AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-27, 13:53   Link #1161
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Now I'm more interested in Kaien Cross than anything. He seems to still have secrets to unfold...

Spoiler:

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 14:06   Link #1162
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Eclipse View Post
Now I'm more interested in Kaien Cross than anything. He seems to still have secrets to unfold...

Spoiler:
That's what I was wondering:
Spoiler for speculation:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 00:19   Link #1163
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for chap 58:
Spoiler for c58:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
That's what I was wondering:
Spoiler for speculation:
Spoiler for c58:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 18:23   Link #1164
hobbitheart

Unhappy

Can you believe I actually forgot that VK came out last month?! I must be ridiculously busy! Anyways...for my review of the chapter:

I LOVED when Cross Kaien popped out from behind the curtain! Favorite part! I think he's going to be a pretty interesting character from now on...as to his past, I feel he's a precursor of Zero. How, I don't know...maybe he was a vampire and knows the secret of supressing it...haha that would piss off Zero like crazy...

I've always liked Yuuki, since she's not the perfect heroine, but I like the fact that she's taking a more active stance.

Kaname...hmmmm...what was that with Rido? Was that like a phantom voice or was Rido actually present? And is Kaname in cahoots just because he needs to get rid of him or is he actually on his side?

Sara kind of bored me...she legitimately freaks me out, but still, she needs to move her story along. It's like Maria all over again.

Finally with Kaito and Zero...oh Zero! My heart breaks for him. I couldn't stand it when he smiled at the thought of a chance to kill Sara. I really hope his hatred doesn't consume him. Kaito, smack him!
hobbitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 22:46   Link #1165
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The latest chapter (59 I think) is out and scanlated!
I actually liked this chapter more since it focused more on Zero (who has always been the most interesting of our two/three leads) and it's looking more and more like vampire hunters are part vampires or such themselves.
It also mentioned that there was/will be (didn't give a date) a short chapter focusing on Chairman Cross and giving some of his background which I'm very keen to see. Anyone know the date for that one?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 12:58   Link #1166
hobbitheart

Chapter 59

WHY IS THE END ALWAYS A CLIFFHANGER?!!!!

I knew that the chapter was supposed to be Zero-focused, and at first I thought it was a little weird. With Ichiru 'speaking' to Zero, it's kind of like...c'mon, lets move on and develop Zero's character, without reverting back to old feelings and stuff. Still, it was sort of sweet to see Zero with some flowers visiting his family, and trying to censor his feelings. Then it switched to Yuki, and I got more confused as to why she would randomly visit her old maid's grave on that particular day. Of course it HAD to be the same cemetery Zero was at. Then Touma randomly shows up and attacks Yuki. I mean, Yuki's stupid if she didn't do her research on each pureblood. Still, I thought she was going to totally fight back, but it turned even better when she got hurt and Zero came out. Good grief! Now I have to wait a whole month!
Old 2010-04-27, 20:46   Link #1167
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-27, 23:41   Link #1168
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Spoiler:
Hey, it's progress, and progress is a welcome change of pace for fans of a certain pairing like you and me, that it happened means she still cares... a lot. Wonderful chapter #60 was
Old 2010-04-30, 23:12   Link #1169
hobbitheart

Chapter 60 & Bonus Chapter

Bonus chapter:
YES! I wanted some backstory on Kaien-and it was told in a really cute way! So he did fall in love with Juuri...is this a forshadow of Zero and Yuki? Funny how those things work...anyways, loved it! Zero and Ichiryu were great too! I just want to hug Kaien when he's such a nerd...

Chapter 60:
Woo! Liked how it started with Rido getting into Kaname's conscience...interesting. Zero and Yuki=awesome lovidoviness. However, one little question for clarification: When Zero said that Yuki barely escaped dying when she almost bit him, was he referring to he himself killing her, or the Association taking care of it? Because I feel like if she did bite him, he'd get super angry, but I feel that since she bit him before and he didn't kill her, it would be pointless...?
Was Zero holding his heart and saying 'no' because he was trying to suppress his feelings?
Oh-and I really liked how Kaname's bats were chilling and they made the glass break when Zero and Yuki got a little too close...
Last thing: Poor Aidou. Someone give him a break!
Fav part: the part where Yuki realizes she's going to bit Zero and looks at him-*tears*
Old 2010-05-20, 17:41   Link #1170
carmolita

Has anyone been able to read the raw of chapter 62 online?????- I just saw it and it is Jaw dropping..I can't belive what I just saw...It's defintly a kaname x yuki chapter, but OMG I'm speechless..I will say one thing kaname beat the heck out of that brat
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 18:50   Link #1171
Knightrunner

The sub version came out and yep the little kid definately got beat up. It was an interesting chapter but I can't believe we have to wait forever again when the twist of Kaname past beginning to reveal itself.
Old 2010-05-31, 18:39   Link #1172
carmolita

tell me about it, the preview pic is mesmerizing
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 08:17   Link #1173
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I'll say it right now, latest chap is pretty sick. Always good to see the old Kaname...

So he's what...Over 10,000 years old? Or older seeing as how he was 10,000 when that random dude named him Kaname, and he had been around for so long already that he forgot his original name...And is pretty much one of several original Vamp's ever to exist? Then some started created more...While he tried living amongst humans who then tried to kill him and take his blood? I'm liking the flashbacks more then the actual story right now.

I hope this manga ends after the next arc or soon, and ends on a good note, with Zero dying.
Old 2010-06-30, 20:38   Link #1174
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I was just about to give up on this series when it was dragging around chapter 59/60 but decided to give it one more go and glad I did. Can I say FINALLY! we get to see the real Kaname and his past? And with all the so-called manipulative character he was accused of having, his past shows that he has always been the true good vampire who really cared for humans (more than himself).
Spoiler for chapter 62:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-06-30, 22:50   Link #1175
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I was just about to give up on this series when it was dragging around chapter 59/60 but decided to give it one more go and glad I did. Can I say FINALLY! we get to see the real Kaname and his past? And with all the so-called manipulative character he was accused of having, his past shows that he has always been the true good vampire who really cared for humans (more than himself).
Spoiler for chapter 62:
Well I think people were commenting on the fact that he is now a manipulative person. Whether in the past he was more whether in the past he was similar to Zero is fairly irrelevant unless to draw more of a parallel between their paths.

I thought it actually a fairly good move to make Kaname more similar to Zero. It shows what can possibly happen to Zero is he loses his moral bounds. Kaname isn't the same person he was back then I think that fairly obvious to see. The question is he a better or worse person? I vote worse. He even more cynical about the world changing that Zero. I believe Zero still holds out hope but by Kaname words last chapter I doubt he holds out much. Also he is more will now to do things that will kill people as long as it gets him what he wants. Instead of being sympathize to Zero situations because of the similarity he deemed to use it to his advantage and alienate someone already on the edge. For all his plotting all he's done is kill more of his own kind and push the tensions closing to the tipping point. For all this superior attitude he's has got he has accomplished almost nothing towards changing how things work in the VK world.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:36   Link #1176
hobbitheart

I just want to know two things about Kaname: How he died, and who he chose as his first wife (and what happened to her). Yeah, I feel bad for Kaname, and it's good that we're learning this stuff about him, but I feel there's not so much interaction anymore between the trio. Nothing's moving.
Old 2010-07-05, 19:27   Link #1177
shanin
Disabled By Request

T~T totally wish i could read some of the new chapters but shops near me don't sell VK (boo hoo ;3) i only finished volume 9 and i am craving more~~ totally wanna see some more shiki and rima action and ichijo. any news on them in the new chapters anyway?
shanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 16:44   Link #1178
hobbitheart

There is a little bit of those characters (maybe in Vol. 11?) that come back into play for one or two scenes, but it's just mainly the trio with Kaien and Aido. I know, I wish more of the characters were included (I'm sure they'll come back into play soon!)
Old 2010-09-08, 13:24   Link #1179
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

The latest chapter revealed quite a lot.
Spoiler for c63-64:

It's about time we come to truly see who Kaname really is and what his goals are.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-09-10, 15:19   Link #1180
Tomoya Okazaki
I hate this town

just finished vol. 10 soooo epic!!!
Tomoya Okazaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga