AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 23:01   Link #201
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I resemble that remark!
Don't worry, 90% of the men likes women with glasses and i m among those 90% as well

Plus, Misaki is the finer specimen of the meganeko. Reminds me of the OLs i see in cafe during lunch hour.

Yin is for the ponytail lolicons
Old 2007-04-05, 23:04   Link #202
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The first episode was violent and nicely paced. I like the OP better than the ED song.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

pony tail loliconism is not bad as long as it stays within anime. lol
Old 2007-04-05, 23:10   Link #203
DangerMouse

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks Yin is nice eye candy until we get to her story so I guess I'm in that boat lol.

Misaki has a really cool and distinctive hair style.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-04-05 at 23:23.
Old 2007-04-05, 23:26   Link #204
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
Spoiler:

pony tail loliconism is not bad as long as it stays within anime. lol

Spoiler:

I want to see Amber in action.
Old 2007-04-05, 23:40   Link #205
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I want to see Amber in action.
I'm looking forwards to that.
Old 2007-04-06, 00:06   Link #206
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Yeah, well, this was bothering me since the 5 minute ad, but...

Spoiler:

I hope it gets cleared up in the coming episodes (well, it certainly will).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-06, 01:40   Link #207
wao
OK.

It seems like according to some of the people who went for the real-life preview screening, the producer said that Hei's contract has something to do with astronomical observations. Once again it seems like there's something to do with the stars and such.

Also, apparently Dolls like Yin don't have to make a contract for their powers. But I guess there must be something else they're losing.

Anyway, for anyone who would like to read another short interview with the director that was originally here, here is a loose translation:

Spoiler:

As for the other two peoples' powers, I really dunno. I think they're supposed to be bizarre. I guess the problem with the stone-lining thing is that it's very painstaking and can really be very irritating to some people. According to a previous interview I translated here, there's apparently going to be one where they have to eat dandelions or something If I understood correctly, anyway.
I feel awfully sorry for the guy who had to break his fingers....
Old 2007-04-06, 02:20   Link #208
issei

nothing in the first episode completely blew me away, but it was definitely a solid effort, and gave me that witch hunter robin vibe that had me tentatively excited for that series. i see definite potential here in the delivery of a rewarding storyline, and mao is too cool.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-06, 02:20   Link #209
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
I feel awfully sorry for the guy who had to break his fingers....
seriously!! that's one of the most painful bones to break due to all the nerve ending in your fingers!! i imagine if this is popular, gintama will parody it and gintoki will either have to drink strawberry milk or organize his jump collection to recharge....(sorry, just watched the funniest gintama ever so i have silver soul on the brain!)

and did we actually see Hei hit the train? didn't he just go over the bridge? he probably used that nifty hook wire that he had in the first scene and hung from the bridge a la bruce wayne.

EDIT:
@wao: you should be getting paid to do all that translating! seriously! that interview is highly appreciated!
Old 2007-04-06, 02:29   Link #210
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issei View Post
nothing in the first episode completely blew me away, but it was definitely a solid effort, and gave me that witch hunter robin vibe that had me tentatively excited for that series. i see definite potential here in the delivery of a rewarding storyline, and mao is too cool.

Spoiler:
I am sooooooo watching this show if only for Hei, and after watching the most recent trailer, Mao.

*mutters at certain conditions at the present moment that disallow the watching of DtB* I want to hear more of Hei's voice and disintegrate into silly goop in front of the computer while I can! Curses.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:15   Link #211
issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I am sooooooo watching this show if only for Hei, and after watching the most recent trailer, Mao.

*mutters at certain conditions at the present moment that disallow the watching of DtB* I want to hear more of Hei's voice and disintegrate into silly goop in front of the computer while I can! Curses.
if the opening is any indication, this series is going to be heitastic. good news for fangirls! i can only hope that the actual characterization and plot development live up to their potential.
Old 2007-04-06, 03:35   Link #212
wao
OK.

Hahaha, I just watched the first episode and you're quite right. Heitastic it was! He's exactly liek what the seiyuu were describing him as - the type who could make girls go a little silly for him and then he ends up being so mean that it pains us. Man, it was so cool seeing him go all crafty and evil-looking after being so overwhelmingly zomgwtf with Chiaki after the telescope thing. And he's so nice and kind looking and totally the sweet transfer student in front of Misuzu, but when it comes to serious business he's so evil even Mao has to tell him to stop.

As you can see I am getting a major kick out of this. Waha! And I actually like Yin too despite her not getting much play. There's something about that way she looks that is really attractive. That seemingly pensive look and somewhat lonely kind of way she sits.

Count me pleasantly surprised anyway, once I figured from the promo materials that this wasn't going to be all-out stylo-milo coolness ala Bebop, I was ready for a very subdued episode but this episode made me happy aside from that too. I do like how despite the setting and all it doesn't try hard to be uber-cool, and I really love the "normal" parts - things like Yutaka's glib talking with Chiaki in that bar, and most of all when Hei was walking to his apartment. It felt so realistically suburban-like! And his landlady is very amusing, I didn't think she was annoying. Speaking of annoying, even Chiaki herself was a lot less annoying than I had expected her to be.

Anyway, it remains to be seen whether Bones can continue with this level of effort but I'm going to keep watching for now. Even if it's only for Hei! Sheesh, I am so weak, but who cares.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I liked Kanno's score for this. It wasn't too flashy but it had the right amoutn of coolness and eerieness to make it interesting. And yet we all know there's going to be some awesome stuff to follow - remember that bit from the trailer? Tattara~ tattara~ *whistles*
Last thing - I quite liked the acoustics for this show. Not on the level of Noein perhaps, but I like how they kept it such that the voices and such don't feel detached from the surrounding noises.
Old 2007-04-06, 04:22   Link #213
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Hmm this looks very appealing to me. This i'll surely watch ( hopefully with good subs too )

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-04-06, 13:25   Link #214
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Eh, for those that are interested, I'm starting screenshot pages for the series. Most of the episodes should have 175 screencaps to a page. I'll probably write up a summary as time goes on if I get to it, but for now this is how it'll be.

Episode.01 Screenshots
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2007-04-06, 15:36   Link #215
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Spoiler:
Thank you for the interview.

Ooh, the Yin stuff and how secretive he wants to be about her definitely peaked my interest even more about her. Even without much screen time at all I was already drawn in by her. I love the various colors they've chosen for her design.

Cool, no wonder i like the designs, I didn't realize Iwahara Yuji had worked on Koudelka, I loved everything about that game, especially the art, except the horrible battle system. I agree, they are really well suited designs and adapt really well to Bones' animation.

I am really glad to hear the approach Okamura is taking with the bi-episodic structure, it sounds like he really means to take advantage of it's benefits. I'm glad there will be some hilarious stories spread into this as I'd love to see what these serious characters can do with it. And detective tales should be great given this cast of characters so that should be addictive too.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-04-06 at 16:34.
Old 2007-04-06, 15:48   Link #216
wao
OK.

Haha, I just found scans of the Newtype early-release scans (it should only go on sale on the 10th but today's the 7th) It's nearly 5 am and I haven't slept though so I'll upload them later, but it's full of new information!! There's stuff about upcoming characters, and another interview I think, etc. Haven't even read through everything X)

I might have to buy the actual Newtype for one of the scans though, can't read the text quite well. Have to wait ill the 10th for that though.

zzzz
Old 2007-04-06, 20:28   Link #217
kma
Devilish Member

Send a message via MSN to kma
odm and shinsensubs subbing tis anime if anyone wanted to know
Old 2007-04-06, 20:30   Link #218
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Yay! Shinsen-subs! *starts dancing frantically*

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-06, 23:02   Link #219
DangerMouse

Nice, glad to hear it!
Old 2007-04-07, 00:08   Link #220
Bearcat

Forgive me if i simply missed it somewhere in this thread, but is there a release date for the soundtrack in the US or elsewhere?

Thanx.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural