AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 13:15   Link #1441
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Kotaku reviews part 1 of Attack on Titan.
Old 2013-07-02, 14:28   Link #1442
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_oats View Post
I don't think anyone posted this game yet: http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
Requires some practice but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of things.
I once got 22 kills then a titan "bugged onto a building"...
Old 2013-07-10, 12:26   Link #1443
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I have no idea if you believe this or not, but lol WIT Studio staffs--no, the Shingeki anime staffs to be exact, are still coughing blood. The production nightmare continues, lol.

Report from RinHora event, only producer appearing btw for the anime talk.
Quote:
  • プロデューサーの仕事はキャスティングがメイン。これがずれていると安心して眠れなくなる。特に監督は作品 への拘りが強い人が多いので気を使う
  • プロデューサーは全てのセクションがうまく回るように何でもする仕事。スタッフのお弁当も買い にいきます
  • 本当は公演ごとに各セクションの方を招きたかったが忙しすぎて断られた
  • 立体機動装置のデザインは専用のセクションがある。諌山先生のリメイク希望が強い部分で何度も やり直した
  • 後期OPの作画は今日まさに終わるくらい
  • 作画兵団全滅寸前。吉祥寺に向けて祈ろう
  • 進撃アニメはWITスタジオで100名くらい全体で200名くらいが関わっている。ざっくり他のアニメの二 倍くらい
  • 電通が宣伝で作った超巨大巨人のバルーンが大人気。今はフランスに行っていてスケジュールも超過密。いつ日 本に帰ってくるのか…
It's freaking midnight now and I'm sick as well, so just have super rough key points translation, get someone else to do this, or prolly 4chan or Tumblr has it already...

- Supposedly, more key staffs should appear in the event but they all refused to due to being busy. And little trivia, producer even go as far as buying the staffs meals... (me: ... Serious? Just how much Shuraba are they in lol)

- There is a seperate staff section/team for 3DMG equipment design. Isayama is actually involved in this (in particular referring to how "Isayama wants some parts to be remade so they basically redid the design multiple times" or something like that), so that design of 3DMG in anime is essentially his idealistic 3DMG design.

- 2nd cour OP sakuga was just completed on 9th of July.

- For those who are wondering, the anime has about total of 200 staffs actually participating (WIT Studio only staffs are about 100 people). This is about twice of normal anime production staffs.

Now, don't quote me on the last point--that was the producer's words. Whether you believe it or not, I leave it to your animation production knowledge.

Still, God bless this Animation Corps, no matter if this is all true or not. This is total nightmare, if you ask me.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2013-07-10 at 12:44. Reason: Added link to whatever sohoku site with the topic since I'm random
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:48   Link #1444
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
- For those who are wondering, the anime has about total of 200 staffs actually participating (WIT Studio only staffs are about 100 people). This is about twice of normal anime production staffs.
By Haruhi I hope this anime sells like there was no tomorrow. Go forth and buy it! The sakuga may be a nightmare to produce but it's fantastic to watch.
Old 2013-07-10, 23:24   Link #1445
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
- Supposedly, more key staffs should appear in the event but they all refused to due to being busy. And little trivia, producer even go as far as buying the staffs meals... (me: ... Serious? Just how much Shuraba are they in lol)

- There is a seperate staff section/team for 3DMG equipment design. Isayama is actually involved in this (in particular referring to how "Isayama wants some parts to be remade so they basically redid the design multiple times" or something like that), so that design of 3DMG in anime is essentially his idealistic 3DMG design.

- 2nd cour OP sakuga was just completed on 9th of July.

Learned a good lesson today, "throwing more money and people won't always do good if you don't have the necessary time". And I'll use this post as a reference everytime I need to back up the argument, guehehe.
Also looking forward to that OP sakuga.
Old 2013-07-11, 06:03   Link #1446
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Learned a good lesson today, "throwing more money and people won't always do good if you don't have the necessary time". And I'll use this post as a reference everytime I need to back up the argument, guehehe.
Also looking forward to that OP sakuga.
The producer didn't say 'animator' staffs though (or at least the guy reporting it didn't say it like that) so you should be (warily) critical and think that this includes every sections staffs, or probably those 200 people even includes the CVs. Okay, last part is freaking hyperbolically negative thinking from me, I admit.

Anyway, one fact is sure: WIT studio staffs currently working for the anime is about 100 people. No idea on animation-related (key animator, etc) staffs, but it is not wrong to believe that they DO lack manpower for the animation sections from the very start if the 11th hour recruitment back in early June rings true. The anime production had been regularly called out on its horrible schedule management anyway, finally culminating in ep 13 animation flaws

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 11:25   Link #1447
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

considering they have to make animation for new opening (which just finished recently) and ending, I doubt that 1 week break will improve the "quality" for the rest of the episodes
Old 2013-07-11, 14:09   Link #1448
desrtsku
Nympholept

They can take all the time they want if it was just me, but I don't know how the audience in general will feel about it.
Quote:
The producer didn't say 'animator' staffs though (or at least the guy reporting it didn't say it like that) so you should be (warily) critical and think that this includes every sections staffs, or probably those 200 people even includes the CVs. Okay, last part is freaking hyperbolically negative thinking from me, I admit.
Sh, and here I was already preparing my copypastas.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:18   Link #1449
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Haven't posted at AnimeSuki in a while, and not sure if this parody video was posted anywhere yet:

NSFW
not sure, but just in case
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:32   Link #1450
jayvee16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
So glad I'm not the only one who hates this beyond belief.

But seriously, the reason why this show is not "the greatest anime of all time" is the fact that it's so far fairly unoriginal. Sure the idea of the world is pretty new, but the execution is typically shounen. The titans are basically XXL zombies. They have no thoughts, no emotions, no alliances, no history. The only point to their existence is to eat humans and be a threat. The main characters are pretty much shounen tropes. There's the sensitive one, the cold one and of course the main character completely obsessed with revenge and getting stronger. They're all something we've seen a ton of times already in similar shows and the simplicity of the whole conflict isn't exactly ideal for character development.

Don't get me wrong, the show is good and fun to watch, probably the only anime worth watching this season. But it's no masterpiece.

LOL i find it funny that your saying this when the anime's not even finished yet.i wont spoil anything so just wait for the rest of the arcs i can assure you thats when the anime starts to go high coming from a manga reader
jayvee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 13:27   Link #1451
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

VIDEO: TV Report Offers a Look Reaction To "Attack on Titan" Opening Single Release
Old 2013-07-17, 07:42   Link #1452
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Colossal Titan is such a attention seeker.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:47   Link #1453
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Colossal Titan is such a attention seeker.
You should've seen D Piddy at Anime Expo as Colossal Titan. He got attention everywheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere.
It's funny cuz I was also like:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:00   Link #1454
suissinho10

Episode 13.5 awesome moments
Spoiler for Spoiler alert:
suissinho10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 08:49   Link #1455
Iron Maw
Banned

This is awesome.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 13:05   Link #1456
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I've just marathoned episodes 5 to 8, it's that insanely good.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 11:46   Link #1457
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Attack on Titan Spawns Another Series in Shōnen Sirius Magazine

I wonder what it's about?
Old 2013-08-10, 18:28   Link #1458
Iron Maw
Banned

Comiket Staff dressed in Recon Corps uniforms for C84
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 18:33   Link #1459
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Note that this was taken during the first day, which easily reached 40° as early as 9AM with 50-60% humidity. Adding the fact they are all volonteer, they deserve a brofist.
Old 2013-08-10, 19:30   Link #1460
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I started watching this series a week ago and managed to catch up to episode 17 a couple hours ago. I am about to give ep 18 a watch, but before I do I might as well share my thoughts so far:

Good:
-I like the titans themselves, very neat monsters
-Very pretty looking scenery
-The action (when it actually happens) is not half bad
-The mystery surrounding Eren's basement/origins is well done
-The setting is very well detailed

Bad:
-I did not care for the first quarter of the series or the music (contrary to popular opinion)
-The character designs really throw me off
-It kind of irked me that only Mikasa could slay titans for the first third of the series
-None of the characters are interesting
-Too many flashbacks in the first half
-Not toward the series itself but wow are the potato jokes unnecessary

So yeah, not seeing the hype, but I'll keep watching regardless.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence