AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 10:20   Link #5521
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They are all part of an invincible thousand-year-old quincy god...but their powers are still pretty terrible, introducing ZOMBIES in freaking bleach!?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 11:10   Link #5522
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Let's not hope I won't be a prophet and be wrong when I say that Kenny's savior/the person responsible for the explosion, will only be revealed at the end of next week's chapter

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 11:17   Link #5523
swerv
Stay Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
He still got his eyepatch on
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv View Post
The patch stayed on man... you just know he's going to get dealt with swiftly and harshly if he comes up against another one now without showing more than maybe one move
Fingers crossed for Yachiru's arrival and Nel like transformation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
They are all part of an invincible thousand-year-old quincy god...but their powers are still pretty terrible, introducing ZOMBIES in freaking bleach!?
Lots of mind/body controlling powers already, I guess one more doesn't hurt, although it seems a bit weak, first hollow Inoue beat was like that wasn't it and that didn't have to be cut first, just shot out little projectiles everywhere (Numb Chandelier).
Old 2014-05-15, 16:23   Link #5524
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
They weren't zombies they still had full cognitive awareness. Zomari's power turned people into zombies more than the girl.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 19:46   Link #5525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Y'know i dont think Kubo ever really bothered to explain how these new guys work. Remember back when quincies were known for their ability to absorb spirit particles in the air in order to turn them into bows and arrows to fight... Now they seem to have any power Kubo can think up because of reasons.
The Sternritters are part of a new movement, and I assume that they are now looking for new ways to fight than just relying on bows and arrows made out of reishi. That also means that Kirge and Uryuu are classical Quincies and the rest are "modern" ones.

Quote:
ah yes. how could i forget about all facts behind giant gorillas, zombies, stretchy flesh-eaters, super brains and whatever else these shitritters can do...
Wow, all that hate. You should have dropped this a long time ago if you have been frustrated by the plot.

Quote:
Kenpachi got owned by plot, that was dissapointed.
It's a bit masochistic to judge events in the manga as "things happening because Kubo wants it to happen".
In case you didn't have three minutes to read this chapter, we have a battle-worn Kenpachi deliberately ambushed by four other Sternritters.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 19:51   Link #5526
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wow, all that hate. You should have dropped this a long time ago if you have been frustrated by the plot.
if you see hate in my words then you are way too sensitive. i don't read bleach for the plot. anyone who does should probably stay away from writing anything more than a text message
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 20:28   Link #5527
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's wrong with actually respecting the story rather than treating it like a laughingstock like some of the readers here do? I also had that stage where I just wanted Bleach to end and all the chapters I've been blazing through are ridiculous pieces of shit, but I eventually realized that hating on something that you only spend a few minutes of your time a week with isn't really worth it.

There are a lot of worthwhile manga reads on the Internet. If you'd only focus on reading Bleach with eyes of contempt, better avert your eyes to those worthwhile reads instead of pissing yourself off because Bleach isn't developing the way you want it to be.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-05-15, 21:12   Link #5528
itachi-san314

Quote:
What's wrong with actually respecting the story rather than treating it like a laughingstock like some of the readers here do? I also had that stage where I just wanted Bleach to end and all the chapters I've been blazing through are ridiculous pieces of shit, but I eventually realized that hating on something that you only spend a few minutes of your time a week with isn't really worth it.

There are a lot of worthwhile manga reads on the Internet. If you'd only focus on reading Bleach with eyes of contempt, better avert your eyes to those worthwhile reads instead of pissing yourself off because Bleach isn't developing the way you want it to be.
you seem to live in your own little world. nobody's pissed except maybe for you. just because i like a particular manga doesn't mean i have to love every word of it no matter how little sense it makes or how much it contradicts its own past story
Old 2014-05-15, 21:25   Link #5529
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Or, I'm the only one vocal enough to question the amounts of complaining in this story arc, especially if said complaints are poorly done (like the thing with Quincy powers, which had been long mentioned as Quincies shifting to a new style of combat).

Anyway, revisiting past plot details isn't my strong point, so I might as well end this argument.

Old 2014-05-15, 21:41   Link #5530
itachi-san314

Quote:
Or, I'm the only one vocal enough to question the amounts of complaining in this story arc, especially if said complaints are poorly done (like the thing with Quincy powers, which had been long mentioned as Quincies shifting to a new style of combat).
oh riiight. because "shifting combat styles" is an adequate explanation for extreme mutation

Ichigo: "is there something different about your combat style Chad?"

Chad: "yea bro. I shifted styles. now I'm just a brain that can imagine things and make them reality"
Old 2014-05-15, 21:48   Link #5531
Langus
Optimus Prime

Ladies, ladies...please. There are more important issues to be discussing - like the suggestion I saw up top there of Yachiru showing up sporting a Nel-like transformation. I didn't think anyone could top my ultimate love, but with that pink hair and badass sword it might totally be possible. (I always did have a hard time getting over the fact that Nel was half-horse...)
Old 2014-05-15, 23:10   Link #5532
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Let's not hope I won't be a prophet and be wrong when I say that Kenny's savior/the person responsible for the explosion, will only be revealed at the end of next week's chapter
Yes, I can see it now... Seventeen pages of reaction shots as everyone, all across Seireitei (or Quincyburg, or whatever it's called now) looks to the heavens... Sounds about right... ^_^
Old 2014-05-16, 04:07   Link #5533
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Ladies, ladies...please. There are more important issues to be discussing - like the suggestion I saw up top there of Yachiru showing up sporting a Nel-like transformation.
that was my suggestion miss langus...
Old 2014-05-16, 18:09   Link #5534
Slayerx

Quote:
The Sternritters are part of a new movement, and I assume that they are now looking for new ways to fight than just relying on bows and arrows made out of reishi. That also means that Kirge and Uryuu are classical Quincies and the rest are "modern" ones.
That doesn't really explain their new abilities. Originally Kubo took the time to explain in detail how quincy powers and tools worked; the simply explanation being that they can adsorb spirit particles around them and transform them into bows and arrows to fight with. But how to we jump from "converting energy into weapons" to "complete body transformations with random powers"? He doesn't really explain it other than saying "oh they came up with a new technique that just does it"... really he just needed an excuse for them to fight more like hollows so that he could have more to work with

And another thing that was never really clear... are their bodies spirits like that of the Soul reapers, or physical like that of the humans? its really unclear... made more so because Kubo doesn't really seem to distinguish between the two (spirits apparently have the exact same blood and vital organs as physical bodies)

Really, its rather a symptom of what's wrong with this arc, in that's its rushed and poorly planned. Ya the arrancars ran on much longer than they should have, but doing the opposite isn't really better. While the arrancar saga ran WAY too long, it atleast featured villains that were interesting. Pretty much every reader can remember each one of the Espada; the 8th espada was the only one nobody liked. The Quincies however... they all feel so forgettable; more thought when into their power and abilities rather than their characters.

This isn't helpped by Kubo deciding to use the Alphabet for their organization meaning we'll have atleast 26 enemies making it hard for any one of them to live long enough for us to get to know them. Heck everyone calls the 4 girls in this chapter "fodder" but technically their is nothing actually distinguishing them from Gremmy. The espada made it simple to know who was the fodder and who to take seriously; can't really tell with these guys... you don't really know for sure until they fight; if they die relatively quickly, then they were fodder; if they did some serious damage, then they were serious. Though really, Kubo has a habit of creating WAY too many characters, and that only gives him less time to develop them. Its big reason why the arrancar saga lasted so long because it took so long to showcase everyone; but again, even though the arc was LONG atleast the characters were enjoyable. heck the espada were more interesting the the main villain. Here... There just isn't any real care
Old 2014-05-16, 18:17   Link #5535
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That doesn't really explain their new abilities. Originally Kubo took the time to explain in detail how quincy powers and tools worked; the simply explanation being that they can adsorb spirit particles around them and transform them into bows and arrows to fight with. But how to we jump from "converting energy into weapons" to "complete body transformations with random powers"? He doesn't really explain it other than saying "oh they came up with a new technique that just does it"... really he just needed an excuse for them to fight more like hollows so that he could have more to work with
Perhaps you should reread the manga, Kubo gave an explanation as to how the Sternritter have these weird powers.

