Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-07, 12:43   Link #681
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelt View Post
Anyone think that Sasuke moment holds any meaning in the final chapter? Him turning around and grabbing his weapon. And his final panel is a view from the top of a tree looking down on him. Maybe someone is watching him?
I thought it was just him reacting to salad shanarooing him lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Terrible ending. It's not that the events of chapter 700 were bad (although they were), but there should have been at least 2-3 chapters before the time skip concluding the events of the war. Chapter 700 should have been Chapter 702 or Chapter 703.

I'm annoyed they didn't wrap up the war. They spent 300+ chapters on that drawn out plot, and they abruptly finish it in two chapters. What happened to Orochimaru and his gang? Sasuke's gang? The kages? How did the villages reconcile after the war? Way too many questions. The Narutoverse lore has always been very weak (compared to say, the world of One Piece), but this is just sad. Maybe the movie will explain the aftermath? Movies tend to have their own plots though. Regardless, they really should have explained everything in the manga since the manga has always been the canon.

I don't understand the decision to conclude Naruto in two chapters when you have spent 700 chapters getting here. What the fuck was the rush?

As for chapter 700, the last thing I care about in the Narutoverse is showing all the minor characters with no meaningful character development for 700 chapters, and how they hooked up. Romance was never a serious plot, but they end it on romance. In a shonen. Weird.

The saddest part of everything is Yamato. Dude had a major role after the original time-skip as the new leader of "Team 7", with major screen time up until his capture. Then they forgot about him. For 200+ chapters. Yamato gets one panel in the last two chapters and no dialog or mentions. It's sad because he was actually one of the more enjoyable and intelligent characters in this series.

Hope the movie saves this poor ending.
all i can say is wait for the anime they like adding scenes to make it longer....hey it even made the Nagato redemption believable so i have faith in it.
Old 2014-11-07, 12:47   Link #682
itachi-san314

how is tenten even alive after sex with lee?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:49   Link #683
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
how is tenten even alive after sex with lee?
I'm pretty sure, by her personality, and the dynamics of their relationship, she's the one on top
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:54   Link #684
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
So you just wanted battles with no deeper meaning to it
No and yes.. I like things mixed but they have to be made with taste. If you are going to write romance, you have to do it well. And too much is too much. All the pairings that happened are obvious fan service and now I feel that it was fan service especially favoring taste of female audience.

Actually I am very pro romance guy and that is precisely the reason why I complain now. If you can't do like Rumiko Takahashi in Maison Ikkoku, don't bother do it at all ah.. I'm joking.. but at least it should make sense and shounen manga should stick with shounen pairings even though the demographic of readers changes more towards women. I realize now that many things I didn't like in Naruto were additions that favored female fanbase who wanted this more family and pairing oriented manga, where everyone would end up making family with someone. That's how all the fanfiction about Naruto is like, at least what I have seen, and they have been made by female fans.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:57   Link #685
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
No and yes.. I like things mixed but they have to be made with taste. If you are going to write romance, you have to do it well. And too much is too much. All the pairings that happened are obvious fan service and now I feel that it was fan service especially favoring taste of female audience.

Actually I am very pro romance guy and that is precisely the reason why I complain now. If you can't do like Rumiko Takahashi in Maison Ikkoku, don't bother do it at all ah.. I'm joking.. but at least it should make sense and shounen manga should stick with shounen pairings even though the demographic of readers changes more towards women. I realize now that many things I didn't like in Naruto were additions that favored female fanbase who wanted this more family and pairing oriented manga, where everyone would end up making family with someone. That's how all the fanfiction about Naruto is like, at least what I have seen, and they have been made by female fans.
I hope no one kills me for saying that... but aren't the majority of the female readers Fujoshi, i.e. mostly yaoi shippers?
Old 2014-11-07, 12:57   Link #686
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
I made quick Google search and I came to conclusion that more girls read Naruto than boys. Now I understand why Naruto became so cheesy. And why pairings became so damn important part of Naruto, which used to be so cool for totally different reasons. Women just love this love love stuff and Kishi had to add more relationship and family stuff in Naruto, and I disliked all of that so much. As I said SasuSaku and NaruHIna are shoujo pairings not shounen pairings. We have certainly a target demographic showing itself here.
Oh please. Not all boys like guns, fighting, and war. Not all girls like romance, pink, and fashion.

Do you know who many of the craziest shippers in Naruto are? Guys! And Naruto was cheesy from the beginning.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:58   Link #687
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
lol don't give them anymore ideas than they already have; though I don't think it can get much worse than petitioning to ban Naruto from USA or denying the entire thing and claiming its all a genjitsu lol
Honestly, the most entertaining thing about the ending was the reaction from NaruSaku fans. I've never seen such denial about anything in my life. Hell, they were just getting excited about a countdown clock to when chapters 699 and 700 will be released. Some are convinced what we saw were fakes and the REAL chapters(with Naruto x Sakura) will be released November 10th. Apparently they forgot we got the early leaks and Japan will get the same chapters. And yes, there is more genjutsu talk.

All of it would be funny, if there weren't people actually threatening Kishimoto's well-being and life because they didn't get a stupid pairing. That is sick.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:58   Link #688
Pablete
Banned

Of course, let's blame the female fandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I hope no one kills me for saying that... but aren't the majority of the female readers Fujoshi, i.e. mostly yaoi shippers?
Kakairu, Sasunaru, Hashimada, Kakayama, etc, etc, etc.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 13:01   Link #689
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Oh please. Not all boys like guns, fighting, and war. Not all girls like romance, pink, and fashion.

Do you know who many of the craziest shippers in Naruto are? Guys! And Naruto was cheesy from the beginning.
I never claimed that. But in general it's teenage girls who love to draw pairing fanarts. And Naruto has become just like those picture. Co-incidence? I think not.

Naruto was always cheesy, but not nearly as cheesy it end up to be.

Old 2014-11-07, 13:03   Link #690
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I never claimed that. But in general it's teenage girls who love to draw pairing fanarts. And Naruto has become just like those picture. Co-incidence? I think not.

Naruto was always cheesy, but not nearly as cheesy it end up to be.
As I said, most female shippers are probably yaoi shippers, so they have nothing to do with Naruto ending up with either Naruto or Sakura.

sounds a bit generalizing, but after I saw certain statistics of participants in anime/manga conventions, the world order I once believed in was crushed.
Old 2014-11-07, 13:06   Link #691
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
Of course, let's blame the female fandom
Well If I recall right from my child hood, it always went like this. Me and bunch of other little dudes were having perfectly nice play going on, when some girls insisted that they had to get in our play. We really didn't want that, but daycare nanny would get pissed off so we let them in. And suddenly suggestions arised that Heman should be dad, Skeletor should be mommy, and battle cat should be their child. And then play was ruined.

Old 2014-11-07, 13:10   Link #692
Pablete
Banned

That's bullshit, they can't go and force Kishimoto, and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Honestly, the most entertaining thing about the ending was the reaction from NaruSaku fans. I've never seen such denial about anything in my life. Hell, they were just getting excited about a countdown clock to when chapters 699 and 700 will be released. Some are convinced what we saw were fakes and the REAL chapters(with Naruto x Sakura) will be released November 10th. Apparently they forgot we got the early leaks and Japan will get the same chapters. And yes, there is more genjutsu talk.

All of it would be funny, if there weren't people actually threatening Kishimoto's well-being and life because they didn't get a stupid pairing. That is sick.
You'll see this happening again if not worse from the Cult when
Spoiler:

Old 2014-11-07, 13:25   Link #693
cyberdemon

wow. I was reading another forum and someone who was able to see a NaruSaku forum said that many people on the forum were threatening to commit suicide...
Old 2014-11-07, 13:28   Link #694
Pablete
Banned

What the hell!? Are they JB's fans?
Old 2014-11-07, 13:40   Link #695
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Link me to these forum pls!
Old 2014-11-07, 13:45   Link #696
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Link me to these forum pls!
NaruSaku forums are locked up to prevent us seeing any crying but I did find this juicy morsel:

http://imgur.com/a/XKwJ4#0

screenshots of salty NaruSaku posts

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2014-11-07 at 13:57.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 13:45   Link #697
Kazu-kun

I thought most people didn't care about this manga all that much at this point. It seems I was wrong...
Old 2014-11-07, 14:03   Link #698
Alchemist007
*Author

These ships aren't made of wood, they're made of drugs.
Old 2014-11-07, 14:03   Link #699
Pablete
Banned

I think I just spotted a user from the "Hall" that is continuously posting in this thread.
Old 2014-11-07, 14:10   Link #700
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I thought most people didn't care about this manga all that much at this point. It seems I was wrong...
It a very vocal minority. Those of us who remained I imagine are either satisfied that it has come to a close and on a pretty good note as well or are ambivalent towards the ending in general since resigning to the manga's fate ages ago.

NaruSaku zealots (those that cannot cope with the end) are basically doing a massive rage quit all across the internet. One site's even locked down entirely. I guess none of them got the theme of "facing problems head on" all that much.

That said all this delicious salt over the manga is entertaining. Seeing an image of someone tossing out their Naruto merchandise over a simple pairing is an incredibly fun pastime and ensure most of us won't be bored in the coming months between the Last and the new series in Spring.
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion