AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 00:30   Link #6581
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I think what he meant is Godou use Circe's Authority to turn the tide of the fight and win.
I knew that! Can't I jest?

Ama no Murakumo's black hole is too overpowered, but it has too many flaws as of right now.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 07:33   Link #6582
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
I knew that! Can't I jest?

Ama no Murakumo's black hole is too overpowered, but it has too many flaws as of right now.
thats true the black hole is really OP but it has too many flaws so Godou's trump card is still the sword or maybe his new authority
Old 2013-05-12, 11:32   Link #6583
Indra040293
Novel & Audio Holic

Send a message via Yahoo to Indra040293
hmm i think godou would not got a new authority from circe ...

it's stated in vol 13 that the "circle of usurpation" that transfer the authorities of a god to human that beat them will not work if if the god is already in half dead state ....

i think godou will either got some power up like a "mastery" of his verethragna skill or more magic supply or some hint that will give him that "white" thing ....
Indra040293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:43   Link #6584
Richocet
Lover of Purity

He did get an authority as mentioned when he felt a heavy weight on his back, something which only happens when ypu gain an authority. Also Yuri saw it as well and Circe said she wanted to help in the eventual fight with the king of the end
Old 2013-05-12, 11:56   Link #6585
Chris38

Personally, I think that whatever or not a new power, authority or whatever a Campione can get, from a god, is actually given,depends on the will of the god that has been defeated.

So, similarly to Athena, who has given Godou the spell to create the black hole of Ama no Murakumo, when she was already slowly dieing, Circe might also have given Godu some kind of spell or incomplete authority, that would help Godou in the future - after all, she did say that she wants to assist him, by sacrificing her remaining life.

Although, we will, most likely need to wait, for some time, before we will learn, what has actually been the thing that Circe has given to Godou.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:48   Link #6586
Ultragunner

this is exactly my point from several post ago
Old 2013-05-12, 14:13   Link #6587
Myh

she was half dead... but (and i may be wrong here) didnt athena simply pass away after winning and circe actually died after a critical hit? i'd say circe although half dead qualifies as a "kill", not to mention godou didnt feel any "weight on his back" after the duel with athena
Myh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 14:28   Link #6588
Fwarlord

Maybe the weight Godou felt on his back was actually his sin, guilt of killing a girl who love him wholeheartedly.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 14:45   Link #6589
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indra040293 View Post
it's stated in vol 13 that the "circle of usurpation" that transfer the authorities of a god to human that beat them will not work if if the god is already in half dead state ....
It's not stated explicitly what this Circle of Usurpation is, but the only circular object related to "a joke of a witch" and the stealing of authorities is Guinevere's medallion.

Besides, why would you think of normal transfer of authorities as a "circle" anyway? It's not even like there's some sort of cycle where gods obtain authorities back from Campiones in order to be reborn.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 15:40   Link #6590
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
It's not stated explicitly what this Circle of Usurpation is, but the only circular object related to "a joke of a witch" and the stealing of authorities is Guinevere's medallion.

Besides, why would you think of normal transfer of authorities as a "circle" anyway? It's not even like there's some sort of cycle where gods obtain authorities back from Campiones in order to be reborn.
......................She's talking about Pandora. The Circle of Usurpation is the spell she uses to transfer the authorities of defeated gods to her adopted children.
Old 2013-05-12, 15:48   Link #6591
zzhk
Summary Machine

円環 is a ring, torus, or a circular object.

How is the usurpation process even a circle in the first place (and never previously referred to as such)?
Old 2013-05-12, 16:25   Link #6592
Hidfe

Quote:

How is the usurpation process even a circle in the first place (and never previously referred to as such)?
Well you are the translator but I also got the impression Circe was talking about Pandora as well. She was referred to as a witch numerous times. I thought “Circle of Usurpation” refers to the authority of Pandora or some kind of ritual or spell that allows the transfer of authority’s when a god is used as a sacrifice. Circle maybe because at the beginning the God is on the throne and the Human is an object but after the god gets killed the Object becomes King and sits on the throne. This continues so long until he is kicked out from the throne and therefore it is a never ending Circle.

By the way thanks for all the work you put in the translation of Campione and the other ones you are working on.

Last edited by Hidfe; 2013-05-12 at 17:13. Reason: thanks
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:26   Link #6593
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Maybe the weight Godou felt on his back was actually his sin, guilt of killing a girl who love him wholeheartedly.
thats a nice joke there,anyway Alec feels the same when he defeated Minos so probably Godou obtains new authority
Old 2013-05-12, 16:35   Link #6594
thunder123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
thats a nice joke there,anyway Alec feels the same when he defeated Minos so probably Godou obtains new authority
Or... maybe the weight Alec felt on his back was actually his sin, guilt of killing a bull who love (to fight) him wholeheartedly.
thunder123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 17:15   Link #6595
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Circe - "If only this half of a body is used as a sacrifice, the [Circle of Usurpation] belonging to that joke of a witch probably won't come into play..."

She talks about being a sacrifice, and the spell name includes usurpation. And Pandora has been called a witch before, by Melquart and Verethragna if I'm not mistaken.

Also, Guinevere no longer exists. The one now carrying the aforementioned medallion is Athena(Mark Two), and she isn't a witch, right?

Aaaaaand I just realized I was talking to Zzhk. Shutting up now.
Old 2013-05-12, 17:41   Link #6596
zzhk
Summary Machine

It's a cryptic remark, so Circe's words are obviously open to interpretation. My point is that Indra040293 shouldn't state his interpretation as fact.

Courtesy of Kadi, the translation of the Amazon synopsis of V14:
Quote:
The King of Swords, Doni, invites Godou to Italy. Although suspicious, Godou and the group take part in a divine beast hunt, but of course that can't be the end of it. After getting sucked into a certain hole, Godou ends up...?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...184031#p184031
Old 2013-05-12, 17:46   Link #6597
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Thanks for the synopsis.
Is the cover out cuz i don't remember it
Old 2013-05-12, 19:32   Link #6598
Indra040293
Novel & Audio Holic

Send a message via Yahoo to Indra040293
Well, for now. We just need to wait for the next volume xD

Tough may there is a lot opinion in this case. Well that's just what i tough, so don't be mad

If i remember it right. Pandora's spell require a complete god as a sacrifice right... And circe is literaly "half" . I think it's the same as in the fight with sun wukong, neither of them got an authority. That's why i though he didn't get an authority, but some power up
Indra040293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 20:02   Link #6599
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

That summary sounds pretty interesting, though I'm rather surprised that Godou would willingly go visit Salvatore.

In any case, I'm looking forward to more Salvatore hijinks. Possibly we'll see his 4th Authority. Plus I've been wondering how he and Ena would get along, since they're quite similar.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:16   Link #6600
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That summary sounds pretty interesting, though I'm rather surprised that Godou would willingly go visit Salvatore.

In any case, I'm looking forward to more Salvatore hijinks. Possibly we'll see his 4th Authority. Plus I've been wondering how he and Ena would get along, since they're quite similar.
No he would go because he knows if he does not Salvatore would probably just come to his house.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem