AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-21, 13:24   Link #21
ookamigirl

Finally! Enishi & Takako are getting married ^^
Preparations under way!
Minchi is jealous of OHana again, probably 'cause Tohru mentioned her on that beach..& is afraid of losing him to Ohana.
I was surprised Ookami-san ever had a gentle side..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-21, 13:27   Link #22
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Enishi and Takako are getting married? Thought it was nice of Sui to tell them to have a ceremony, even later offering the ring was a nice gesture. Though she dropped a bomb on Takako by telling her Enishi wasn't getting the inn. Lol Tomoe going after Ren now. Nice idea by Nako to use the curtains to make a dress. Here goes the love triangle again, liked Minko told her to die again.
Old 2011-08-21, 13:30   Link #23
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Nako; a teenage girl who raises an infant, a toddler and a young child on a daily basis, works and studies and practically runs her household is afraid of getting pregnant. lol
Because it implies having a male touch her. Nako is the physical manifestation of Yuri.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-08-21 at 14:01.
Old 2011-08-21, 13:47   Link #24
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Oh hi, Plot! Welcome back!

The series climax will clearly be the bonbori festival. Once every episode someone reminds us that it's coming soon, and Sui's flashback reminds us of the paper lanterns lighting the path ahead.

Still no follow-up on Beanman's "son". A flashback shows that he's worked with Sui and her husband since they were all pretty young. Wonder who the mother/son are?

I loved the story of "Kissuiso". Great stuff.

At first I figured Sui was talking about Satsuki when she said she didn't want Takako and Enishi to succeed the inn, but the way she never clarified it leaves me to believe she's thinking of Ohana. Sui probably doesn't want to voice this intention yet, since she's explicitly stated that Ohana should enjoy her youth before she has to decide what to do with her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
I just laughed heartily when Tohru described the kind of married life he wants is exactly Nako's situation. Will Okada throw a curve ball?
You know, it's probably irrelevant now, but back when Tohru first went bug-eyed over Ohana in the china dress, a few people pointed out that Nako was standing right next to her, and it wasn't entirely clear who he was looking at. It's a funny thought, but unlikely, since I think they would have hit us with that twist by now if it were coming, and it's pretty obvious that Ohana is on his mind an awful lot.
Old 2011-08-21, 14:22   Link #25
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Allow me to play devil's advocate here for a second. I've intentionally tried to be skeptical of OhanaxTohru from the start since it seemed like everybody was jumping on board with that despite a lack of solid evidence. It seems entirely possible to me that Tohru's comments on the beach indicate that he doesn't like Ohana herself so much as he likes the attitude she's brought with her to Kissuiso. He specifically says "don't become too much like her" and refers to her as a "troublemaker." I would argue that this shows that despite his appreciation of her attitude and what it brings, Tohru believes that a relationship with Ohana would be too much of a hassle based on how much she gets involved in things. Long story short, I think there's still hope for Minchi and she's just overreacting to what she perceives as her rival stealing her love interest.
Old 2011-08-21, 15:12   Link #26
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Lol is no one going to comment about Minko thinking Tohru was going to take her to a love hotel when they were in the car? I thought that was hilarious because my reaction was the same as Minko's when she started freaking out. Guess that shows how gullible I am xD

Also did anyone notice at the beginning with Beanman and Okami-san? It looked like they were talking about something serious. Maybe it's foreshadowing that Beanman's going to retire? :O Noes!

And AAAAhg can't wait for the next episode!! The drama for the MinkoxTohruxOhana love triangle has begun!! I love how Sui and her husband were waitress and chef xDDDD It makes me think that TohruxOhana is possible again. whoot!

EDIT: Rating from me is 9/10. Best episode so far (though my favorite is still 12)
Old 2011-08-21, 15:32   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
Also did anyone notice at the beginning with Beanman and Okami-san? It looked like they were talking about something serious. Maybe it's foreshadowing that Beanman's going to retire? :O Noes!
He's going to succeed the inn. He'll never die.
Old 2011-08-21, 15:56   Link #28
Mina-Sweet

Quote:
love how Sui and her husband were waitress and chef xDDDD It makes me think that TohruxOhana is possible again. whoot!
Strangely, I laughed when Sui said that she were a waitress and her husband were a chef.
I immediately thought of Ohana Tooru! Are they trying to make us hope again ? XD
Old 2011-08-21, 17:34   Link #29
Sol Falling

A wedding dress made out of curtains...
Old 2011-08-21, 17:36   Link #30
hoarfrost

I'm just going to say now that at this late stage in the game, I can't see Tohru with anyone. He doesn't seem to consider Minko and, while he thinks about Ohana a lot, she doesn't give him 1/4 the consideration she gives Ko. For those two to end up together would just be poor writing; a plot development that's had no buildup and is out of character.

With Nako, now that would just be Maximum Trolling.
Old 2011-08-21, 17:37   Link #31
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The plot is back, character revelations are made, and a cliffhanger is created, but why is it that I don't care?

The episode did well into documenting Minko's downward spiral. The recent marriage has flooded her with many thoughts and Tooru metioning Ohana causes her to project all her anger on to Ohana. But copy and pasting True Tears plot devices isn't gonna help, and it led to disaster on that side anyways. Poor dumb Minko. It seems like they want you to suffer.

Meanwhile Ohana's just utterly confused and tries to focus on current tasks. I feel sorry for her too. She did diss Jinomaru very well about money though.

As for the main plotline, well it did pretty well for 2 characters I don't care about, though incidentally they helped Sui's character more for a bit. But she's like lol the inn's not yours anyways and...?

So overall, this wasn't a bad episode. It's just that the way the show decided to merge all these storylines in a manner in which I feel that the buildup is a bit obnoxious.

Who's gonna inherit the inn? Is Ohana gonna go out with Tooru? What's gonna happen to Minko? What about Kou?

And I don't give a damn about any of these things. Sui looking out the window just summarizes the whole thing "When is this gonna end?"

6/10 We'll just have to see how this concludes. But just get it over with. Banking the fate of the show on its weakest plot threads is not a good thing. This reminds me of Shakugan no Shana where it's all great and epic til they suddenly bring in romance. Just stay away!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-21, 17:38   Link #32
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
A wedding dress made out of curtains...
Sad isn't it? xD

Quote:
And I don't give a damn about any of these things. Sui looking out the window just summarizes the whole thing "When is this gonna end?"
HanaIro should've ended after ep 13. Everything after that has been total crap. Even Sui knows it. xD;;
Old 2011-08-21, 17:45   Link #33
Peanutbutter

If Tomoe and Ren were to take over Kissuiso, it'll be epic win.

And that probably explains why Ohana is "going back to where she starts", as I infer from the OP, to finish things up.
Old 2011-08-21, 17:46   Link #34
icatero
well, okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
Spoiler:
You mean with Ren and Tomoe?
Old 2011-08-21, 17:49   Link #35
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was some cliffhanger. To be honest I'll be all for Tomoe taking over Kissuiso. She's clearly more competant than Enishi and I've never been all that comfortable with the subtle suggestions of nepotism.

But man, half an episode wasted on tweedledee and tweedledum. It was almost too much to bear.
Old 2011-08-21, 17:55   Link #36
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The problem with whoever inherits the inn is that it doesn't make much sense no matter who it is.

I mean what do we know about Tomoe save for that episode? Oh Beanman, I suppose could do it, but that'd just be incredibly underwhelming and just a commentary on how worthless everyone is.

Giving the inn to Satsuki would be complete nonsense as she really doesn't want to do stuff like that and in any case would be forced.

So that leaves Ohana with the inn since she has the dedication for it, she's not completely retarded, and she's family, but isn't ready. So is Grandma gonna hold out until Ohana can take over? Maybe; it makes the most sense to me.

But regardless, we're gonna get a rushed and hackneyed solution.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-08-21, 18:49   Link #37
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
You mean with Ren and Tomoe?
Not exactly, I mean Sui's memory but it might be possible.
Old 2011-08-21, 18:49   Link #38
icatero
well, okay

Poor, poor Minko. While I understand that her reverting and taking her pent-up anger out on Ohana wasn't justified, I just feel sorry for the girl. When she's finally about to say how she truly feels, she gets compared to.. Ohana. And then all that jazz with not helping with the wedding occurs. Tohru was wrong; her hard work doesn't seem to be paying off at all.

And I'm actually curious as to why Minko never questioned Tohru's obliviousness to her rabu omeraisu. She still thinks he understood it, right?

Whatever couples happen in the end, I just hope that Tohru doesn't end up with Ohana and that Minko is happy, somehow.

EDIT: And is it just me, or do Ohana and Minko have a habit of fighting.. naked?

Last edited by icatero; 2011-08-21 at 19:02.
Old 2011-08-21, 19:45   Link #39
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Thank goodness it's not about Ohana's love life. I enjoyed the last few episodes about girl bonding so much that I don't even want to return that now.
Old 2011-08-21, 19:49   Link #40
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I really enjoyed the story behind the inn that was the best part about the episode, and Minko ^-^.
Closed Thread