AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-15, 18:22   Link #2201
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Let's be realistic here as well, Nintendo gets roasted for presenting games that won't come out before the next E3 and Sony gets a pass. I'm just being fair.
Hardly any company presents new games on E3 and have them come out before the next one. That's actually quite unusual.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 19:10   Link #2202
Random14

I think Bethesda did that last year, with Fallout 4, but that's a very, very rare case. Their show this year was much less exciting due to the high standard set last year (but then last year was their first E3 show, so they wanted to make a strong first impression).

Sony definitely had the best presentation (except for that last zombie game at the end). They undeniably had the best theatricality, what with that full orchestra. Not to mention game demo and trailers, one after another, that is the ideal E3 presentation. Less blabbing or PR talk, or anything like that.

I'm glad Sony didn't rush a PS4 Neo announcement, doesn't sound like either company's .5 iteration will be ready until 2017 at least. I'm sure the Xbox S will sell, but seems like kind of a waste of money to get that when Scorpio will be out soon-ish (especially when its still at $300).

Too bad Persona 5 barely had two seconds during that montage at the end. The God of War demo was the biggest surprise though. There had been rumors of a new GoW game, its been a while since the last one and they probably wouldn't leave the franchise alone. But its such a... refreshing change to see such a calm Kratos. He had a few moments, but was making a visible effort to keep himself calm around the boy. The interview makes it sound like a much deeper Kratos, kind of like they took a page from Last of Us.

And yay, Last Guardian release date at long, long last. Really is a crazy year, what with at long, long last we're getting both Last Guardian and FFXV in the same year (and almost within a month of each other).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 02:46   Link #2203
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

While I think Nintendo owned E3 with LoZ BotW, this is one helluva shitty E3 we had this year. The only thing I got out of it is that I will buy NX just for the new Zelda alone.

Nothing wow'ed me, everything is just better graphic and graphic. 4K console, yeah I don't give a crap about 4K if there nothing to play. VR I guaranteed it will be another failure gimmick that I absolutely don't give a fuck about. Resident 7 completely deprived me of any possible hype being a First Person and A VR title. TLG, I lost hype for that game ages ago. Don't care about God of War or it's Reboot. That zombie game that totally isn't like TLU to me. Sony is still carried by FFXV and P5.
Old 2016-06-16, 21:32   Link #2204
Chosen_Hero

This video is the perfect example of the bandwagon of hate CoD gets for literally no reason, the one time CoD does something different and people hate it because it's different and "not Cod anymore" only to hate on it for being CoD... wtf is wrong with people?

-----------

This E3 was pretty awesome in my opinion if you ignore EAs press conference and the PC whatever that thing is. Ubisoft from what I saw did like they usually do, which I don't think is bad but it's not good either. MS had a good conference but in my opinion really undermined the Xbox ONE by:

1) Making all games also release on PC. Sure, there will be some of the Xbox faithful that will ride or die with their Xbox until it disintegrates, but many more people seem like they would just take the better option and just get it for PC especially if the games are cheaper on PC if theu release theough STEAM.

2) Announcing the ONE S only to make it irrelevant by the end of the conference by announcing Project Scorpio.

Sony in my opinion had the best conference with the best pacing and the the most important content, games. They literally gave us the conference people have been asking for years (sadly like with many things some complained because they did this... yeah.) just games, no sales numbers, no boring talking just games and boy did they deliver. About the only thing that didn't interest me was Skylanders, that is an amazing thing to accomplish.

As for Nintendo, even they had a great E3. Pokémon looks amazing and there is no force in this realm of existence strong enough to keep me away from it. Legend of Zelda looks amazing, nothing new or groundbreaking but it just looks great and as someonw that hasn't ever been able to finish or properly own a Legend of Zelda game (yeah, I know) I really want to play this game. Yo kai Watch doesn't interest me in the least and I could care less about it, but, it's cool that it exists for those that enjoy it like I enjoy Pokémon.

In the end i'm just perplexed as to how can some people just day that this was a boring E3 and that there was nothing good about it. Even if you see a lot of stuff that doesn't interest you doesn't mean that what was shown was bad, but sadly that seems to be the way of thinking many seem to be taking as of late for everything.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-06-16 at 22:07.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 22:47   Link #2205
ShifuGamer

I forgot did they have an official release date for the new PS4.5ish something.
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 04:01   Link #2206
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
I forgot did they have an official release date for the new PS4.5ish something.
No, they didn't even talk about it.

Old 2016-06-17, 08:49   Link #2207
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

This video is the perfect example of the bandwagon of hate CoD gets for literally no reason, the one time CoD does something different and people hate it because it's different and "not Cod anymore" only to hate on it for being CoD... wtf is wrong with people?

-----------
You're generalizing "people" as one individual that should only have one track mind.

The good things about this E3 are the things they hide behind the conference.
Old 2016-06-17, 09:35   Link #2208
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Hardly any company presents new games on E3 and have them come out before the next one. That's actually quite unusual.
Unless you're Bethesda. The only game from last year's E3 that hasn't come out was Dishonored 2. Everything else that they talked about already came out.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 11:26   Link #2209
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Unless you're Bethesda. The only game from last year's E3 that hasn't come out was Dishonored 2. Everything else that they talked about already came out.
You're not really disproving my point, there.

Old 2016-06-17, 11:43   Link #2210
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:

-----------

This E3 was pretty awesome in my opinion if you ignore EAs press conference and the PC whatever that thing is. Ubisoft from what I saw did like they usually do, which I don't think is bad but it's not good either. MS had a good conference but in my opinion really undermined the Xbox ONE by:

1) Making all games also release on PC. Sure, there will be some of the Xbox faithful that will ride or die with their Xbox until it disintegrates, but many more people seem like they would just take the better option and just get it for PC especially if the games are cheaper on PC if theu release theough STEAM.

2) Announcing the ONE S only to make it irrelevant by the end of the conference by announcing Project Scorpio.

Sony in my opinion had the best conference with the best pacing and the the most important content, games. They literally gave us the conference people have been asking for years (sadly like with many things some complained because they did this... yeah.) just games, no sales numbers, no boring talking just games and boy did they deliver. About the only thing that didn't interest me was Skylanders, that is an amazing thing to accomplish.

As for Nintendo, even they had a great E3. Pokémon looks amazing and there is no force in this realm of existence strong enough to keep me away from it. Legend of Zelda looks amazing, nothing new or groundbreaking but it just looks great and as someonw that hasn't ever been able to finish or properly own a Legend of Zelda game (yeah, I know) I really want to play this game. Yo kai Watch doesn't interest me in the least and I could care less about it, but, it's cool that it exists for those that enjoy it like I enjoy Pokémon.

In the end i'm just perplexed as to how can some people just day that this was a boring E3 and that there was nothing good about it. Even if you see a lot of stuff that doesn't interest you doesn't mean that what was shown was bad, but sadly that seems to be the way of thinking many seem to be taking as of late for everything.
I don't necessarily 'hate' the CoD franchise, however it's been a lowpoint in my gaming experience and I've found that whenever I by chance pop into a game retailer most employees who specialize in COD know next-to nothing about other game genres save for the bare bones basics like Mario or Zelda. The ones who are hating on it are probably the longstanding CoD fanboys who are not happy with a change in format to their (probably) only video game ever.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 14:03   Link #2211
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You're generalizing "people" as one individual that should only have one track mind.

The good things about this E3 are the things they hide behind the conference.
Spoiler for Long reply:
Old 2016-06-17, 14:14   Link #2212
ShifuGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
No, they didn't even talk about it.
Really? I already know there is a new much better version of PlayStation 4 coming out called PS4.5 something and I plan on buying it. Because I want a PS4 but if there is a new more advanced one coming out soon. Then I will wait.
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-17, 14:23   Link #2213
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
Really? I already know there is a new much better version of PlayStation 4 coming out called PS4.5 something and I plan on buying it. Because I want a PS4 but if there is a new more advanced one coming out soon. Then I will wait.
It PS4 Neo, basically a high-end PS4 that support 4K. I think Sony is releasing it next year.
Old 2016-06-17, 15:01   Link #2214
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

PS4 Neo might not be as powerful at Scorpio, the next XBox. Unless Sony changes the specs.

There were leaked specs for Neo, and one thing leaked was the TFLOPs (which is 'Tera FLOPs' which deals with floating operations, which deals with the computational power and how much can be calculated). Anyway, Neo is a little over 4 Tera FLOPs, while Scorpio is a little over 6 Tera FLOPs...so MS might be trying to have the superior hardware this time since PS4 being superior to XBO was a key factor in PS4 gaining the upperhand.

Both Neo and Scorpio release in 2017, as does Nintendo's NX.
Old 2016-06-17, 21:26   Link #2215
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Spoiler for Long reply:
That's exactly what I mean by "generalizing". You think the ones jump on the hate train for its change is the same ones who hate it for what it is. Have it occurred you that those are actually the usual CoD fanboys?

Funny you said that when everyone I knew only tell me one thing about Zelda, "The same fucking thing again? Can't Nintendo do anything else".
Old 2016-06-17, 21:37   Link #2216
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
That's exactly what I mean by "generalizing". You think the ones jump on the hate train for its change is the same ones who hate it for what it is. Have it occurred you that those are actually the usual CoD fanboys?

Funny you said that when everyone I knew only tell me one thing about Zelda, "The same fucking thing again? Can't Nintendo do anything else".
That last part sounds like your typical anti-Nintendo fanboying. From what I've read, BotW was pretty awesome and well received by most everyone without an axe to grind, but I am something of a Zelda fanboy myself.
Old 2016-06-18, 02:32   Link #2217
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Spoiler for reply:

--------
Spoiler for LoZ reply:

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-06-18 at 03:23. Reason: Added tags due to lenght
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-18, 16:16   Link #2218
Chosen_Hero

The first part is the best sales pitch Yakuza 0 has ever gotten, and the second part is the most embarrassing thing you can get caught doing in Yakuza 0.
Old 2016-06-22, 20:46   Link #2219
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Rez is going on PS4. Called Rez Infinite. Also a PSVR game.

Looks to have improved visuals and a new level. Also, seems like you can aim with PS Move controller for those who have them.
Old 2016-08-15, 12:44   Link #2220
Chosen_Hero

PS4 System Update 4.00 Details Released - UI Refresh, Menu Changes, Folders http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/...anges-folders?

Quote:
UI Refresh - Designed to offer a "more refined and easy to use" interface, changes include a new What's New menu, new system backgrounds, updated pop-ups and new system icons. Sony stresses that it will retain the look and feel of the current UI.

Quick Menu - The quick menu (accessed by holding the PS button) now only covers a portion of the screen, and adds online friend statuses as well as shortcuts to other menus, like Parties - it can also be customised to include your most-needed shortcuts.

Share Menu - Also made to cover a portion of screen, Share now also saves your last uploaded-to social network, and ups the maximum length of Twitter videos from 10 to 140 seconds.

Folders and Library - Folders can now be created on the main menu and Library. The Library will also now only show games and apps currently installed on the system, with a new tab, Purchased, containing all uninstalled but owned content. New sorting options have also been added to the Library.

Trophies - Your trophy collection can now be viewed offline, while players can choose to reveal the name and text on a Hidden Trophy if they wish.

User Profile - User profiles now allow you to compare yourself with other players, while bespoke background images can be added as personalisation.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...-refresh-more/