AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-01-23, 08:31   Link #21
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If things like World of Warcraft are going to be on that Game Pass, you can be sure the game tokens purchasable with gold or being able to use it to buy Hearthstone packs or other Blizzard titles - that will end. In other words, this will make people pay no matter what. The days of having a near endless goldmine from WoW since Warlords of Draenor will end.

I'd like to think things could somehow improve at Blizzard but having been with them from Warcraft 1 until uninstalling Bnet in mid-2021 - that won't happen. They will go in a new direction out of necessity. But with the way gaming is being directed for non-indie these days, that will be a grim, marketing driven, monetisation fuelled dystopia.

I was fortunate enough to get done what I wanted to before I left WoW and the like behind. I don't miss it in any way whatsoever, same way I don't miss League which I quit in early 2021. There's far better out there. Not just in regards to Blizzard Activision - in regards to anything AAA.

Arcane is the way
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 19:14   Link #22
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Renamed the thread and edited the first post to create a broader discussion topic.

Sony Buys Bungie, Makers of Destiny 2 For $3.6B

Quote:
Sony has responded to Microsoft’s record-shattering deal to buy Activision Blizzard with acquisition news of its own, announcing today it plans to buy Destiny 2-maker Bungie for $3.6 billion.

Bungie will reportedly remain “an independent subsidiary” of Sony Interactive Entertainment after the deal closes, leaving it free “to self-publish and reach players” however it chooses, according to Sony. That’s in contrast to past acquisitions by both Sony and Microsoft which have seen previously multiplatform studios like Bethesda go exclusive.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 20:45   Link #23
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Even as a SONY fan I am not liking where this is going. This doesn't bode well for this industry.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 22:33   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just in case anyone was wondering, no, Sony doesn't own Halo now. Halo is a Microsoft property.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 23:08   Link #25
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I disagree with news saying the move is respond to Microsoft decision as, unlike Microsoft, Sony didn't have that much cash-on-hand without preparing beforehand.
Also, pretty sure Sony been working with Bungie since Destiny 1 so this case would be closer to Insomniac; it matched with Sony habits of acquiring their partners.

I'm curious to see what they expected from Bungie. Expanding FPS catalogue? Taking old IP from dust?