AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 59.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.34%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-25, 08:06   Link #141
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 21 thoughts:

Not much, considering how intense the discussion has been in the thread for certain issues.

-It's Nayuki's stage, and she's the leading role here. She's involved in everything here-The search for the angel doll, Yuuichi's moping, her own past (duh) and Akiko's accident. I think it's safe to say there's a hell lot more development on her character here than in every other episode we've seen her. The irony's not lost on me, though...First she tries to comfort Yuuichi, yet in the next episode she's the one who needs comfort (but apparently refuses it, as seen in the preview).

-Kudos for the Mai reference. I like that little touch.

-Humor noticeably missing from the episode mostly, but you know what happens with Piro, Nayuki and Yuuichi in the same room...

-Now I start getting the YuuichixAyu pairing more, especially with the flashbacks. Besides that, I'm pretty sure most of us first-timers start getting what's going on, finally, with the second promise.

-That was pretty....intense, for Akiko-san. I hope she makes it out just fine, without too many injuries or bruises.

Somehow, Nayuki's arc seems to reek of the greatest melancholy and sadness around, and her interaction with Yuuichi as well as her attempts to cheer him up just made me like her a little more. Well, next week, we get to see another different side of Nayuki. Looking forward to it.

9/10.
Old 2007-02-25, 12:46   Link #142
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Speaking of who's dead or not,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-25, 14:22   Link #143
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
imagine yuuichi disappearing off for another few years and comming back with a surprise...how bout meeting ayu on the same bench and cue the end credits! :3
That would be more maddeningly ambiguous and WTF than even the Kashimashi TV series ending. I vote 'no' for this.
Old 2007-02-25, 14:31   Link #144
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well i duno...think how AIR ended...i think i would like something like that to happen so i can experience what it is like to have sleepless nights again ~ but then again i duno how the original kanon ended so that doesnt give me any measure of appropriateness ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-25, 16:26   Link #145
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well. I wouldn't want to bring up Air's true ending here. It's not something you'd want to see in Kanon (unless you're npal. )

Besides a "no girl" win ending is going against Kanon's game mechanics, Kanon's principle of miracles and who is the real lover in this story (i.e, who's path is the major path in this series). This title is just merging all the game paths.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-25, 16:46   Link #146
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Maritime, you're not alone. I also don't really see Yuuichi and Nayuki really working out, and it's NOT because they're cousins (having been born in China, it didn't strike me as being too weird). While it's undeniable that Nayuki has feelings for Yuuichi, I've seen very little indication that it could work the other way around. Romantic affection-wise, I'd probably rate Nayuki second to last out of all the girls, beating out only Makoto (whom I saw as having more of a father-daughter relationship, especially by the end). Yuuichi has treated her like a sibling throughout the entire show, I can't really see it changing drastically in just an episode or two.
I agree. Until now I've really only seen Nayuki as a 'lighten the mood' sort of character who's only wheeled out every now and again to perform her sleepy-schtick routine to bring some humour to the episode. Compared to Makoto (who I also believed had a father/daughter relationship with Yuuichi) and Ayu (who's easily THE primary female in the series) she's done very little, from a romantic standpoint, to endear herself to Yuuichi and I'd hate to see them end up together just because she becomes the only girl left at the end.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:17   Link #147
qwerty4

This episode was better than i expected.
I feel sorry for Nayuki.
I knew that Akiko was going to be in an accident so i thought it wouldnt shock me as much as 2k2. But this scene was so...dramatic and powerful it sent shivers down my spine and back up again. It was so sudden and well put together that it shocked me even though i knew what was next. Brilliant scene.
Love this epi.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:21   Link #148
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I'm amazed at how shocking that scene could be even when so many of us watching it here already knew it was going to happen. I knew the accident was coming long before, but that scene (especially the build-up) was so heart-pounding, it was more intense than Higurashi...
Old 2007-02-25, 18:21   Link #149
qwerty4

Oh yes and Akiko better not die. The way the accident happened here it seems impossible to survive. but then again this program is about miracles.
Akiko is such a great character ^^
Old 2007-02-25, 20:24   Link #150
orion

Poor Nayuki...

Spoiler:

So, did fubar84 explain that score?
Old 2007-02-26, 01:06   Link #151
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Poor fubar84 voted a 1 for Kanon by mistake. He exchanged the votes between SHUFFLE Memories and Kanon
Old 2007-02-26, 02:38   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

rewatch of ep 21 .... for some reason I find Nayuki's voice just kind of entrancing to listen to .... she's got those frequencies really hitting the neural wires. Its a little unfortunate they had her rather backgrounded after the few episode or two (or in scenes reacting to Ayu) but I suppose that had to do with the amount she's going to get focused on her now.

Next episode is undoubtedly going to be pretty painful as the revelations start piling up.
Old 2007-02-26, 04:10   Link #153
Merridew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
-It's Nayuki's stage, and she's the leading role here. She's involved in everything here-The search for the angel doll, Yuuichi's moping, her own past (duh) and Akiko's accident. I think it's safe to say there's a hell lot more development on her character here than in every other episode we've seen her. The irony's not lost on me, though...First she tries to comfort Yuuichi, yet in the next episode she's the one who needs comfort (but apparently refuses it, as seen in the preview).
It's like Nayuki's/Yuuichi's flashback except reversed. Yuuichi didn't want Nayuki's sympathy 7 years ago. Now it's Nayuki's turn. Is this her revenge? I felt sorry for her in the preview
Old 2007-02-26, 05:20   Link #154
fubar84

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Poor fubar84 voted a 1 for Kanon by mistake. He exchanged the votes between SHUFFLE Memories and Kanon
As it turns out, I did actually manage to vote correctly for Shuffle Memories ep 7. So I don't really know what I was thinking, it's madness, MADNESS!
Just for the records, I should've given Kanon ep 21 a tenner obviously. NYU
Old 2007-02-26, 06:07   Link #155
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merridew View Post
It's like Nayuki's/Yuuichi's flashback except reversed. Yuuichi didn't want Nayuki's sympathy 7 years ago. Now it's Nayuki's turn. Is this her revenge? I felt sorry for her in the preview
But that's the point of the drama in Nayuki's arc i think, U1 suffered a loss and shuts himself into despair 7 years ago, where Nayuki tried to comfort him (even tho she doesn't seem to have any idea what he gone through).... and now its Nayuki's turn to shut herself from everyone else, and U1 to bring her hope. This pretty much how u describe Nayuki's arc in simplicity.
Old 2007-02-26, 06:38   Link #156
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Poor Nayuki...

Spoiler:

So, did fubar84 explain that score?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar84 View Post
As it turns out, I did actually manage to vote correctly for Shuffle Memories ep 7. So I don't really know what I was thinking, it's madness, MADNESS!
Just for the records, I should've given Kanon ep 21 a tenner obviously. NYU
Can someone make me a gif of the scene where Yuuichi whacked Makoto one over the head with a newspaper?

Once that's done, I'm posting it up here just for fubar84. Makoto=fubar84, Yuuichi=me.
Old 2007-02-26, 07:06   Link #157
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Can someone make me a gif of the scene where Yuuichi whacked Makoto one over the head with a newspaper?

Once that's done, I'm posting it up here just for fubar84. Makoto=fubar84, Yuuichi=me.
I dunno how to get it to show up here, and mite need some compressing too but... hope this helps =)
Old 2007-02-26, 07:55   Link #158
Tiberium Wolf

God Damnit! That accident scene was scary! If there were blood there then the impact on the viewers would be greater!
Old 2007-02-26, 08:30   Link #159
orion

Well, I don't think that chibi Nayuki was trying to comfort chibi Yuichi. She hadn't a clue about what was happening and was trying to confess to him. When he didn't respond, it dawned on her finally that something was wrong and the rest is history.

Talk about clueless. Sorry, no sympathy from me for that scene. That was the worst case of poor timing I've seen.

Spoiler:

In reality, a lot worse would have been said by some kids.

It's like modern day Nayuki. It finally dawned on her in the coffee shop that he loved Ayu. She's not tuned into Yuichi's feelings as much as Ayu was imo.

---------

That's a good one Bloody Nightingale.
Old 2007-02-26, 08:52   Link #160
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

Just when everyone thought Kanon 2006 was finally gonna get an episode with a decent "clean-sheet" record of no gutter votes below 5 (when even our favourite serial gutter-voter voted a remarkably high 7), then comes fubar84 with his horrendously unforgivable mistake. lol

He must be reminded of this blunder for eternity by all Kanon 2006 fans in this board. While I pity the poor bastard, he kind of brought it upon himself.
Closed Thread