AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 120 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 9.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.76%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-06, 21:51   Link #601
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
I'd have to vote Yuma, given the choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I would vote for Yuma,

More votes for Yuma? The Yuma detractors are yet again crushed and running in fear for their inferior fandom. YUMA WINS AGAIN, next challenge.
Old 2011-11-06, 21:52   Link #602
MalakTawus

Quote:
Yeah but she can't lead the Ghosts, so she's automatically disqualified
For those two GREAT qualities we could make an exception,no?
Pretty please?

--------------------------------------

I had a realization!!!!!!
This is the big chance for Yuma to go around the battlefiel and steal tons of claymores!

Yuma: "More ammunition for my great technique!!!"
Cinthy: "Are you serious? Those are needed for their tombstone!"
Yuma: "...................all of them?"
Cinthy:"ALL of them! Yuma, i saw that sword that you are hiding under your cloak!"
***Yuma cries in despair***
Cinthy:"Oh come on!I'll lend you my sword sometimes,ok?"
Yuma:
Old 2011-11-06, 22:19   Link #603
Nixl

Last one before I go.

Picking anything other than Yuma? Seriously, I hope you don't do this.
Old 2011-11-06, 22:46   Link #604
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Leadership... it is rather cut and dry; the one whom everyone else follows is the leader - period. In the case of the Ghosts, at the moment that would be Deneve. It isn't a popularity contest, otherwise all these point/counter-point arguments might actually amount to something.

I don't particularly care for her, myself, but that doesn't change the facts. Even though Tabitha chose their last known destination, the others still took their cue from Deneve. Deneve agrees to defer to Tabitha's decision, and then the others follow suit.

This is similar to back when Clare decides to head south to resume her search for Raki. Miria challenges Clare to test her conviction. Then she defers to Clare's decision. Yet there is no question that the Ghosts still consider Miria as the leader, at that time.

The same applies to the current situation. Deneve has taken up Miria's mantle, atleast for the time being. Interpret the situation anyway you wish, but the facts do not change.

Edit: LMAO at the direction this discussion took - a voting poll? I'd have to vote Yuma, given the choice.

Disregarding the direction of the discussionnnn ...

As much as I like Yuma.. I think they'd all die if Yuma were to lead . Then she'd have a mental breakdown and kill herself or something.

Deneve is annoying, but she's needed and Tabatha.. Yagi doesn't do a good job with portraying her.. she just seems like a total follower that can't make her own decisions.. well up until recently lolol only cause Deneve put her on the spot
Old 2011-11-06, 23:45   Link #605
BlackMagister

I'm not interested in all these random Claymore discussions that are filled with smiley faces and silly pictures, but I do find it funny that every picture of Yuma has her sweating out of embarrassment or fear. If there was one ward to characterize Yuma it would be... awkward. In fact I hereby nickname her Yuma the Awkward.

Anyways I look forward to Deneve's group coming in the next chapter and a possible AO vs AO fight. The third AO Hysteria will be focused on killing everyone else which should be interesting and will be likely reason why Deneve's group need to show up more so than Cassandra or Roxanne since they will be fighting each other.

As for the leadership discussion, Deneve is leading the group. Even after Deneve gave Tabitha the choice on where to go it was still Deneve who was the one talking to Anastasia and company about their loyalty when destroying Organization property.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:00   Link #606
ATM

Gooral you are right, Miria’s last move during that fight was the new phantom. Yononaka and Malak Tawus you both were also right, Miria re-atached her arm and wasn’t planning on going back to finish off Hysteria as she thought she was already dead. I stand corrected.

As for the time it takes to sever Hysterias head off, I could have also make a mistake, It probably won't take much time to do so as there are plenty of other ways to do it besides doing it with her teeth. Gooral gives the example of grabbing a claymore and dropping it on her head letting gravity do most of the work. Others wrote that she can just grab a sword and start slashing her throat. All of them might work (since we can’t conduct a proper experiment on the matter, we can only speculate). So by judging Hysteria’s posture and Mirias proximity these might take aprox. 20 to 25 seconds to perform (if they can be performed).

Well I have another theory as to how could Miria sever Hysterias head, it’s quick and I have seen it (In a b-movie most likely but don’t remember which). Why don’t just Miria stands up quickly, takes a few steps back and then runs towards Hysteria and kicks her head off; like she was trying to score a field goal and Hysteria’s head was a football. Some ppl already stated that she has extra strenght right now due to the amount of yoki she is using. An this could only take 7 to 10 seconds. So yeah why not kick it so hard that it goes flying off a few hundred yards? It would make a gory mess thou.

