AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-01-26, 06:30   Link #301
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I don't think she'd say what she said, and act the way she just acted, if she hadn't recovered her memories.
Old 2022-01-28, 10:14   Link #302
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I'm also interested in seeing the interaction between Victorious and Aldia--especially if the latter knows that the former plotted her assassination. Plus I also want to see how she'll be with Kai now that she knows he's with Albion (though I'm also waiting for her to find out that he's just using Grey's name).
How will Aldia know that it was Victorius who plotted her assassination? Aldia was hit by a distant sniper and fell into the water before she had any chance to find out who gave the order.

How Aldia will fall for Kai (if at all, given that Ambrosia-carriers like the Hasas "Mother" didn't need that kind of emotional connection with Kai to give him her Ambrosia) remains to be seen.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 06:11   Link #303
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The High Mother of the Hasas is the one so far who isn't confirmed to have fallen in love with him out of the Ambrosia carriers who've lent him their power, so I think there's a higher chance of Aldia falling in love with him than not. But yeah, how it'll happen remains to be seen.
Old 2022-02-24, 22:50   Link #304
Mazryonh

And now it looks like Aldia might be falling for Kai even faster than expected (or faster than a pace that makes sense for a believable story). At least this arc is finally moving towards a high point, and rather quickly at that. Not a whole lot happened in Ch. 61, but now we see how high the stakes are, and we might just see whether or not the Shah is worth saving come next chapter.
Old 2022-02-24, 23:14   Link #305
XFire
150% done

So Aldia didn't fully regain her memories, though she's on her way there. Kai going smooth criminal mode without realizing it while Gil just watches in exasperation was kind of hilarious though.
Old 2022-02-25, 10:15   Link #306
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Kai being smooth like that while not realizing it was funny to watch, though I still can't help being annoyed at him being clueless on that front.

Looking forward to Aldia fully regaining her memories.

It seems like Aldia is buying into the "Kai is Grey" thing, so I hope she'll learn soon that he's just using the name as part of a disguise. I also hope she'll learn the reason why he started to do this in the first place so she doesn't think he's a bad person or anything.

Hopefully Kai and Aldia manage to save the people of Sinchar. Though someone should also make the Shah pay for the wrongs she's done or caused.
Old 2022-02-25, 23:07   Link #307
Rekkusu

Quote:
The High Mother of the Hasas is the one so far who isn't confirmed to have fallen in love with him out of the Ambrosia carriers who've lent him their power, so I think there's a higher chance of Aldia falling in love with him than not. But yeah, how it'll happen remains to be seen.
I'd say Suzuri likes Kai well enough, just that she is supposed to be more mature than the other girls, the 'ara-ara onee-san' archetype if you want to put in in simple terms.

Well, is actually nice we are clearly reaching the climax of the arc so soon. is interesting Victorius while surprised Aldia was alive doesn't seems to find it as a problem, so maybe he wasn't behind her getting shot.
Rekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 11:31   Link #308
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He was definitely behind it. He's probably just putting up a front of being unfazed. Either that or he really doesn't find it to be such a big problem even though he did have her shot. But did you forget? He's definitely behind it.

The High Mother hasn't really been confirmed to be in love with him. Is there any sure-fire evidence?
Old 2022-03-24, 17:08   Link #309
Mazryonh

Quote:
The High Mother hasn't really been confirmed to be in love with him. Is there any sure-fire evidence?
I don't think there is any regarding the High Mother's feelings for Kai, if any.

Sadly, Chapter 62 seems to be showing that this manga's writing is going downhill and becoming formulaic. Next to nothing happens in this chapter again, aside from the usual "Deus Ex Oppai" we've come to expect from the beginning of a climax to an arc. No reaction is shown from Kai regarding what he thinks of Aldia being an Ambrosia carrier all along, nor any backstory concerning how Aldia was "blessed" with Ambrosia in the first place.

The only good thing I can think of regarding the long-term development of this manga's story is that the "elemental wheel" of God-Cursed forms should be full now, so there shouldn't be further additions to Kai's harem. Hopefully that means we'll be getting more character development of each "waifu" from here on out.
Old 2022-03-24, 19:18   Link #310
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe we'll get the backstory about how she was blessed with Ambrosia later? We already got some backstory on her in the previous chapter, so more might come later.
Old 2022-03-25, 08:29   Link #311
XFire
150% done

I wouldn't really call it Deus ex Oppai when it's been foreshadowed the entire arc and also completely failed to actually do the thing it was attempted for.

Considering Shera was right there and arguably has a better power set to offer for this conflict one could argue this is plot convience to let Aldia offer her powers, but at the same time they point out in the chapter that they need to somehow overwhelm the tribesmen to break their momentum. Their former chief showing up and summoning a god monster more or less makes sense from a tactical standpoint for maximum psychological impact.

And I'm pretty sure Ambrosia is supposed to be something people are just born with, it's not like Aldia suddenly got it one day.
Old 2022-03-25, 10:36   Link #312
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's a power they're born with. But wasn't he just why she was chosen, or something along those lines? Unless I misunderstood something.

As for failing to do the thing it was attempted for: I think they still have a chance. They just need to somehow prove that Kai has Raihu's power.
Old 2022-03-26, 01:23   Link #313
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Yeah, it's a power they're born with. But wasn't he just why she was chosen, or something along those lines? Unless I misunderstood something.

As for failing to do the thing it was attempted for: I think they still have a chance. They just need to somehow prove that Kai has Raihu's power.
I suppose he could technically still cow them, but between the bloodlust and the fact that they've already tried to fry the captives, at this point he's probably going to be forced to actually physically subdue them.

Depending on the form his powers take that may not be a problem, but crushing the nomads to protect the city dwellers is not exactly the scenario they want out of this at the moment.
Old 2022-03-26, 13:43   Link #314
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He could try subduing them without killing them, no? If that's an option.
Old 2022-03-27, 10:19   Link #315
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I wouldn't really call it Deus ex Oppai when it's been foreshadowed the entire arc and also completely failed to actually do the thing it was attempted for.
I called it "Deus Ex Oppai" because that's what the Ambrosia transformation literally is; a god, or an avatar of such, being transposed onto Kai by way of the oppai of certain female characters. We don't know if it will fail just yet. Yes, it was foreshadowed, but the story is still relying on new God-Cursed forms to resolve whatever situation Kai and the other characters get into, hence the reference to Deus Ex Machina.

Quote:
Considering Shera was right there and arguably has a better power set to offer for this conflict one could argue this is plot convience to let Aldia offer her powers, but at the same time they point out in the chapter that they need to somehow overwhelm the tribesmen to break their momentum. Their former chief showing up and summoning a god monster more or less makes sense from a tactical standpoint for maximum psychological impact.
The "flammable liquid" being poured onto the Nomads' prisoners seems to be something like gasoline or the like. Water (from Shiera's God Curse form) isn't very good at putting out fires from flammable liquids. If Aldia's God Curse form is what I think it is (it's been implied to have command over the Earth element, in its sand form which is what the desert has plenty of), then sand is well-suited to extinguishing the fires from a flammable liquid.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure Ambrosia is supposed to be something people are just born with, it's not like Aldia suddenly got it one day.
We still don't know how female characters in this manga actually get "blessed" with Ambrosia. And even if they were born with it, how do they detect its presence in a female character? Does it manifest by a certain age? Who or what can detect Ambrosia's presence?

Quote:
I suppose he could technically still cow them, but between the bloodlust and the fact that they've already tried to fry the captives, at this point he's probably going to be forced to actually physically subdue them.

Depending on the form his powers take that may not be a problem, but crushing the nomads to protect the city dwellers is not exactly the scenario they want out of this at the moment.
Kai and his friends don't need to kill the Nomads, they just need to get them to listen to Aldia's authority somehow. Using Aldia's God Curse form to do something like summon up a flesh-rending sandstorm (applied for a short enough time) on the specific Nomads running amok could do the trick.
Old 2022-03-27, 10:25   Link #316
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think it's heavily implied, at the very least, that Sakura was born with Ambrosia and always knew she had it (she did say she's always had Shakuntiira in her). And think of who she is and what her circumstances are.

Shierra got hers by drinking pure Mermaid blood which has Aquarius' power in it.

The Hasas High Priestess and the Dwaven princess were both likely born with it.

And I'm guessing priests or priestesses or the like have ways to detect since it's a sort of divine power.

Anyway, yeah, I think you're right about how Kai can sort this out.
Old 2022-03-31, 22:57   Link #317
stardrago

hmm, kind of wish we have more of a wikia page for this already.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 11:16   Link #318
Rekkusu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
We still don't know how female characters in this manga actually get "blessed" with Ambrosia. And even if they were born with it, how do they detect its presence in a female character? Does it manifest by a certain age? Who or what can detect Ambrosia's presence?
So far it seems to be an hereditary trait of certains royal families in-universe but it appears at random generations, we haven't seen how is detected but is clearly done somehow.

Images
volume 13 HQ cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-07, 16:45   Link #319
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
hmm, kind of wish we have more of a wikia page for this already.
You can just go to the TVTropes pages for this manga series. Unfortunately, it seems that they haven't been updated in a while, because the section for Aldia in the character pages is pretty small and cursory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkusu View Post
So far it seems to be an hereditary trait of certains royal families in-universe but it appears at random generations, we haven't seen how is detected but is clearly done somehow.
So do they get "advance warning" of whom will be "blessed" with Ambrosia? I wonder.

I hope we get more character development for each of the "haremettes" once this arc is over. Ligia, Sakura, and Doronea badly need some.
Old 2022-04-19, 10:26   Link #320
Rekkusu

Shinju got this month's magazine cover. Cool.
Images
Magazine cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai