Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-20, 00:37   Link #81
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
i got my first AAA on Car of Your Dreams but I was doing the EURO course so I didn't get my AAA pic

here's me failing pretty badly
http://ultracarl.com/bmiidx/videos/carl-fake_time.avi

i've never really bothered with the gallery but I might this time around
i never knew that you could zoom in on some of the pictures x_x

Many many songs I can't pass now. especially on the [a] side
Heres a big middle finger to genocide & gigadelic & go berzerk

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 02:05   Link #82
Wolfwood2970

Gigadelic- incredibly stupid they just threw the hardest part at the VERY END thats like a good long amount of time (so even hard clearing is still hard)

Fake Time- i can actually get through both rolls with hard mode on then the amount of weird scales kill me at the end

Go Bezerk- reminds me of hype the core..... i dont like the song kinda..... very spammy but i passed it on my first try

Inori- its alright just tiring and the ending is a bit spammy also

Genocide- really hard parts in the beginning and middle but other than that the ending is uber easy

ive unlocked almost all the skins (ive basically got everything but 2 interface skins

ive got around 1323 DJ points but for some reason i started to stop earning points?

gambol another uhhhhg

Erasormotor phantom- very cool hard notechart

im gonna try getting all the gallery pics im up to like 39ish out of 59 so im more than halfway there

im still hoping for a preview song..... althought its looking bad that no preview songs will be on it.... who knows konami might have a preview song that needs to have an unlock code (maybe to keep the game fresh and new after a couple months) im basically gonna assume there is a preview song until konami updates their ??? page on their website

(people have said that they've hexed iidx RED and found nothing...... although that might be true it still might be there..... it done to 8th style too and no one found anything.... then we found out that there were 3 preveiw songs)

as of now ive basically passed a majority of the songs except for

Fake time 7k and another
gigadelic 7k and another (almost hard cleared 7k)
AA another
Scorpion Fire another
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-21, 07:57   Link #83
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

you know what really suprised me?
is that I passed the Mystic course. I should have failed that bad bitch with its nasty lineup, but the one with a more nasty lineup is CORE

also almost beating 7dan, failing right at the last 30 seconds of THE SAFARI. Ah made me so mad!

at least you can beat all those songs Wolfwood2970, i'm like stuck at the point where I can beat all the 7key execpt for the flashing 8's. The anothers is a whole different story.

[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net

Last edited by uLTraCarL-; 2006-05-21 at 08:28.
Old 2006-05-21, 11:49   Link #84
Wolfwood2970

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
you know what really suprised me?
is that I passed the Mystic course. I should have failed that bad bitch with its nasty lineup, but the one with a more nasty lineup is CORE

also almost beating 7dan, failing right at the last 30 seconds of THE SAFARI. Ah made me so mad!

at least you can beat all those songs Wolfwood2970, i'm like stuck at the point where I can beat all the 7key execpt for the flashing 8's. The anothers is a whole different story.
a lot of the problems that people have with iidx is that they start playing songs over and over and over then finally pass it just barely and say "hey i just passed this im done with it go to the next song"

but i honestly think that even though if you pass it barely or whatever you need to go back to it (this might be or not be your situation)

what type of songs are you really have problems with? there are definently songs you could probably pass that are anothers cuz there are songs that are easier than flashing 8's on another you just gotta try them

although i might be able to pass all those songs my timing isnt that great and a couple of the songs i do end up failing and there is always room for improvement

oh crap and i just remembered.... i still havnt passed A another..... damn ive gotten as close as like 68% at the end....

the DJ points in RED suddenly stopped for me also.... im not quite sure if its because i either capped it or im not playing the right things.... im at 1323

oh yeah got my DistorteD poster XD XD its great

9th AC poster comin in soon
Old 2006-05-21, 13:00   Link #85
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

what i think kills me is scales and massive chords aka Fake Time also stupid drumrolls and just a barrage of notes. I don't think I can process massive amounts of notes, because while I was watching people play The Dirty of Loudness, I couldn't follow those notes for shit.

Every single flashing 8 7key on RED is a failed song
A - B Failed
AA - C Failed
FAKE TIME - B Failed
GENOCIDE - D (BORDER PASS 80% woot. I'm thiiiiiiis close from a C )
gigadelic - C Failed
Go Berzerk - D Failed
MAX 300 - C (Just Passed HS 0.5)
Scorpion Fire - B (Random got me the best B ever +200 EX) Failed
RESONATE 1794 - A (Just Passed with a good random)
THE SAFARI - B

When I did play on the DistorteD machine, I played majority of 8's and 9's and had problems with a bunch of 9's. Namely tripping contact (right at the end stupid rolls) and Apocalypse ~dirge of swans~. I was able to beat stuff like HARMONY & LOVEY, BLOOD TEARS (After 3 tries XD), Look to the Sky, Parasite world. 7's I could do no problem ala Zenius & ALFARSHEAR. But I had someone help me pick some songs, pretty cool dude. He tried to see if I could beat Xepher & Aurora (Both 10's I believe) and I failed both right at the end. I just got lost with the notes lol.

I did Little Little Princess (10 also) with another dude and I almost passed with a 74%

I can pass all the regular 8's in RED. Quickening I had to put Hard Mode just like in 9th style to beat it. murmur twins, random works wonders.

I do have a lot of issues with INORI though. That chart sucks.

I'm at 1186 DJ points right now as well. Gonna play some more expert

Last edited by uLTraCarL-; 2006-05-21 at 13:40.
Old 2006-05-21, 14:43   Link #86
Wolfwood2970

from what you're telling me it sounds like your level is around playing 8's and 9's and you can do a couple 10's which is still pretty good

my advice: play songs that ur having difficulty with that seems like you could pass but stupid parts (reasonably stupid parts) make you fail

you have problems with scales are chords?

it sounds like you put random on every song that has scales are difficult chords.... you should probably avoid doing that too.... it gets you good with streams but it wont get you good with scales
Old 2006-05-21, 16:15   Link #87
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

i forgot about the video of me playing distorted lol :x

http://ultracarl.com/bmiidx/videos/distorted.avi

[7] ALFARSHEAR - [8] Look to the Sky - [9] Type Mars (G-Style Mix) [failed]

I failed the SLAKE [a] course pretty bad. I did okay until BLOCKS came up, dropped me down to like 30% then GAMBOL came up and we all know how that goes

Old 2006-05-21, 16:29   Link #88
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I love how Gambol [a] has a strict timing window that makes it nearly impossible to get regular greats and goods. While reading the scores, my reaction was "what the hell?".

Also, Spica 7K's jack-hammers can stick those double-taps straight up its ass. I'm 26 EX off from an A.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 14:04   Link #89
Wolfwood2970

gambol another is just stupid

i saw a video of someone who just AA'd Blocks another (12 on happy sky 11 on distorted)

and yet he still fails at gambol another.... konami should of had some other way of unlocking it then passing it.... its stupid
Old 2006-05-22, 15:06   Link #90
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

A tight timing window is just retarded. Why couldn't they just make a real another chart? I swear, Gambol in RED CS is probably the most lazily done song note chart-wise in all of BEMANI. Hell, it's the most lazily done chart in any music game ever.
Old 2006-05-22, 20:11   Link #91
Wolfwood2970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
A tight timing window is just retarded. Why couldn't they just make a real another chart? I swear, Gambol in RED CS is probably the most lazily done song note chart-wise in all of BEMANI. Hell, it's the most lazily done chart in any music game ever.

well i dont think it was lazy like i think they were trying to put it in as a joke but still.... the way you have to unlock it is just agrrivating.... when i play that course i hit 78% at blocks another (cuz of stupid ending) and i still DIE at gambol another

my views on RED CS as a whole

RED AC songs were awesome in itself but you look at the actual CS.... a couple good revivals good to see them back but all in all it wasnt that great

like implementing DistorteD stuff was great but all in all like no preview song.... CS exclusives were pretty boring

like the CS exclusives as songs were ok.... notecharts sucked ass

::looks at Inori another, Solitcon beam, Go Bezerk::
notechart for the suikenden song was weird

Love again is yeah its alright
new eurotrance song was the only one thats actually fun to play
Toxic and (other BMUS song).... alright....

gambol another is lol but sucks still... only good for its amusement
erasormotor phantom: its hard and i really think the timing is hard.... notechart is just dumb

in my opinion looking at it at an AC point of view... yeah GREAT

CS point of view: you could of done better
Old 2006-05-23, 01:23   Link #92
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

the suikoden song chart reminds me a lot of Beyond the Earth... just a lot more easier

Old 2006-05-24, 06:00   Link #93
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Well, I'm glad soe people realize the dissappointment that was IIDX RED CS. That's why I'm waiting for Happy Sky, the best style new song-wise since 7th and 5th.
Old 2006-05-24, 06:32   Link #94
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Think of it from my perspective: My first beatmania was US, bought last month or so. So enamored, I picked up RED. Let's just say the comparison is not even fair.

I passed Dan level 1just today on red, yay! I can beat about half of the 6's...

Edit: Passed Dan 2 immediately after Dan 1! Wow... seems they need to tweak the difficulty more or something... I did better on 2 than on 1.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 22:54   Link #95
Wolfwood2970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Well, I'm glad soe people realize the dissappointment that was IIDX RED CS. That's why I'm waiting for Happy Sky, the best style new song-wise since 7th and 5th.
yeah happy sky is pretty fun but heheheh just think of it this way

if RED doesnt do well in sales

Happy sky might have a chance of not coming out unlikely though... im sure RED did great in sales

anywho some new stuff i did
Be Quiet another Hard mode A'd
Go Bezerk another Hard mode B'd

almost passed 10-dan
i got through all the songs and the last song was AA another.... it absolutely killed me
Old 2006-05-25, 19:36   Link #96
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

got through 7-dan with a 6%

so stoked

now to try 8-dan HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Old 2006-05-26, 07:20   Link #97
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
Edit: Passed Dan 2 immediately after Dan 1! Wow... seems they need to tweak the difficulty more or something... I did better on 2 than on 1.
Sometimes the difficulty feels harder when there are less notes, causing you to no pay attention out of boredom. That's why I sometimes slip up on 4 and FC 5s.

Also, I hate the 7th style dan course with The Safari as its last song. No random, no mirror, no passing. Yet somehow I alway get through half the song with 36% at the start.
Old 2006-05-27, 23:54   Link #98
Wolfwood2970

yeah the grading is based upon the % of greats you basically get

so its like this

+2 for Just Greats
+1 Greats
0 Goods
0 bads
0 poors

85% of max amount of points you could get is a AAA and so on

so yeah sometimes less notes is bad (if your going for grades)

i think for the interface unlocks it has something to do with playing the Dan + expert Courses while obtaining DJ points

its already been proven that what you get is totally random

oh yeah some new stuff i did

hard cleared Andromeda another with an A
hard cleared (random) Gigadelic 7k with an A

i have yet to unlock gambol another T_T
Old 2006-05-28, 08:28   Link #99
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Actually, you need around 88.9% for a AAA, 77.8% for AA, 66.7% A, and so on and so on.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:11   Link #100
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

To be more specific, the grading scale (at least, for every version of IIDX that employs per-song grading except Beatmania US) is based on divisions of 9. If you get 8/9 or more of the total possible exscore, you get an AAA, if you get 7/9 you get an AA, 6/9 an A, and so on.

I find this easier to remember than the rounded percentage approximations of this listed above.