AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-01, 21:15   Link #3281
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fates...37193493166070

Hello Fate/stay fans!

Fate/stay night will begin streaming this Saturday (10/4)! To celebrate, we are going to have a series of EPIC CONTESTS for a variety of Fate related prizes. We just need your help reaching our LIKE goals to get this launch party started!

2,000 likes: UBW memorial records (which were only available in the premier event)
3,000 likes: ufotable UBW poster (the one that looks like the DEEN version) with UBW chant.
5,000 likes: 3 sets of Fate/Zero (boths parts 1 and 2) in Bluray
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:19   Link #3282
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
They'll probably still be Servant advertisements and Saber and Shirou advertisements without Sakura (since obviously it's not completely assumed what will happen).
I doubt there will be much Shirou with Saber, at least not without Sakura and Rider as well. It's Sakura's route, not Saber's. And, doing a servant-based advert for HF would be odd, because Rider and (to an extent) Archer are the only servants who really matter in HF.

Quote:
Plus Kotomine will be advertised a heck of a lot, I mean they advertised him a lot in UBW and his role is utterly minor, they'll be pushing him hard due to the link with Zero as well as Shirou vs Kotomine.
Perhaps, but I doubt there will be much with him solo.
Old 2014-10-02, 10:10   Link #3283
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I doubt there will be much Shirou with Saber, at least not without Sakura and Rider as well. It's Sakura's route, not Saber's. And, doing a servant-based advert for HF would be odd, because Rider and (to an extent) Archer are the only servants who really matter in HF.

Perhaps, but I doubt there will be much with him solo.
It's Rin's route not Sabers route.... there's still Shirou and Saber. Come on now. Saber is still by far the most popular character. They'll still adverse her in HF much like how Rin isn't in every single UBW advertisement.

Also come on now, Kotomine will get a massive push your in denile if you think otherwise, every single piece of evidence implies as such. He's even been advertised as a part of the MC group in UBW despite having a minimal role in it what on earth would possess believe he wouldn't get a large push in HF.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:36   Link #3284
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Oh well, we'll get some good pics as well as that touching scene. All in all, in a route not our heroine's, a pretty good deal
Old 2014-10-02, 15:19   Link #3285
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
It's Rin's route not Sabers route.... there's still Shirou and Saber. Come on now. Saber is still by far the most popular character. They'll still adverse her in HF much like how Rin isn't in every single UBW advertisement.
No, UBW isn't Saber's route, but nor is it really Rin's route. It's more Shirou's route. Rin is just the love interest. Whereas HF is very definitely focussed on Sakura and her story.

Further, they've already done all the Saber pandering in the UBW promos, and UBW as a route contains far more Saber than HF does, and has much more of a Shirou/Saber relationship. So, I'd expect much less focus on Shirou/Saber in the HF promos.

Quote:
Also come on now, Kotomine will get a massive push your in denile if you think otherwise, every single piece of evidence implies as such. He's even been advertised as a part of the MC group in UBW despite having a minimal role in it what on earth would possess believe he wouldn't get a large push in HF.
I'm sure Kotomine will show up, yes. I doubt he'll get much solo promotional material, though.
Old 2014-10-02, 15:43   Link #3286
Amarantine

Quote:
Kotomine will get a massive push your in denile if you think otherwise, every single piece of evidence implies as such. He's even been advertised as a part of the MC group in UBW despite having a minimal role in it
I think the fact that Nakata Jouji is basically Type-Moon's spokesman in their promotional events these days may have played a part in that. Which is all the more reason I expect to see Kotomine getting lots of promotional material for HF.

At the end of the day though, all this promotional talk is pretty inconsequential. I couldn't care less if they don't promote him in advance much, as long as his role in the show itself is done justice. And that goes for every other character obviously.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 15:51   Link #3287
mirakura

Quote:
No, UBW isn't Saber's route, but nor is it really Rin's route. It's more Shirou's route. Rin is just the love interest. Whereas HF is very definitely focussed on Sakura and her story.

Further, they've already done all the Saber pandering in the UBW promos, and UBW as a route contains far more Saber than HF does, and has much more of a Shirou/Saber relationship. So, I'd expect much less focus on Shirou/Saber in the HF promos.

I'm sure Kotomine will show up, yes. I doubt he'll get much solo promotional material, though.
For some reason, I don't feel like arguing this. We're gonna find out anyway
Old 2014-10-02, 16:36   Link #3288
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

UBW is Rin's route face it. The main posters were massive Rin and archer with small saber and shirou, they're starting with the prologue again Rin as protagonist, almost every single piece of advertising has Rin as the main focus.

Look at the main HF poster, both Alter Saber and Illya (who is massive poster real estate wise) have fair more presence than Saber and Shirou in the primary UBW poster.

Even Rin has a sizeable presence and your telling me Saber, Illya and Rin, as well as kotomine won't get a sizeable marketing push? Your joking right? You can't be this unaware of how advertising works. Sakura isn't even Rin popularity wise, they will use other characters to push HF. She will get the main focus, but it won't be half as Sakura centric as you think. It's not even half as Sakura centric as you think right now.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2014-10-02 at 16:47.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:08   Link #3289
HtwoN

Quote:

Rin is not focused in UBW as much as Sakura is in HF, or Saber in Fate for a simple reason: her development is the most balanced. Fate introduces her personality. UBW solves her problem with the death of her father. HF solves her problem with her sister. Nasu chose to stretch her out in all 3 routes, instead of cramming all into 1 single route like the other 2. She is a main character in all 3 routes, beside Shirou. So if you ask me who is the main heroine of the whole Fate SN, I will say that's Rin.

And I may remind you that Rin is the one who shines the most in HF. Also, she will get a huge popularity boost after UBW series. So I expect Rin will show up a lot in HF promo as well.

Saber is a huge mascot of Fate franchise, so she cannot be left out either. That's why she shows up a lot in UBW promos. Sakura is really far from as popular as either Rin or Saber.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:16   Link #3290
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Guys, do we really have to go through another “which chick is the focus in which route”-debate for the 198364144189335th time? Seriously, how many times do you have to repeat the same topic before (and will probably happen again during and after) the show aired until you're satisfied?
Old 2014-10-02, 18:27   Link #3291
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Saber is a huge mascot of Fate franchise, so she cannot be left out either. That's why she shows up a lot in UBW promos. Sakura is really far from as popular as either Rin or Saber.
Sakura has come a long way since the first popularity poll though, where she came in behind both Rider and Illya. She's now the 4th most popular FSN character besides the seemingly unbeatable trio of Saber, Archer and Rin. Fate/Zero probably helped by earning her a lot of sympathy, I would wager.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:33   Link #3292
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
Sakura has come a long way since the first popularity poll though, where she came in behind both Rider and Illya. She's now the 4th most popular FSN character besides the seemingly unbeatable trio of Saber, Archer and Rin. Fate/Zero probably helped by earning her a lot of sympathy, I would wager.
You can expect the gap between her and the "unbeatable trio" becomes far greater after UBW series. The trio will remain as invincible as always.

Things can change for her after HF movies. But then, Rider and Illya will be back, Rin will shine more and we we will have Saber alter. So I can't really tell...
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 18:38   Link #3293
mirakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
You can expect the gap between her and the "unbeatable trio" become far greater after UBW series. The trio will remain as invincible as always.

Things can change for her after HF movies. But then, Rider and Illya will be back, Rin will shine more and we we will have Saber alter. So I can't really tell...
My point exactly
Old 2014-10-02, 19:39   Link #3294
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You people are forgetting that Shirou's popularity would most likely sky-rocket as well. Once "secondaries" (as MAL users call anime-only-watchers) get to know "GARcher's" backstory and finally see "OMGppldiewhenthaayarekilud sexist boy" doing more than just screaming (mostly "SEIBAAAAA", source: "Fate/stay kitchen" and "DEEEEEEN!"), then he will be received more positively on polls as well. Escpacially once HF comes and 9 lives happens.

I am serious here. If the sexist aspects and lack of explanation for his behaviour destroyed Shirou's popularity in the DEEN anime series from 2006 (=Fate/stay kitchen), then once again the lack of explanation of Shirou's behaviour, but this time instead of sexism his constant "shounen-protagonist-screaming" was what made people dislike Shirou again in the UBW movie from 2010 (=DEEEEEEN [finds a way]!).

All of this can go to hell, escpacially since both "Fate/stay kitchen", as well as "DEEEEEEN!" have been removed from the canon, according to that magazine article, where those 2 adaptions were missing.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

and my hate for DEEN is actually based on their EVEN WORSE adaption of Umineko no naku koro ni, where they didn't get the music even remotely right (and bad sales of the anime cause the 2nd half to never ever be adapted, well done DEEN).

Last edited by GreyZone; 2014-10-02 at 20:00.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 23:12   Link #3295
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

One of the only things DEEN did right (well, to what I know) is Higurashi. I loved that thing.

Anyway, will this thread be active while ufoFSN is airing tomorrow? Since everyone will be posting in the episode threads.
Old 2014-10-03, 00:56   Link #3296
Lorhand

There, Sakura. Now be content.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 00:58   Link #3297
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Not enough. HF get in production already...

Should we discuss everything Zero only watchers will say when watching ufoFSN UBW?
Old 2014-10-03, 01:24   Link #3298
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
Not enough. HF get in production already...

Should we discuss everything Zero only watchers will say when watching ufoFSN UBW?
Spoiler:

There.

Btw, "secondaries" is hardly a term only the people from MAL use. The first time I saw this word being used was on a blog about secondary Touhou fans many years ago. Anime is secondary source material in this case, so I guess those who only watch the anime are "secondaries".
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 02:06   Link #3299
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Spoiler:

There.

Btw, "secondaries" is hardly a term only the people from MAL use. The first time I saw this word being used was on a blog about secondary Touhou fans many years ago. Anime is secondary source material in this case, so I guess those who only watch the anime are "secondaries".
I only watch the anime of Type/Moon so far but I can already tell that all of that is pretty much nonsense from people very badly missing the point in general for both Fate/Zero and Stay/Night. I feel like the term secondary ought to just be replaced with lack of common sense and people unwilling to pay attention to what actually matters and can call it a day. Maybe what Dai Sato was ranting about these days is true, too many people have lost the ability to follow a narrative and understand themes and character interactions and what they mean in the long run and consider those kinds of elements a waste of time and anything that's immediately recognizable as mature content as well. I hope humanity isn't losing it's artistic sense and imagination but it kind of makes one worry reading some of the stuff people have to say about film, music and other forms of media that just miss the point entirely.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 02:27   Link #3300
Theminimanx

These quotes are comedy gold. Could you tell me where you found them?
Theminimanx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable