5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-18, 23:52   Link #21
Chichiryuushintei

This is the Anime subforum, please, spoiler tag your comment.

Spoiler for Answer:
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 01:18   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Only complaint I have for the episode is that Rias's "iyaan" wasn't as pronounced and exaggerated as I was expecting. Was expecting more of a *snap* like at the end of season 2 for Issei, but this works too I guess.

But overall, enjoyed the episode. Kuroka was perfect levels bitch and seductive. Tannin was quite humorous with his dismay at Issei.
Agreed, needs more dramatic "Iyaan~!" just like the first episode. Oh well, at least Issei leveled up with the power of nipples!

Meanwhile, I was wondering if Odin is one of the good guys since he look like a typical old villain? But hey, at least Odin has Rossweisse on his side, and she'll make her formal appearance next week!

By the way, is this week's episode the end of Volume 5?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 02:17   Link #23
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I'm utterly disappointed by the character designs of characters that wasn't given any character illustrations.Was Miyama Zero involved?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 06:12   Link #24
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
I'm utterly disappointed by the character designs of characters that wasn't given any character illustrations.Was Miyama Zero involved?
I don't think he is.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 06:14   Link #25
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Agreed, needs more dramatic "Iyaan~!" just like the first episode. Oh well, at least Issei leveled up with the power of nipples!

Meanwhile, I was wondering if Odin is one of the good guys since he look like a typical old villain? But hey, at least Odin has Rossweisse on his side, and she'll make her formal appearance next week!

By the way, is this week's episode the end of Volume 5?
No their adding volume 7 and some filler into volume 5 it should get back to volume 5 at about episode 6 I think.
Old 2015-04-19, 20:59   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I get a bit of a feeling that the creators are trying to hurry the character changes along a bit. First it was the girls in Issei's class starting to squeal over mention of his "package" well before the training mission that's supposed to get him buff enough to make those girls overlook his perversion, and then there's Koneko. Koneko is incredibly docile compared to the previous seasons. Absurdly so. This is understandable at this point, what with her fighting her sister and trying to come to terms with both the true nature she fears and the lack of any special powers beside this in a team full of unique talents. However, she was showing this docile, submissive and slightly brooding attitude before any of the apparent causes came into play. She just suddenly went from the number one snarker to a meek little kitten without any warning or reason. Showing a character's change is a great thing, but there's something wrong about showing the change before showing the cause of that change, especially if you imply that the change happened before its catalyst.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 21:38   Link #27
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starway View Post
No their adding volume 7 and some filler into volume 5 it should get back to volume 5 at about episode 6 I think.
Okay, but now I'm worried about the 2nd half of BorN in regards to the adaptation of Volumes 6 & 7.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-19, 21:40   Link #28
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Tannin's exchange with Issei was hilarous. I lol'd just like when I first read that scene.
Agreed. Issei's problem during the fight was picking which one to poke
Old 2015-04-19, 21:50   Link #29
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Okay, but now I'm worried about the 2nd half of BorN in regards to the adaptation of Volumes 6 & 7.
No need to be, more than half of Volume 6 was fights, and except for the last one, all the others can be fit into one episode if done correctly.

I don't know what parts they'll do for Volume 7 before going back to the order, so I don't know about that, but I'm not worried, I think it'll turn out well.
Old 2015-04-20, 08:14   Link #30
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Tannin's exchange with Issei was hilarous. I lol'd just like when I first read that scene.
That was funny. So nice to finally see that animated. I laughed reading and watching.

My boy Ddraig I laughed at what he said too.

Spoiler for Ddraig and Tannin:
Old 2015-04-20, 09:49   Link #31
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I get a bit of a feeling that the creators are trying to hurry the character changes along a bit. First it was the girls in Issei's class starting to squeal over mention of his "package" well before the training mission that's supposed to get him buff enough to make those girls overlook his perversion, and then there's Koneko. Koneko is incredibly docile compared to the previous seasons. Absurdly so. This is understandable at this point, what with her fighting her sister and trying to come to terms with both the true nature she fears and the lack of any special powers beside this in a team full of unique talents. However, she was showing this docile, submissive and slightly brooding attitude before any of the apparent causes came into play. She just suddenly went from the number one snarker to a meek little kitten without any warning or reason. Showing a character's change is a great thing, but there's something wrong about showing the change before showing the cause of that change, especially if you imply that the change happened before its catalyst.
She's been in her mind the most "useless" of the group for a little while now just go back last season and you can see she has been getting more and more overpassed by Ise, Kiba, and even Gasper and her power thing has been in the back of her mind all the time since her sisters powers apeerently from her point of veiw drove her mad and made her kill their master
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 14:18   Link #32
dmaxzero

I... I don't know. I am not disappointed, but neither happy with this. Kind of meh, I wanted to see this season, but feels so... unpolished. Like, I knew the animation was going to be average at best, but still season 1 was overall so much better, it actually made wanted to see the next episode. Now I am seeing this out of a sense of "duty", like I saw all that, gotta see this no matter what...

I don´t know.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 16:27   Link #33
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
She's been in her mind the most "useless" of the group for a little while now just go back last season and you can see she has been getting more and more overpassed by Ise, Kiba, and even Gasper and her power thing has been in the back of her mind all the time since her sisters powers apeerently from her point of veiw drove her mad and made her kill their master
Ignore the the person who apprently forgot what happened in season 2.

Koneko lost heavily in the team battle, completely slapped around during the excalibur instance and was ineffective even as a guard for gasper during the terriorist incident.

Even the quiet ones have pride.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 21:57   Link #34
The 48th Ronin

Well, that's a decent episode, I guess.

Oh, and is it just me, or Fenrir looks really weird?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 21:57   Link #35
GDB

He does, but I'm not judging any animation quality until the BDs come out. So much can be tweaked between now and then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 21:58   Link #36
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Well, that's a decent episode, I guess.

Oh, and is it just me, or Fenrir looks really weird?
its not you i didnt like Fenrir at all or Loki for that matter.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 22:03   Link #37
The 48th Ronin

Loki looks good to me. His weird looks live up to his reputation.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 22:24   Link #38
Chichiryuushintei

The idea behind Fenrir's design is really cool. The colour pallet choice was also pretty good as well. But this episode reeked of low budget, not only Fenrir, but the Tannin VS Bikou fight as well. But, like GDB said, they should fix it in the BDs to a certain extent.
Old 2015-04-20, 22:30   Link #39
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I like Loki's design the more I look at it. As for Fenrir the only thing that bugs me is his color. I'm not sure why but I expected him to be more brown than black.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 22:42   Link #40
Archilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The idea behind Fenrir's design is really cool. The colour pallet choice was also pretty good as well. But this episode reeked of low budget, not only Fenrir, but the Tannin VS Bikou fight as well. But, like GDB said, they should fix it in the BDs to a certain extent.
It feels like the every cent that was taken away from the animations you mentioned went to shading on complete Balance Breaker. To be fair, it looks totally awesome. I would hope if this season sells well (I know that personally I'm seeing Funimation push DxD in my face constantly on the Funi app) they can spread the love around a little bit. I know they're a small studio, but it's obvious they have the talent.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote