AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 17:55   Link #221
Traece
:cool:

Starting this series I was holding out a concern that it would be similar to Infinite Stratos. Some similarities certainly do exist, but I'm pleased to see that I can wipe that concern away.

This show seems pretty interesting. The idea isn't particularly unique, but I do rather like the way they've approached it. Just as well, I'm actually shocked to say that blonde romantic interest #1 is surprisingly likable for being the sort of character she is. I think part of that is a result of the art style, which is a bit unique as well. I like the way characters are drawn here, because the side-angle view of them is different from normal. The CG was terrible though.

At any rate, as long as Yaya isn't always so overly-attached to her master I think I can enjoy Machine-doll.
Old 2013-10-09, 19:52   Link #222
HandofFate

don't see the complaint about the 'bad' CGI on the dragon. That's really all they can do with him. He's just a blob of a dragon.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 20:04   Link #223
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Unwatchable Machine Animation
Old 2013-10-09, 21:54   Link #224
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad of a start but Raishin seem like anther jerk
Old 2013-10-09, 23:20   Link #225
Shinhwa
Banned

Story is nice and after watching this series, I went ahead and read the manga too, but let me just say the animation style of this series is not my style, probably because of it having the same style as OreShura's animation style, which I don't like in terms of art style because of how their eyes are drawn... (same artist...)

But yeah story is awesome so I will watch this till the end x)

Last edited by Shinhwa; 2013-10-10 at 00:18.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:02   Link #226
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
Unwatchable Machine Animation
Agreed...This is the second show this season that I had to walk away form because someone thought 3D shell animation would be a good idea.

I hope this whole CGI thing doesn't become the new standard it just seems like a very cheap alternative to hiring talented animators.
Old 2013-10-10, 01:13   Link #227
Shinhwa
Banned

More like the story is freaking awesome, but the art style is bad... The manga has better way of portraying the characters than the anime/novel art because the artist has a bit of an odd style of drawing...

If they did a totally different style of drawing in the anime, I wouldn't complain, but just like with Oreshura, they totally used the same art style that the artist used that the animation art style went kind of bad...

Story = good

Art/Animation = disappointing...

But yeah the story is what I care so I will still watch it, but seriously the animation style is disappointing kind of... T____T

The series is really awesome though storywise, after having read the manga up the current chapter and seeing the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well not to bad of a start but Raishin seem like anther jerk
Actually he is like certain someone who you know, who the girl in your avatar loves
Old 2013-10-10, 13:02   Link #228
Frontier

I personally really enjoyed the premier!

While the CG is definitely not one of the show's strong suits, and is lackluster compared to some of the other CG this season, I thought that otherwise the animation wasn't half bad. As for the fight scenes, while there's not much to say about Yaya vs. Sigmund, I thought the ensuing melee a trois was nice, especially Yaya and Raishin tearing through all those dolls. RDJ's Holmes, and by extension Guy Ritchie, would be proud .

Raishin so far is shaping up to be a good protagonist. He's determined, confident, straight-forward, and with a mysterious past to boot. I like how even though he's after revenge, he doesn't seem wholeheartedly obsessed with obtaining it and is still a nice guy in spite of it. He's open about how he's using Yaya as a tool for a revenge but I'm sure that he really does appreciate her, even if he could do without her advances. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more from him!

Count me in the camp that found Yaya extremely cute and endearing . And considering what Yaya said regarding dolls and their masters, and how Raishin likely did something to make her really fall in love with him, I can understand her clinginess and jealousy. And I don't think her clinginess was as bad as some other anime characters, especially when there was also focus on her loyalty and combat effectiveness. She's certainly someone I wouldn't mind as a lover.

Charlotte's a tsundere, and quite an attractive and entertaining one at that! I especially like her beret !

And in her defense, her coldness towards others is acknowledged as a character flaw by Sigmund. She's confident, but not cruel, and likely has her reasons for distancing herself from others. What with this being the first episode, I'd bet she'll likely have plenty of development as a person over the course of the series. I'm especially interested to see her interest in Raishin grow, and to see more Dere from her .

I really liked the opening. And I think it makes for a very fitting Character Song for Yaya, considering how Hitomi Hirada also sings it and I feel the lyrics convey Yaya's feelings for Raishin well.

All in all, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the premier and will definitely be watching more this series!

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-11 at 14:58.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 14:20   Link #229
XFire
150% done

So far this series is the first this season I'm actually looking forward too.

The CGI was a little obvious for my tastes, but to be honest I was too busy laughing at Yaya's antics (she tried to hypnotize her master in his sleep) to really care. My other complaint would be the character designs seem a little baby-faced to me, but it doesn't really make much difference when watching them in action.

I'm really liking Raishin. The casual way he handles Yaya is hilarious, and it's nice to see a male lead that's is actually competent without being totally invincible.

Yaya is going to be great fun, I can tell already. A comedic yandere character paired with a male lead who won't let her walk all over him is a recipe for disaster and laughs aplenty.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:00   Link #230
larethian

I must first declare that I know nothing about the source material, except that many of my fellow LN lovers love this. I have neither read the LN nor the manga, and never even once looked at the spoilers. So what I post here is mere speculation.

I don't know how many of you think this, but doesn't that dead girl in Raishin's arms in his flashback look like Yaya (though I only caught a glimpse and didn't rewind to confirm)?? It seems to me the automaton Yaya is made with the llikeness of the 'real' Yaya?? And Yaya's personality might just be to cockblock Raishin p***yblock other girls; that or she has some remnants of the spirit of the original Yaya? It might be a wild guess of mine but it looks like there might be a tragedy backstory brewing. Of course I know a harem will develop for sure since it's MF
But I will watch this for sure.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 21:04   Link #231
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't know how many of you think this, but doesn't that dead girl in Raishin's arms in his flashback look like Yaya (though I only caught a glimpse and didn't rewind to confirm)?? It seems to me the automaton Yaya is made with the llikeness of the 'real' Yaya?? And Yaya's personality might just be to cockblock Raishin p***yblock other girls; that or she has some remnants of the spirit of the original Yaya? It might be a wild guess of mine but it looks like there might be a tragedy backstory brewing. Of course I know a harem will develop for sure since it's MF
Go read the manga at least. It's awesome.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:11   Link #232
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I must first declare that I know nothing about the source material, except that many of my fellow LN lovers love this. I have neither read the LN nor the manga, and never even once looked at the spoilers. So what I post here is mere speculation.

While that would certainly be interesting, it is far too light-hearted for this series. Yes, his little sister being turned into a living weapon is light-hearted for this series. Shit be crazy in this world.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:00   Link #233
larethian

Why are you guys spoiling? Don't you know the rules? Die a hundred times please.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:18   Link #234
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The visuals look impressive at first glance though, but I've never seen as much CGI in a show as this one. I must say that the art style looks quite odd to me, but odd in the sense that I need to get used to this, rather than it actually being bad.

What I loved about the episode is the boke-tsukkomi routine between Yaya and Raishin, especially with Yaya's lewd suggestions and constantly trying to get in his pants. The Hitomi Harada-Hiro Shimono dynamic works very well in tandem, especially drawing experience from BakaTest previously.

Sigmund's somewhat snarky behaviour was quite entertaining - he seemed like a father-figure to Char than her automaton.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 23:29   Link #235
Shinhwa
Banned

Sigmund = Kotomine Kirei in disguise!!! O___O
Old 2013-10-11, 14:33   Link #236
chaos_animagic

heh, Yaya was cute in the manga, but in the anime she's even cuter with her voice, lol.

could work on her personality tho... she's super direct, lol.

And for Sigmund... LOL

Here I thought he would have a much higher voice when he's in chibi dragon form.
But instead, he just doesn't have the echo when he's in full form.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-10-11 at 16:27.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 03:29   Link #237
bigdeath

Quote:
Why are you guys spoiling? Don't you know the rules? Die a hundred times please.
They've spoiled nothing. Relax. Who or what Yaya is is going to be speculated upon because thats what the story clearly wants us to do. Shes suppose to be a doll but Yaya seems indistinguishable form a human girl. Well just have to wait to find out more.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 20:16   Link #238
blewin

I was gonna pass this by as the idea of machine doll seems a bit overdone, but I'm glad I didn't. The first episode did all the right things to trigger and keep my interest, and I like a main lead who is confident despite his seeming failure (and not confident over the top like Naruto - sometimes). Plus like others said, the blonde girl isn't annoying either.

and I've no problem with the CG, so will be sticking with this show unless it gets really bad.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 01:31   Link #239
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The CG was not that bad, definitely it would be better without it, but it's passable for now. Generally, considering how unoriginal everything is, the first episode was rather entertaining.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 02:46   Link #240
Velsy

I havent watched it yet but I will sometime. Its one of my favourit mangas and I would read the light novel if it would get translated to english. Kind a shame to hear the comments about how poor the studio doing the artwork is performing. This series deserves better.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, comedy, harem