AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 17:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Chuunibyou anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Chuunibyou which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2012-10-31, 20:44   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I Probably missing something but:

How the hell Tooka manage to get DFM Recording when the are new neighborhood?

Do they ever meet before?

Old 2012-10-31, 20:55   Link #3
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I Probably missing something but:

How the hell Tooka manage to get DFM Recording when the are new neighborhood?

Do they ever meet before?
Tooka was already there when it happened (Ep 1 states that the family knew about Tooka before Rikka showed up)
Old 2012-10-31, 21:00   Link #4
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Tooka was already there when it happened (Ep 1 states that the family knew about Tooka before Rikka showed up)
So it only Rikka that moving?

Old 2012-10-31, 21:24   Link #5
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yes Rikka moved recently, while Touka has been there for a while.

Old 2012-11-15, 18:37   Link #6
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Pertaining to episode 7:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-29, 18:41   Link #7
askara

if the series finsih with 2 vol of vn or is it ongoing?
Old 2012-12-02, 08:46   Link #8
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I read in Wikipedia that Kumin, Dekomori and Touka are anime original characters. (I'm not saying the series is dead to me without Touka, but...)

Is it true? If so, WTH happened to drag Nibutani to the club?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-12-02 at 10:58.
Old 2012-12-02, 10:50   Link #9
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

• The anime takes "liberties" in interpreting the world, yes.
  • I believe it's "Touka" not "Tooka". And yes Rikka lives by herself in the novel.
  • I only skimmed though the novel, but I believe the answer to your question is "there never was any club"
Old 2012-12-03, 06:04   Link #10
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

I'm just curious after reading the plot summary on a website.

Spoiler:

Though we have yet to meet this girl? And the anime goes for 12 episodes doesn't it? We're on 10 so wouldn't this be rather rushed then? Probably like next episode or so? It's just rather confusing as they mention this in the summary like it would happen straight near the start but it hasn't. So I was wondering if anyone could care to explain it please? ^^;

Edit:
Nevermind, went to the novel thread and found my answer (that she appears in novel 2 the anime is going off 1 right now). It looks like a fan must of wrote that summary expecting her to be in it.

Last edited by SweetHoney; 2012-12-03 at 06:15.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:25   Link #11
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
I'm just curious after reading the plot summary on a website.

Spoiler:

Though we have yet to meet this girl? And the anime goes for 12 episodes doesn't it? We're on 10 so wouldn't this be rather rushed then? Probably like next episode or so? It's just rather confusing as they mention this in the summary like it would happen straight near the start but it hasn't. So I was wondering if anyone could care to explain it please? ^^;

Edit:
It looks like a fan must of wrote that summary expecting her to be in it.
Unless you're saying a fan is one of the largest websites in the Eng. anime community, nope. ANN, as tends to happen, dropped the ball on news reporting and translated the back cover of the second novel as the overall story when announcing the anime was to be made. Of course, any other site would use said reference and continue to spread inaccurate information, but meh. People will see that Shichimiya won't appear.

Incidentally, the NA licensor for Chuunibyou pulled the same idiotic move, but even translated it more loosely.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-03, 07:36   Link #12
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Unless you're saying a fan is one of the largest websites in the Eng. anime community, nope. ANN, as tends to happen, dropped the ball on news reporting and translated the back cover of the second novel as the overall story when announcing the anime was to be made. Of course, any other site would use said reference and continue to spread inaccurate information, but meh. People will see that Shichimiya won't appear.

Incidentally, the NA licensor for Chuunibyou pulled the same idiotic move, but even translated it more loosely.
Ahh I see thank you for the extra info Ultima! I wonder why they translated the second novel back cover? I noticed Shichimiya probably wouldn't hence I was rather stumped when I read the summary thinking she would of appeared by now.

Anyways thanks again for the extra info!
Old 2012-12-03, 07:39   Link #13
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Ahh I see thank you for the extra info Ultima! I wonder why they translated the second novel back cover? I noticed Shichimiya probably wouldn't hence I was rather stumped when I read the summary thinking she would of appeared by now.

Anyways thanks again for the extra info!
They went to the LN site, hit "summary" and started translating without realizing it was the second novel. You'll see they thank me for pointing out that there were actually two novels released in that post. Lack of attention for wanting to report the news quickly.

Old 2012-12-17, 13:58   Link #14
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

This only concerns episode 11, but I don't want it to be buried under the long discussion. My question is why Yuuta reacted particularly to Rikka's "何がしら" (if I heard correctly). I don't get the joke only on this one. It's at ~4:28, episode 11

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-12-17 at 13:59. Reason: Add the time of the scene
Old 2013-02-15, 13:39   Link #15
Haiprbim
Banned

Hello.
I have just finished watching the first season of 'Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!' and I think that it was amazing.

I am wondering, did the 12 episodes include the story line from both 2 volumes of the Light Novel or could we expect a second season in the future?

To keep the question short, would it be possible that 'Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!' would have a second season of anime made?
Old 2013-02-15, 15:43   Link #16
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Hello.
I have just finished watching the first season of 'Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!' and I think that it was amazing.

I am wondering, did the 12 episodes include the story line from both 2 volumes of the Light Novel or could we expect a second season in the future?

To keep the question short, would it be possible that 'Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!' would have a second season of anime made?
Yes it would be possible that there could be a second season. No, the anime did not follow the story of a novel (either the first or second).

Old 2013-05-13, 00:58   Link #17
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i saw a picture in anime corner about chuunibyou, so the possibility of a second season of the anime is increasing
Old 2013-05-13, 01:04   Link #18
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i saw a picture in anime corner about chuunibyou, so the possibility of a second season of the anime is increasing
Did you miss the news that a second season has already been announced?
Old 2013-05-13, 07:21   Link #19
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Did you miss the news that a second season has already been announced?
Just confirming the post above.
You can discuss things related to the incoming Second Season here.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a