AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-03-28, 10:12   Link #401
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
MUST...protecc dat SMILEEE!!!
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:22   Link #402
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
^ And that's why I hated this animated version; Sebas did not Saitama the 6 arms.

Anyway, now that that part of the show's over, here's what I had really wanted to see adapted:
Spoiler:


I'm no fan of Sebas, I'm not even picky about what they adapt in, or adapt out - (If you saw my comments in the LN section you'd know I go ape over all the extra/troll material the author keep dropping). But honestly, as far as the anime is concerned, can't they have done better?

Spoiler:
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 11:45   Link #403
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
I'm no fan of Sebas, I'm not even picky about what they adapt in, or adapt out - (If you saw my comments in the LN section you'd know I go ape over all the extra/troll material the author keep dropping). But honestly, as far as the anime is concerned, can't they have done better?

Spoiler:
Ainz only showed up once. The anime has put in more info then a lot of the LN readers give it credit for, it just does not set up giant neon signs pointing it out.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 12:03   Link #404
Ultragunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ And that's why I hated this animated version; Sebas did not Saitama the 6 arms.

Anyway, now that that part of the show's over, here's what I had really wanted to see adapted:
Spoiler:


I'm no fan of Sebas, I'm not even picky about what they adapt in, or adapt out - (If you saw my comments in the LN section you'd know I go ape over all the extra/troll material the author keep dropping). But honestly, as far as the anime is concerned, can't they have done better?

Spoiler:
yeah, I can’t disagree with you on how the anime could have been done better.

However, Victim has been hinted to possess some special ability upon death/sacrifice and it is integral to the defense of Nazarick; there were also hints that the “first” Ainz wasn’t really himself (the guy almost broke into some dramatic rhythm of speech )
__________________
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 12:33   Link #405
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Ainz only showed up once. The anime has put in more info then a lot of the LN readers give it credit for, it just does not set up giant neon signs pointing it out.
Yeah, it put in too much useless info and removed the entertaining ones that actually mattered - things like maids, or the Pleiades, or more maids. Seriously, I'm not putting my hopes on the next ep.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 13:03   Link #406
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That wouldn't be a long match.




The dragon did mention Yggdrasil in EP1 as well as "guild weapons". However it may be possible that the two are simply aware of Yggdrasil and the people\creature that came from it and not necessarily ex Yggdrasil players themselves.

For instance the two characters that appeared at the start of the same episode know about Rubik Cubes and that they were brought to their world 600 years before by the "Six Gods". It is pretty safe to assume that those "Six Gods" came from modern Earth just like Momon, and they might have spread knowledge about themselves and the world they came from.
Yeah, some vocabulary has spread. Incidentally, Evil Eye believes Momon to be a "Godkin", that is, a descendant of "Players", who are effectively gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ And that's why I hated this animated version; Sebas did not Saitama the 6 arms.

Anyway, now that that part of the show's over, here's what I had really wanted to see adapted:
Spoiler:
Eh. Not a big fan of Sebas toying with them instead of just killing them.

Quote:
I'm no fan of Sebas, I'm not even picky about what they adapt in, or adapt out - (If you saw my comments in the LN section you'd know I go ape over all the extra/troll material the author keep dropping). But honestly, as far as the anime is concerned, can't they have done better?

Spoiler:
It was so Pandora's Actor and Ainz could switch places.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 13:46   Link #407
pervypig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
^ Just as u don't see the point of Sebas toying with bad guys, I don't see any point for the Victim+PA cameo. Few would actually bother to think back and say that "oh, so it's PA pretending to be ainz", if you don't transform him back into PA's original look anyway.
The two's presence don't do anything at all, and should just be cut out of budget - for more maids - not crossdressing bad guys in maid uniforms who get kneed in the balls.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 15:14   Link #408
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
But then you'd have to wonder about Demiurge's resolve to not let Ainz take the kind of risks he took with Shalltear. Even if he had to die.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 15:31   Link #409
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She is filled to the brim with love. How can you not see that?
yeah, her blushing face is pretty cute.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 17:10   Link #410
nojay
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ Just as u don't see the point of Sebas toying with bad guys,
Sebas promised he'd take the four Six Arms guys in the garden in ten seconds and that's exactly as long it it did take in the anime. In the light-novel that scene went on for several pages of back-story and description of each of them followed by Sebas punching their heads clean off.
__________________
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 17:17   Link #411
Velsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Something many people probably failed to notice:

The reason Evileye instantly fell for Momon is the same reason as for why Shalltear continued to call Ainz as "Ainz-sama" even when viewing him as an enemy during her partial brainwash.
She did ? All I remember is Shaltear trash talking Ainz the whole time ? Even going as far as calling him inferior to her creator. Which kinda sucked more when it revealed she had no memory of it, she'll never know she was defeated by Aniz, even with the advantage in her favour :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ And that's why I hated this animated version; Sebas did not Saitama the 6 arms.
um, what did you expect ? Sebas is a level 100.... Reason Ainz vs Shaltears fight was competitive was because they are both level 100s. So Sebas vs 6 arms was never going to be a spectators match. It was that obvious when watching Cyctusus fight. But he was purposely slowing the battle down cause he respect there warriors determinationand wanted to see their resolves.
__________________

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2018-03-28 at 17:35.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 19:04   Link #412
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
As someone who didn't the read the novel past Lizards for obvious reasons...

I think Renner might be in cahoots with Demiurge.
If it wasn't for Climb meeting her in the past Renner might have thrown the Kingdom under the bus without her morality pet.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 20:39   Link #413
Liddo-kun
a small cat
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nanairogaoka
Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Watched episode 12:

Glad they showed some good action before Sebas came in to finish the job. So a thief in this world is good at support skills, gave me an rpg feel right there. Going 1 vs 1 with leader of Six Arms, Brain is strong.. it's obvious why he seems so proud of his sword skills - which only changed when he met Shaltear.

Why is Evil Eye nervous when Momon want to meet the leader of Blue Rose?

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2018-03-28 at 20:52.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 20:43   Link #414
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post

Why is Evil Eye nervous when Momon want to meet the leader of Blue Rose?
That would mean Momon would have all of his attention on her and not cute lil Evileye!

Last edited by blakstealth; 2018-03-28 at 21:46.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:03   Link #415
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
She did ? All I remember is Shaltear trash talking Ainz the whole time ? Even going as far as calling him inferior to her creator. Which kinda sucked more when it revealed she had no memory of it, she'll never know she was defeated by Aniz, even with the advantage in her favour :/
This "difference in treatment" was only in regards to the supreme beings. Even so she still used the "-sama" suffix to address Ainz and explained that she continued to call him like that because he was such a "magnificent being".



Keep in mind that Ainz has the Race called "Overlord"



and the job called "Ruler of Death".




In S1 EP2 Shalltear commented about her panties being in a "little crisis" just from listening to him speak. The most recent episode of Overlord also implied that Evileye is some kind of undead. And she instantly fell in love with him. Now put two and two together.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:13   Link #416
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This "difference in treatment" was only in regards to the supreme beings. Even so she still used the "-sama" suffix to address Ainz and explained that she continued to call him like that because he was such a "magnificent being".



Keep in mind that Ainz has the Race called "Overlord"
Spoiler:



In S1 EP2 Shalltear commented about her panties being in a "little crisis" just from listening to him speak. The most recent episode of Overlord also implied that Evileye is some kind of undead. And she instantly fell in love with him. Now put two and two together.
this is something i don't understand this means which any "female undead or demon automatically fall in love with him just because "he is a overlord"???, this is a "race trait???, this is another very bad thing.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:15   Link #417
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I think Renner might be in cahoots with Demiurge.
If it wasn't for Climb meeting her in the past Renner might have thrown the Kingdom under the bus without her morality pet.
I think that may be the case too. It would also make it obvious as to who the person that shouldn't be killed under any circumstances is.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:23   Link #418
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
this is something i don't understand this means which any "female undead or demon automatically fall in love with him just because "he is a overlord"???, this is a "race trait???, this is another very bad thing.
From the point of view of (female) undeads, Ainz is the equivalent of the "perfect prince charming in shining armor who comes along riding a white horse"... just the undead version of that. Both his race AND job are both undead-related and leadership-related.

Remember how in S1 EP2 all the guardians felt completely intimidated even though level wise they are actually on the same level in terms of strength. Just his charisma alone can make even the non-undeads on the same level as himself shake in their boots.

It's not surprising that actual undead of the opposite gender would easily get charmed by him.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:25   Link #419
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
From the point of view of (female) undeads, Ainz is the equivalent of the "perfect prince charming in shining armor who comes along riding a white horse"... just the undead version of that. Both his race AND job are both undead-related and leadership-related.

Remember how in S1 EP2 all the guardians felt completely intimidated even though level wise they are actually on the same level in terms of strength. Just his charisma alone can make even the non-undeads on the same level as himself shake in their boots.

It's not surprising that actual undead of the opposite gender would easily get charmed by him.
even if him is literally a "pile of bones"????, they will not take his "appearance as a fact"???
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:34   Link #420
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
even if him is literally a "pile of bones"????, they will not take his "appearance as a fact"???
Shalltear doesn't mind since she has necrophilia. As for Evileye... she doesn't know she only feels his presence and subconciously feels attracted to him due to his charisma that make all of his words and actions sound perfect no matter what, but has no clue about the true looks of Ainz.

I think many undead wouldn't mind though. Bones might still be better than rotten flesh from a zombie undead, for example. Sure, Ainz can't do "that" with any of the undead girls, but I doubt that would stop any of them.
__________________

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-03-28 at 21:45.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.