AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-13, 18:32   Link #121
velocity7

Squeezing in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody at this time is impossible now given the current episode numbering as it is, unless Asahina Mikuru's Adventure manages to become an episode 00 for real (e.g., is not included in the 14-episode run), which I highly doubt.
Old 2006-06-13, 19:11   Link #122
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
loved the space battle ^^ its just like watching me playing games
yuki looks soo cute without her glasses and has super hacking skillz to boot...hurray!!
also did anybody catch the comment on the preview where suzumiya sed eps 12 is next and then kyon sed it was wrong and that es 12 is next XD...pointless but it made me laugh...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-13, 19:19   Link #123
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

I agree with Vexx, although I'd rate this one above the baseball episode. The rest of Yuutsu arc could definately be pulled off in two episodes, especially how Kyoani handles the storytelling aspect. I'm worried however, about what kind of story they'd tell if they did go ahead with a second season of Haruhi.

Not the same impact as last episode but still was very fun. A lot of flash but a bit lacking in the character development portion of the show. Then again this episode played straight into my MMORPG flavour of the month...damned sneaky bastards.

objectively, this would be maybe a 7. +1 for great orchestral music, +1 for the fun and timely playing into my bias. So 9 overall, and too bad melange isn't around 'cause there'd be one helluva recruitment drive for the SOS-dan military wing

Hm, I wonder if I could grab enough people I know to write up a half-assed version of "Day of the Saggitarius"...
Old 2006-06-13, 19:23   Link #124
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Maybe. There would be no shortage of ppl that would QC for you. The only thing that might be tricker is the AI.

Btw if such a game is made I would seriously suggest incoporate support for multimonitor setup as well as macro officially. I'd like to be able to repidly switch inbetween squadrons of fleets in order and setup predefined macro for their action instead of having to enter those in manually.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-13, 19:25   Link #125
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Four words. This episode was awsome!

A full episode, which focused a lot on Yuki. How fitting it is for Yuki to be a super hacker.

I was expecting Yuki's laptop to blowup or atleast smoke as she was just grinding away on the keyboard.
Old 2006-06-13, 19:28   Link #126
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

This was a good episode. When Haruhi kicks the comp. pres. in the side of the head I laughed pretty good.

The space battle was awesome and reminded me of playing starcraft with my friends at a Lan party where I was yelling at them all (like Haruhi). ahh Starcraft....

Anyways, it was an overall good episode, it focused on one thing and did it well. It also gave a little char. development to Haruhi and Kyon (the trust thing) and a lot to Yuki.
Old 2006-06-13, 19:30   Link #127
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Maybe. There would be no shortage of ppl that would QC for you. The only thing that might be tricker is the AI.

Btw if such a game is made I would seriously suggest incoporate support for multimonitor setup as well as macro officially. I'd like to be able to repidly switch inbetween squadrons of fleets in order and setup predefined macro for their action instead of having to enter those in manually.
lol, I find the tricky thing is to get enough people to see the project through. You'll always get a lot of volunteers to start out with on a free project but they tend to lose interest quickly.

and no, you'll need to be Yuki-classed super hacker to micromanage 20 sub-fleets. pfft...macros
Old 2006-06-13, 19:35   Link #128
Kamui4356
Aria Company

This episode was hard for me to rate. On one hand, I really enjoyed it, as I'm a fan of Yuki and rts games. On the other hand, it was quite rushed, and left out a lot from the novel. In the end I decided to go with my enjoyment of the episode over comparing it to the novel and gave it a 9.

My biggest complaint with the episode would be the teleport cheat being left out. Just the fog of war cheat isn't really a big deal, and the SOS dan, while handicapped, could still conceivably win. I liked how the battles were animated though. I was expecting a few in game scenes to be animated like that, but I wasn't expecting so much. Though I guess watching the SOS dan playing video games wouldn't have been any more interesting than watching other people irl play video games.

Overall, it was a good episode, even if it wasn't nearly as good as the chapter in the novel.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be great if someone actually made DoSIII? Though I guess there are already a lot of games similiar to it...
edit: Hmm seems I'm not the only one who had that thought.
Old 2006-06-13, 20:03   Link #129
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I liked it!

Some thoughts...
  • It was pretty amusing that Kyon was hoping that Haruhi wouldn't hear of the challange because he knew she would just jump () in head first no matter what the challange was.
  • Nice detail by Kyoani when the computer club president was mentioning his "mental anguish" when Haruhi extorted the SOS Brigade computer from him, Mikuru twitched and squeaked cutely.
  • My thoughts about the music during the climatic battle is that it fit and it also reminded me of hearing similiar types of music watching documentaries on naval battles.
  • Come on, Mr. President! You can do a better Desslock than that!
  • When they do Kyon's flashback to Mikuru's costume in the festival, it wasn't Mikuru that was shown!
Spoiler for Not Mikuru:
Yep, I agree... Major Yuki pwnage in this ep! And more Yuki looking to Kyon for permission to do stuff (and Haruhi not complaing about it!).
Old 2006-06-13, 20:17   Link #130
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Holy Macross 7 homage at the end of episode 12 preview:

compare this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basara
Sentou nara kudaranai se! Ore no uta
o kike!! BOMUBA!!!

Battles are useless! Listen to my song!! BOMBER!!!
Quote:
Haruhi: Yokoku nante kudaranai wa! Atashi no uta o kike!!
Kyon: BOMUBA!!!

Haruhi: Previews are useless! Listen to my song!!
Kyon: BOMBER!!!
I was thinking of 9, but all these parodies and homages decided it was a 10 lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-13, 20:18   Link #131
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Best moment of this episode:

Kyon: At leased we can count on Yuki *looks over at Yuki*

Yuki: *waving mouse in the air*

Kyon: ...I take that back....

LOLOLOLROFLBBQSAUCELOL

Classic.

Old 2006-06-13, 21:38   Link #132
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Best moment of this episode:

Kyon: At leased we can count on Yuki *looks over at Yuki*

Yuki: *waving mouse in the air*

Kyon: ...I take that back....

LOLOLOLROFLBBQSAUCELOL

Classic.

haha yeah that was one of my favorite parts too
Old 2006-06-13, 21:40   Link #133
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
I too would like to know the name of the piece of classical music they were playing towards the end of the space battle.

Also, is there any English or English-translated game that resembles The Day Of Sagittarius III? It looks like fun
That music is the 4th movement of Tchaikovsky's 4th symphony.

Incidentally, I was able to make out enough words on Yuki's page at the end to get a hit for it:

Google: utopia "quickly enough" "this is just" "terribly dull"
and you get 1 hit: "2001: A space odissey (script)" :-)
Old 2006-06-13, 21:43   Link #134
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
7 points for Yuki's leet hax abilities.
1 point for awesome Background music.
2 points for Haruhi's unexpected flying kick.

Can't believe it's the third 10 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu gets. o_o

[In all the 23 episodes of the Fate/Stay Night, only Episode 14 deserved it.
And Higurashi no Naku Koro ni got two 10, so maybe it can catch up.]
Old 2006-06-13, 22:26   Link #135
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Oh...so what's the name of the music when they are winning? Or is it a OST?
I knew I've heard the music that was played where they started winning also. At first thought it sounded like Tchaikovsky. I looked at my iTunes library and I was right! For that music, check out Tchaikovsky's fourth movement (the finale) of his 4th Symphony. It's towards the end of the movement.
Old 2006-06-13, 22:32   Link #136
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
The space battle was awesome and reminded me of playing starcraft with my friends at a Lan party where I was yelling at them all (like Haruhi). ahh Starcraft....
These games could not be further apart. The only thing SC has in common with this is they are both fall into the RTS genre.
Old 2006-06-14, 00:20   Link #137
steelbound
Yuki-ism

This episode easily earned a ten. After watching yuki work I wonder if Major Kusanagi's hacking skills could possible stand up to her.
Old 2006-06-14, 00:33   Link #138
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound
This episode easily earned a ten. After watching yuki work I wonder if Major Kusanagi's hacking skills could possible stand up to her.
Before "Man-Machine Interface"?
Motoko had no chance. She was good, but as Agent Smith said, she is only human.

But after the end of the first Manga, and in MMI, Motoko has technically become a Data Entity herself. In that sense, Motoko can go toe-to-toe with Yuki. If anything, Motoko would have the upper-hand due to her longer association with Earth technology.
Old 2006-06-14, 00:35   Link #139
Anime Online

Kudos to KyoAni for another outstanding episode!

I had generally no interest in characters such as Rei Ayanami (Evangelion) or Ruri Hoshino (Nadesico), and I admit I had been hasty to write off Yuki Nagato in the early episodes. However, my doubts gradually cleared, especially with her awesomeness in Episode 10 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV) and Episode 11 (Day of Sagittarius), and I now proclaim Yuki as my favorite-st character.

Haruhi's double-kick appearance to the CCP's challenge (05:31) and her staring to inject confidence into Kyon (13:28) is great. As is Mikuru and her crew's synchronized panicking (14:19).

I'm curious about the manhole cover with the frog design at 10:20 as well. What's its significance?
Old 2006-06-14, 00:40   Link #140
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
I'm curious about the manhole cover with the frog design at 10:20 as well. What's its significance?
Manhole covers across Japan generally have unique designs depending on the local government. You can track down the city where KyoAni get their photographic references via the manhole cover. (The city has already been located, of course. Some old posts have located the library.)