AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 12:57   Link #241
Pocari_Sweat
Monarch of Rughzenhaide

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I hear a Claris song from that PV.
Old 2013-12-29, 19:10   Link #242
tsunade666

Claris doing the op plus shaft = total win.
Old 2013-12-30, 04:54   Link #243
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Claris's "Click" will the opening theme of the series.

Also according to Random Curiosity, this series is 2 cour. If this is true then Aniplex is in way over their heads with letting Shaft do it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 07:37   Link #244
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ What you say is rather funny as most of the time, series are serialised because their one - shots are well - received by the readers. And kept alive by the readers about every 10 weeks. Not by the editors.
that and manga sale -> looking at To-Love-Ru
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 14:24   Link #245
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
that and manga sale -> looking at To-Love-Ru
Well, the original post I was addressing to referred to WSJ which the poster seems to have some prejudice or misconception on how it works. And technically, TLR got a 'new' life (serialization) in a different magazine that doesn't work in exactly the same way as WSJ, despite still being part of Jump line.

I said most so of course there are some exceptions like JoJo and D - Gray Man which got moved due to different reasons, and Kochikame whose life in WSJ requires 0 votes. Though the editorial team may indeed play a hand in selling the appeal of certain manga through the use of unranked colors or centers at times (this is my guess), or delaying the 'move' of high selling manga (like a certain laundry product) while it got consistent low ranks till it came back to life again (or maybe it just didn't get too many consistent bottom 3s? I can't really remember), otherwise for > 90% of the serializations in WSJ, consistent low reader votes spell death or moved to another mag for those that have good sales. Anyway, not a place to discuss here; that's why I refrained from replying earlier

Last edited by larethian; 2013-12-30 at 14:35.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 02:33   Link #246
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
They will when someone from Shaft compares the sales from Bake, Nise and Neko/Kuro with the first volumes of the second season (all at 60k+ versus 40k). That is mostly aniplex' lost profits.
Why should SHAFT care? The money they make from these show is very little, compared to what Aniplex gets, if they make any money at all, and if Aniplex makes a profit off these shows, I don't think they care what SHAFT does with them. Heck, they can make a half-hour long episode consisting of nothing but still frames, and the people will STILL buy it, knowing it'll be fixed and look glorious on the BDs. Also, there's no such thing as a 'lost profit'.

I doubt they'll make Nisekoi two-cours, as most of SHAFT's shows were 1-cour, but it's not impossible, either. It all depends on how much the production committee (which I assume is largely Anjplex) thinks this show will make them money, or how much the manga will get a sales boost from this, in the case the anime flops.
Old 2013-12-31, 02:54   Link #247
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ You might want to double-check the production committee for Nisekoi. Shaft is the third investor for the anime. They'll get profits regardless if the show bombs or not. See sasami-san.
The only show they don't get profits are the ones where they don't chip in money or just contracted to do and the last shaft show with that structure is Hidamari.

On topic, I doubt nisekoi will be two cours. They can do one volume within three episodes so they can stretch it out until volume 4.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:49   Link #248
Articalys

Show starts this Saturday but it's never too late for a new key visual:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 18:24   Link #249
justpassingby

Marika and Tsugumi

I sure hope those two will sing some song for this anime.
Old 2014-01-06, 20:54   Link #250
DorkingtonPugsly

Well as a reader of the manga (though I lose interest at times and so I read in gaps/chunks) I wasn't gonna bother with this, even though it's Shaft. I can never keep my interest up in adaptions that I already know the main source of. Plus its shounen jump, so its not really a mind blowing, fantastic series by any means. It's not bad though.

Anyways after seeing the visuals and panels and pv and all that, it looks rather good. As in it looks like your typical shaft show. The blue skies and stuff remind me a bit of Denpa onna (I loved that series... ;_; where's my 2S shaft??? ;_; ) so I'll watch it. Might be one of the few adaptions (where I know the main source) that I'll enjoy.

Also 2 cour? lol
Old 2014-01-07, 01:26   Link #251
leokiko

Manga is funny and all but it drags on waaay too much, and that's something SHAFT can't fix.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 11:00   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Manga is funny and all but it drags on waaay too much, and that's something SHAFT can't fix.
They can, actually. They could easily skip chapters and only animate the ones that make the story progress. I wouldn't like it, personally. A lot of the charm of the series is into those "filler" chapters. Over time, I've learned to not care about the romance and enjoy the inconsequential comedy chapters.
Old 2014-01-07, 11:58   Link #253
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

it will be glorious simply because Shaft is doing it. They've got to spend some of that Madoka money right? Right?

Last edited by omimon; 2014-01-08 at 06:34.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 16:37   Link #254
LKK

Crunchyroll will stream on Saturdays at 9:00 am PT starting on Jan 11. Available to the following territories: North America, South America, and South Africa. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 09:13   Link #255
redgrnbluylw

Aaaah it's here tomorrow!
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 22:46   Link #256
Yye1
Wide Right

If they are heavily promoting Marika's appearance, then I think it would mostly likely be 2-cour

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 10:39   Link #257
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2014-01-11, 10:57   Link #258
konart

So much SHAFT in the 1st episode, lol.
Old 2014-01-11, 11:05   Link #259
II Maestro

It's alright I guess in episode 1, I like the manga so I'll keep watching this series to see how it goes being animated.
Old 2014-01-11, 12:09   Link #260
larethian

Is this Nisekoi? What is this artistic version of Nise-SHAFT-koi I'm watching? Ain't going to complain though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen jump