AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 14:17   Link #3601
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's undoubtedly a console command to advance the quest line (or recreate Grelod so you can kill her) but I'd strongly suggest applying the Unofficial Skyrim Patch first -- it just fixes far too many problems and that may be one of them. And yeah, I'm guessing it didn't trigger the flag when your follower killed her (which I'd call a bug).

Amongst the many hundreds of things it fixes, for example, I can now actually roam the losing camps of the civil war and kill everyone in the camp (which you can't without the patch).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19
Old 2013-01-08, 14:42   Link #3602
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
None of the new armors provide a base defense higher than Dragonscale and Daedric, IIRC, though the Deathbrand armor gets more powerful with the more you wear.

If you're tired of Daedric, you can always pick up some nifty Dragon Knight Armor. :k
I did use it for a while, but now it sits on my mannequin looking pretty, I guess I should really use it more then Daedric.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:05   Link #3603
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's undoubtedly a console command to advance the quest line (or recreate Grelod so you can kill her) but I'd strongly suggest applying the Unofficial Skyrim Patch first -- it just fixes far too many problems and that may be one of them. And yeah, I'm guessing it didn't trigger the flag when your follower killed her (which I'd call a bug).

Amongst the many hundreds of things it fixes, for example, I can now actually roam the losing camps of the civil war and kill everyone in the camp (which you can't without the patch).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19
Unless your follower is now a part of the Dark Brotherhood. And never told you... Maybe it's time for him to have an accident, just to be sure.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 15:57   Link #3604
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I applied the unofficial patch after I completed that quest. But like I said, nothing is happening =(
Old 2013-01-08, 16:14   Link #3605
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I applied the unofficial patch after I completed that quest. But like I said, nothing is happening =(
Quest fixes from the unofficial patch only work pre-emptively. The vanilla scripts for the quest are still baked into your saved game and there's no way to fix that without stopping and resetting the quest with console commands.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:20   Link #3606
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Would you happen to know what that command is?
Old 2013-01-08, 16:23   Link #3607
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Speaking of murdering people... Fun fact: I killed two guys in Solstheim (Dragonborn DLC). That set me back... 40 golds.

And they say Skyrim's a lawless place... (When I tried killing Thalmors to free a prisoner, the ungrateful bastard ran away and told the fuzz.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:32   Link #3608
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Speaking of Dragonborn, are we even getting it this month? The month-long wait already was ridiculous as it is, given the lack of a spoken deal, but they're going to piss off a lot more people if it gets delayed a second month.
Old 2013-01-08, 16:44   Link #3609
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The sleeping point won't activate until he receives the letter from the Dark Brotherhood from a courier. Once he gets that, sleeping will trigger the quest's advancement. If he doesn't get the letter, sleeping is safe for him.
Old 2013-01-08, 17:08   Link #3610
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Speaking of Dragonborn, are we even getting it this month? The month-long wait already was ridiculous as it is, given the lack of a spoken deal, but they're going to piss off a lot more people if it gets delayed a second month.
Like you said to me a couple of days ago it should be soon, but then again, no news so maybe not. Time will tell, I am getting a bit impatient need my fix of new content.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29476
A really awesome mod, pretty cool to have with a role playing/realistic playthrough.
Old 2013-01-08, 17:50   Link #3611
Tokkan

Don't expect news, Hearthfire was released on PC completely unannounced and Dawnguard had an extremely short notice on the announcement of its PC release IIRC.
Old 2013-01-08, 17:54   Link #3612
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dawnguard was announced maybe 20 minutes before it was released. ._. But that's my point; they're being incredibly irritating about DLC for Skyrim. The deal for the month-long exclusivity of DLC was aggravating enough for PC and PS3 players (not factoring in the adaptation troubles PS3 users have), but they're not even giving good reasons for further delays on new DLC after the deal's passed, and they're not making any bloody announcements or giving release dates.

Sure, they gave us "early 2013" for Dragonborn. What if "early 2013" means "halfway through March"?
Old 2013-01-08, 18:00   Link #3613
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Would you happen to know what that command is?
I wouldn't recommend it, it can potentially screw up your saved game.
Old 2013-01-08, 18:02   Link #3614
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So he just needs to back up his saves before attempting it. Lemme see if I can find the proper code and stage numbers for it.

EDIT: Crap. Can't seem to find any details on triggering the quest stage for the courier, as all the stages involve already being there. Let's try something different.

Use the command "Player.additem 0005224A 1" and see if that triggers it.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2013-01-08 at 18:52.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:10   Link #3615
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
So he just needs to back up his saves before attempting it. Lemme see if I can find the proper code and stage numbers for it.

EDIT: Crap. Can't seem to find any details on triggering the quest stage for the courier, as all the stages involve already being there. Let's try something different.

Use the command "Player.additem 0005224A 1" and see if that triggers it.
Ok I got the note, and went to sleep for 24 hours. I havent been contacted yet. What do I need to do?
Old 2013-01-08, 20:17   Link #3616
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You should've been taken to a shack upon sleeping, and if you haven't, I'm officially out of ideas. Probably gonna have to reload to a previous save if possible.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:20   Link #3617
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
You should've been taken to a shack upon sleeping, and if you haven't, I'm officially out of ideas. Probably gonna have to reload to a previous save if possible.
I could do that, but then I could lose over 20 levels of progress. How about a console command to redo the quest? Is there such a thing?
Old 2013-01-08, 23:12   Link #3618
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ways I've found to trigger the Dark Brotherhood after bug search -

• For some reason, the bed cannot be in residential Windhelm (where you got the quest "Innocence Lost" from Aretino), though (perhaps only as Thane of Windhelm) you may rest in the Palace of the Kings after receiving the Mysterious Note to begin this quest.
  • Wait for a full day and you will receive the courier's message (without a note) to indicate that this quest will begin the next time you rest.
Sometimes it can take several days to receive the Courier's letter even with sleeping.
  • If the courier still does not appear, try fast traveling to a different hold and waiting.
PC If you go to the Abandoned Shack, unlock the door using the command Unlock, go inside and kill Astrid before the quest Innocence Lost, you won't be able to start or continue any quest related to the Dark Brotherhood.

And last --- this:
  • On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering setstage quest stage, where quest is the internal name of the quest, and stage is the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages, but it is possible to clear all stages of the quest using resetquest quest, where quest is the internal name of the quest.
Unfortunately, I don't know the internal name of the quest offhand - I'm guessing the easiest route is to use the resetquest command on Innocence Lost or With Friends Like These.

--------------------
Sources
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/W...nds_Like_These...
Old 2013-01-09, 06:14   Link #3619
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Note: one should be very careful with using console commands - especially when they pertain to advancing/triggering quests. Although it's very powerful and efficient, Skyrim's Radiant engine is horribly sensitive to events that are triggered either forcefully or out of sequence. One of the developers IIRC even stated that some known issues are not necessarily bugs - it's the player that's literally doing things not in their natural order, creating catch-22s or paradoxes.

Just a quick example: I was very recently tasked with clearing out a cave full of bandits (through a Jarl's notice), and while I was busy plundering it, I found - in a secret room - the corpse of a farmer that had been waylaid/double-crossed by the said bandits. The Radiant Engine told me to brings news of the man's demise back to his wife (she has a farm outside Riften if I'm not mistaken), but the problem is that meeting her triggered the quest to find the said husband. And from there on, no matter what I tried, I just can't talk to her and bring up the dialogue line wherein I notify her of her husband's death and she finally starts to mourn his passing. For now the quest remains unfinished. Because the line of events has been inadvertently bungled up.

I'm certain there should be a console command somewhere to unlock this event gridlock, but as I understand it, repeatedly using CCs is like tapdancing in the middle of a minefield. If you're not careful, it might blow up in your face.

There are little things like that that can really mess up some quests, so be very careful when using commands like setstage or resetquest. I still have nightmares of when I tried to complete "Blood on the Ice" and simply couldn't, because I did things out of sequence (wrong dialogue choices, not talking to the guards at a specific time, etc) and console commands completely failed to resolve the situation. If some quests use separate/specific triggers or counters/gauges (like the Potema follow-up mission, which is triggered the second you level up [which has to be done right after you exit the first mission's location IIRC] afterwards or the Windhelm murders, which are only kickstarted after your nth visit to the city), reseting things might be even more difficult.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:15   Link #3620
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I had a problem in Riften once, were I tried to buy the house but didn't have enough money to do so. After returning with the money later, the dialog option to became Thane never appeared and I was left with no choice but to use the console to finish that event.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim