AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 15:26   Link #1
patgarci

Grunts!, Grunts!, Grunts!

Well here we go !!!!take ur pick, what do u think is the best grunt suits and the worst in all the gundam series XD
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 15:55   Link #2
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Zaku IIs are always pretty awesome grunt suits. I would normally say Leos would be the worst to be in, but I also think the Ball is just as bad.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 01:08   Link #3
4Tran

Let's break it down by universes:

UC:
Contio - The mobile suits in Victory greatly outperform the mobile suits in the rest of UC, and so the prize goes to the greatest of them.

Ball - A really bad design for space combat. No sane designer would put a projectile weapon in such a spot.
Zaku I - If the Ball doesn't count, then the worst is probably the oldest mobile suit. It's a shame because the design of the Zaku I seems like a better design than the Zaku II.

Wing:
Virgo - It's quite obviously the best of the mass-produced units; only the Tauruses are in the running.

Aries - I love the utilitarian approach of all the Wing line mobile suits, but there's got to be a loser, and the Aries loses despite it's flexibility.

Gundam X:
Crouda - There isn't really any worst mobile suit in Gundam X, but the Crouda is probably the best line unit. It's armor gives it a very tangible advantage against just about everything.

Cosmic Era:
DOM Trooper
Murasame - It's used throughout Destiny, and it gives a very good account for itself. It's the best if the DOM Troopers don't count.

First generation Strike Dagger - It's massive vulnerability to EMP makes it the worst by a long shot.
Old 2007-05-23, 23:36   Link #4
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Ground Type Gundam. 180mm cannon love.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 07:35   Link #5
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Can't believe nobody mentioned the Windam, that suit has got to suck so bad even at it's prime.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 20:22   Link #6
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

I love the Tragos, Guncannon, Xamel, ZuOOT, BuCUE and LaGOWE. As well as the Leo armed with the Dober gun.
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 23:33   Link #7
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I have to first state that Wing grunts were by far some of the most beautifully designed, but in all, they were pretty worthless.

In CE, I really have to go with the ZAKU. Really, who can argue with that? The Zaku are about the most versatile MS ever made, from anti-capital ship variants to artillery types. I mean, PLANT knew they had a winner when they rolled them out.

- Tak (Then again, Dully checked the UC scripts, what a cheater!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 06:18   Link #8
benji000
You are not Gundam

GMs, WHY?!

Because they are awesome.
benji000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 09:54   Link #9
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji000 View Post
GMs, WHY?!

Because they are awesome.
Out of all the basic units I've seen, they seemed the most sensical to me in terms of use.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 10:45   Link #10
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Nobody wants to challenge my statement about the Windam?
Old 2007-05-25, 13:19   Link #11
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Nobody wants to challenge my statement about the Windam?
However bad you may think of Windam, it can't be worse than Strike Dagger due to reason 4Tran stated. (Although I don't know if Windam also has that vulnerability, but it's never shown to my knowledge.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 16:10   Link #12
Zertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I have to first state that Wing grunts were by far some of the most beautifully designed, but in all, they were pretty worthless.
Agreed. Big fan of the Aries, Taurus, Cancer, and Space Leo. Even though they got owned.
Zertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 20:49   Link #13
Nvis
Where are the good animes

GouF or DOM Trooper in CE.

Remember the scene of a Gouf pilot that got "disarmed" yet was able to detach its shield(from the lost arm), kick it up and pick up the beam sword with it's other arm? That was ridiculously cool.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 21:35   Link #14
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

UC:
Best: who knows?
Worst: Ball. Because you know you suck when you got shot down by a ball.

AC:
Best: SERPENTS. They can mimic the heavyarms and even landed some shots on Wing Zero, which is more than I can say for any other grunt that just got destroyed!
Worst: Leos. Sneeze on them and they go boom if they don't have a character shield.

CE:
Best: DOMs. No contest. If not DOMs then the wannabe-gundams from Orb.
Worst: Everything else!
Old 2007-05-26, 02:02   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Universal Century:

Best: V Gundam: It was mass produced from the beginning and had peak performance all around.

Worst: Type 61 Tank: Yeah, what are you going to do with that. They could barely damage a Zaku's armor. Sit their and die is what you will do.

Future Century:

Best: Gundam Head: When you consider how many of these there were and how powerful they were you have a clear winner

Worst: Nether Gundam: Even mass produced its still mostly useless.

After Colony:

Best: Serpent: Very deadly unit that has enough firepower to take out Wing Zero.

Worst: Leo: 20 year old unit that is vastly outclassed by everything around it.

After War:

Best: Crouda: Armor powerful enough to take a direct hit from a Buster Rifle.

Worst: No mobile suit is really useless in the world of Gundam X.

Correct Century:

Best: Wadom: The firepower and size of the WaDom is atrocious (in a Holy Cray way).

Worst: Hip Heavy: The fact that the propeller is on backwards should give a hint as to how useful these were.

Cosmic Era:

Best: Destroy Gundam: I mean really it blows up everything except when it doesn't.

Worst: Mistral: The thing Kisato uses in Astray to ram into lows enemy. It doesn't do anything except make him have to save her loliesque ass.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 02:19   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

after so many years the silly zaku II design has grown on me. its gotten so detailed that its begining to look like it could possibly be produced some day. i dont like the GM model with the green visor. something type III? those are just cannon fodder.

for gundam tech specs i prefer the gundam mkII or the reGZ over the mass production nuGundam without the finfunnels.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-26, 06:06   Link #17
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

So Destroy Gundam counts as a grunt suit, does it? That sucks.
Old 2007-05-26, 15:31   Link #18
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, NOW it does considering how HORRIBLY it performed after Stellar's awesome performance with it...

For my favorite grunt, that would be hard to say as there are MANY grunt MS that I like throughout Gundam...(including variants or upgrades)...but if I HAD to choose just one, then I would probably narrow it down to the...

MS-14JG Gelgoog Jager
F91 Gundam F91 (got turned into one in Crossbone Gundam)
XM-07C Vigna Zirah (would've been MPed if the CV hadn't fallen)
ZMT-S34S Rig Contio (same with Zanscare)
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 02:00   Link #19
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Virgo. Sex in a fully automated mechanical shell. With beam bayonets
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 07:31   Link #20
gundam wizard nite
gundam wiz

Send a message via AIM to gundam wizard nite Send a message via Yahoo to gundam wizard nite
the ball sucks bc it has no real good weapons and its not very good even against the zaku 2 so ball sucks i think the fed. grunts are the best
gundam wizard nite is offline   Reply With Quote