Notices

Old 2010-03-10, 08:48   Link #2281
Ehnra
Exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
The characterization seems very ridicule, how to explain:

SPOILER:

Vanille start to speak (shouting too) about her defense line for Pulse, because the other hate a place without know it, etc...etc.. and all the others totally ignore her like perfect groggy.
Thanks this basis you understand already one of next "sensational development" like the character in the party had to understand in a second, but...
At last the story is written for japanese people how like to japanese people, but for us, is very....ridicule.
Its a lot easier if you just say you didn't like the game

I really enjoy the characters and how they interact towards each other and the rest. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with Snows' emo attitude "I'm going to save everyone" but it still fits him and I'll live with it.
I have to admit I was kinda lost in the beginning with the story but I think it played out well, the whole Datalog option is really helpful to understand what happens if you are lost.
Old 2010-03-10, 08:48   Link #2282
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I Loved the scenes of Sarah And Snow
You mean Seraph and snow?

That guy is huge.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 10:00   Link #2283
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehnra View Post
Its a lot easier if you just say you didn't like the game

I really enjoy the characters and how they interact towards each other and the rest. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with Snows' emo attitude "I'm going to save everyone" but it still fits him and I'll live with it.
I have to admit I was kinda lost in the beginning with the story but I think it played out well, the whole Datalog option is really helpful to understand what happens if you are lost.
Look, in a sort of realistic way, if you're with people hate another country and their population and you're the only one defend what the others hate....a idiot can understand the meaning of it too.

But the reaction of other characters are non-existent, they seem come from the screenwriting school of "Lost".
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 10:28   Link #2284
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Look, in a sort of realistic way, if you're with people hate another country and their population and you're the only one defend what the others hate....a idiot can understand the meaning of it too.

But the reaction of other characters are non-existent, they seem come from the screenwriting school of "Lost".
Actually, there will always be varied reactions to characters. There are still a lot of people who aren't quite sold/who don't like the characters now. I wouldn't worry about having an opinion.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 14:45   Link #2285
Newhope

Pretty poor game overall nearly all the gameplay elements are stolen from older final fantasys or other games and it feels like your walking down one long tunnel.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 15:26   Link #2286
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty poor game overall nearly all the gameplay elements are stolen from older final fantasys or other games and it feels like your walking down one long tunnel.
I just got into the Pulse Fal'cie and it's definitely not a tunnel. I'm also only about 2 hours in and not 3 as has been advertised. Also generally FF games tend to build on their predecessors while also doing a bit of their own thing. This game is no different. Basically if you like Final Fantasy (like I do) you will probably find a lot to like about this game, but if you don't then it's not going to be a gateway game. That's my assessment.

Anyway got to hear Vanille's voice last night and it is indeed confusing to say the least. Like...does she have an accent or what cause I can't really tell? I think that's her speaking as the narrator with a faux British accent that a lot of actors do when they don't have anything distinctive to go on for a fictional culture, but then she has the put on voice for when she's talking in game that is all childlike. And yet sometimes she still sounds like she has an accent like when she's introducing herself to Fate...and then it's gone again mid sentence. Sloppy voice work (or rather a character read) is indeed a definite possibility. Hopefully whoever they got for her sorts her role out as the game goes on or it could be an immersion breaker.

Edit:

Spoiler for Vanille's Voice Acting:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-03-10 at 15:37.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 17:01   Link #2287
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

1090 pesos for the game (about 86 dollars), going as high as 1150 pesos in some places. >_<

I didn't wanted to rent this game, but I may well end up doing just that.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:11   Link #2288
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The Aussie accent really comes out during the monologues, but yeah i can't blame people for not noticing. I've been around the accent for some time, so i guess i'm just used to it.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:11   Link #2289
ShinGundam

Quote:
This is a joke, right?
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 17:14   Link #2290
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Never play Fire Emblem or The Legend of Zelda. In fact, watch out for any series of games.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 17:35   Link #2291
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
This is a joke, right?
I hope so too. It's like saying Street Fighter IV stole from SF 3 which stole from SF Alpha which stole from SF2.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 17:37   Link #2292
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
This is a joke, right?
Nearly every final fantasy before has used a new system FF13 just copys it's components from other game.

ATB=Panzer dragoon saga apart from having to wait for the full ATB to fill before you can do anything.
Paradigms=watered down job system from X-2
Crystogenesis=FF10 sphere grid just with even less customization
Staggering enemy=Ar Tonelico

I could go on but I can't be arsed.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:38   Link #2293
Xion Valkyrie

Vanille's VA's other works dubbed over random scenes from FFXIII, possible spoilers:

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-03-10 at 23:32.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 18:12   Link #2294
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Nearly every final fantasy before has used a new system FF13 just copys it's components from other game.

ATB=Panzer dragoon saga apart from having to wait for the full ATB to fill before you can do anything.
Paradigms=watered down job system from X-2
Crystogenesis=FF10 sphere grid just with even less customization
Staggering enemy=Ar Tonelico

I could go on but I can't be arsed.
Except you're still wrong.

ATB=Appeared in FFIV and other FFs before PDS, all they did was add chain commands which isn't unique to any game.
Paradigm= No their not, it a fusion of the Gambitlike A.I. and the Job system.
Crysturism= Close, but not exactly. It's class version of that system.
Staggering=Concept has existed before that game (Xenosaga 2) and just because that game did it first doesn't mean the Dev team copied it.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-03-11 at 00:18.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 20:48   Link #2295
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Anyway got to hear Vanille's voice last night and it is indeed confusing to say the least. Like...does she have an accent or what cause I can't really tell? I think that's her speaking as the narrator with a faux British accent that a lot of actors do when they don't have anything distinctive to go on for a fictional culture, but then she has the put on voice for when she's talking in game that is all childlike. And yet sometimes she still sounds like she has an accent like when she's introducing herself to Fate...and then it's gone again mid sentence. Sloppy voice work (or rather a character read) is indeed a definite possibility. Hopefully whoever they got for her sorts her role out as the game goes on or it could be an immersion breaker.

Edit:

While she may be Australian, she sounds more Irish to me.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 22:07   Link #2296
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Except you're still wrong.

ATB=Appeared in FFIV and other FFs before PDS, all they did was add chain commands which isn't unique to any game.
Paradigm= Not their not, it a fusion of the Gambitlike A.I. and the Job system.
Crysturism= Close, but not exactly. It's class version of that system.
Staggering=Concept has existed before that game (Xenosaga 2) and just because that game did it first doesn't mean the Dev team copied it.
Wasn't saying they where the frist they where just examples off the top of my head.
Old 2010-03-10, 22:10   Link #2297
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If I try, I can make a fine game like Uncharted 2 a completely rip-off from other games, too.

The question lies here is whether it's good or not. Original is overrated.
Old 2010-03-10, 22:36   Link #2298
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I want my maaya sakamoto back as lightning
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 03:47   Link #2299
McMilk
*Artist

Just tried the English dub today at friend's... overall the VA and all are okay, but I got really confused when I had to do Optima-- sorry, I meant Paradigm Shift. It was kind of funny because I couldn't get used to the "Commando" and "Ravager" and all that. Had to base it on the colours from the Japanese version (Red = ATK/COM, blue = BLA/RAV, etc).

Anyway, since everybody's talking about Vanille's voice, does anybody notice that she has accents that ranges from Australia, Britain, Texas, to American? I don't know, that's what I noticed. Doesn't really bother me though, I actually find it kind of cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I want my maaya sakamoto back as lightning
YEAH!!
Old 2010-03-11, 04:05   Link #2300
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Another Jrpg with a bad dub and no JP audio option.

Another Jrpg I won't be buying.

meh.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360