AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 05:43   Link #4101
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

from 00P right ? am I the only one that think that they look much cooler when they're young
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 08:28   Link #4102
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Moreno looks so different lol Ian looks like a young punk lol.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:17   Link #4103
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Wow. They raped two excellent designs into two less-than-generic characters.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 12:15   Link #4104
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
ummmm wow talk about a 180 change but I've seen such things in real life though LOL.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 12:36   Link #4105
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

00P Ian looks like a young punk with an old man's head

Talk about weird
Old 2008-04-23, 18:58   Link #4106
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Talk about luck. He would have been lost in space. That GN Drive belongs to Kyrios BTW and they did not bother to rescue Al when thet pick that up.

They also past by Tieria. 874 propose rescuing him, but Fon suggest otherwise. Kyrios' GN Drive finally ended up on Wong's hand.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 00:15   Link #4107
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

What!? They all just abandoned the Ptolemaios Meisters?
Old 2008-04-24, 04:36   Link #4108
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Talk about luck. He would have been lost in space. That GN Drive belongs to Kyrios BTW and they did not bother to rescue Al when thet pick that up.

They also past by Tieria. 874 propose rescuing him, but Fon suggest otherwise. Kyrios' GN Drive finally ended up on Wong's hand.
That doesn't make sense though. Tieria ejected his drive, but Allelujah wasn't shown to have done so. So for them to get Kyrios' drive they'd have to get it out of Kyrios first. It'd be easier to just take Kyrios itself. It'd make more sense for it to be Nadeeh's drive since it was ejected.
Old 2008-04-24, 05:14   Link #4109
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Well, the Meisters "failed" in some sense, and true to CB fashion, they're"failures" and have to be abandoned so that they can get their hands on GN Drives.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 05:59   Link #4110
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
That doesn't make sense though. Tieria ejected his drive, but Allelujah wasn't shown to have done so. So for them to get Kyrios' drive they'd have to get it out of Kyrios first. It'd be easier to just take Kyrios itself. It'd make more sense for it to be Nadeeh's drive since it was ejected.
The chapter doesn't really reveal whether Setsuna or Allelujah ejected the GN Drive (neither of them are shown), but Fon just finds it floating around and Hanayo comments that the Meister might have been captured since it had been near a UN ship... So its possible that Allelujah (or Setsuna, I guess), in order for the GN Drive to not fall into enemy hands, ejected the drive before the UN Army got to him.

Tieria actually makes a brief cameo inside the Nadleeh though.
Old 2008-04-24, 07:03   Link #4111
firmem

Thank you for youtube link!
firmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 11:08   Link #4112
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The chapter doesn't really reveal whether Setsuna or Allelujah ejected the GN Drive (neither of them are shown), but Fon just finds it floating around and Hanayo comments that the Meister might have been captured since it had been near a UN ship... So its possible that Allelujah (or Setsuna, I guess), in order for the GN Drive to not fall into enemy hands, ejected the drive before the UN Army got to him.

I though that it was Tieria GN drive - and probably he/she get captured by the UN force kind of explain the Tieria/Regene (if they're the same person) in EF uniform
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:48   Link #4113
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post

This is why I tend to distrust some of what MakubeX2 tends to post. He has a habit of leaving out important details and just assumes things. That changes what he said in the Allelujah topic completely as he stated outright that Allelujah had been captured. You say that it's only possible. Plus I felt it'd be wrong for something like that to be revealed only a few weeks after the series had aired in one of hte side stories. It something they'd leave as late as possible to reveal.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:45   Link #4114
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Plus I felt it'd be wrong for something like that to be revealed only a few weeks after the series had aired in one of hte side stories. It something they'd leave as late as possible to reveal.
Well, like I've said before, the manga sidestories are written by Tomohiro Chiba, one of the guys who help plan the story of 00... So it makes sense that he would have access to plot points like this in his manga.

Its not the first time critical plots are revealed in either the Astray or the 00 sidestory mangas either... Dullindal for example was revealed to have connections with Logos way before he started doing "villainous" things in the anime.

Anyway, I expect them to delve a bit into the four timeskipped years in the next few chapters too, now that Fon is the only active Meister left. So don't be surprised if other spoilerish info start popping up, including the reason for the formation of the Earth Sphere Federation.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:48   Link #4115
Terra

Care to give what the 00 critical plot points are? I don't recall any big ones from the bits I've heard of. And this one is too big, and not something the anime has left out by accident. But done on purpose. Revealing it in 00F would ruin that. The guy writing it would know that if he's directly involved with the main series. So I don't see him revealing something before the anime this big.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:59   Link #4116
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Care to give what the 00 critical plot points are? I don't recall any big ones from the bits I've heard of. And this one is too big, and not something the anime has left out by accident. But done on purpose. Revealing it in 00F would ruin that. The guy writing it would know that if he's directly involved with the main series. So I don't see him revealing something before the anime this big.
IMO the "being captured" thing is more of a backstory thing that they typically reveal before a TV season starts anyway (ie in Code Geass, where all of the cliffhangers come to a halt when they revealed everyone being alive and what they had been up to). So I really don't see it as an OMG SPOILER that you see it as. Its just more hype fodder.
Old 2008-04-24, 18:03   Link #4117
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-416.html

Mizushima's interview in June 08 issue of Gundam Ace regarding Season 1's message, Season 2's direction, what to expect for Season 2 and of course more info regarding the "Masked Character"

No time to do a word for word translation here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 18:04   Link #4118
Terra

Quote:
IMO the "being captured" thing is more of a backstory thing that they typically reveal before a TV season starts anyway (ie in Code Geass, where all of the cliffhangers come to a halt when they revealed everyone being alive and what they had been up to). So I really don't see it as an OMG SPOILER that you see it as. Its just more hype fodder.
Yes I can see that kind of info coming out before the second season airs. Just not so soon after the first season has finished and so long before the second season. But with the clarification that it's just a possibility, it just adds to the questions of what happened to the meisters. It's expanded on the mystery, not answered it. And at this point in time it fits better for it to be that way.
Old 2008-04-24, 22:01   Link #4119
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Official Site Updates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota

The main site's MS profiles were also updated:

-Celestial Being-
MS:
GNR-001D GN Arms Type-D
Overall length: 47.4 m
Overall width: 36.2 m
Overall height: 15.3 m
Armament: Long-range beam cannon, super large GN missle pod
"A GN Armor combination of a GN Arms and the Dynames, called the Type D to distinguish it from the Exia-use version. Able to be used even without a pilot in the GN Arms thanks to the support of Haro, it can't be controlled independently after separating. Has specialized equipment for artillery combat, including a long-range beam cannon and super large GN missle pod."

-Union-
MS:
SVMS-01O Over Flag
Head height: 17.9 m
Base weight: 69.7 t
"The custom unit of the Over Flags, the anti-Gundam investigation team officially established within the Union forces as a parent organization. The end of the model number carries the designation 'O (Over)'. Similar to Graham's custom SVMS-01E Custom Flag, it's equipped with a high-output flight unit and includes a number of enhancements compared to the normal Flag. But it doesn't use hazard factors like an anti-G limiter release."

SVMS-01X Union Flag Custom II (nickname "GN Flag")
Head height: 17.9 m
Base weight: 74.2 t
"A Flag equipped with a pseudo-solar furnace. Created by Billy to meet Graham's expectations. Disregarding the original design, it largely lacks unit balance in order to force the installation of a pseudo-solar furnace. To use its main armament, a beam saber, it's necessary to move the solar furnace from the back to the arm. The subthrusters on the legs have the functionality of defense rods."

-AEU-
MS:
AEU-09Y812/A Saachez Custom AEU Enact Custom Agrissa Type
Head height: 17.6 m
Base weight: 66.2 t
"A tuned-up, improved prototype of the Enact for the PMC's Saachez. The blade rifle comes out from the tip of the large sonic blade. Increasing the amount of fixed armaments, the sonic blade is built into the arm. The unit's appearance comes from a special coating for dealing with plasma."

Agrissa
"A large weapon deployed during the 5th Solar Conflict. Used in combination with a mobile suit. It employs a powerful plasma field. The unit's appearance comes from a special coating for dealing with plasma."

AEU-05G AEU Hellion (PMC color)
Head height: 15.4 m
Base weight: 67.0 t
"AEU Hellion ground-type. Armor reinforced and without flight capabilities. The ones used by the PMC aren't especially different from the AEU version."

AEU-05 AEU Hellion Capture Type
Head height: 15.4 m
Base weight: 58.2 t
"Hellion with special equipment to capture Gundams. Its linear shield captures targets through strong control of its own magnetic properties. Common materials can't break free as long as the power supply lasts. Naturally, a Gundam is no exception."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 04:32   Link #4120
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

ROFL. Patrick has the comic relief plot-shield XD
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers