AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-12, 14:23   Link #1161
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
It was hard, but i made it! i can register without knowing japanese of kanjis!!!
Oww..
I didn´t like the new OP.... not the song, not the animation... I´ll miss howling...
The ED was... i dont know yet.. not good, not bad... I am dissapointed becasuse i was waiting to this new stuff for weeks....

And Amber Seiyuu has a lot of works..(more than all the cast) She was Rossete Crhistofer and Soi Fong from Bleach.. you can see her resume here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=526

Last edited by Vanehei; 2007-07-12 at 15:00. Reason: more info
Old 2007-07-12, 15:52   Link #1162
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i love the new ED song, its so different from other HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR songs.
Old 2007-07-12, 15:52   Link #1163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new Opening song is just...wrong. And I don't like the animation all that much either, I'm really going to miss Howling

The ED is pretty shitty compared to the previous one too.

Spoiler for Amber:
Old 2007-07-12, 15:54   Link #1164
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
WOW. Episode 14 was fucking awesome. As expected, but nonetheless, it was quite a treat to see!

The new opening will please by those who disliked the first one (wao, et al). It's more action-y, has a marginally catchier tune (opinionated) and a lot less disjointed than the first one. Also, it features some Kirihara X Hei innuendo. I'd say it was a more traditional anime opening, but still lots of fun.

The new ending is just as boring as Rie fu. I guess those Gundam people can't really produce anything new. It's alright, but very skippable. Unlike the opening, you want it to pass quickly and nothing makes me want to listen to it again.

The episode itself kicked me in the nuts so hard, though...

Spoiler for episode 15:

Yeah, this was a really good one. Lots of things happening, animation is top notch, the plot is moving and we get pretty much everyone you'd want from this series: Amber, Kirihara, new contractors, the British, Hei's past and even a Gai cameo!

Last edited by MrProphet; 2007-07-12 at 18:41.
Old 2007-07-12, 16:10   Link #1165
Terra

Hmmm I seem to be the only one so far that likes the new opening, and I did like Howling as well. As for the ending, it's alright, but I much prefer the first one.

As for the ep, god I need part 2 NOW!
Old 2007-07-12, 16:14   Link #1166
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I liked both openings and dislike both endings.

Which is rather typical for me, since most ending song are too mellow.
Old 2007-07-12, 16:24   Link #1167
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Oh.. it was a pretty awesome episode!!!! i love it!!!!! i am so excited because i saw the raw and i didnt understand anything jejejeje
So.. about the episode

Spoiler for Amber and Hei:
Old 2007-07-12, 17:20   Link #1168
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
The new Opening song is just...wrong. And I don't like the animation all that much either, I'm really going to miss Howling

The ED is pretty shitty compared to the previous one too.

Spoiler for Amber:
Spoiler:

Last edited by quina; 2007-07-12 at 17:36.
Old 2007-07-12, 17:24   Link #1169
wao
OK.

Shit, I was going to get up at 4am and watch this and overslept... now I have to go slog at school. Damn. It sounds so fun!

For the record, MrP, I didn't actually hate the first OP that much, and from what I've heard of AnCafe on youtube I'm pretty sure I'd like Howling 1000x better... Takanori Nishikawa has also been a bit of a childhood memory

I shall watch this when I get back, seems like the new OP was storyboarded by Kazuhiro Furuhashi (RuroKen, HxH, Binchoutan, Noein ep 12, Chevalier D'Eon...) For those of you REALLY REALLY clawing for some more bloody Geass x DtB jokes, Geass's animation character designer Takahiro Kimura was an animator in the OP. Happy?

I do wish people wouldn't go pasting around nicovideo links to episodes in public forums though, DtB in particular is one of the most speedily deleted series (and anyway, isn't it against the forum rules to post links to raws?)
Old 2007-07-12, 17:32   Link #1170
Terra

Spoiler for Amber:
Old 2007-07-12, 17:33   Link #1171
Omniscient

Episode 15 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-12, 17:36   Link #1172
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Yes, thats weird.. (Amber looking younger in the present)...
So, another thing .. in the OP they put Misaki and Hei "together" instead of Amber and Hei.. would that mean anything?
Ohh and i also notice that February doesnt glow when he use his power... and he activate it in the same way that Wei ( chapters 9 and 10), so, maybe there are differents kinds of contractors?
Old 2007-07-12, 17:48   Link #1173
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
For the record, MrP, I didn't actually hate the first OP that much, and from what I've heard of AnCafe on youtube I'm pretty sure I'd like Howling 1000x better... Takanori Nishikawa has also been a bit of a childhood memory
Well, people can warm up to things, but I was mainly referring to the fact that when this series started, I was rather disappointed by the fact that I really liked HOWLING and everyone else said it was either just meh, or worse...

Now everyone says that they miss HOWLING already. Where were you, people, when I was feeling bummed by the lack of love toward T.M. Revolution?!?

I bet you that everyone will sing hosanna to Antic Cafe in a couple of episodes time.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:04   Link #1174
Terra

Hey I liked Howling from the start. I just preferred Tsuki Akari more.

Quote:
Ohh and i also notice that February doesnt glow when he use his power... and he activate it in the same way that Wei ( chapters 9 and 10), so, maybe there are differents kinds of contractors?
They did that with Hei at the beginning of DtB as well. Actually, they did that with Hei in this ep as well. The scene where he's facing November and you see his knife sparking, there's no glow around him. It might just signify how much power they're using. When they're not using much, they don't glow.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:38   Link #1175
Aniki Meiski

The little kid with red and green eyes is Maki. Maki's eyes still glow when he is using his power. Amber (aka Feburary) is the one who wears the cap with "BY" logo. Amber looks younger than in the past. Maybe she was turned into a kid inside the gate like Nick. Amagiri is their handler.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:44   Link #1176
Oberon

Good stuff starts happening in this episode. I especially enjoyed the atmosphere of foreboding, as if big things in the background finally start moving.

Spoiler for ep15:
Old 2007-07-12, 19:13   Link #1177
Kisuke06
I see...

So, I made some freebies from episode 11 and 12:

Reposts:

Spoiler for avatars:
Old 2007-07-12, 19:21   Link #1178
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Quote:
Heh, anyone else expected Amber to stab Hei with his own knive in the flashback? I was kinda surprised that she "just" gave him that indian amulet. It'll be interesting to see the circumstances under which they parted ways.
Yes!! I was expecting that!!!! And i knew that the amulet had relation with amber when i saw Hei giving it to the boy.
And i must say, i am very surpriced about the face of Hei in the preview, he looks very desperate and even sick looking for Amber...
Old 2007-07-12, 21:04   Link #1179
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I only started watching anime again and ... err ... this show owns. ¬.¬
Old 2007-07-12, 21:41   Link #1180
Omniscient

Just to make it clear since there seems to be some confusion here: February is not the boy, February is Amber.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural