AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2007-12-18, 16:33   Link #61
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Hmmm. What went wrong in Bleach? I feel like I can wrap up everything that went wrong in Bleach in a nice, simple list.

1. The SS arc finished
End of list
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 14:29   Link #62
itachi29al

tOO MANY CHARCTER TO FOLLOW AND A LACK OF DIFFERENT ABILITIES AMONG THE MAIN CHARCTERS.
Old 2007-12-23, 22:01   Link #63
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Not enough Isshin Kurosaki!
Old 2007-12-23, 23:32   Link #64
sabret00the

It all went wrong from they started allying with Soul Society.

Ichigo then needed to power up and there was no where for him to go so in order to show his growth everyone else got made weaker and it was just stupid. i.e. you compare the fact that Ichigo drew with Kenpachi and yet lost to Espada 5 so easily while Kenpachi isn't even serious yet. And what was the point of making Chad power up only to lose straight away. It's dumb. I was excited by the Prospect of the three kings or in their current form the three princes. the relationships that can unify the three worlds Hollow (Chad), Quincy (Ishida) and Shimigami (Ichigo) but it seems that Ishida and Chad won't be allowed to become stronger than captains.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:22   Link #65
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
It all went wrong from they started allying with Soul Society.

but it seems that Ishida and Chad won't be allowed to become stronger than captains.

Since when were they more powerful than captains?, Ishida is plausible but he didnt beat mayuri, mayuri lives, and Ishida had to sacrifice all his quincy abilities, chad gets owned no matter what, but bleach never went wrong, its still going and we're still watching/ reading so its a sucess in most regards
Blood_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:48   Link #66
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

When usally I give up on a show manga I rarely Bitch about the show as I simply stop caring i.e. stop posting . So I stayed clear from this thread . As I pretty much dont think Bleach has gone down the drain

When I said HM = Lousy many people were under the impression my deep bias is clouding my reasoning . But now thats almost majority's opinion :Banzai:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Hmmm. What went wrong in Bleach? I feel like I can wrap up everything that went wrong in Bleach in a nice, simple list.

1. The SS arc finished
End of list
QFT one of the best answers in the whole thread
Old 2009-05-05, 05:00   Link #67
kitten320

What went wrong?
First thing is that all good guys are immortal That is the biggest minus in series!

There are also some mistakes and not understandings about characters powers...

Spoiler for manga:

Also we have stuck on fights too much. I like fights but I think we should move on with plot more.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 05:12   Link #68
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What went wrong with Bleach?

Kubo started taking Acid
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 09:45   Link #69
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Spoiler for manga:
I didn't like that part either tbh. It would've been a lot better if...
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2009-05-05, 10:39   Link #70
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I didn't like that part either tbh. It would've been a lot better if...
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-05-05, 10:46   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For me, bleach went terribly wrong after "the antagonist". The chapters just stopped being interesting, anything new that happened was average, even the unexpected parts.
There is, of course, the matter of Ichigo's character being one-sided, and his friends being just his lackeys ever since their side-stories were finished, but more than anything, it's the fact that Aizen has been the main villain for over 150 chapters now, and the good guys have done nothing but get their asses handed to them by his goons. Battles that were meant to be short turned out to last forever, and while the espada are finally narrowing down, nothing stops KT from unleashing the secret hollow corps that will kick everyone's ass and then dish out the vizards to help, and then go back to the main cast....this is so boring I can't type anymore
note: the thread title says [manga], no need for spoiler tags~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 11:02   Link #72
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Im gonna say the same thing that happens with most really REALLY long anime/mangas...theyve just run out of ideas so theres just nothing good left to right for them take inuyasha for example was good but went on too long
Old 2009-05-05, 11:08   Link #73
kakakka

Place where people can b*tch about Bleach...Awesome

Ok. Things that i think needed to be improved...

1) SS people getting too much screen time.
- Due to popular demand, Soul Reapers from SS got more screen time, overshadowing the peeps that need it most. SS people are already awesome, I get it. But the screen time should have focused on the main protagonists, since they need those screen time to show their development. Well, instead, they are left to crumble and amount to nothing...

2) Dragged on meaning less fights.
- Kenpachi/Nnotria, Szayel/all, etc. These fight got dragged on and on and all their fights only accomplished is that one side wins. If the battle chapters have meaning (like Ulquiorra Antagonist Arc, IMO) I wouldn't have mind. But I don't feel any special regarding those fights and I think they were just waste of chapter pages....

3) Inconsistent Power-Levels during fights
- Teh whole "Enemy powered up, Hero is screwed. Next chapter, Hero powered-up, Enemy got screwed. Next Chapter, Hero talks about how he/she/it better than the Enemy" formula. Might not follow the whole sequence, but the fights most of the time follows the almost the same formula. It's getting boring at times, and is the source of bashing, rants, etc etc.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 11:12   Link #74
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

At least somewhere it is allowed and no one will get mad

And I agree with your points
Old 2009-05-05, 13:05   Link #75
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I will base my arguement on 4 simple ideas

Ichigo has a faucet power which he can unleash with little to no effort e.g: Grimmjow fight

Ichigo cannot die and even if he does he cheats death and comes back stronger, unless he is a super saiyan it is not plausible. Also he HAS to beat the enemy with no back up even one that had beaten him just 18 minutes again and was losing to him a few seconds ago just because his Hollow or his powers evolved at the last second with no back up showing his powers slowly growing other than him actually beating them

Too many characters, 1 Dimensional backstories or no backstory at all

Villains are also 1-D and cannot survive in this series, like in Naruto it took a long time for most of the villains died

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 15:36   Link #76
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Ok. Things that i think needed to be improved...

1) SS people getting too much screen time.
- Due to popular demand, Soul Reapers from SS got more screen time, overshadowing the peeps that need it most. SS people are already awesome, I get it. But the screen time should have focused on the main protagonists, since they need those screen time to show their development. Well, instead, they are left to crumble and amount to nothing...

2) Dragged on meaning less fights.
- Kenpachi/Nnotria, Szayel/all, etc. These fight got dragged on and on and all their fights only accomplished is that one side wins. If the battle chapters have meaning (like Ulquiorra Antagonist Arc, IMO) I wouldn't have mind. But I don't feel any special regarding those fights and I think they were just waste of chapter pages....

3) Inconsistent Power-Levels during fights
- Teh whole "Enemy powered up, Hero is screwed. Next chapter, Hero powered-up, Enemy got screwed. Next Chapter, Hero talks about how he/she/it better than the Enemy" formula. Might not follow the whole sequence, but the fights most of the time follows the almost the same formula. It's getting boring at times, and is the source of bashing, rants, etc etc.

i like lots of stories, it would be a great idea to do a ark with only ss characters, like something happens, and we see different SS characters troughout the evenments. i think ichigo could get less screentime, because right now i wanna know more about other character since ichigo's story is getting rapidly boring
Old 2009-05-05, 16:08   Link #77
SeanQ

What went wrong...
1. Ichigo is a boring main character.
2. Ichigo's powerups makes no sense.
i.e: Grimmjow kicks Ichigo's ass w/ normal attacks, then busts out his best move, and Ichigo breaks through it like everything before that did not matter...because he's screaming while attacking this time
3. In most stories, you can see the main antagonist losing, in Bleach, it's hard to believe that Aizen will fail...because he's always one step ahead, and that's what is stupid, is that if he fails, it won't make much sense either, but he will so yeah...
4. Espadas are weak sauces...
Old 2009-05-05, 16:25   Link #78
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
4. Espadas are weak sauces...
I agree with 4, before this even the normal Arrancar were a threat now everyone and their uncle can beat an Espada who were hyped, Ichigo I can understand he is a vaizard but I still don't agree with the death of some Espada but Rukia kills an Espada who has consumed a lot of Hollows with no help.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 19:03   Link #79
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Hmm, I have to agree with some who said that fights were becoming less attractive. It doesn't contain the soul of Soul Society chapter...those were the good old days...

Aside from recent uninspired fights I like to see some plot (if there is any planned in the future) and to finally give screentime to other unused characters like Isane Kotetsu, Retsu Unohana, Sajin and Hisagi as well.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:51   Link #80
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
i like lots of stories, it would be a great idea to do a ark with only ss characters, like something happens, and we see different SS characters troughout the evenments. i think ichigo could get less screentime, because right now i wanna know more about other character since ichigo's story is getting rapidly boring
I'm not against their appearance. But when I feel that the main character(s) are not improving/getting stagnant and oh so boring/being overshadowed by other characters, there is definitely something that needs to be done. The creator needs to improve the characters that are the main reason for the whole story.

But I think that's just my opinion.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote