AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-05-17, 21:38   Link #401
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

meh, she'll find some other way around it like her iron sand... She always do... Point is, mikoto is definitely not weak or a burden.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:03   Link #402
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
meh, she'll find some other way around it like her iron sand... She always do... Point is, mikoto is definitely not weak or a burden.
Maybe not in power, but mentally she is. That's why Touma has been reluctant to take her along for any of his fights since the Sisters arc: he doesn't want to put her through anything difficult like that again.

Imagine what would happen if she knew there's an entire world out to destroy Academy City, or if she knew that Misaka Worst existed? You could say that the world that Misaka believed in world crumble in front of her eyes (i.e. disillusionment, corruption)
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 00:18   Link #403
tsunade666

The only magician that I could think up that Mikoto could beat is terra. She could easily fry that bastard........... Aside from him I can't think up of anything starts from vol 13.

Their is no way she can beat up vent, then aqua and lastly fianma

The knight leader could fougth with injured aqua without trouble

Carissa can destroy a city with her carthagena (did I get it right? the spelling) original

Mikoto could be helpful on capturing New Light but they are not entirely an enemy.

............ I really can't think of another magician that touma fought with that mikoto could help with.

EDIT:

If I was Touma I wouldn't bring anyone at all. Fighting those monstrous opponent. Whether it's index or mikoto.
It's not that their are not strong, it's the opposite exactly THOSE 2 ARE MUCH STRONGER THAN TOUMA!!!
It's just that Touma is your HERO inside! outside! a hero doesn't let others get harm.

Remember that touma is just your above average guy that's just been a bit TOO UNLUCKY. That had an ubber hax right hand fist. That could take on anyone. Aside from that his just your normal guy.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 05:23   Link #404
giorno

Quote:
again, it depends

she would probably be very helpful against, i don't know, anieze's forces, or against new light, or the weaker knights of england, just like she was helpful against the hound dogs in volume 13

but against Acqua? or Vento? or Carissa? She'd be a burden.
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 06:06   Link #405
Sixth
Hu Tao

Acqua : We are saint..you are nothing but an insect.

Misaka : Me insect? Oh ok....*cover herself with Iron sand and become a Giant Iron Sand Racoon*

Misaka : In this form...People call me "One-Tail Shukaku" !

Aleister : Artificial Demon? OMG...

On serious note, don't you guys judge too fast that Misaka would be burden? I sure that the writer don't simply setup the whole build-up to send Misaka to Russia just to lose. Who knows that Misaka even get "awaken" in the process for whatever reason.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 06:17   Link #406
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

She would be the first sane character to awaken that's for sure... I mean look at everyone else, including the really frightening Saints...
Old 2010-05-18, 06:44   Link #407
tsunade666

If misaka would awaken and got her wings............ I would probably drop this one.

I had tons of hard time dealing with the stupid physics of toaruverse and the all troubling facts of this world. Plus if the author makes misaka awaken then she should use a very good plot device or else I would just snap out of it. Because she said before that only 2 esper could awaken then that would make the past fact a wrong one.

And misaka isn't a burden she's stronger than touma it just happen that their are lots stronger than misaka and they are the ones who's touma figthing with.
Old 2010-05-18, 07:00   Link #408
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If misaka would awaken and got her wings............ I would probably drop this one.

I had tons of hard time dealing with the stupid physics of toaruverse and the all troubling facts of this world. Plus if the author makes misaka awaken then she should use a very good plot device or else I would just snap out of it. Because she said before that only 2 esper could awaken then that would make the past fact a wrong one.

And misaka isn't a burden she's stronger than touma it just happen that their are lots stronger than misaka and they are the ones who's touma figthing with.
You sound like Touma's right hand actually hit harder than Misaka's attack.

Does this kind of situation ever occur in your mind like, Touma's neutralize his opponent magic/shield while Misaka take the opportunity to defeat it with her powerful railgun or 20 billions volt attack or slash it with her iron sand sword?

Just imagine if Misaka actually help Touma during the Accelerator skirmish. Accelerator would be dead if Misaka shot her railgun because his vector wall/shield was neutralized by Touma's right hand which leaves him defenseless.

and who know, Misaka probably will get enough battle experience through fighting other AIM Burst being or yandere Esper off-screen (ala Railgun spin-off)

And for Misaka to awaken, what wrong with that? If you read enough manga, you should know that "past fact" never been 100% accurate...Just like the legendary Super Saiyan thing. In fact, I don't even surprise that everyone can became angel in the end of the series.
Old 2010-05-18, 08:28   Link #409
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
no touma's punch is just like getting hit by a metal bar though that's what the novel explains it. It's not ubber strong and it's not totally weak. Just your average strong punch but against someone who's been strip up of their power ups and turn into normal human being. That damage is enough.
Quote:
Does this kind of situation ever occur in your mind like, Touma's neutralize his opponent magic/shield while Misaka take the opportunity to defeat it with her powerful railgun or 20 billions volt attack or slash it with her iron sand sword?
No to be honest..... it didn't occur to me at all. well maybe in future arc their could be a happening, heck maybe she could hit fianmma after touma hitting the sh*t out of that psycho but that would be another plot device or story because from the past encounter of fianmma that wouldn't happen at all
Quote:
Just imagine if Misaka actually help Touma during the Accelerator skirmish. Accelerator would be dead if Misaka shot her railgun because his vector wall/shield was neutralized by Touma's right hand which leaves him defenseless.
you pick the worst example. I think someone did explain this that misaka vs accelerator is a big miss match. And touma's IB doesn't work like if he punch accelerator his defence would be zero. If that happen's then touma should just punch him simultaneously from right and left but he didn't Because the only magic hand he has is the right. And it didn't put accelerator's firewall out. It would just ..... like a ........ I don't know how to explain it but the bottom line is if touma punch accel it doesn't mean he can be attack by the others. Touma's right hand is just the only one acting on itself that could by pass that fire wall.
and who know, Misaka probably will get enough battle experience through fighting other AIM Burst being or yandere Esper off-screen (ala Railgun spin-off)
Quote:
And for Misaka to awaken, what wrong with that? If you read enough manga, you should know that "past fact" never been 100% accurate...Just like the legendary Super Saiyan thing. In fact, I don't even surprise that everyone can became angel in the end of the series.
right I wouldn't be surprised too but the problem is it's too messed up already and I'm not big misaka fan to be happy with it

AND LASTLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I DON'T KNOW BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I'M TURNING INTO AN ANTI-MISAKA ......

Don't get me wrong it's just that I'm not much fond of misaka that's all

Well she's good in the side line and now that she's going to russia it looks like she would be getting her center stage and I don't know what would happen but I bet a great plot device would happen like on how touma often wins
Old 2010-05-18, 08:55   Link #410
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
no touma's punch is just like getting hit by a metal bar though that's what the novel explains it. It's not ubber strong and it's not totally weak. Just your average strong punch but against someone who's been strip up of their power ups and turn into normal human being. That damage is enough.

No to be honest..... it didn't occur to me at all. well maybe in future arc their could be a happening, heck maybe she could hit fianmma after touma hitting the sh*t out of that psycho but that would be another plot device or story because from the past encounter of fianmma that wouldn't happen at all

you pick the worst example. I think someone did explain this that misaka vs accelerator is a big miss match. And touma's IB doesn't work like if he punch accelerator his defence would be zero. If that happen's then touma should just punch him simultaneously from right and left but he didn't Because the only magic hand he has is the right. And it didn't put accelerator's firewall out. It would just ..... like a ........ I don't know how to explain it but the bottom line is if touma punch accel it doesn't mean he can be attack by the others. Touma's right hand is just the only one acting on itself that could by pass that fire wall.
I mean, Touma can just grab Accelerator with his right hand and refuse to let it go. As long as Touma's right hand keep touching Accelerator, Accelerator should not able to activate his power at all, thus no firewall and death (railgun) awaits.

Proven that Kuroko cannot use her teleport ability when she grabbed Touma's right hand.

If Touma can take down demi-god with his punch, then Misaka is a great additional to increase his firepower...unless Touma's right hand does more damage than Misaka's electricity attack.
Old 2010-05-18, 10:13   Link #411
tsunade666

Quote:
I mean, Touma can just grab Accelerator with his right hand and refuse to let it go. As long as Touma's right hand keep touching Accelerator, Accelerator should not able to activate his power at all, thus no firewall and death (railgun) awaits.

Proven that Kuroko cannot use her teleport ability when she grabbed Touma's right hand.

If Touma can take down demi-god with his punch, then Misaka is a great additional to increase his firepower...unless Touma's right hand does more damage than Misaka's electricity attack.
Kuroko can't teleport touma because teleportation requires that you wrap the object that needed to be teleported by AIM and AIM would just burst out or disperse when in contact with IB.

But that's not the case for accelerator which is AIM is completely wrap inside outside of his whole body.

The punch of touma would only effect on the part that his been punched.

Just like his black wings that can't be destroyed by I.B. instead he can touch it.

If you had read the manga of index then you could see that if accel manage to touch touma his dead and when accel is trying to touch touma he could only use his right hand to brush it up. If he could nullify completely his ability. Then touma should just hold accel and let his left hand punch the hell out of him.

Misaka is strong but it's just miss match. It could work on the others for combo move but not on accel.
Old 2010-05-18, 12:58   Link #412
giorno

Quote:
Yes, actually, it does. Against the likes of Accelerator, Fiamma or the likes, Touma's right hand hits harder than Misaka's attack. Because it actually hits...

Quote:
the problem is, can she survive long enough on her own? Because if she has to rely on Touma to keep herself alive, then it's more likely that she'll cause Touma's defeat, rather than help him win...

Quote:
Just imagine if Misaka actually help Touma during the Accelerator skirmish.
She didn't help him because she wouldn't have been of any help. Misaka was completely useless, if she tried to attack accelerator, chances are he would have redirected her attack on Touma. Now think about what would have happened if Accelerator attacked Misaka instead of Touma...
Old 2010-05-18, 14:23   Link #413
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
She didn't help him because she wouldn't have been of any help. Misaka was completely useless, if she tried to attack accelerator, chances are he would have redirected her attack on Touma. Now think about what would have happened if Accelerator attacked Misaka instead of Touma...
If that happen, then touma would jump right up to defend misaka but in result getting himself killed. Well it's a dramatic way of ending for touma.

Misaka is strong like I SAID IT AGAIN!!!! but not too strong to deal with the others.

I'm not underestimating the level 5 rank 3 of academy city.
Old 2010-05-18, 22:37   Link #414
Eliminator

I've heard that she's going to play a huge role in the next volume. I can imagine that she's probably going to fight alongside Touma (with a lot of drama).
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 23:06   Link #415
mark1246

where did you hear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
I've heard that she's going to play a huge role in the next volume. I can imagine that she's probably going to fight alongside Touma (with a lot of drama).
Where did you hear this info that Misaka going to be more involved in the 21th volume?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 23:18   Link #416
Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Where did you hear this info that Misaka going to be more involved in the 21th volume?
Apparently, I heard this from people who have been on 2ch.
Eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:08   Link #417
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Kuroko can't teleport touma because teleportation requires that you wrap the object that needed to be teleported by AIM and AIM would just burst out or disperse when in contact with IB.
Misaka can't even use her electricity at all when she grabbed Touma's right hand as well. Her power completely disabled.

Quote:
Yes, actually, it does. Against the likes of Accelerator, Fiamma or the likes, Touma's right hand hits harder than Misaka's attack. Because it actually hits...
Still doesn't change the fact that Misaka can do more damage than his punch. With a well-coordinated attack or strategy, Misaka can become good artillery role for Touma's faction.

Quote:
If you had read the manga of index then you could see that if accel manage to touch touma his dead and when accel is trying to touch touma he could only use his right hand to brush it up. If he could nullify completely his ability. Then touma should just hold accel and let his left hand punch the hell out of him.
This is the very same question that I had been brought up in the previous page. It is either the writer don't want the fight to end anti-climatic or Touma's left hand probably only does weaksauce damage.

Quote:
the problem is, can she survive long enough on her own? Because if she has to rely on Touma to keep herself alive, then it's more likely that she'll cause Touma's defeat, rather than help him win...
Why do you have the impression that she cannot herself for long enough? You shouldn't sound like she is freaking noob or weakling. She did fight against AIM Burst and Lv4 and Lv5 espers (ITEM) by herself. Give her some credit. She probably not the brightest bulb in the world, but she is still smart enough to come out with something to compensate on what she lacks. She can be a good support to Touma.

Quote:
She didn't help in that fight because if she did, the Lv6 Project won't be cancelled since it will considered as 2 Lv5 Espers beating Lv5 Esper, which is why Touma decided to fight alone.

Quote:
If that happen, then touma would jump right up to defend misaka but in result getting himself killed. Well it's a dramatic way of ending for touma.
Accelerator did plan to take down the Misaka and Imouto when both of them stopped his plasma attack...and you can see it won't end well for Accelerator.

I am not saying that Misaka is good enough to fight all those uber opponent by herself. But she can prove her worthy with under the right condition. Touma + Misaka combination still better than Touma alone. After all, her power is damn versatile in almost every situation, which can open a lot of strategy/tactical option for battle.

and isn't that Misaka should considered as 2nd strongest Lv5 Esper in A.C. City since Kakine is pretty much dead?

By the way, can I know how many times that Misaka had become a burden for Touma? Because it sure look like a freaking trend for everyone to said Misaka = burden in this thread. So far, I only know that Misaka being burden and her solely lost to Accelerator...Is there more in the novel?
Old 2010-05-19, 02:40   Link #418
giorno

Quote:
Still doesn't change the fact that Misaka can do more damage than his punch. With a well-coordinated attack or strategy, Misaka can become good artillery role for Touma's faction.
too bad misaka isn't an experienced fighter and she and touma never fought together, so the well-coordinated strategy would be difficult to pull of...

Quote:
Why do you have the impression that she cannot herself for long enough?
let's see...because Fiamma can erase Rome(which is bigger than New York) in one attack?

Quote:
You shouldn't sound like she is freaking noob or weakling.
she isn't. It's just Touma's current enemy is too powerful

Quote:
She did fight against AIM Burst and Lv4 and Lv5 espers (ITEM) by herself.
yes...none of which would be even nearly a match for Fiamma

Quote:
Give her some credit. She probably not the brightest bulb in the world, but she is still smart enough to come out with something to compensate on what she lacks. She can be a good support to Touma.
I do give her credit. The problem is that she isn't powerful enough to fight the top tier characters, nor does she have an hax ability to compensate, nor does she have great experience or knowledge...

Quote:
But she can prove her worthy with under the right condition.
this is the point: Touma+misaka vs Fiamma, Misaka would be a burden.

Touma+Accelerator+Acqua+Aurrelus vs Fiamma, Mikoto stays away from the battle and only steps up after Fiamma's exhausted, or stays away and attacks him from afar when his defence is down, then she'd be pretty useful

Quote:
Touma + Misaka combination still better than Touma alone. After all, her power is damn versatile in almost every situation, which can open a lot of strategy/tactical option for battle.
No, not always. Not against an enemy who could obliterate mikoto in one attack

Quote:
By the way, can I know how many times that Misaka had become a burden for Touma?
Never, since she never fought alongside him

I'm not saying Mikoto wouldn't be useful for Touma, i'm saying she would be about as useful as the Amakusa, and would take a similar role in helping Touma. Of course, she's individualy more powerful than anyone in the Amakusa, so she could be of help even against powerful enemies, under the right circumstances. But she would be a burden if she were to fight alongside Touma against these kind of enemies, unless there's someone else(like Kaori) who could provide help for both

basically: Touma+Mikoto vs Top Tier magician = probably a burden
Touma+other powerful allies+mikoto = probably helpful(depends on how powerful are both the enemy and the allies)
Mikoto stays away from the battlefield and uses her power for long range attacks or support = most likely helpful

Last edited by giorno; 2010-05-19 at 02:59.
Old 2010-05-19, 03:04   Link #419
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
too bad misaka isn't an experienced fighter...
I don't know, she seems pretty good in Railgun manga...

Quote:
let's see...because Fiamma can erase Rome(which is bigger than New York) in one attack?

I do give her credit. The problem is that she isn't powerful enough to fight the top tier characters, nor does she have an hax ability to compensate, nor does she have great experience or knowledge...

Touma+Accelerator+Acqua+Aurrelus vs Fiamma, Mikoto stays away from the battle and only steps up after Fiamma's exhausted, or stays away and attacks him from afar when his defence is down, then she'd be pretty useful

It's truth that Mikoto wouldn't be able to handle Fiamma, But that's the case for anybody else. Touma has Lessar with him, surely you don't think she can handle Fiamma? At the same time, she isn't a burden (As far as I know), what you're saying is that Mikoto would do worse than Lessar?

Look I'm just saying why wouldn't you want Mikoto to watch his back? I mean, Touma has been making do with alot less before. For once to have a powerful Esper by his side no matter how you cut it, can only be seen as a huge bonus compared to the usual help he gets.

(That, and I admit to be bias to the idea of seeing Touma and Mikoto tag-team ever since rescuing Kuroko in Vol 8 )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 03:28   Link #420
tsunade666

Quote:
Misaka can't even use her electricity at all when she grabbed Touma's right hand as well. Her power completely disabled.
She can still use it. But she wants to zap touma and it's just great that she's grabing the right hand she can still use the electricity on the other side of her body or she can still generate it but it still wouldn't hurt touma

Quote:
That's true, heck railgun hurts a lot more than touma's iron fist

Quote:
Why do you have the impression that she cannot herself for long enough? You shouldn't sound like she is freaking noob or weakling. She did fight against AIM Burst and Lv4 and Lv5 espers (ITEM) by herself. Give her some credit. She probably not the brightest bulb in the world, but she is still smart enough to come out with something to compensate on what she lacks. She can be a good support to Touma.
No, she can handle herself. She can handle herself to even to the point when she saw touma in the news and confirm that even a war is starting between russia and A.C. and also she just confirmed that the higher ups is wanting touma to return. She snuck into one of the base that has a plain on it. And hijack it, to go to russia.

Quote:
She didn't help in that fight because if she did, the Lv6 Project won't be cancelled since it will considered as 2 Lv5 Espers beating Lv5 Esper, which is why Touma decided to fight alone.
this is also a true and maybe not entirely true. Touma want to fight alone to cancel it and to protect misaka. But if misaka did happen to help she would surely die. Can you see her expression when she will fire her railgun.... it's the expression of someone ready to die PLUS it happens to be she's seeking punishment for she's blaming herself.

Quote:
Accelerator did plan to take down the Misaka and Imouto when both of them stopped his plasma attack...and you can see it won't end well for Accelerator.
why it won't end of accelerator? the only thing I can see after he killed Misaka is she would just be chewed by the higher ups but it's not like they can do anything.

Quote:
I am not saying that Misaka is good enough to fight all those uber opponent by herself. But she can prove her worthy with under the right condition. Touma + Misaka combination still better than Touma alone. After all, her power is damn versatile in almost every situation, which can open a lot of strategy/tactical option for battle.
this is also true. When touma went to save kuroko. Misaka did happen to be a help.

Quote:
and isn't that Misaka should considered as 2nd strongest Lv5 Esper in A.C. City since Kakine is pretty much dead?
Maybe, maybe not..... kakine is just living in a test tube like Aleister now. But mugino is still alive and kicking while she has a electron burst or something terrying hand.
And this mugino can just went on full power meltdowner... I think, because she's mostly recreated by her own power + the technology of dark tech.
Quote:
By the way, can I know how many times that Misaka had become a burden for Touma? Because it sure look like a freaking trend for everyone to said Misaka = burden in this thread. So far, I only know that Misaka being burden and her solely lost to Accelerator...Is there more in the novel?
summary from my point of view
vol 1 pestering the boy with terrible luck
vol 3 main problem
vol 5 attack of the golem
vol 8 friend of the source of problem
vol 9 not entirely
vol 12 date or punishment
vol 13 help take out hound dogs
vol 15 she found it out
vol 16 confrontation
vol 18 she's calling but no one's answering
vol 19 worried
vol 20 saw her BF on TV

Quote:
too bad misaka isn't an experienced fighter and she and touma never fought together, so the well-coordinated strategy would be difficult to pull of...

Never, since she never fought alongside him
Misaka can fight on her own. She can well handle those hound dogs and the scientist that conducts the experiments and she can easily beat up most of the "normals level" out their

as for combo attack, well in vol 8 when touma is recuing kuroko. She did help by after touma punch the tower back into hyperspace, she did fire her railgun to attac awaki. But then again awaki manage to escape to get even beaten

then their is from vol 13 but in vol 13 they go separate ways.... so they never fight along side their

Quote:

this mainly the problem that's why we view her as a burden to touma if they want to fight side by side in vol 21. She manage to sneak up from A.C. to go to Russia. But Russia is a war zone and in their the TOP TIER are gathering.

What can Mikoto do their?

Quote:
you forgot that even if Fiamma is exhausted in battle. He could just summon the JohnPen Mode index which is = to a Demon Lord because it's pack with all the magic knowledge out their. So their isn't much weak point against that guy.

Plus now that he got Sasha. From Sasha, he could exctract the telesma from Arch Angel Gabriel. And turn into a more overly strong one.

Quote:
I'm not saying Mikoto wouldn't be useful for Touma, i'm saying she would be about as useful as the Amakusa, and would take a similar role in helping Touma. Of course, she's individualy more powerful than anyone in the Amakusa, so she could be of help even against powerful enemies, under the right circumstances. But she would be a burden if she were to fight alongside Touma against these kind of enemies, unless there's someone else(like Kaori) who could provide help for both
I think Tatemiya Seiji "the Bro" is much more helpful than her or stronger.... maybe not combat power level because Misaka can easily blast seiji. At least Seiji can support touma ..... but it's more likely that the whole amakusa is better choice but the current problem is all the magicians of necesarius are in england and wouldn't even lay a helping hand to touma. Because of the "QUEEN" and I think it's also due to the arch bishop "LAURA". Those two schemers that created the remote control for index and now because of that. The enemy controls index.

Quote:
basically: Touma+Mikoto vs Top Tier magician = probably a burden
Touma+other powerful allies+mikoto = probably helpful(depends on how powerful are both the enemy and the allies)
Mikoto stays away from the battlefield and uses her power for long range attacks or support = most likely helpful
Best strategy concerning a combo of those two. It would be touma as the attacker and Misaka as a long range artillery and as an artillery. She should stay away as possible so she wouldn't be targeted + her ligthning attacks has range but her signature move wouldn't even give the enemies a scratch.... maybe a decoy ... no.
It's more appropriate that while touma is attacking. Misaka is attacking with long range and it gives the opponent hard time to attack.

Quote:
I don't know, she seems pretty good in Railgun manga...

It's truth that Mikoto wouldn't be able to handle Fiamma, But that's the case for anybody else. Touma has Lessar with him, surely you don't think she can handle Fiamma? At the same time, she isn't a burden (As far as I know), what you're saying is that Mikoto would do worse than Lessar?
No, when Fianmma attack the base while touma and lessar are having conversation with the other possible allies. No one stood a chance their and just a living target practice for Fianmma. If touma's not their to handle all the deadly attacks of Fianmma then they would all perished.
heck I don't even know the magic of Lessa........... We only know that N.L. is like what Oriana used to be. A transporter.

Quote:
Look I'm just saying why wouldn't you want Mikoto to watch his back? I mean, Touma has been making do with alot less before. For once to have a powerful Esper by his side no matter how you cut it, can only be seen as a huge bonus compared to the usual help he gets.
(That, and I admit to be bias to the idea of seeing Touma and Mikoto tag-team ever since rescuing Kuroko in Vol 8 )
She could help a lot here. Like in vol 13. When she handle all those pesky hound dogs because touma can't even compete against guns. And in Russia with tons of military power. Their would be bound special units that are aiming for Touma and Lessar. And if Mikoto is by their side then their wouldn't be a problem at all