AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-06, 00:20   Link #1761
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Punishment of the Moon will happen again.
Old 2014-06-06, 00:47   Link #1762
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Why is chibimoon taller? Did I miss something here?
Old 2014-06-06, 00:47   Link #1763
SolidN7

Here is a link with the differences between the manga and the anime.

http://www.eternalsailormoon.org/manga/manga2.html
Old 2014-06-06, 00:59   Link #1764
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
^from above site

Quote:
However, nothing in the manga would scare anyone over the age of 10.

O RLY?
Old 2014-06-06, 01:08   Link #1765
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post

I like it
Oh Usagi, how I *MISS* your goofy Sailor Moon poses!

That seriously placed a huge nostalgia grin on me when I saw that in the trailer. And speaking of trailers, I figured there would be some "heated debates" in the Sailor moon community as reactions are rather.....mixed. SOme like the animation and style while others hate it.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:10   Link #1766
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*saw the PV after hearing all the hype*

Not bad. No complains from me except for the weak song and Usagi’s (over-sized?) bangs.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:14   Link #1767
minaku
Princess of Hades

The more I watch it, the more I like it. Still I understand the fans, who are not pleased with the new Sailor Moon direction - i felt the same way at first. But, let's keep in mind - it's a new adaptation of the manga, and not a remake of the old series. The 90's anime will be forever in our hearts and nothing can overshadow it, but it's nice to see something new and different, instead of same old, same old. Still can't believe how gorgeous Ami and Minako are and Mars looks badass.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:37   Link #1768
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
The more I watch it, the more I like it. Still I understand the fans, who are not pleased with the new Sailor Moon direction - i felt the same way at first. But, let's keep in mind - it's a new adaptation of the manga, and not a remake of the old series. The 90's anime will be forever in our hearts and nothing can overshadow it, but it's nice to see something new and different, instead of same old, same old. Still can't believe how gorgeous Ami and Minako are and Mars looks badass.
I agree, even though it sounds generic, I'm glad they're using a new song and not (yet another) remixed version of Moonlight Densetsu. The new art style is very refreshing and I love all the bright colors, gloss, and sparkles. The animation is a bit clunky from what is shown here in terms of body movement but they seem to put priority on the hair. The scene in the bedroom the hair is kind of overdone IMO but in all other areas, it's fantastic. I can't imagine what it would look like in her transformation scene.

And unlike most of you, I really love the long legs! It doesn't seem terribly disproportionate from the rest of the body IMO as compared to what you see in Code Geass... But either way, since it's only going to air 2 episodes per month, I hope they have a lot more time to polish the animation and make it spectacular.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:37   Link #1769
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Venus's weapon is anal beads.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:44   Link #1770
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I agree, even though it sounds generic, I'm glad they're using a new song and not (yet another) remixed version of Moonlight Densetsu. The new art style is very refreshing and I love all the bright colors, gloss, and sparkles. The animation is a bit clunky from what is shown here in terms of body movement but they seem to put priority on the hair. The scene in the bedroom the hair is kind of overdone IMO but in all other areas, it's fantastic. I can't imagine what it would look like in her transformation scene.

And unlike most of you, I really love the long legs! It doesn't seem terribly disproportionate from the rest of the body IMO as compared to what you see in Code Geass... But either way, since it's only going to air 2 episodes per month, I hope they have a lot more time to polish the animation and make it spectacular.
I also love the long legs, and their poses, hairs, everything, it's just that
their ankles are slightly thinner than necessary, but it's nothing compared to the atmospheric backgrounds and background music. Many people complain about the voice of the new Luna, but she is supposed to be slightly younger than Usagi ( in her human form), so the voice is ok. The Op Theme, however, need some adjustment to it, but it's better than the Momoiro's version of Moonlight Densetsu...
Old 2014-06-06, 03:42   Link #1771
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Venus's weapon is anal beads.
Ok, i'm calling it! Someone is going to "Rule 34" this not too long in the future.

......Why am I suddenly getting angry glares?
Old 2014-06-06, 03:44   Link #1772
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm pretty sure they did that a long time ago.
Old 2014-06-06, 04:06   Link #1773
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
I also love the long legs, and their poses, hairs, everything, it's just that
their ankles are slightly thinner than necessary, but it's nothing compared to the atmospheric backgrounds and background music. Many people complain about the voice of the new Luna, but she is supposed to be slightly younger than Usagi ( in her human form), so the voice is ok. The Op Theme, however, need some adjustment to it, but it's better than the Momoiro's version of Moonlight Densetsu...
I actually like the opening theme in the beginning as well as the electric guitar even though it sounds a little generic. The vocals... I'm not a fan of Momoiro, need I say more? The background music choir is very fresh and seems to have lots of potential though!
Old 2014-06-06, 05:53   Link #1774
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Revo working on OP
I hope this doesnt mean another long wait for 8th Story

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2014-06-06, 06:19   Link #1775
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
But either way, since it's only going to air 2 episodes per month, I hope they have a lot more time to polish the animation and make it spectacular.
You think they started animating past the first 2 episodes already?
Old 2014-06-06, 08:28   Link #1776
Mazryonh

Who else are they going to replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumix View Post
Luna: Hirohashi Ryo
Tuxedo Kamen: Kenji Nojima
What? WHAT?!!

Couldn't they get Keiko Han to reprise her role as Luna? She's still around. And Tohru Furuya was invited back for the 20th anniversary of Sailor Moon, but not for one of his most famous roles? By all accounts, he could still do the voice for Chiba Mamoru as if the 90s never left, as the following video amply demonstrates (start watching at 10:28)!

Anyway, speaking of the Outers, I take it Mamiko Noto's extensive experience in playing soft-spoken-but-highly-dangerous female characters would make her a shoo-in for Sailor Saturn if they get that far. I'm sure a lot of her fans would love to hear her say "Ippen, shinde miru?" (Want to try dying once?) as Saturn drops the "Silence Glaive Surprise."

Who would have made a good replacement for Usagi Tsukino, if (for whatever reason) Kotono Mitsuishi couldn't reprise her role? Would they push in someone famous like Nana Mizuki? I'm sure that Mizuki-san was well-received for her starring role in Heartcatch Precure!, another Toei show.
Old 2014-06-06, 09:04   Link #1777
maximilianjenus
[E]

I remember usagi's voice being much more nasal/high pitched and annoying, I for one am glad it sounds different ( or maybe my memory is playing tricks?)
Old 2014-06-06, 09:49   Link #1778
T-6000

As for sailor moon's famous pose, something tells me that she won't be doing it quite often in this new series. And I think that's a good thing, because having her do "The Pose" (followed by some witty speech) in every episode of the old anime got old and fast. It just got annoying.

By the way, does anyone know what Usagi was saying during the trailer?

Last edited by T-6000; 2014-06-06 at 10:12.
Old 2014-06-06, 10:43   Link #1779
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
As for sailor moon's famous pose, something tells me that she won't be doing it quite often in this new series. And I think that's a good thing, because having her do "The Pose" (followed by some witty speech) in every episode of the old anime got old and fast. It just got annoying.

By the way, does anyone know what Usagi was saying during the trailer?
Usagi doesn't talk much, just "Moon Prism Make Up!" and "In the name of the Moon, I shall punish you!". Luna talks more: "I am Luna. I've been searching for you, Usagi". "You must find your friends and defeat the enemy!"
Old 2014-06-06, 10:57   Link #1780
T-6000

Quote:
Usagi doesn't talk much, just "Moon Prism Make Up!" and "In the name of the Moon, I shall punish you!". Luna talks more: "I am Luna. I've been searching for you, Usagi". "You must find your friends and defeat the enemy!"
Oh, that was Luna talking at the beginning? Dang, I got her confused for Usagi. But then again, I'm too use to hearing Luna with the voice of an older woman with a semi-british accent.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo