AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-16, 02:42   Link #261
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I thought
Spoiler:
Meh, give him a break...he was only human XD Besides, he was the bait since the other guys found out about their self-destruct mode so-to-speak

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 05:59   Link #262
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I think that should be a lot closer than the one previously mentioned.
Naah, We're talking about deaths that are about to happen in the upcoming arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I thought
Spoiler:
Well i hate seeing that because he's one of my favorite characters.
Old 2009-04-16, 13:10   Link #263
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Naah, We're talking about deaths that are about to happen in the upcoming arc.
Hmmmm, then I have a death for the upcoming arc...

Spoiler for Saiyan Saga:

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-16, 18:00   Link #264
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There's no need to hide spoilers in this thread. Everyone has seen Dragon Ball Z so many times by now, and so there are really no surprises for us viewers.

In terms of pacing, every episode of DB Kai from now on is going to have to encompass 3 chapters if they really want to condense the series down to 100 episodes. Even then, with a 3 chapter per episode pace, the series will go a little over 100 episodes (approximately 108 episodes).
Old 2009-04-16, 18:08   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There's no need to hide spoilers in this thread. Everyone has seen Dragon Ball Z so many times by now, and so there are really no surprises for us viewers.
Hmm, i still think we should use spoiler tags, just to be on the safe side. There's gonna at least be a few people who are experiencing the story for the first time with this show.
Old 2009-04-16, 18:09   Link #266
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Hmm, i still think we should use spoilers, just to be on the safe side. There's gonna at least be a few people who are experiencing the story for the first time with this show.
If that's the case, then we are really going to be limited to what we can discuss on a weekly basis, don't you agree?
Old 2009-04-16, 18:14   Link #267
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If that's the case, then we are really going to be limited to what we can discuss on a weekly basis, don't you agree?
Well yeah, though that's why we have spoiler tags. :3

Guess it's best to ask a mod what is best.
Old 2009-04-16, 18:19   Link #268
Blackbeard D. Kuma

To be honest, very few people here discuss the content (story) of the series. A lot of the posts are just regarding how people felt about the episode and that's it. There's very little productive discussion taking place here.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:32   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
To be honest, very few people here discuss the content (story) of the series. A lot of the posts are just regarding how people felt about the episode and that's it. There's very little productive discussion taking place here.
True. The main topic of conversation here will be on changes made, our favorite scenes and our thoughts on upcoming battles and what not, though still i think we should keep some of the more heavy spoiler material (like death scenes) in spoiler tags. It's not harming anyone.
Old 2009-04-16, 21:04   Link #270
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

For Dragon Ball, it's kinda hard to say.

Because it's old and very familiar amongst the fans, it's almost like Star Wars.
It's comparabale to whether or not to consider "Luke, I am your father" "Noooo!!" to be a spoiler worth tagging or not.
Old 2009-04-16, 23:53   Link #271
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hmm, i still think we should use spoiler tags, just to be on the safe side. There's gonna at least be a few people who are experiencing the story for the first time with this show.
That sorta got me wondering what newcomers think of Kai so far. I mean, we all see to be having fun with it, but I'm curious if it's because this truly is an enjoyable show or if we're all just running on nostalgia fumes right now. Ah, to be able to watch the show with fresh eyes again. What an experience that'd be.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 00:14   Link #272
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
That sorta got me wondering what newcomers think of Kai so far. I mean, we all see to be having fun with it, but I'm curious if it's because this truly is an enjoyable show or if we're all just running on nostalgia fumes right now. Ah, to be able to watch the show with fresh eyes again. What an experience that'd be.
Well I would imagine that there are some that would be turned off by the drawing style of it since most people now are accustomed to more modern drawing styles. Kai seems to be more faithful to the original which is a good thing for us that have seen the original but I don't know what the "newcomers" would think to be honest, at least not completely.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-17, 01:01   Link #273
ahmad

Spoiler for EP2:
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 02:26   Link #274
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
Spoiler for EP2:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Well I would imagine that there are some that would be turned off by the drawing style of it since most people now are accustomed to more modern drawing styles.
I don't think it'd look that foreign to them. After all, Toriyama's art has been prevalent in anime for quite a while now. Even if somebody has never seen DB/Z/GT before, I'm sure they'd at least seen images of the characters at least. Also, any self-respecting gamer would recognize the style right away, what with all the Chrono Triggers and Dragon Quests around.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 05:51   Link #275
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
Spoiler for EP2:
The manga made it clear that human/Saiyan hybrids had better battle ability than purebreds, IIRC.

