Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-14, 10:22   Link #41
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aww... that bride's hair.... please stop it

anyway... the quintuplets and Fuutarou's voices are perfect
They showed their personalities pretty well in a short episode
the problem is probably the transition between scenes.. looks like jumping around randomly

and I still remember how much I like Itsuki at early of this series but I don't remember about Yotsuba actually... well Yotsuba just being a Yotsuba

The opening song is actually good.. I think it is not Itsuki-biased at all
and Raiha is cute
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-14, 18:06   Link #42
Applehell

Wow, this like a mid 2000 harem anime and 2019 no less. Its weird much more wholesome than what we get nowadays.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 14:37   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You're right, it does feel like one of those dating sim adaptations. What a blast from the past. I don't remember if we complained as much about them as we do about isekai nowadays.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-15, 20:35   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Probably not. Unlike Isekai stuff, these types don't usually try to be smart or "unique" when they aren't/can't.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 21:32   Link #45
Frontier

So the girls aren't necessarily all dumb, they just don't really study well. Although Itsuki sure seems to try .

It already seems like Yotsuba is interested in Futaro given she seems like the only sister (aside from Miku by the end) who likes him, and keeps trying to get his attention .

Miku has such adorable reaction faces. I love her pout .

I gotta give Miku credit. She's not just a fan of the Sengoku era, but she's a fan of it as is, not the prettied, bishounen, versions of the Sengoku era .

It's still kind of hard to believe that Futaro fell for Miku's Yotsuba impression. I mean, she didn't do a bad job of mimicking Yotsuba's voice, but for a smart guy it sure took him a while to notice the hair color and length were completely wrong .

Kind of surprised Nino didn't go after Futaro chasing after her sister. But I guess she was with her friends and didn't think he'd actually do anything to her, so she didn't bother .

The only thing that can make a girl in tights sexier? Watching her take them off .

Looks like Miku is already falling for Futaro because he believed in her ability to get a 100 and do just as well as her sisters, as well as going to all that effort to connect with her on Sengoku era history. Not that she's being honest about it at the moment .

I liked the ending. That art spread of the Quintuplets was gorgeous and the musing was pretty fitting .
Old 2019-01-17, 22:56   Link #46
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's still kind of hard to believe that Futaro fell for Miku's Yotsuba impression. I mean, she didn't do a bad job of mimicking Yotsuba's voice, but for a smart guy it sure took him a while to notice the hair color and length were completely wrong .
I was almost fooled. Had to do a double take lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 23:05   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I was almost fooled. Had to do a double take lol.
Yeah. I was also impressed that she stayed in character enough to not be bothered by him landing face-first into her breasts .
Old 2019-01-18, 02:40   Link #48
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's still kind of hard to believe that Futaro fell for Miku's Yotsuba impression. I mean, she didn't do a bad job of mimicking Yotsuba's voice, but for a smart guy it sure took him a while to notice the hair color and length were completely wrong ..
At the time, the mangaka hadn't decided that they all had different hair colours so it was less dumb.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 04:51   Link #49
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be fair, Love Hina was probably the biggest harem romcom in the 2000's, and a lot of harem romcoms shifted away from the Tenchi Muyo style of "everybody wins", to Love Hina's "who the heck is going to win out of the harem?" during that time period (lots of eroge adaptations had hooks similar in that regard - I still vividly remember the waifu wars in this very board when Shuffle aired for example). Even more than that, GoToubun borrows heavily Love Hina's more specific "Who is the promised girl?" aspect of the show, and GoToubun takes it to overdrive.

But yeah, Isekais seem to be going forward with the Tenchi Muyo direction (and I'm very concerned they're consistently packing 'slave girls' - this cour's Shield Hero included), so I'm grateful that at least some semblance of competition is still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
At the time, the mangaka hadn't decided that they all had different hair colours so it was less dumb.
Actually, the colour renditions of the quints had them with differing hair colours since the oneshot - and that was before there was a series in publication. Canonically they're supposed to have the same hair colour, but considering a lot of full-blooded Japanese in other series has hair colours of the rainbow and no one bats an eye for half a century now, I'm not perturbed in the slightest.

Me personally, HanaKana and Ayaneru have VERY distinctive 'tics' that I can recognize a mile away, so I knew it wasn't Ayaneru voicing that Miku. This is what I personally think is the 'dumb' part of the show, but then again I'm not sure your average watcher can notice the difference.

Thinking about it though, they actually need to have these high profile VAs sell the show, because damn, the animation looks atrocious. The stills look pretty enough, but when they start moving I cringe. Biggest example this episode was during the chase in the latter half - there was something odd and robotic with how Fuu and Miku ran that really bugged me to bits.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 05:03   Link #50
WingedAccelerator

In their universe, they don't have different hair colors, and that's why the disguising works.
However, to help the audience in differentiating them, and to not make the colored illustrations boring with only the same hair color being used, the author started to give them these distinctive colors from around Chapter 7. They are kinda present already in the first colored illustration, but there the light effects balance them out.

The disguising could have worked better in the anime with a momentarily hair color palette swap. But at least I can give it to them that the Yotsuba impression was good.
Also, keep in mind that Fuutarou is so not interested in them that even the hair length difference is not a clue for him.

Found it weird that they cut out Fuutarou mentioning the entrance exams before the confession... While he did say he doesn't like where Miku is going, the manga suggested that he would have turned her down anyways with that reason, while in the anime, he just waits and panics.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 06:20   Link #51
Ultragunner

so....Miku masterrace?
Old 2019-01-18, 07:52   Link #52
4th Dimension

I mean I can buy the color bit, but man you round a corner an there is the girl wearing the same outfit Miku did which Yotsuba doesn't and you still think it's Y due to head ornament?

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 08:23   Link #53
WingedAccelerator

^He is not paying attention to them at all. And yes, to this level. Even when they have the same hairstyle and he fucks up with recognizing them, and they tell them who was who, he still gets it wrong the second time, minutes later. You have to bear with Fuutarou, because even in the manga, it's only recently he resolved himself that he seriously starts paying attention to them. I wouldn't call him dense, but how he thinks love is a foolish act dictated his character to such extent.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 09:32   Link #54
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so....Miku masterrace?
Yes, yes it is.
Old 2019-01-18, 11:36   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
^He is not paying attention to them at all. And yes, to this level. Even when they have the same hairstyle and he fucks up with recognizing them, and they tell them who was who, he still gets it wrong the second time, minutes later. You have to bear with Fuutarou, because even in the manga, it's only recently he resolved himself that he seriously starts paying attention to them. I wouldn't call him dense, but how he thinks love is a foolish act dictated his character to such extent.
His stance on love kind of reminded me of Keita in Oreshura.
Old 2019-01-18, 11:57   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm just going to rationalize it that the main character is colour blind. Only way to really get through the show.
Old 2019-01-18, 12:01   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Miku was really lovely in this episode. I'll hold off on calling her best girl until we get a better look at her sisters though. Really high likability, nonetheless. I heard a lot about the impersonations, so when Fuutarou found that letter in his desk, I thought Yotsuba or Ichika were trying to screw with him, but the truth turned out to be a lot better.

Somebody really needs to buy glasses for Fuutarou. Seriously, that scene was really dumb. It's not just about hair color, but hair length/hairstyle, clothes, and voices as well. It was played for laughs though so I can let it slide, I expect the actual impersonations to fool us viewers as well.
Old 2019-01-18, 13:27   Link #58
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm just going to rationalize it that the main character is colour blind. Only way to really get through the show.
Pretty sure the idea is as others have said that "IRL" all of them are black haired, they just have har colors suitable to their characters for anime reasons.

But yeah, even if that is so she is still wearing her own clothes and hair length etc.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 13:52   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It feels kinda weird, having a group of five anime girls like that, and none of them is the "smart one". Even the Baka Rangers in Negima had a "smart one", and, for that matter, a "dumb one".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 14:23   Link #60
Applehell

Eh I thought ep 1 was overall better. Miku is fine, but I didn't fine much of gags surrounding her to be all that funny or interesting.

However, I gotta to say that pantyhose scene is a great way to bait into watching this show.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote