AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-27, 14:27   Link #10821
millie10468

It's amazing the number of people who are prepared to hate the anime without even giving it a shot. And it doesn't help that there are some serious fanboys who want to shove Tats OPness down people's noses. Honestly, I wish all Mahouka fans would take a vow of silence for the entire duration of the anime. There's no point in trying to explain the story to people who have already made up their minds. If I have to see one more spoiler in the manga or anime discussions in an attempt to show just how "unique" the LN is, I think I'll scream...

But it might hit an iceberg...
Old 2014-02-27, 14:38   Link #10822
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Now i get it; iam wording it wrong Erika doesnt see; rather shes the type to feel. Erika has felt/seen Tatsuya extensive ability, from flash,elemental, regrowth and mistdispersion. Unlike others like George or Mayumi they dont fully grasp wat Tatsuya can do; or rather they misunderstand Tatsuya's abilities. Mayumi did say that he still has the advantage, if they were able to duche it out. The only people who eill feel terror is the people who have complete grasp of his ability like his father,Maya, Hayama. Meaning Erika finally grasp Tatsuya reality.
Erika is still at the speculation stage of Tatsuya’s abilities, like everyone else. She still hasn’t worked out what he can do. She has a greater chance of finding out his capabilities then everyone else, sure, but she hasn’t worked it out yet.

Quote:
Tatsuya wouldnt be angry if he considered himself an "extra" muchless to someone like Erika; Erika has been poking,dragging Tatsuya for a year and now he suddenly got angry when she learned hes a Yotsuba? Did you forget that Tatsuya cant feel that....its like when someone is poking on something that you dont want someone to know.if you are still human you would get angry at it...but Tatsuya cant feel anger. And if your telling me that hes treathening her; thats quite a big difference on how he treathen Maki; Tatsuya would just smile like a mad man.
You have made a misinterpretation of what I said, and what was in the book. Erika thought Tatsuya got angry at her because he found it out. In reality he can’t feel that emotion. I am saying that Tatsuya was playing her along to stop her at that point, so she doesn’t speculate any further and so he can use her to help covering the secret. He played her so he can use her, as simple as that.

Quote:
Lina was given a choice and still choose to stay in the army because that wat defined Angie Sirius. At that moment she had a will; shes not a tool anymore.

And the moment Tatsuya came to school stop being a tool for the Yotsuba he develop his own will; it the same reason why he refuse to give up being a guardian.
Willing or not, she is still treated as a tool by the UNSA, she says it herself she doesn’t know if she can even go back, with her movements restricted.And she does want to visit, that much is clear.

You know Tatsuya’s abilities are kept under the wrap even within the Yotsuba clan, there are few who know that he is being utilised as a weapon. Thanks to this and the fact that he is Miyuki’s guardian he can refuse the heads orders on the premise of the fact that it conflicts with his guardian duties. That’s the whole reason why Maya sent Minami as a guardian, to restrict his freedom some more. And again, willing or not, he is still treated as a tool as by the Yotsuba, for a very obvious example he’s restricted from bringing to much attention to himself, he had to refuse that honour of creating a new magic, and pass the credit to someone else, during the 9SC simply because he is not allowed to draw attention.

Quote:
I dont know why you think Mayumi knows much when she guess hes an extra but; that also means that she thinks Miyuki is an extra. Which is so wrong#! Miyuki would freeze you to death when you she hears you downgrade her as a trash.
I never mentioned anything about Miyuki, I only mentioned Tatsuya, and he IS an extra. Read the short story about the election, it says in there the conclusion Mayumi comes to in there, it never mentions anything about Miyuki.

Quote:
Just to tell you that its always Mayumi who is approaching Tatsuya and abusing her status as a s president and a senpai. In my ship both of them approach each other because they like each others company.

It maybe the best for the Yotsuba; to that i agree. I also agree that Yotsuba wont benefit from marrying to the chiba or rozen. But iam pretty sure Tatsuya would benefit from staying close to his friends.
And yeah the best thing for Erika ryt now is to became Miyuki or Tatsuya's guardian bcuz she is now part of Tatsuya's scheme and his personaly conspirator.(she can be his righthandman)
Why on earth would he need to get in a relationship with her to get that? she is already an accomplish to help cover up the sercret anyway.Your ship has a friendzoned Erika, Tats will not marry or get involved in a relationship like that. He is incapable of falling in love, so what does that leave? Only reason he would marry is if it’s a political alliance or he gains something he wants, and Erika brings nothing to the table. You don’t need to marry to remain friends, and he won’t date or marry someone simply because they like him if it’s one-sided, look at how he interacts with Honoka. He is constantly feeling guilty because he can’t return her feelings, why would he marry someone or date someone who likes him, purely for that reason, knowing he is incapable of returning the feeling? Only chance he gets involved with someone is a political or arranged marriage, purely so he gains something he needs.

This is why Mayumi is good for him, they get along well, have learnt how to handle each other two some extent, and its actually plausable that they could get together, as in Mayumi's case any marraige she ever gets into will be a political one, and Tatsuya is incapable of love so his only reason foor marrage is political. It's a nice way to bring a measure of peace between the clans, a political marrage solely for that purpose, and Tatsuya could very well agree because it helps bring an ally to Miyuki, since she is or will be the next head of the yotsuba. And it reduces the risk to Miyuki, since the two clans are in a kind of cold war and Miyuki is a yotsuba, she could be targeted if it continues.

And both clans gain something in each case, besides the peace. Most Yotsuba members are unaware of what Tatsuya is capable of, so they wouldn't care that he goes to the Saugesa. Maya gains somone inside another 10mc who is completly loyal to the yotsuba head, Miyuki, and allows her to relax a little about the threat of Tatsuya rebelling against the yotsuba, because he will now be a Saguesa, not there problem. And even if he were to oppose the yotsuba, being in the Saguesa will resrict him even more, since it will be harder for him to contact Miyuki to confirm her safety etc, and rember shes his number one priority. And dont say something stupid about the Saeguesa helping him. They wont support genocide of another 10mc.

In Koichi's case, he gains a Strategic class magician, something which can boost the fame of the Seaguesa clan (one of the 10 clans is there soley because they have a strategic class magician). This person has ties to the 101st battalion, which he willl try to exploit, not to mention his knowledge and fame "as "Taurus Silver". But most of all, it will do his ego wonders, he has been trying to prove himself to Maya, and what better way to show this then taking a strategic class magician for his clan, from the yotsuba, that Maya couldnt really control? It also weakens the yotsuba clan, them losing the Strategic class magician, which answers his other reason why he was antongonistic against the Yotsuba. He was worried they were getting to powerfull, the match of marrying Tatsuya into the Saguesa weakens them. Besides, his daughter does like Tatsuya so he could fullfill his parental roll with the match.

MayumiXTatsuya

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-27 at 16:22.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:45   Link #10823
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
It's amazing the number of people who are prepared to hate the anime without even giving it a shot. And it doesn't help that there are some serious fanboys who want to shove Tats OPness down people's noses. Honestly, I wish all Mahouka fans would take a vow of silence for the entire duration of the anime. There's no point in trying to explain the story to people who have already made up their minds. If I have to see one more spoiler in the manga or anime discussions in an attempt to show just how "unique" the LN is, I think I'll scream...
How do you hate an anime if it hasnt even been released yet? And as for the other comment, somone will end up doing it, its pretty much gaurenteed, all ln adaptions is always like that.
Old 2014-02-27, 14:52   Link #10824
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
How do you hate an anime if it hasnt even been released yet? And as for the other comment, somone will end up doing it, its pretty much gaurenteed, all ln adaptions is always like that.
A certain blogger wrote off the upcoming anime off because its summary said something about "little sister" and "feelings" and therefore it was OreiMo redux. Others are put off by people telling them just how OP Tats is, and of course, the more you try to show them just how it really is the more they get turned off, claiming Tats a Gary Stu. Why? Because even his flaws are perfect. smh

Old 2014-02-27, 14:57   Link #10825
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
A certain blogger wrote off the upcoming anime off because its summary said something about "little sister" and "feelings" and therefore it was OreiMo redux. Others are put off by people telling them just how OP Tats is, and of course, the more you try to show them just how it really is the more they get turned off, claiming Tats a Gary Stu. Why? Because even his flaws are perfect. smh
Don't let it get to you. In my experience, there's no point in trying to convince people that like to be ignorant. It's a waste of your time and will probably result in you being labeled as a "fanboy" no matter how respectful you try to be.
Old 2014-02-27, 15:03   Link #10826
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Ahh, kk. Have to agree with what Tony said to that case, just ignore it, let them ramble. Just drop one post in about the basic outline of Mahou, and leave them to speculate/ramble or whatever. If they dont want to give it a chance, they miss out, nothing you can do.
Old 2014-02-27, 15:05   Link #10827
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
Don't let it get to you. In my experience, there's no point in trying to convince people that like to be ignorant. It's a waste of your time and will probably result in you being labeled as a "fanboy" no matter how respectful you try to be.
Nah, I know better than to try and convince people about stuff. I was just a bit put off with the fanboy who commented on that article. He/She opened the floodgates and comments thereafter were riddled with contempt for the LN. It was a bit disconcerting

Old 2014-02-27, 15:53   Link #10828
Kadi
知識の探求者

Maybe some of the people who wrote that "flood of contempt for the ln" are as annoyed with blind fanboys as you are with blind haters...

P.S.: Mahouka is bad. Deal with it
Old 2014-02-27, 15:56   Link #10829
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Maybe some of the people who wrote that "flood of contempt for the ln" are as annoyed with blind fanboys as you are with blind haters...

Whoever doesn't like it should be smart and leave it and its fanboys alone, and watch worthier anime.

Haters are worthless trollish pests. Deal with it
Old 2014-02-27, 15:56   Link #10830
XFire
150% done

Quote:
That's what a lot of people did with SAO. They claimed it was a rip-off of .Hack, and that Kirito was a Stu, and that Asuna was generic, and a lot of other stuff. Before it came out. It got worse afterwards, as people would diss it without ever watching it (someone whose opinion I greatly respect on anime did the same until she watched it) and would write lengthy essays about how terrible it was.

Didn't stop it from being the biggest hit of the season.

If they do Mahouka right, it should have the same effect. They even have a way to deal with the info-dumps (the chibi segments), so at this point I can't really see it going badly.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:06   Link #10831
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Nah, I know better than to try and convince people about stuff. I was just a bit put off with the fanboy who commented on that article. He/She opened the floodgates and comments thereafter were riddled with contempt for the LN. It was a bit disconcerting
\/\/ Here's a great example from the poster below \/\/

Quote:

As my earlier comment stated, ignore people like these too. It would just lead to pointless arguments.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:13   Link #10832
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Erika is still at the speculation stage of Tatsuya’s abilities, like everyone else. She still hasn’t worked out what he can do. She has a greater chance of finding out his capabilities then everyone else, sure, but she hasn’t worked it out yet.
Yes Erika's instinct is sharp that it is able to see through the Parade even tho she doesnt know its mechanics. Instinct people is still sharper than bookworm people, She like Naruto/Luffy/Ichigo in that regards that she learns better in doing it than studying it, I say complete opposite type of genius than Miyuki.

Quote:
You have made a misinterpretation of what I said, and what was in the book. Erika thought Tatsuya got angry at her because he found it out. In reality he can’t feel that emotion. I am saying that Tatsuya was playing her along to stop her at that point, so she doesn’t speculate any further and so he can use her to help covering the secret. He played her so he can use her, as simple as that.

Tatsuya never wanted to drag Erika; he didnt mean it to go that way, so her being use is something uncalled; even how mighty Tatsuya is, right now he cant predict the future; so being angry? is his impulse of the said encounter.

Quote:
Willing or not, she is still treated as a tool by the UNSA, she says it herself she doesn’t know if she can even go back, with her movements restricted.And she does want to visit, that much is clear.
That maybe from outside perspective; but Iam taking about the people themselves. They maybe use as a tool but being the "tool" is their decision; you often see those kind of scene, were people are shunned as a monster but the moment one or 2 people accepted him, he might not consider himself as a monster anymore.

Quote:
You know Tatsuya’s abilities are kept under the wrap even within the Yotsuba clan, there are few who know that he is being utilised as a weapon. Thanks to this and the fact that he is Miyuki’s guardian he can refuse the heads orders on the premise of the fact that it conflicts with his guardian duties. That’s the whole reason why Maya sent Minami as a guardian, to restrict his freedom some more. And again, willing or not, he is still treated as a tool as by the Yotsuba, for a very obvious example he’s restricted from bringing to much attention to himself, he had to refuse that honour of creating a new magic, and pass the credit to someone else, during the 9SC simply because he is not allowed to draw attention.
Yes for the Yotsuba, Tatsuya is a monster but Miyuki doesnt care or hate it when people downgrade and shunned Tatsuya, she just thinks they are idiot who doesnt know who they are barking at. Miyuki will always follow Tatsuya, meaning shes his linchpin to staying human, than turning to a monster or tool. He would do everything for Miyuki for that sake. Maya may have order Tatsuya to not draw attention, but Tatsuya too doesnt like attentions/trouble. only foil to his plans are Miyuki and Erika who either orders Tatsuya to do something extravagant while the latter drags him to trouble.

Quote:
I never mentioned anything about Miyuki, I only mentioned Tatsuya, and he IS an extra. Read the short story about the election, it says in there the conclusion Mayumi comes to in there, it never mentions anything about Miyuki.
You might not mention it, but Tatsuya and Miyuki are siblings, of course from what Mayumi misunderstand, Miyuki is too an "extra". Thats what fails accusation leads too; dont be fool by unworded comments

Quote:
Why on earth would he need to get in a relationship with her to get that? she is already an accomplish to help cover up the sercret anyway.Your ship has a friendzoned Erika, Tats will not marry or get involved in a relationship like that. He is incapable of falling in love, so what does that leave? Only reason he would marry is if it’s a political alliance or he gains something he wants, and Erika brings nothing to the table. You don’t need to marry to remain friends, and he won’t date or marry someone simply because they like him if it’s one-sided, look at how he interacts with Honoka. He is constantly feeling guilty because he can’t return her feelings, why would he marry someone or date someone who likes him, purely for that reason, knowing he is incapable of returning the feeling? Only chance he gets involved with someone is a political or arranged marriage, purely so he gains something he needs.
Have you seen Code Geass, When Lulu remove Shirley's memories; "You only miss something when you already let it go" Which Remends me of the scene @ vol. 3 where Tatsuya let go of/doesnt comprehend Erika's confession(makes me wanna listen to Passenger). Sometimes I think that the Rozen might drag Erika to Germany; Tatsuya might not show it, but in his recent emotion development, Iam pretty sure, he can feel that kind of emotion now and That is one of the route for oblivious type of people like Tatsuya and Erika. I agree Tatsuya cant love someone as a lover, but he can still like someone as a lover/friend; I know that their is no benefit for Tatsuya to marry Erika but; Erika is a normal girl; The moment she discover her real feelings is her double edge; Erika is fragile girl after all; she whimsical,sulky and moody when people misunderstand and that is her down fall(Now I want to see her cry); knowing the limit of her feeling will only destroy his friendship with Tatsuya. I know that feeling cuz I too hold a special feeling for my bff(She a girl ok?).

Quote:
Who cares about them, mushi, mushi; ignore what people says; they are people who only follow people around; if one person rate something high; it doesnt mean that other person did view it the same as the first one. I call them "idiot" who doesnt use their own eyes to view something.

Quote:
Hahaha; ignore, ignore...
Be like me
The captain would never abandon his ship, he will sink with it#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-02-27 at 16:31.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:20   Link #10833
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

I'm about 70% convinced that Kadi's post & the ensuing reaction were the result of the fact that sarcasm doesn't translate well online.

..Then again (s)he could just be trolling. You never know.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:20   Link #10834
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Whoever doesn't like it should be smart and leave it and its fanboys alone, and watch worthier anime.

Haters are worthless trollish pests. Deal with it
I deal, I deal... but sometimes it's worth poking the fanboys to see if they're really as blind as they seem to be. I was positively surprised in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Didn't stop it [SAO]from being the biggest hit of the season.
Yeah, people must sure like beautiful backgrounds... Personally, I got tired of them and of laughing at all the "emotion", too. (Yes, I did watch a bit. I even like the first volume of the novels. I still think it was bad)

As far as the Mahouka anime goes... it remains to be seen. I might like it better than the novels, but I'm not holding my breath. In my opinion, the anime industry's track record is pretty miserable lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post
As my earlier comment stated, ignore people like these too. It would just lead to pointless arguments.
I don't want to be presumptuous, but... you didn't get my post, did you?
Old 2014-02-27, 16:22   Link #10835
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:

Like I said earlier, sarcasm just doesn't translate well into forum posts or messages online.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:27   Link #10836
Seitsuki
Onee!

Did some mention Miyuki chwan best girl!?? Because she's totally best girl! You may now all go back to arguing amongst yourselves.
Old 2014-02-27, 16:28   Link #10837
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

Honestly I was 50/50 on it, but I'm certain most people would not have gotten it. So I decided to express warning to a possible sh*tstorm...
Old 2014-02-27, 16:31   Link #10838
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Did some mention Miyuki chwan best girl!?? Because she's totally best girl! You may now all go back to arguing amongst yourselves.
Loli vampire empresses are nothing before the greatest, of all imoutos..Miyuki-sama!!!
Old 2014-02-27, 16:33   Link #10839
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Loli vampire empresses are nothing before the greatest, of all imoutos..Miyuki-sama!!!
Well nothing can beat Loli Miyuki?#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-02-27, 16:39   Link #10840
Kadi
知識の探求者

I'm partial towards "Yoru"...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings