AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 05:48   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Aquarion Series anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Aquarion Series which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 09:52   Link #2
Bombo
TSF Fans

Question : Should i watch aquarion Evol or the first season? first time watching
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 02:08   Link #3
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Question : Should i watch aquarion Evol or the first season? first time watching
They're seperate from each other but you might understand EVOL more by watching the OS as well. It makes references towards the first series.
Old 2012-04-07, 04:13   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
They're seperate from each other but you might understand EVOL more by watching the OS as well. It makes references towards the first series.
Actually it's not so much about 'understanding', as it is more about 'appreciating' all the little references they put into the show.

So I would say no, you don't need to watch Genesis, but it wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-08 at 16:27.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 14:02   Link #5
queenSwild

What was Apollo's element power? I thought it was his super smell, but apparently it's not? :/
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 14:15   Link #6
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
What was Apollo's element power? I thought it was his super smell, but apparently it's not? :/
never stated from what i can remember though in the episode that was one Ecstasy, they showed him with wings.
Old 2012-04-08, 15:07   Link #7
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
They never explained it: super smell, red aura, very animalistic like a dog or wolf - wild child, he even manged in one episode to make wings on his back.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:01   Link #8
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Does anyone know if Kawamori-san actually said which characters are the reincarnations of the characters from the previous series? I read somewhere that he did say who is who...unless that person was wrong and I'm getting my hopes up LOL
Winged_Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:10   Link #9
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Does anyone know if Kawamori-san actually said which characters are the reincarnations of the characters from the previous series? I read somewhere that he did say who is who...unless that person was wrong and I'm getting my hopes up LOL
nope, they've actually been pretty tight lipped
Old 2012-05-24, 10:35   Link #10
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Where can I read/watch about Celiane and Apollo (instead of small flash backs)?
Old 2012-05-24, 11:00   Link #11
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

In the original series, Genesis of Aquarion?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 12:36   Link #12
Iteza

I think that their story is more shown in OVA's so you can start with them.
Iteza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:08   Link #13
kuromitsu

As far as I remember there's not a whole lot about them in the OVAs either (and those are sort of an alternate retelling anyway). Their story didn't get much attention except for some basic information, some flashbacks and a rather vague timeline.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:31   Link #14
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I do believe we see more of them (the originals, if that's what we're talking about) in the original series, even if only slightly.
Also, to clear up any kind of confusion, Celiane is the original, from 24.000 years ago.
Apollo is a reincarnation of the Angel Apollonius, and lived 12.000 years ago - his story is one of the central points of the original series, in all honesty.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 12:18   Link #15
Jao
panchi~

Should I watch the Genesis OVAs or the movie if I was only going to watch one?

I've seen the original series already.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:52   Link #16
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
So I have a question, let's see how I can explain it the best. I'm an old fan of the series Sousei no Aquarion, but I didn't think the show had that big of a fan base. With it being around 7 years old, (I think that's right) how does a series like that get a sequel. Don't get me wrong I love Aquarion Evol as much as the old series, but I was really was unaware that things like this could happen. Unless it was more popular than I thought, but 7 years still seems like such a long time. It looks like the new series is doing alright, and it's bringing more to watch the older series.

Was it something like a gamble just tossing it out there and see what happens? I'm not really all together on the anime world as a business point of view. It just seemed a little weird to come back to watching anime consistently again to find on of my favorites from so long ago has came out with another season. One that I didn't know really had a big enough fan base.

Does this happen a lot, like series you thought were dead just come back to life? Just thought I ask to see if anyone else knows were I'm coming from on this.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:56   Link #17
Destined_Fate

It isn't that strange for a Mecha series that starts out as a cult following to grow in popularity over a long stretch of time. You have to thank things like Super Robot Wars(One of the most popular Mecha Crossover series in Japan) Z, anything Mecha that SRW seems to touch suddenly gets a huge rise in popularity in Japan anyway, which introduced a lot of Mecha fans to Aquarion for the first time and got them interested enough to watch it.

Ever wonder why when a new Super Robot Wars game comes out and adds in an old series that said old series start make a killing off models, toys, and stuff? It's pretty much every Mecha animes dream to get in things like SRW because it's basically free advertising on a massive scale that gets the attention of many Mecha fans from all corners of Japan.

For example, Hades Project Zeroymer wasn't al that popular. It was than put in a few Super Robot Wars games and suddenly people started careing(and buying things related to it) about it and even requested that it be brought back for the final chapter of the SRW Z saga. SRW also has a history of fixing things, like how SRW Z and L fixed Gundam Seed Destiny's plot so well that the VA of Shinn said that was the the real Shinn in his heart. They even fixed the Code Geass ending in the recent SRW z2.2 without trampling on anyones toes and actually making it turn out extremely well. Fans thought Lelouch in the Anime was badass, if only they knew the SRW z2.2 Lelouch who took his badassery to the 11 if you choose to defy Ohgi and Believe in Zero.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 01:18   Link #18
VTHokiePride

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to post this question. Anyway, do you guys think there will be another season after Aquarion Evol? I was thinking that it may not have one since some people on the forum didn't like the writing. While I wasn't a fan of the writing either, I was pretty satisfied with the conclusion of Aquarion Evol after the series ended.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 01:24   Link #19
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I wasn't sure where to post this question. Anyway, do you guys think there will be another season after Aquarion Evol? I was thinking that it may not have one since some people on the forum didn't like the writing. While I wasn't a fan of the writing either, I was pretty satisfied with the conclusion of Aquarion Evol after the series ended.
Spoiler for Answer with Speculations from the anime:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 21:33   Link #20
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Answer with Speculations from the anime:
I figured as much. I search on the web for a bit and people have been posting comments of a new season coming May 2015. Other than that, I haven't seen anything and just comments on videos aren't that credible.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a