Old 2012-05-23, 13:33   Link #41
Kyouka
Is Here

Omg robins hair change back with bangs im super happy
Old 2012-05-23, 14:09   Link #42
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Who were the ones adamant that Sanji did not have haki?

Quote:
Big mama or Blackbeard
It is not BB. If it was BB, I highly doubt Luffy would be laughing like he did, considering the role that BB played in the death of Ace. It's probably not Shanks either, since Law knows that Luffy and Shanks have a history together.

Its either going to be Big Mom or Kaidou.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:59   Link #43
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Time to use Haki for that one

Slime = 1 damage, 1 damage, 1 damage (Haki enabled)

I did expect the frontliners to use Haki.
Old 2012-05-23, 15:02   Link #44
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
It is not BB. If it was BB, I highly doubt Luffy would be laughing like he did, considering the role that BB played in the death of Ace. It's probably not Shanks either, since Law knows that Luffy and Shanks have a history together.

why kaidou? he seems not yet connected to the straw hats,

the only ones connected to him right now is big mama and black beard.

But I highly think its big mama
Old 2012-05-23, 15:04   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

BB is the least likely to be the target, IMO. Luffy will fight him all by his lonesome and that will be much later on (seeing as how it's arguable that BB will be the final antagonist in Luffy's way).

Not surprised that Zoro and Sanji were confirmed to be Haki users. That was obviously a given at this point in the story. Comprising 2/3 of the monster trio, Zoro and Sanji would HAVE to be proficient at Haki by now.

I get the feeling that CC's slime creation isn't going to provide much of a challenge to the SHs. CC himself is the real threat.
Old 2012-05-23, 15:30   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hahahaha that was just a great chapter, trust Oda to bring about awesome comedy with even the most serious of characters.
Chopper riding on Law's hat was just too funny

Lots going here now with Luffy accepting Law's alliance, this should be quite the adventure now.

And I do hope to see the 4 Haki users taking on CC, you could call it being one sided maybe but it would be just too epic for me too care about having a 1v1 or anything like that.
Well it could be just Luffy and Law to do it(and I'd be fine with that) but I'd prefer to see all 4 of them take CC down.
Old 2012-05-23, 16:29   Link #47
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Poor Chopper now has to dangle from the sheath until he can move - then again, nobody messes with Law's impeccable outfit

Glad to see that no matter the situation, money is still a priority for Nami - first thought when hearing about capturing CC is "who're we gonna get the ransom money from?"

It can't be Shanks they're planning on attacking - Law knows he and Luffy have a history, so it's one of the other 3. And while Blackbeard will probably be the last and strongest enemy, I believe Luffy would want a 1vs1 fight with Akainu - he was the one who killed Ace, after all...
Old 2012-05-23, 16:34   Link #48
AdventSleeper

Law's reaction to the crew is hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Chopper sits on his head..
Old 2012-05-23, 16:54   Link #49
janipani

Yes yes.. it's not likely to be BB,

But! Even if it would BB, it wouldn't have to mean his going to be defeated!

Also.. even alliance begins from here, it doesn't have to mean that their target is going to be Luffy's next enemy.

We are thinking too much ahead of it and counting episodes and arks like 1 2 3..., but plot doesn't have to be that simple, even if it probably is going to.

Even if BB obviously is last enemy, it doesn't have to be only one encounter and only in the end of whole series.

Of course OP has been going on for so long that, it's probably better for the series and Oda to keep it simple and straightforward.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-05-23, 17:30   Link #50
cj1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Yes yes.. it's not likely to be BB,

But! Even if it would BB, it wouldn't have to mean his going to be defeated!

Also.. even alliance begins from here, it doesn't have to mean that their target is going to be Luffy's next enemy.

We are thinking too much ahead of it and counting episodes and arks like 1 2 3..., but plot doesn't have to be that simple, even if it probably is going to.

Even if BB obviously is last enemy, it doesn't have to be only one encounter and only in the end of whole series.

Of course OP has been going on for so long that, it's probably better for the series and Oda to keep it simple and straightforward.
Agreed, plots don't have to be as simple as we're making it out to be (although our guesses aren't as simple as it seems). Yes it can go a completely different direction than what we are all thinking and personally i hope it does cause it makes it alittle more fun. But we arent making this predictions because we are desperate to be right but rather because not making a prediction in a forum where we discuss our favorite manga is just too boring.

So whether your right or wrong just have fun taking a guess at what will happen with ppl who are addicted to this manga as much as you are
Old 2012-05-23, 19:35   Link #51
Somnus
Eh?

Great chapter as always. So many great moments too as people have pointed out.

Personal favourites are:

- The Chopper Hat/Sword Strap
- Robin being happy about Franky being out of Chopper's body
- Luffy asking, "Are you going to betray me?" followed by Law's "No"
- Robin's hair, I'm loving the parted look and it covering her face a little. Looks sexy.

Though unlike everyone else, as opposed to "who" their target is, I want to know the steps they plan on taking to get there. Like it's been mentioned, the Yonkou's are bound to have significant alliances/crews so maybe it has something to do with amassing a force of their own. Maybe have Luffy continue on his merry way attracting attention in the NW whilst Law assembles the alliance in the background?

EDIT: Or move Luffy into positions to reduce the power of their targeted Yonkou and gain more allies for themselves.
Old 2012-05-23, 19:46   Link #52
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

Luffy wouldn't know who Kaidou is, so he wouldn't care about an alliance to take down an unknown pirate. But, he does know who Big Mom is, so I can definetly see him targeting the big monster (the same is true of Blackbeard).

That being said, I hope Luffy and Law target Shanks. Luffy does consider Shanks to be a rival, so it is not beyond belief for Luffy to want to take down Shanks sooner rather than later. (Still, I find it hard to believe that Luffy would ever allow anyone besides himself to defeat Shanks.)

---

That being said, Chopper as Law's key chain was pure fun (and Choppers silent rage was great).
Old 2012-05-23, 19:51   Link #53
Slayerx

"Strawhat Luffy, let us form an alliance!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"What the hell have I gotten myself into?"
Old 2012-05-23, 19:58   Link #54
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

...So, basically, Big Mom or Kaidou will soon be announced to be the entry level Yonkou for the crew to beat. And a team-up with an ally or multiple allies will be employed to engage the entry-level Yonkou, much like anybody with an excess of two brain cells would have deduced from the time Luffy regrouped with a re-trained crew and entered the new world, having been trained by none other than Dark King Rayleigh; obviously hinting at Luffy being at least able to defeat the weakest of the Yonkou. Whether or not he can do so single-handedly is up to how much fear Oda wants to use the entry-level Yonkou figure to instill into the reader-base.

Dis shet cray...

Bets are on for which Yonkou will be the Entry-level power-structure establisher for the Yonkou and the New World as a whole. Kaidou or Big Mom? And no, it obviously won't be Blackbeard. If Law does target Blackbeard, it will obviously be an ongoing looming goal, much like Crocodile was throughout the time that Vivi was with the crew. Luffy may have to fight one or more other Yonkou and one or more Yonkou potential candidates (very powerful non-Yonkou pirates who could potentially fill a Yonkou seat) before he eventually gets to a real fight with Blackbeard.

It would be in the same vein as Zoro's first meeting with Mihawk -- a looming target to remain for a long time, creating anticipation and enabling Oda to explore further deepening of the plot.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2012-05-23 at 20:10.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:33   Link #55
yakumo-chan

off topic,
Since Mihawk is the NUMBER 1 swordsman in the world, is he an Emperor material?? is he the same level of Shanks?
Old 2012-05-24, 03:45   Link #56
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That. Was. Awesome! Couldn't stop laughing at that.

I was hoping Luffy would ask what happened to Law's crew, seems that information will have to wait...
Old 2012-05-24, 04:18   Link #57
p-kun

Looking at Luffy's sober face when listening to Law, I feel that Law's choice of the Yonkou to take down is silenced not because of who the Yonkou is (I bet it's Big Mom) but because of why that Yonkou is the target (which may spoil why Law is not accompanied by his crew). Luffy is well known to sympathize a lot when someone loses his/her nakama.
Old 2012-05-24, 05:39   Link #58
raziel16

Law is totally lost his usual coolness in this chapter
Old 2012-05-24, 08:34   Link #59
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
off topic,
Since Mihawk is the NUMBER 1 swordsman in the world, is he an Emperor material?? is he the same level of Shanks?
I was wondering that, as well! Since he fought Shanks and even refuses to fight him now because he lost a hand, he's obviously about as strong as him.

I guess Shanks is a Yonkou because he took his crew (who are also very strong) and established himself as one of the strongest in the New World, with islands under his protection or something. Mihawk on the other hand, is just content with looking for a good fight and sailing the seas freely, and the Shichibukai position lets him do just that.
Old 2012-05-24, 08:37   Link #60
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
off topic,
hmmm... being a yonkou doesn't necessarily mean you have to be extremely powerful yourself. yes they are powerful but their power also resides in the strength of their pirate crews and allies. it's really about the power they command, not the power that they possess individually.

remember that mihawke used to duel with shanks before the latter lost his arm. when shanks lost his arm, mihawke stopped dueling with him thinking it would be an unfair match. so they were probably on the same level ability/strength-wise.