AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-03-20, 17:50   Link #341
nojay
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
. Ainz has tons of experience in PvP and while he wasn't the strongest player (only upper mid level, according to himself), he participated in many battles alongside the guild and is rather good at formulating battle strategies.
The battle with Shalltear went pretty much as Ainz had predicted and planned while Shalltear was winging it (literally on occasion) and changing strategies continuously. It wasn't actually close in the end even though Shalltear's build-out as an NPC plus her gear was pretty much aimed as a counter to Momonga's strengths by her creator Peroroncino.

Pro betting tip: if one combatant is into maniacal laughter and the other is cold and calculating put your last dollar on Mister Rational.

If all else fails Ainz has multiple World Items at his beck and call, including at least one of the Twenty as an absolute "use it and lose it" last resort.
__________________
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 17:55   Link #342
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's actually one of the least evil Pleiades. At least she only sees humans as food.
Very true. Keep in mind that Entoma's first reaction was to ask if both of them could just forget they saw each other and walk away. Not her fault silly humans want to throw their lives away.

And man, insulting Entoma's suitability to be a maid. Talk about triggered. If Evileye didn't have a perfect counter spell to Entoma then she'd have died a slow and painful death.
__________________
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 18:18   Link #343
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the Database
Looks like it wasn't Tuare that was in that prison cell, or something has been done to her...
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 18:35   Link #344
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Looks like it wasn't Tuare that was in that prison cell, or something has been done to her...
Actually Climb did rescue her. It just that the scene passed by really fast.
__________________
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:00   Link #345
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Oh hell I know who is Dermuge's source! Princess could've asked not to kill her other friends but she is a Yandere for Climb.

Sebas is triggered by some newb calling himself Undead King. Now he is just dead along with his pals. Zero got away. Climb and company secure Tsuare. I feel sorry for the mooks.

Drug lady is pretty good judging Mare is a boy. I don't see Mare as cruel intentionally but he sees it as a choir.

Entoma is Kumuko?!

Ah yes things are going just as planned for Monmon. Feels kinda Palpatine.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:02   Link #346
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Looks like it wasn't Tuare that was in that prison cell, or something has been done to her...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Actually Climb did rescue her. It just that the scene passed by really fast.
i think he means by "how they covered her face" on that episode, it's looked really suspicous, how they don't proper showed her face as if or is not really her or something happened on her face, or at last her eyes, that scene was pretty "dubious" about if was really tuare and if something happened with her.

i really don't get ains, character at all, sometimes he does seens to want be a good person but others times not, his "undead status' also many times don't look so reliable about "how good and evil he can be, because it's looks like not totally preventing him from having feelings but only when they grow "too high" like he can get anger, or happy, or jelly or whatever emotion" he want as long it don't pass some "level" which is when the curse act and even with that, being good and evil is not "totally bended with "emotions', you can still don't feel emotions and still know what is good and evil or wrong and right, because it also had to do with "brains, logic and personality, but with ainz is a little complicated, currently he is trying to play the "hero" by fighting against his own warriors as he "planned" in secret and he don't care if some "innocent heroes" are killed by his army aslong they don't attack him as he ordered, it's feel like as if he is taking the situation as he is really trapped in a game and he see most of the peoples here as "just npcs" which he don't need to care and can do almost whatever he want, but in other hand we have see him try to vallue lifes like tuaren because of his "promise" which if him was really totally denied of emotions he was not supposed to care about it, well even the fact which him care about the denizes of nazerick already make things looks ugly, i'm not saying which i hate him or something like that, but it's really bug me how "his evil x good" is played, it's really feel too cheap, like when the writer want he be evil he will be evil and when he want him be good he will be good without any real good reason for neither side it's just "for the sake of writing", it's really feel bad on that for me i would love to have a bettler explanation about it, because so far it's really looks bad or lacking.

then finally the battle of ainz x demiurge is going to happen and it's good which they not repeat the same "rebel idea" which somehow demiurge betrayed it's just a ainz scheme to "look cool", but it's weird the fact which he is keeping it as a "secret" his life as a hero and only feel peoples know it (it's looks so far only 2 maids know about it)