Was it also the case in the anime?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 10:43   Link #276
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I have a few friends that never watched DB and I urged them to check it out, but just as I though, they were horrified by the old animation, although I don't know why it is so horrible about it. In any case, I too would like to hear some comments from people that never watched Dragon Ball and are picking it now, but I know many will be negative because people are more costumed to Bleach or Naruto.

Can't wait EP3, even though I know what is gonna happen, I just feel like watching it all over again =)
Old 2009-04-17, 14:56   Link #277
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I have a few friends that never watched DB and I urged them to check it out, but just as I though, they were horrified by the old animation, although I don't know why it is so horrible about it. In any case, I too would like to hear some comments from people that never watched Dragon Ball and are picking it now, but I know many will be negative because people are more costumed to Bleach or Naruto.

Can't wait EP3, even though I know what is gonna happen, I just feel like watching it all over again =)
Yeah that's exactly what I would have expected as well. Although I don't mind the drawing, it's only because I've seen the series and it's one of the first animes I watched when I was younger.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-17, 15:03   Link #278
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what I would have expected as well. Although I don't mind the drawing, it's only because I've seen the series and it's one of the first animes I watched when I was younger.
That's the problem with a lot of anime fans nowadays. They tend to be too concerned with the quality of animation only. It's as if that's the only thing that entices them to watch anime in the first place, regardless of the content/story of the series. It's nice to see that we have people here who can appreciate and respect a classic series in spite of its inferior art (at some points).
Old 2009-04-17, 15:08   Link #279
DeX-kun

Quote:
That's the problem with a lot of anime fans nowadays. They tend to be too concerned with the quality of animation only. It's as if that's the only thing that entices them to watch anime in the first place, regardless of the content/story of the series. It's nice to see that we have people here who can appreciate and respect a classic series in spite of its inferior art (at some points).
I would never deny my past no matter the situation I respect this series because it was not only an introduction to anime as a whole for me but it set a standard for me as well. Although I do have to admit that my taste in anime has changed of course considering my personal changes. I'm more into drama/tragedy/romance now than I was back then. In the DBZ days I was a lot more into the action shows but that's long past.

Still DBZ had some of the most amazing plot twists and death scenes that impacted me pretty well back in the days and I miss that. I'm reliving my childhood here I get a nostalgic feeling watching Kai now and I'm glad that they decided to skip the unnecessary fillers and get right into the main plot. Good times, good times.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-17, 15:17   Link #280
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I would never deny my past no matter the situation I respect this series because it was not only an introduction to anime as a whole for me but it set a standard for me as well. Although I do have to admit that my taste in anime has changed of course considering my personal changes. I'm more into drama/tragedy/romance now than I was back then. In the DBZ days I was a lot more into the action shows but that's long past.

Still DBZ had some of the most amazing plot twists and death scenes that impacted me pretty well back in the days and I miss that. I'm reliving my childhood here I get a nostalgic feeling watching Kai now and I'm glad that they decided to skip the unnecessary fillers and get right into the main plot. Good times, good times.
Same here. DBZ really set the bar for me because it was the first anime that I really got into and watched in its entirety. It had everything for us to enjoy in our youthful days; a great likable cast of characters (there was someone to be liked by everyone out there), crazy fighting scenes, and of course a great plot. I remember how I always craved to see more whenever the narrator said "Stay tuned for scenes from the next episode of Dragon Ball Z". After all these years, this series just hasn't lost its magic, for I can just never get enough of it. Akira Toriyama has delivered to us a masterpiece.