AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-08-04, 23:35   Link #21
Tenzen12

I don't know about that. Elfs sounds like lost cause in this story.
Old 2020-08-05, 01:14   Link #22
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Waddabout Elf rape and enslavement?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-05, 01:16   Link #23
Tenzen12

You can't rape them if you can't find them
Old 2020-08-05, 03:00   Link #24
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Maybe they are already in someone's basement
Old 2020-08-05, 04:29   Link #25
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
If there is romance for Frieren i think she should paired with immortal, ones with long lifespan because mortals certainly left bitter sweet experience to her. Personally, i prefer Frieren romance another elf because elf x elf is something rare to find in anime and manga.
For some reason this industry prefer elves to have interracial romance either date human or raped by Orc and Goblin.
I'd like to see an ElfxDwarf story once~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Maybe they are already in someone's basement
With all the magical power Elves seem to have? Doubt it.
Old 2020-08-08, 17:50   Link #26
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'd like for her to find love with an immortal myself. Would certainly be great. Elves in this series are so damn lonely, they need it.

And elf lover would be the best for Frieren, but if that can't be done then hopefully it'll be another immortal. But one who's the same as her when it comes to aging. Eisen also aged despite being a dwarf, and dwarves are also long-lived in this series.
Old 2020-08-18, 14:44   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The series's take on demons feels really fresh, despite being a return to the basics, where demons are not humans with horns.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 16:21   Link #28
Twi

I think she's fine single. But on the topic of the demons, its pretty definitive where her mindset lays and why. I think the series did a good job of showing why she thinks that way and then showing that she's absolutely correct. It gets the moral dilemma right out of the way.
Old 2020-08-18, 18:43   Link #29
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The series's take on demons feels really fresh, despite being a return to the basics, where demons are not humans with horns.
Yep. Feels somewhat refreshing.

Slightly reminds me of Hellmaster Phibrizzo from Slayers, for example. Though he's not a "human with horns" but has the form of a human child, but he is basically "pure evil" while also using a deliberately childish appearance to play on people's empathy for the sake of his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But on the topic of the demons, its pretty definitive where her mindset lays and why. I think the series did a good job of showing why she thinks that way and then showing that she's absolutely correct. It gets the moral dilemma right out of the way.
Yeah. In addition I think it would be hard for the series to justify Frieren being fundamentally wrong about demons given that she's been around so long and has clearly fought them. I think if the author had tried to leave it as an open question for a chapter or two it wouldn't have been the best option - the actual case of demons being demonic raises the stakes a lot more. It also plays into Frieren's character trait of lacking empathy while also helping make the reader feel sympathy for her. A neat trick - making readers feel empathy for the MC's lack of empathy while at the same time making the fake empathy of the demons feel especially evil.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 19:01   Link #30
wuhugm
Confused Shark

But what if a Japanese Dude reincarnates as a demon lmao~

This pic is funny tho

Old 2020-08-19, 01:00   Link #31
Tenzen12

She looks like kittty
Old 2020-08-19, 07:47   Link #32
James Rye

I think you guys make the same mistake as the humans in Frieren's series. Just because they look human, act human and speak like human that doesn't make them human. Remember we are talking about a society that has no "family" or "mother/father" concept. That is ALIEN! Family is the smallest most basic unit in all human societies. Doesn't matter in what country you go in our world everyone there will know about families and very often the state supports their families as they ensure the future of their nation.
Demons don't do that, they give birth and then take their leave, that's it.
That concept alone should scare any human into distrusting demons as it feels so weird, so alien-like to have such a society that acts without family as its basic unit.

To make things a bit more comparable - a slug looking alien who cannot speak human but has the concept of family would BE closer to humanity than a demon looking human and speaking human but who has no idea what family is, he just knows the concept of it and how to use it in human speech but that's it.
The Slug would be closer to humanity because with family other concepts also become available, parents, parental love, respect before your elders, generations, etc and etc. Obviously the Demon FEELS closer to humanity due his looks and behavior but he is more like a human-shaped mimic from Dungeon Meshi than a real human.

Also those Demons aren't "evil" that is the entire alien thing about them. They got no morals like humans do which is why the demon girl thought it could buy peace/safety for itself by giving the grieving family another daughter, not understanding why humans are terrified of her decision.
They even more alien than animals who have packs, clans and families. They just exist for themselves. Killing humans is as natural for them as it is for us to keep animals in horrible conditions just to eat their meat cheaply&make a lot of money. That's why there can be no peace between humans and demons as demons never truly understand humans and just fool them over and over again as humans over generations keep forgetting the past and repeat their mistakes of trusting what never really trusted them to begin with.

For humans those demons are "weird human beings" who you can talk thus reason with, for Frieren demons are "Monsters" which explains their "weirdness" as that is how they hunt their prey to survive. We humans would think a sheep stupid for inviting a wolf to dinner, wouldn't we? Even if both are intelligent, one would still be prey and one still be predator, a fragile peace that would get broken at any moment if either the predator succumbs to his instincts or the prey starts to fear for its life thus doing a preemptive strike.

Any case I really liked how Frieren took the 2-3 year sentence as a "oh, that's short, how nice". XD
Same with the demon being called Baron Lügner, Baron Liar, lol. xD
Demons feel like psychopaths seeing humans as things or talking food. Gonna be interesting to see if Frieren will save this city and lose time dealing with those demons or if she will leave its fate to itself and move on. Well, I know our two human companions will want to save the town so the choice has already been taken for Frieren.^^
Old 2020-08-19, 08:59   Link #33
wuhugm
Confused Shark

But can human and demon procreate?
That would change everything
Old 2020-08-19, 09:14   Link #34
Twi

Technically, I don't think you can call them psychopaths if their mindset is that alien. At the end of the day its pretty simple, one eats the other and the other isn't going to just lay down and get eaten, so it evolves to better hunt its prey. Its too smart to be domesticated and even if you can broker a deal with them in the short-term, you're still a viable menu option. My question is what brought them into the world so different than other animals or sapient species?

That being said, I am so glad I didn't start reading this right after Helck because that would have been some whiplash.
Old 2020-08-19, 09:23   Link #35
James Rye

Magic probably. If you look at how the body of the slayed demon girl disintegrated it seems they do not have bodies to decay like humans do. And yes they aren't psychopaths from their own perspective, for them this is the natural order, but for deceived humans who believe demons are like that just a bit different they probably see them as psychopaths who make no sense.
Old 2020-08-25, 12:24   Link #36
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Frieren so beautiful
Old 2020-08-25, 12:34   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She's reminiscent of Goblin Slayer.

Also, I wonder if every century or so, she has to teach some humans not to trust demons?
Old 2020-08-25, 12:40   Link #38
kari-no-sugata II

What was that girl from the film Leon called again? I don't think it was Frieren but...

Anyway, 1 down, two to go.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 15:20   Link #39
Twi

I thought it'd take longer before the bloodshed since she was supposed to be locked up for two years.
Old 2020-08-25, 15:37   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I thought it'd take longer before the bloodshed since she was supposed to be locked up for two years.
I thought she had days before the demons made their move. No way would she have years.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party