Another note looks like also demiurge also have his own "agenda" inside of ainz plans to trash the 8 fingers, demiurge also want do "something" for himself.

i really hope the battle gonna be good and also hope no one of the "good guys" die at last not now.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:06   Link #347
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Everyone in Nazarick knows about Momon being Ainz.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:15   Link #348
DemonneoPT
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Portugal
This episode really shown how terryfying Nazarick can be. That Mare and Entoma scene... holy shit. They are indeed the villains in this story
Overall, it was a very cool episode. Sure, the animation was weak as always but it had so many stuff going on, some hints regarding world building and more importantly, more screen time dedicated to a different pleiade maid. I really like them.
And Sebas tho. His opponents' faces were priceless after he One Punch Man them


Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Keep in mind, that Evileye had a spell that was especially designed to make her most effective abilities (bug summoning) useless. Considering she's a summoner and her summons were neutralized, she became very limited. Even then, it took the 3/5 of an Adamantite Party to beat her.
Not only that but i also got the impression Evileye is way above an adamantite class adventurer. Even Demiurge said so. She is probably almost as strong as a pleiade maid which is insane actually, taken into account the powerlevels shown by humans until now.

Regarding the discussion about ShaltearvsAinz, Ainz actually lost his one on one battle against her since Aura prevented Shaltear from countering Ainz's last attack and secure the win. Ainz might be experienced in PvP, having tons of pay to win gear and knowing everything regarding Yggdrasil mechanics, however, when facing so much power and class disadvantages, not even him can make miracles.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:28   Link #349
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
This is actually a rather smart plan of Ainz' part. Sure he could just let his followers dispose of Blue Rose here, but he wouldn't exactly gain much from that. But by saving them in front of an enemy that could overpower them, he instead bolsters his reputation as an adventurer and that reputation could come in handy later. It's manipulative, but one could argue that's it a bit more merciful to BR.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:35   Link #350
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Everyone in Nazarick knows about Momon being Ainz.
them the "mysterious" person which demiurge warned then to not "kill" not was momon/ainz????? was someone else?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:46   Link #351
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Entoma is Kumuko?!

You mean Kumoko? You read that Manga as well? *high five

lol
__________________
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 20:43   Link #352
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
them the "mysterious" person which demiurge warned then to not "kill" not was momon/ainz????? was someone else?
Yes, it was someone else. If you look at the projection's part that was shown, it's quite evident that from the known characters the only realistic possibilities would be most likely Climb. Though specifically mentioning Shalltear indicates that it might be Brain as well for some reason. Other than that it might also be Stronoff just because he was already saved once by Ainz.


And by the way, you say all of this is according to Ainz's "keikaku", but he left the entire operation up to Demi-Urge. If it was really all according to Ainz's "keikaku" there wouldn't be any need for him to pretend to hand over command to Demi-Urge for no reason, right? He could have just personally taken command and left Demi-Urge with the troublesome stuff to deal with or something like that. And yet Ainz clearly treated it as if it had nothing to do with him. What's the explanation for this? Does Ainz have some strange reason to act like this, or is it perhaps just a chance meeting? Find out in next episode of OVERLORD!

(TL note: keikaku means plan)
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 22:12   Link #353
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Solution so sexy.

Also, if Albedo met someone named Momonga, would she love that person?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 22:20   Link #354
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Solution so sexy.
the sexiest blob
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 23:15   Link #355
SilverGlavenus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere in this Universe
Hey now that I think about it, the Slane Theocracy is way stronger than this country. Heck, too bad that they pissed off Ainz, if not, their angels could very well destroy this country.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 23:30   Link #356
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
This is actually a rather smart plan of Ainz' part. Sure he could just let his followers dispose of Blue Rose here, but he wouldn't exactly gain much from that. But by saving them in front of an enemy that could overpower them, he instead bolsters his reputation as an adventurer and that reputation could come in handy later. It's manipulative, but one could argue that's it a bit more merciful to BR.
Well technically two of them are dead so he hasn't saved much at this point. Not overly merciful considering this was a completely unnecessary fight.

I mean props to him. He's doing a good job as a villain. Creating his side as not only the biggest threat in that world but himself as the only one able to stop them. He's cornering the market on what the public considers evil and a hero.

Hopefully they don't drag out this fake fight too much.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 01:44   Link #357
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Regarding the discussion about ShaltearvsAinz, Ainz actually lost his one on one battle against her since Aura prevented Shaltear from countering Ainz's last attack and secure the win. Ainz might be experienced in PvP, having tons of pay to win gear and knowing everything regarding Yggdrasil mechanics, however, when facing so much power and class disadvantages, not even him can make miracles.
It's sentimentality that almost lost him that battle, though. At the last moment, he hesitated.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 04:46   Link #358
nojay
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's sentimentality that almost lost him that battle, though. At the last moment, he hesitated.
And he had Aura in place, ready to distract Shalltear if necessary. There's a business term, the 6 Ps -- Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Shalltear had no real chance and she even acknowledged that right at the end.

Suzuki Satoru is a shaking blob of jelly when it comes to administering Nazarick but as a PvP, as long as he knows everything about his opponent (and that might cost him a loss when they first meet) he can normally take them the second time around. He *knows* Shalltear, her abilities, her equipment, her buffs and the gaps in her armour. The only thing that surprised him during their battle was the sequence in which she carried out her attacks plus her use of friendly fire to recover MP and HP when she used the Spruit Lance on her summons, and that wasn't possible in Yggdrasil.

The story keeps on emphasising that Ainz is an informivore, he consumes information. Again and again he emphasises to his subordinates the necessity to gain intelligence about the world around Nazarick, observing, recording and collating knowledge of how and what and where. Other Ainz Ooal Gown players might have concentrated on rare drops, levelling up and stat buffs, Momonga was squirreling away the data they needed to work as a Guild. He ain't no Leeeeroy Jenkins!!!
__________________
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 05:16   Link #359
SilverGlavenus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere in this Universe
^Iirc, Ainz Ooal Gown is not even the strongest guild back in Yggdrasil. Is there a chance someone from one of the stronger guilds got into this world too ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 05:59   Link #360
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^Iirc, Ainz Ooal Gown is not even the strongest guild back in Yggdrasil. Is there a chance someone from one of the stronger guilds got into this world too ??
Yes, they had some of the strongest players in the game. Touch Me was one of the nine World Champions (the 9 strongest players in the whole game). Ulbert (Demiurge's creator), his rival, had the highest magical damage output in the guild, since he specialized in destructive magic and could easily wipe out anything in the area (but ran out of mana quickly). Takemikazuchi (Cocytus' creator) was a warrior with insane damage output along with the ninja Nishikienrai (Nabe's creator). Peroroncino (Shalltear's creator) was obsessed with perfect builds (thus how Shalltear turned out) and had insane range attacks. His sister Bukubukuchagama (Mare and Aura's creator) was a commander and incredibly experienced and intelligent. And there were several others.

While they were not the STRONGEST guild, they were never conquered. Nazarick, after they settled there, was impenetrable and even a coalition of guilds failed miserably when they tried to attack them. There was also another key factor... one of the requirements of joining the guild was that they had to be adults with jobs... that meant that they had access to a lot of cash items. Ainz Ooal Gown was very Pay-to-Win in their approach. Momonga was especially guilty of this.

Momonga was, above all else, a Roleplayer. He intentionally made himself weaker by picking classes and skills he didn't need, so he could meet the requirements of the Overlord class. All this, because he wanted to roleplay as the evil Overlord of Death.

That said, a normal level 100 magic caster in the game could learn up to 300 spells. Ainz knows 718 different spells because of a special ability. That in itself is impressive and allowed him to adapt to situations rather quickly against players and in raids.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.