But I’m glad none of the above happened, now I see it clearly thanks to Malak Tawus’s post that it’s beyond Mirias personality and code of ethics to do so. Also that Miria thought that Hysteria was already dead. I can’t picture Miria grabbing a sword and cutting Hysterias head off with gravity/sword, a power slash or a football kick and then say “So Sorry, I didnt wanted to kill you” if she thought that Hysteria was already dead, that would be cruel to Miria.

Yononada the thing about chopping Hysteria into tiny bits was first brought up by Claymore! I was reffering to it because I was saying that before any ideas on how to finish Hysteria off, first she needed to re-attach her arm.

However, we can be wrong, and Miria forgot to chop Hysterias head because she was just too busy thinking about Hysterias bodacious tatas in this Miata/Clarice moment. Was Miria perving on Hysteria?

Grrr, Finally learned how to attach a picture properly! ( it took less than an hour, just 43 minutes hahaha)
BTW. Thanks a bunch Shiek927 and Malak Tawus.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:06   Link #607
Nixl

@BlackMagister, I can understand if all the silly replies are getting irritating, but once in a while it is nice to have a completely sarcastic nonsensical debate.

@ATM, oh good you brought that post back. I was worried that you may have seen all the nonsensical replies and had given up on the serious conversation at hand and deleted your post. Felt some guilt there for a second lol.

Off Topic,

If anyone would like the Mass Effect 3 beta spoilers (data mined large portions of the beta for story spoilers) just PM me and I will PM the info back to you tomorrow or whenever I can. Note, they are subject to change in the final product, but a lot of it will stay as is and it will at least give you an idea of where Bioware is taking Mass Effect.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:13   Link #608
ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@ATM, oh good you brought that post back. I was worried that you may have seen all the nonsensical replies and had given up on the serious conversation at hand and deleted your post. Felt some guilt there for a second lol.
Hehe, not at all, since I waas not able to figure how to display a picture with my message I tried to insert one using it as a banner, but totally failed at that too. :P

Thanks Falcor!

Now I have to figure out how to delete that stupid signature I made hahaaha, darn I'm a noob :P

Last edited by ATM; 2011-11-07 at 00:48.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:15   Link #609
Nixl

Have you tried uploading it to Photobucket/Imageshack and then IMG linking it from there?
Old 2011-11-07, 00:32   Link #610
ATM

Yep that was my first thought, but I don't have a photobucket or flicker account.

How ever there is an easier way and for anyone that has the same problem (not that you are slow or newbie like me) and wish to upload a picture I will tell you how I did it, which is to go to your profile in the forum and create a photo album by using the tools that are on the left side of the screen (pictures and albums), and then you can start uploading pictures to it.

Then when typing your message use the botton "insert image" then go to the album you just created and copy all the http direction on top of the screen and paste it onto your message, and voilá thats it, and like I said that only took 43 minutes haha.

Last edited by ATM; 2011-11-07 at 00:45.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:34   Link #611
Nixl

Oh good, I was about to make a quick Imageshack guide just in case. In that case, I can go to bed now, good night.
Old 2011-11-07, 08:25   Link #612
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

ATM, and everyone else, the magic site is Tinypic - no registration, no nothing - you can upload a photo in seconds, it even gives you a forum link to post it, and bam. You don't have to worry about it going away by itself or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagister
I'm not interested in all these random Claymore discussions that are filled with smiley faces and silly pictures, but I do find it funny that every picture of Yuma has her sweating out of embarrassment or fear. If there was one ward to characterize Yuma it would be... awkward. In fact I hereby nickname her Yuma the Awkward.

You don't care to have some fun? at least once and while? Unless someone bumps up one of the old social threads, their's still three weeks till the next chapter....let's enjoy ourselves shall we?

Besides, a debate (as most of them) like this only runs around in circles until we all get tired and move onto something else, which is essentially what happened - again, who we find most ideal is subjective (especially this actually), as well as who apparently is the new leader of the Ghosts, whether permanently or temporarily -- no matter how much or how many times a user says "this isn't opinion, this is fact", and states their reasons, it's still not 100% crystal clear and probably won't be until the next chapter with the Ghosts; heck, even then, we may not get a full answer (especially if the structure is how Nixl described); Hence, my beauty-pagent like vote-off to lighten things up

Heh, Yuma is awkward without a doubt; that's part of her charm. She's awkward, meek, bashful, down-to-earth, a bit of a klutz (it takes her 4.2 seconds to realize throwing her sword is not a good idea )....this is all part of what makes her awesome

I suddenly imagine for Halloween, she'd dress up like Superman or a superhero - I wonder what all the others would dress like.

Yawn, well, time for a new topic.
Old 2011-11-07, 08:49   Link #613
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I suddenly imagine for Halloween, she'd dress up like Superman or a superhero - I wonder what all the others would dress like.
Well,
Spoiler for Size:

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-07, 14:11   Link #614
claremore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post

Anyway, this line said by Dae is funny:
So it was absurd that Claymores could be revived but it's not absurd that they can become ABs even after they die? WTF?
Also, he says it's ridiculous but from what we've seen these 3 warriors were revived Claymores. Cassandra and Roxanne had their memories and personalities intact and it didn't look like they would awaken easily (at least Hysteria and Roxanne, for Cassadra her memories sufficed for her to go berserk). And how come Dae could even control them and tell them to go and wipe out other warriors? I can't help but think this entire arc was poorly written, starting with Miria going herself to defeat MiB. From this point on in almost every chapter plot holes and ass-pulls were as common as exclamation marks in Claymore. It had it's moments but overall it's far from usual Claymore level.
in 113, Dae specifically mentioned that it took Cassandra several hours to die with the 126 cuts all over her body and she resisted awakening, much like Jean. Upon remembering her hatred toward roxanne after being brought from the dead,those wounds appeared all over her again, and she immediately awakened. If she was actually the same person from back then, she would have at least tried to stop it. We already know that what is needed is a strong human heart to prevent awakening (back in volume 1), so that is probably the thing that wasnt brought back from being reanimated and why they aren't actually 'ressurected warriors'. Although it annoyed me from the beginning that they had their personalities and they should have just been like the AFs if this was going to be the case anyway.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:06   Link #615
BlackMagister

Quote:
Besides, a debate (as most of them) like this only runs around in circles until we all get tired and move onto something else, which is essentially what happened - again, who we find most ideal is subjective (especially this actually), as well as who apparently is the new leader of the Ghosts, whether permanently or temporarily -- no matter how much or how many times a user says "this isn't opinion, this is fact", and states their reasons, it's still not 100% crystal clear and probably won't be until the next chapter with the Ghosts; heck, even then, we may not get a full answer (especially if the structure is how Nixl described); Hence, my beauty-pagent like vote-off to lighten things up
I would say it's a cirlce becaus you haven't addressed why you think Tabitha is a good leader and instead focus on why Deneve isn't a good enough leader. As you really can't argue that Tabitha ever led the group, she was given one choice that is all. The only thing I think you ever argued was that it's ok for a leader to be indecisive and get advice/help from others when talking about how Tabitha wasn't able to make a choice or broke down emotionally. Sure a leader can get outside help, but a leader isn't defined by needing help. If a leader can't make any choice on their own they might as well let other people lead.

Miria cried, Miria was at a loss of what to do at points sure, but she wasn't a good leader because of that. We have seen Miria make choices in battle and inspire others to march onward. Tabitha shares the former in common with Miria while Deneve shares the later. If you need examples there are plenty.

Really what do you think makes a good leader? What do you think a leader does? Define what Miria did that made her a leader and you would end up describing what Deneve has done even though Deneve has never outright said she is the leader. During Chapter 67 afterall Miria resigned as leader, but everyone could see that she was still leading the group and giving orders. It doesn't need to be explicitily said, we can see Deneve giving battle commands, leading the group, holding it together and negotiating with other groups as representitive of the ghosts.

Tabitha still maintains the same relationship in the group being led by Deneve as when Miria led. Tabitha gives advice because she is the group's eye, but has never made hard choices expect the one Deneve gave her nor does she have the mental strength to compose herself in crisis situations.

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-11-07 at 16:06.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:41   Link #616
Gooral
Banned

I wonder how much at fault Raftela is for what happened? Yagi also hasn't explained why Cassandra's face suddenly started to fall apart or what did the laboratory where Deneve and the rest went looked like or what was Dae's detour about or what had Rubel been doing in the time we haven't seen him.
Old 2011-11-07, 15:51   Link #617
Nixl

I thought the reason Cassandra's face split open was because the wounds never truly healed with her revival. Or are you stating why is opened at that time? I assumed it was just for dramatic effect since she remembered that she died. Also reinforcing Dae's words that they are not truly alive (maybe I took his words out of context).

Actually I cannot remember, are the Ghosts still heading towards the laboratory? If so, well damn we might have some type of laboratory filler before Claire's return.

----
Off Topic.
Jojos Bizarre Adventure is exactly what the title implies in an amazing way.

Holy crap though, we complain about semi-revived new characters, but I do not know how this subforum would stand Abdul shenanigans.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:07   Link #618
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I wonder how much at fault Raftela is for what happened? Yagi also hasn't explained why Cassandra's face suddenly started to fall apart or what did the laboratory where Deneve and the rest went looked like or what was Dae's detour about or what had Rubel been doing in the time we haven't seen him.
Point-blank, we haven't been explanied alot of things yet .

But no, I don't think Raftela had anything to do with the bleeding - I don't think she has had anything to do with anything actually for quite awhile. Cassie's bleeding probably has to do with that the wounds from her death which never healed as Nixl said...

Which, in turn, actually promotes quite well what Dae said in that these really are just reanimated corpses - rather then coming out fresh and tender, they are just "stitched" together and given new life....still possessing the same damage as they did when they died, also undoubtedly pushes the awakening process as well.

--

BlackMagister....geez, we're still having this conversation? I thought it already ended yesturday...

Roflmao, okay, I get your point of view on the matter...may we now just wait until we see what happens? I've said this before but, barring who we feel is most ideal to lead (since that's just pure opinion, and we've all made ours plain by this point), we don't know for certain what's the case in the story with 100% clarity - the next time we see the Ghosts, we can see what they say, how they operate etc and move from there. Maybe it's spelled out who the leader is, maybe it's not and we just have to analyze how they operate.

Either way, it's impossible to say with perfect certainity at this point that "XXXX is the new leader of the Ghosts, and this is indesputible fact"; saying that is just glorifying your own opinion - Time will tell. If what you're talking about is still who we find most ideal, I've said a million times that I get how you feel Deneve is best; I'd still rather vouch for Tabitha, but I guess we'll find out soon enough....it's all gonna blow up in our faces anyway if Yuma ends up being leader

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-11-07 at 16:22.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:08   Link #619
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Actually I cannot remember, are the Ghosts still heading towards the laboratory? If so, well damn we might have some type of laboratory filler before Claire's return.
No they have already been there and probably destroyed it. I believe that they are still heading towards the Organization. We should get a chapter that explains that though. One that shows all of them fighting the awakened beings and such.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-07, 16:24   Link #620
BlackMagister

Quote:
BlackMagister....geez, we're still having this conversation? I thought it already ended yesturday...

Roflmao, okay, I get your point of view on the matter...may we now just wait until we see what happens? I've said this before but, barring who we feel is most ideal to lead (since that's just pure opinion, and we've all made ours plain by this point), we don't know for certain what's the case in the story with 100% clarity - the next time we see the Ghosts, we can see what they say, how they operate etc and move from there. Maybe it's spelled out who the leader is, maybe it's not and we just have to analyze how they operate.

Either way, it's impossible to say with perfect certainity at this point that "XXXX is the new leader of the Ghosts, and this is indesputible fact"; saying that is just glorifying your own opinion - Time will tell.
And like I said this isn't just a matter of opinion. At least I don't see it as such. You feel Tabitha is the better leader ok. I look at the story and see that there is stronger evidence to say Deneve is a better leader. If you want to say you feel Tabitha would be a better leader than Deneve in spite of what has been shown than I would have no problem with that. However one of the points you started with was
Quote:
1) As I said, while Deneve does show the general calmness as you say, she hasn't really shown the sort of tactician or leadership qualities that seperate her from the rest of the group. She's good at getting people to shut up, but that's as far as she goes;

She's more akin to Flora in that regard - Flora stopping the bickering at Pieta and redirecting attention back to Miria...Deneve could do the same for Tabitha when Tabitha's lack of force pops up.
Which is just flat out wrong in the very same way it would be wrong to say Miria didn't lead the group past ch 67. It wasn't 100% sure that Miria was still leading the group, but do we really need to it be 100% sure to determine things? The evidence is stacked against Tabitha being a good or current leader, but yes in future chapters Tabitha could turn out to be a better leader than Deneve.
Closed Thread