wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 10:39   Link #442
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Man these last two episodes... whew.

Talk about going from 0-180.

These epiosdes showed just how fragile aliance between every group wasn't 7th Division were. Ogata is definitely the most enginmatic character of the cast so far. That's even with Kiroranke working a unknown 4th party. Wilk getting shot though feels like quite a setback but at least we know he wasn't the one who killed Aniu. On the otherhabpnd Inkomat is more suspicious to me now. She bluntly pressed that dagger deeper into her wound.
There were several good reasons for her to want to keep the knife there, and if it got in deeper during the scuffle, it's not too surprising.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 14:23   Link #443
4th Dimension

Yeah. She thought that if she is to die, proof of who did it HAD to be on her.
OR she has made some other reading that ensured her survival here and was banking on that.

As for Ogata, I don't think he has any kind of deeper plan or desire here. Given that by his own words he never did have any big reason for killing his dad or his bro, I'm thinking what he is doing now is basically him being the wild dog he is and doing whatever he pleases. In this case I'm guessing he is working with K for a share of the gold.
Although I would not be surprised that he is specifically working with K to frustrate other's efforts just to see what happens. He is kinda detached like that.

And yeah, this has been the roller coaster. And as I said before I prefer this season to the previous one, although I also think both are better binged than watched week by week.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 18:38   Link #444
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
This episode had so many great moments. That scene with Asirpa and her dad, and the face she made while commenting that his mustache stunk, was some of the realist shit ever.

Sugimoto commenting on Ienaga having eaten some of his brain, and that being the reason why he's so hyped to go save Asirpa.

We got two great seasons this year. Here's hoping we don't have to wait to long for a third.
Old 2018-12-25, 19:08   Link #445
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Sugimoto commenting on Ienaga having eaten some of his brain, and that being the reason why he's so hyped to go save Asirpa.
That was really funny. I can't tell who is the biggest psycho in this show since there are so many of them, but Ienaga is definitely in the top 3.

By the way, is Nikaidou dead after all? He was neither mentioned nor seen in the ep, and Sugimoto is now working with Tsurumi so the latter doesn't need Nikaidou anymore.
Old 2018-12-25, 19:27   Link #446
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Also, was that Anji Toni still alive with Team Hijikata?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 22:25   Link #447
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^He dead, flail to the head
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-26, 18:44   Link #448
LG-MAX 2.o

Great anime with great characters, in the first season I gave 7/10, but as this season the quality of production improved (a little) I'll give 8/10.

Now it is expected a spin-off, and since the 7th division today is the only armored division of the JSDF, perhaps this time we see the descendants of the cast principal fighting against the diabolical Soviet Union in defense from Hokkaido during the Cold War..
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-27, 08:26   Link #449
Jaden

On the ship, Sugimoto holds his gun in the left hand. Maybe after taking some damage to the left hemisphere, he became a lefty.

Not very surprising for the Immortal to brush off a headshot, plenty of precedent for that. And it turns out the type of wound he received, with a high-velocity bullet going through the forehead and exiting through the back on the same side, is the least lethal. Most people still die from blood loss though.
Old 2019-01-02, 09:43   Link #450
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Looks like Anji did survive, according to his seiyuu anyway:

Quote:
“Damn you, Inudou! You did catch me off guard. Moreover, with an iron ball. Next time I’ll put out both your eyes with my gun! And even so… my eardrums hurt.”
Old 2019-01-05, 15:01   Link #451
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Well, I was naive in thinking that everything would've ended when they met the Noppo guy.

I wasn't even able to count how many real skins they all had in the end.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 07:50   Link #452
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The next season seems likely to be the search for Asirpa. Wonder if it will take a whole season for her and Sugimoto to be reunited.

BTW, Kiroranke's betrayal was foreshadowed in the Last Supper parody.

Was Ogata's motive clear to the rest of you? It wasn't to me. He's always been such a perplexing character.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 08:17   Link #453
eisai_haramasukoi

I'm probably the only one who thinks Ogata is still working for Tsurumi as a double (or triple) agent.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-06, 08:30   Link #454
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The next season seems likely to be the search for Asirpa. Wonder if it will take a whole season for her and Sugimoto to be reunited.

Was Ogata's motive clear to the rest of you? It wasn't to me. He's always been such a perplexing character.
I don't think it was supposed to be clear, but my impression is that Ogata's motive is generally to cause chaos and be amused by watching how people react to it.
Old 2019-01-06, 09:08   Link #455
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Well, for now, he's got some kind of deal with Kiroranke's anti-tsar movement? Maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
I'm probably the only one who thinks Ogata is still working for Tsurumi as a double (or triple) agent.
No doubt at some point it'll be true. Before the twist that he's working for Hijitaka as a quadruple agent, then Japan's central government as a quintuple agent. And maybe in time, for Russia.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 06:26   Link #456
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think it was supposed to be clear, but my impression is that Ogata's motive is generally to cause chaos and be amused by watching how people react to it.
Yup. It's the same as it was with him killing his dad and half bro. No real reason for anything other than he is looking for something that might amuse him.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 15:43   Link #457
Nivek von Beldo

Why care about the lipstick? Golden Kamuy ovas are up to the point of this series.

The whole chapter was a neo western samurai and was so nicely done.

And this prove something...Ogata is just for the ride, the side be damned, he is just for the fun and might stole some gold too.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 16:38   Link #458
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Yup. It's the same as it was with him killing his dad and half bro. No real reason for anything other than he is looking for something that might amuse him.
I don't know about amusement. When he killed his mother, brother, and father, he at least seemed to have the goal of getting a reaction from his father. Now it's just a mystery why he does anything he does.
Old 2019-01-07, 19:42   Link #459
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I don't know about amusement. When he killed his mother, brother, and father, he at least seemed to have the goal of getting a reaction from his father. Now it's just a mystery why he does anything he does.
Maybe he's trying to feel something? He seems completely emotionless.
Old 2019-04-24, 06:05   Link #460
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like the Golden Douga Gekijou is included in home video releases in Japan.

Is there anything that adds to the show/manga or they're just side stories?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, ainu, citatap, cooking, glorious bear cgi, historical, hokkaido tourism