Quote:
And another thing that was never really clear... are their bodies spirits like that of the Soul reapers, or physical like that of the humans? its really unclear... made more so because Kubo doesn't really seem to distinguish between the two (spirits apparently have the exact same blood and vital organs as physical bodies)
Their base of operations is in Soul Society, so obviously they are spirits. Does Kubo need to spoonfeed people everything? Just think for a little.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 19:12   Link #5536
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Perhaps you should reread the manga, Kubo gave an explanation as to how the Sternritter have these weird powers.
i like how people keep saying kubo explained it, yet somehow nobody can re-type it in this forum
Old 2014-05-16, 20:47   Link #5537
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The Sternritter were created when the members drink from Yhwach's blood. This enables Yhwach to carve a part of his soul into the Sternritter. This carving takes on the form of a letter, which is used as the designation of the Sternritter. The carving also grants the Sternritter their unique powers. Upon the Sternritter's death, the part of Yhwach's soul they received is returned to Yhwach, who gains strength because of it.

Chapter 565, pages 11-13.

Old 2014-05-16, 23:14   Link #5538
itachi-san314

perhaps we have different definitions for what the word 'explanation' means. being a part of ywach's soul doesn't explain anything when it comes to this random nonsense. is ywach's soul a zombie gorilla rubber finger exploding gun machine fear inducing brain?
Old 2014-05-16, 23:17   Link #5539
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Their base of operations is in Soul Society, so obviously they are spirits. Does Kubo need to spoonfeed people everything? Just think for a little.
Except that we have seen there are ways for Humans to cross over into soul society and remain there(heck being alive isn't stopping Ishida from joining their ranks). Since when are Quincy's a special form of spirits? Quincies were first introduced as Humans who had a special way of fighting, not spirits. Never was it established that the spirits of quincies had such ability. There also seems to be nothing that really separates Ishida from the other quincies further blurring the line. And then there is their leader; as the father or the quincy and the man who started the clan then he must have started out as a human. So did he die and become a spirit or did getting "Sealed" somehow allow him to live all this time like some form of hibernation? Hibernation of some level seems like it should be involved given that he should have aged a lot in the past 1,000 years like Yamaji... Cause if he is still "alive" then so might the other Quincy. Are these Quincies the quincies who died during the extermination, were they born in soul society, or were they humans that escaped the extermination (we saw at least one of them was once in a hospital before joining their ranks). Any of the three are possible

So ya, Kubo DOES kind of have to spoonfeed everything because he's been so ambiguous about the difference between Humans and Souls that it isn't clear on what's what unless we are outright told what it is. This could have been done by simply giving them some different internal physical traits

Quote:
The Sternritter were created when the members drink from Yhwach's blood. This enables Yhwach to carve a part of his soul into the Sternritter. This carving takes on the form of a letter, which is used as the designation of the Sternritter. The carving also grants the Sternritter their unique powers. Upon the Sternritter's death, the part of Yhwach's soul they received is returned to Yhwach, who gains strength because of it.

Chapter 565, pages 11-13.
And why would giving out his blood have that kind of effect? Why does drinking his blood give someone imagination powers? And why give that power to just one guy? Because of how broken it is, it would seem better to give EVERYONE that power. Increasing the strength of their powers and giving them a huge boost would make sense, but not so much just giving them random powers that do whatever... It would make a bit more sense if Yhwach did possess such powers himself and that's why he can give them away for someone else to use(though i don't know why he would have such a wide array of powers)...

A natural change for the quincies would be them figuring out how to manipulate Spirit particles in different ways; Like forming different types of weapons and spells... this is just making them more like Hollows.

recalling the whole "die and make the king more powerful thing", I'd also question why Quincies keep following him. I recall his number 2 saying that he would become helpless if he did not keep lending out his power only for those who take his power to die and thus he would always wage war. What exactly are the Quincies fighting for? Revenge against SS make sense, but it sounds like Yhwach will just keep starting wars to make sure quincies keep dying for him... and that doesn't really seem desirable to people who started out as people who just wanted to protect their family from hollows. Frankly, Yhwach doesn't really seem like a "king" worth following. Though that's just how his number 2 makes it sound like anyway.
Old 2014-05-16, 23:33   Link #5540
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Except that we have seen there are ways for Humans to cross over into soul society and remain there(heck being alive isn't stopping Ishida from joining their ranks). Since when are Quincy's a special form of spirits? Quincies were first introduced as Humans who had a special way of fighting, not spirits. Never was it established that the spirits of quincies had such ability. There also seems to be nothing that really separates Ishida from the other quincies further blurring the line. And then there is their leader; as the father or the quincy and the man who started the clan then he must have started out as a human. So did he die and become a spirit or did getting "Sealed" somehow allow him to live all this time like some form of hibernation? Hibernation of some level seems like it should be involved given that he should have aged a lot in the past 1,000 years like Yamaji... Cause if he is still "alive" then so might the other Quincy

So ya, Kubo DOES kind of have to spoonfeed everything because he's been so ambiguous about the difference between Humans and Souls that it isn't clear on what's what unless we are outright told what it is. This could have been done by simply giving them some different internal physical traits
In the beginning of the SS arc, Urahara showed his machine that can convert physical particles to reishi, allowing Ichigo's non-Shinigami friends to enter SS. Who's to say Quincies don't have such a machine, too? If they could invent technology to steal bankais... Of course, it could also be a retcon. Anyhow, if a plausible explanation is out there, no author has to spoonfeed their readers anything, it woudn't be long before such explanations became redundant.

Quote:
And why would giving out his blood have that kind of effect? Why does drinking his blood give someone imagination powers? And why give that power to just one guy? Because of how broken it is, it would seem better to give EVERYONE that power. Increasing the strength of their powers and giving them a huge boost would make sense, but not so much just giving them random powers that do whatever... It would make a bit more sense if Yhwach did possess such powers himself and that's why he can give them away for someone else to use(though i don't know why he would have such a wide array of powers)...

A natural change for the quincies would be them figuring out how to manipulate Spirit particles in different ways; Like forming different types of weapons and spells... this is just making them more like Hollows.
There's also the question to why Yhwach had all those powers in the first place. The only idea I have is that he had infected other people in the past who possessed those weird abilities, and when they all died, Yhwach absorbed them. And now his soul is a hoard of powers he can give to anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Cang Du's "the Iron" was originally an Arrancar's Hierro, or that "the Fear" was a Shinigami's zanpakuto ability etc.

Quote:
recalling the whole "die and make the king more powerful thing", I'd also question why Quincies keep following him. I recall his number 2 saying that he would become helpless if he did not keep lending out his power only for those who take his power to die and thus he would always wage war. What exactly are the Quincies fighting for? Revenge against SS make sense, but it sounds like Yhwach will just keep starting wars to make sure quincies keep dying for him... and that doesn't really seem desirable to people who started out as people who just wanted to protect their family from hollows. Frankly, Yhwach doesn't really seem like a "king" worth following. Though that's just how his number 2 makes it sound like anyway.
Completely agree. We are 100 chapters into the arc, and all we know about Quincies is that their king needs to feed on souls to survive. And Sternritters' only purpose is to die eventually. The only ones who are important are Uryu (although that's only because he's the protagonist's friend, we still don't know his motives) and Haschwalth, who knows about Yhwach more than others do.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter