011-10-05, 17:58   Link #391
haegar
mangaviking

what gave you the misplaced notion she would have any objection?

edit: what I rly like and I know gooral will like it too is that Miria and Hysteria for the moment are even by luck only. It's not that Miria is completely level. Rather she is completely ignoring precision and instead puts it all into speed to clash with Hysteria so fast that the other, too cannot control the impact. That is much more believable than her suddenly mustering the control for that move out of nowhere. And it makes this far more unpredictable
Old 2011-10-05, 18:02   Link #392
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:

I think you're taking her too literally. I'm fairly sure she means "children" as one may say "neophyte".

Overall, nothing particularly special about this chapter. I continue to feel like things are dragging.

Cas = Flavorless version of Miria
Rox = Totally inferior version of Ophelia
Some random weak Claymore who dies due to Rox's inaction = Some random weak Claymore who dies due to Ophelia's inaction.

Yay.

Aaaaaaaanyways, are we in for some Awakened #1s now? Is Rox going to start wondering if she's going to revert as well, and have that smug smirk wiped off her face?

The suspense.

Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-05 at 18:22. Reason: Always mix up those two copycats. :p
Old 2011-10-05, 18:06   Link #393
Butagami

Wow, Roxanne really is one twisted bitch
There is some heavy subtext no 35 was abused sexually, pretty horrific altogether...
Roxanne really needs to have that smile torn of her face by force, along with the rest of her skin.
And yeah, sure she'd fought kids if given the chance, and probably has. I don't care what everyone says about ophelia, Ol' Roxy takes the cake in Biggest monster of Claymore. Sheesh, she Dae's kid or something?
Old 2011-10-05, 18:15   Link #394
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:

Beats me... It might be my personal opinion, so don't take so serious. Anyways, it's not because she's admitting it, but imo she's just annoyed fighting with some children who have no battle experience. I guess you could think as young Clare's fighting style when she used to give her all not even thinking what happens next.

Hm... can't give a masterpiece for this chapter, but I think it somehow connects the main events by telling the reason why it happened. As for Miria, we need more explanations... Wasn't Hysteria using the Phantom-like techniques that surpassed hers? I don't see as to why Miria's new technique that was never used against Rigardo (and I'm guessing her technique referring to an improved version of her phantoms), now bases on suicidal attacks dealing the same injuries to the user?

@Butagami I just knew ppl would hate Roxanne even more when translations where out
Old 2011-10-05, 18:16   Link #395
haegar
mangaviking

speakin of Dae .. he likewise reminds of a kid ... like imagine a 6year old with this friggin HUUGE smile plastered on his face upon seeing the new years fireworks he has been waiting for for months now

Which begs the very interesting question brought up before if he and Rubel are consorts. I doubt that though otherwise their past conversation when Dae wasd preparing the zombies wouldn't quite fit... However, it would appear that over the thought of being able to bring back three of his beloved ultimate creations the old fart finally lost his marbels, metaphorically speaking. I mean he never was concerned with losses. They are a neccessary burden of moving science forward. However, if your losses amount to your experiment being about to blow up your lab, destroy anything related to it and in the process likewise kill the financial backers of your research than you have crossed a certain line that sperates a ruthless scientist from a raging madman. If he truly chose those three cause he thought they would awaken, simply because he had to see his creations full potential realized, well...surely, Rubel will enjoy himself, too
Old 2011-10-05, 18:16   Link #396
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Wow Roxanne really went out of her way to prove that she is Chaotic Evil. All an all a good chapter.

Also really loved Miria and Hysteria's little talk in the beginning.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:18   Link #397
Nixl

Well, I did enjoy the implications of Dae's words, "the first of the them to awaken." Hopefully more to come.

@Jean, I do not not think what Miria is fighting Hysteria with is a technique so much as awakening or at least using a partial awakening like Claire did against Rigardo. That seems to me more like going berserk than an actual technique. Furthermore, last chapter she did appear to say that she was over that fear of losing control and was ready to take the same leap Claire did.

Also, I guess Roxanne could be speaking in the present when she said she hated fighting kids, but still seems to leave open the possibility that she has in the past.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:21   Link #398
claremore

awwww. cassy's story is so sad, that she couldnt get a single hit for revenge for her friend well, i do hate roxanne even more, though i didnt think that was possible
its sucks that cassandras awakening
Another thing, after reading this cassandra strikes me as very similar to kitano seichiro from angel densetsu everyone is terrified of her and her ugly technique, but shes actually a naive/ good person.

Last edited by claremore; 2011-10-05 at 19:13.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:23   Link #399
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Well, I did enjoy the implications of Dae's words, "the first of the them to awaken." Hopefully more to come.

@Jean, I do not not think what Miria is fighting Hysteria with is a technique so much as awakening or at least using a partial awakening like Claire did against Rigardo. Furthermore, last chapter she did appear to say that she was over that fear of losing control and was ready to take the same leap Claire did.

Also, I guess Roxanne could be speaking in the present when she said she hated fighting kids, but still seems to leave open the possibility that she has in the past.
*scraches head* Eh... we better leave this for next chap's discussion Though I can only say she has released more than 30/50% of her yoki power due to her facial/body (not sure) distortion, so I gues there can be assumptions saying that she IS on the verge of awakening.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:26   Link #400
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post
awwww. cassy's story is so sad, that she couldnt get a single hit for revenge for her friend well, i do hate roxanne even more, though i didnt think that was possible
its sucks that cassandras awakening
Yeah Cassandra's such a sad girl and now she's awakening. Well hopefully she'll get a great end maybe even bite off Roxanne's head.