AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 00:33   Link #601
WiliamZ0

Poor Mikoto, Poor Index. Don't worry I will remember you guys even though your heroine status already replaced by likable version of you two
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:34   Link #602
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
According to one of the versions Othinus was exiled because he practiced magic that was that of women so being a chiefgod that was a disnouhour and had to left the throne/leadership to Ollerus.

Coincidence?
Eh, I do remember reading about something like that. Seiðr it's called.

Nice catch. And thanks to Kamachi, I can brush up on my knowledge on Norse Mythos.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:37   Link #603
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Ahahahahaha
Spoiler for click to show:
It looks like more Othinus is going to tell Touma "prepare your anus" rather than siding with him. I say it because of the shading on her face .

Quote:
Compare with original for maximum cruelty
Spoiler for from silver hair girl to blonde goddess:
On the other hand, Mikoto will never get one of these covers by Haimura .

*Still waits for Index III to get a Hamazura+Rikou cover*

They're putting too much expections on Othinus while I expect her to be her last volume alive the moment she shows her deredere version of Kamachi.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:49   Link #604
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm still expecting the next Academy City arc to be about Riko because of what Kihara Yuiitsu said... so I'm believing that if a Kamijou faction manifests and starts WWIV, then the Kiharas will try to take control of Riko so that they can build an army of super-powerful espers... (Agitate halation was the first priority and Rikou was second...) and whatever Yuiitsu has said so far, has pretty much always been right on the mark..
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:49   Link #605
entei08

Quote:
On the other hand, Mikoto will never get one of these covers by Haimura
No way, how can you forget the cover of NT3? It's what has boosted NT3's sales to the top of all NT volumes sales
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:51   Link #606
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
No way, how can you forget the cover of NT3? It's what has boosted NT3's sales to the top of all NT volumes sales
But she was actually relevant there. Here she's not relevant. Or is Miraluka just being mean to Mikoto again saying things like the day Touma asked for her help, he became the enemy of the world?
Old 2014-01-12, 00:52   Link #607
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

Quote:
Ahahahahaha
Spoiler for click to show:
Wow.. Just..wow

Everyone's really hyped about Touma & Othinus as a team eh.
What's the estimated release of the next vol? 4 months?
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:52   Link #608
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, I wonder why there is a picture of Misaka 10032, but not Mikoto

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:52   Link #609
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theroryu View Post
Wow.. Just..wow

Everyone's really hyped about Touma & Othinus as a team eh.
What's the estimated release of the next vol? 4 months?
Always, right? That's why they get released at the same months every year because 4 divides into 12. I think it only changed once or twice because of the anime?

Edit:

Yye1, I totally forgot she almost won the popularity poll. That's hilarious
Old 2014-01-12, 00:59   Link #610
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

Just a sad dream... it would tie Index back in to being important again...
It's Ok, Touma specifically mentioned cooking for Index as part of his desired lifestyle when he spat out everything that was hurting him to Will-san, no matter what little screen time Index gets she has a place in Touma's heart that no one can trump (I really hope this won't stir up any shipping talk again)
Old 2014-01-12, 00:59   Link #611
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Definitely, I'll just post some translations:

Spoiler for some comments contain spoiler:
Actually, this review actually has a big point. The events of this volume actually put Touma on a moral high ground. A lot of the people who hate Touma have a single common argument--his so-called preaching "without basis". After this volume, though, he will have (I'm using future tense since I still have yet to read the volume) experienced the worst of humanity in ways a majority of people could never even imagine.

That being said, it won't stop the haters or the Mikoto fanboys who can't see Mikoto's preaching about hard work and stuff as much less based in experience and reality than Touma's ever were.

Quote:
It's Ok, Touma specifically mentioned cooking for Index as part of his desired lifestyle when he spat out everything that was hurting him to Will-san, no matter what little screen time Index gets she has a place in Touma's heart that no one can trump (I really hope this won't stir up any shipping talk again)
I concur.
Old 2014-01-12, 00:59   Link #612
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I think I was clear when I said that I was waiting for Index III's Hamazura+Rikou cover .

About the anime, ANIME .

*Now I have the same expression of my avatar*

Quote:
Hell no, not again

Oh lol, so even in different worlds Index never cooks for Touma, now that should have been a torture to him, Othinus sure did her job

Quote:
But she was actually relevant there. Here she's not relevant. Or is Miraluka just being mean to Mikoto again saying things like the day Touma asked for her help, he became the enemy of the world?
Erm, that was Acer, not me and I told you that already that time .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:03   Link #613
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Actually, this review actually has a big point. The events of this volume actually put Touma on a moral high ground. A lot of the people who hate Touma have a single common argument--his so-called preaching "without basis". After this volume, though, he will have (I'm using future tense since I still have yet to read the volume) experienced the worst of humanity in ways a majority of people could never even imagine.

That being said, it won't stop the haters or the Mikoto fanboys who can't see Mikoto's preaching about hard work and stuff as much less based in experience and reality than Touma's ever were.
Super interesting point, and what's the point of waiting for the real spoilers to come out, if you read them anyway? Isn't that the same as just reading the fake spoilers first, and then possibly finding out they might not be real...?

And to Miraluka oops and I'll remember it this time... but fine, I thought you didn't like Mikoto anyway... & sorry... *sigh*

Anyway, I made that joke earlier, because sadly it is pretty ironic.

And that makes sense, she really shouldn't be on any of the season covers... that would be out of place...

I really want to read the volume so I can find things other people missed (it's great when that happens, so then you notice more foreshadowing )
Old 2014-01-12, 01:09   Link #614
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Super interesting point, and what's the point of waiting for the real spoilers to come out, if you read them anyway? Isn't that the same as just reading the fake spoilers first, and then possibly finding out they might not be real...?
You're being the incomprehensible archangel again…or it could just be me getting tired.
I haven't read the spoilers at all. I have only seen the illustrations and am piecing together a general picture from what you guys are saying.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:10   Link #615
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
You're being the incomprehensible archangel again…or it could just be me getting tired.
I haven't read the spoilers at all. I have only seen the illustrations and am piecing together a general picture from what you guys are saying.

That was very poorly phrased on my part. And I'm tired, so I'm being really lazy with my typing.

Oh. Lol. I thought you already read them because you gave up. I was just trying to convince you to join us and read them. Well, I'm sure it'll be much better for you especially on this one because you didn't spoil yourself, but well that's just how the die falls sometimes...

Also, I find it funny now that Touma can easily understand how Yakumi from the board of directors feels...
Spoiler:

Also, experiencing suffering doesn't exactly put him on a higher moral ground to anyone except the reader if no one else knows he experienced it. (Maybe that was the point...)

And I'm still not sure if that actually gives him a higher moral ground... though now that I think about it... I wonder if any of these ways of dying will foreshadow anything to come...

Last edited by dniv; 2014-01-12 at 01:23.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:19   Link #616
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

Quote:
Also, I find it funny now that Touma can easily understand how Yasumi from the board of directors feels...
Spoiler:
Maybe he's experienced a similar version of the others' suffering as well? He's been to countless versions of worlds where all of it were aiming to break him. Who knows. Maybe in one world he's someone who was forced to kill twenty thousand clones, another being forced to destroy a nation, etc.

When he was brought to a world, the deed has already been done. So even though the 'present' Touma wouldn't do it, the past already states that he did.
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:21   Link #617
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
That was very poorly phrased on my part. And I'm tired, so I'm being really lazy with my typing.

Oh. Lol. I thought you already read them because you gave up. I was just trying to convince you to join us and read them. Well, I'm sure it'll be much better for you especially on this one because you didn't spoil yourself, but well that's just how the die falls sometimes...
At this point, I feel that I am going to enjoy this volume considering that I will be going into it mostly blind.

Quote:
Also, I find it funny now that Touma can easily understand how Yakumi from the board of directors feels...
Spoiler:

Also, experiencing suffering doesn't exactly put him on a higher moral ground to anyone except the reader if no one else knows he experienced it. (Maybe that was the point...)

And I'm still not sure if that actually gives him a higher moral ground... though now that I think about it... I wonder if any of these ways of dying will foreshadow anything to come...
Technically, nobody knows that Yakumi was even eaten or where she was except for Frau (I miss her).

My point is that Touma has experienced…whatever dark, disturbing stuff Othinus made him experience. (Don't know the specifics and don't want to until js06 translates it) The reader now knows that and has little reason, if at all, to criticize his view points as he has seen Hell.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:25   Link #618
entei08

Quote:
Oh lol, so even in different worlds Index never cooks for Touma, now that should have been a torture to him, Othinus sure did her job
What if I told you...that the eaten by people he knew ending might have had Index in it?

Index "cooking for Touma" indeed, and we were joking how one day she might bite his head off
Old 2014-01-12, 01:25   Link #619
Goldzero

Quote:
Always, right? That's why they get released at the same months every year because 4 divides into 12. I think it only changed once or twice because of the anime?

Edit:

Yye1, I totally forgot she almost won the popularity poll. That's hilarious
what popularity poll, care to message me the poll?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 01:27   Link #620
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
At this point, I feel that I am going to enjoy this volume considering that I will be going into it mostly blind.

Technically, nobody knows that Yakumi was even eaten or where she was except for Frau (I miss her).

My point is that Touma has experienced…whatever dark, disturbing stuff Othinus made him experience. (Don't know the specifics and don't want to until js06 translates it) The reader now knows that and has little reason, if at all, to criticize his view points as he has seen Hell.
I still feel there's the fundamental problem with different people having different reactions to the same situation. Just because Touma experienced all of that doesn't mean that the opinion he has gathered on each situation is right. It just means that he has a little experience there. Anyway else that thinks about it logically, should still have the same moral standing as he does even if they haven't experienced it.

Though I might just be too sick & sleepy to not be thinking about this clearly at all...

@Goldzero, the official one! (that was messed up)

Tags
infinite hell