AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-28, 09:29   Link #41
ASL

I guess they were knocked by dermatophytosis.Oda like some incredible and funny reason.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:30   Link #42
james0246

Best part of the chapter: Franky-Chopper's various faces, and Robin's complete disdain for Franky ruining Chopper's cute image.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:47   Link #43
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Will there be a chapter then this Wednesday ? Or we wait 9-th May now ?

Yeah, this chapter came out a lot earlier than usual since it's a holiday, so we'll have to wait until around May 8/9th for the next spoiler. That being said, I'll have the first post updated to inform everyone else.

Anyhow, very interesting (and funny!) chapter. I pretty much agree with everyone else who said that CC is easily one of the biggest monsters to appear in the series by far. A guy who's obsessed with creating WMDs, has a DF ability that practically makes him a living WMD, and is kidnapping innocent kids to experiment on them and keeping them tethered to the island with what's basically the OP world's crystal meth..... damn, that's really heavy. And to think that this is only the first major villain we've encountered in the New World.....

BTW, I see it's been confirmed that the body-switched characters' abilities are still contained within their original bodies. Like I said in the last thread, I think that it would be interesting to see them fight in their new bodies because it might inspire them to create new techniques to add to their arsenal when they eventually return to normal. I'd especially love to see how Franky fights in Chopper's body (speaking of that, Robin's reactions to seeing him use his regular expressions in that body were pretty much the highlight of the chapter for me aside from the drug stuff ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Zoro teams got owned easily??? by Yeti or by that eighty cool brothers???

"Eighty" is clearly a mistranslation. It's obviously supposed to be "Yeti" (makes sense what with the whole "Snowy Mountain Assassins" title and whatnot). And while I guess it might also be the case that Zoro's team got knocked out by sleeping gas like what was used earlier, I really am hoping that those brothers were powerful enough to KO those guys with their own strength. But I guess we'll find out for sure next chapter.....
Old 2012-04-28, 10:01   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well Zoro's crew didn't look like they had a scratch on them so the possibility of them being taken down by some trick is strong.

Highlight of the chapter to me: Robin getting surprisingly pissed off at Franky for making Chopper do weird faces and say weird things. Robin really is the crew's momma (total MILF actually)
Old 2012-04-28, 10:45   Link #45
Rahan

Zoro has still his oath to never lose until he becomes the world strongest swordsman, so I doubt Oda would make him lose and being ko-ed in offpanel fight against some henchmen of the arc villain. There has to be a trick somewhere.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:47   Link #46
Homura7

Why I have the bad omen Luffy will end up undergoing an incurable disease.

One mad scientist with toxic powers and capable to create mass destruction weapons...

...and two doctors.

Chopper finally acquiring his crewmember number, I wonder.
Old 2012-04-28, 12:06   Link #47
noktown

Pretty sure Zoro's group was shot with some kind of a sleeping drug or something,they don't look like they were fighting especially since all of them are lying next to each other.

It's just too weird that they would be ko'ed so easily,not that i care so much,but I'm sure Oda would highlight their "fainted" eyes if they were beaten in battle.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:52   Link #48
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

What bothered me the most was Magellan. He didnt deserve this. Hell he even acknowledged Hannybal the Blackbeard punching bag as his only worthy successor. And now Hanybal is laughing at his situation, even if he is ready to flee at the first chance of riot. Life must be hard under Akainu's command.
Old 2012-04-28, 13:58   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
What bothered me the most was Magellan. He didnt deserve this. Hell he even acknowledged Hannybal the Blackbeard punching bag as his only worthy successor. And now Hanybal is laughing at his situation, even if he is ready to flee at the first chance of riot. Life must be hard under Akainu's command.
My take is that Magellan just recover form is wound. If you look at him, he took quite a pounding. Hannybal was probably made the new Warden the last 2 yrs while Magellan was out of action.
Old 2012-04-28, 16:52   Link #50
Jouten

I actually think Magellan's demotion makes sense. He let hundreds of the most dangerous criminals escape (because a rookie invaded) and released Shiliew.
It would be ridiculous if he got promoted to Admiral after that. Though I wonder if that means that we'll never see Magellan as enemy again?
Old 2012-04-28, 17:40   Link #51
ShiroiRyu

What manga is at the cover of this chapter ?
Old 2012-04-28, 18:12   Link #52
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Pretty sure Zoro's group was shot with some kind of a sleeping drug or something,they don't look like they were fighting especially since all of them are lying next to each other.

It's just too weird that they would be ko'ed so easily,not that i care so much,but I'm sure Oda would highlight their "fainted" eyes if they were beaten in battle.
Brooke's sword was drawn, so something happened. It's undoubtedly a trick of some sort, but something did happen.
Old 2012-04-28, 19:03   Link #53
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
Indeed what a shame! Both he and the girly cook were too busy quarreling to notice two giants who normally can't be overlooked even without coO

Speaking of haki, Luffy could have easily tamed those kids with his coC
Oh yeah, now it makes sense: Zoro's usually among the first to sense something dangerous, but with him being busy with Sanji, they could've easily been taken by surprise. Now that I think of it, it's probably the same gas used to abduct the crew from the ship...

I wonder if Sanji can fight in Nami's body - he'll probably refuse to do anything and let Brook and Zoro handle the two (how convenient) giants ...
Old 2012-04-28, 21:26   Link #54
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...why didn't Luffy use haki to KO the kids?
Old 2012-04-28, 22:01   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Best part of the chapter: Franky-Chopper's various faces, and Robin's complete disdain for Franky ruining Chopper's cute image.
I loved how Robin is so against Franky in Chopper's body
Def the best part of the chapter for me as well. The small stuff can really go along way to getting some of the best laughs.

But man drugging kids, thats some deep s***. I can see a epic beat down coming our way soon.
Old 2012-04-28, 22:59   Link #56
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 665
That was a nice chapter. That chapter went down a dark path with the candy, drugging kids, and using them has experiments. How long has samurai's son been missing. With each grim detail or discovery they make about CC, odds of the son surviving gets slimmer. That page with Brooks, Zoro, and Sanji on the ground was a weird picture. There were no signs of battle at all. If the Yeti brother did take them out, why did he leave the bodies were they are? I can't wait to see a flash back on that scene. The yeti brothers look like one of choppers forms. With every chapter that passes Smoker survival rate gets even worse too.
Old 2012-04-28, 23:48   Link #57
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, it defenitely made CC shoot past all the past villains in villainy.
Even Spandam and kill-em-all Akainu seems tame compared to this monster.
i dont know man. i thought sir crocodile was pretty messed up, for what he did in alabastia. stirring up a nation, making its people kill each other.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:08   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Punisher View Post
i dont know man. i thought sir crocodile was pretty messed up, for what he did in alabastia. stirring up a nation, making its people kill each other.
nah, in my country that's pretty ordinary. politicians do that all the time. well, maybe not to the point that we kill each other but they do have a way of stirring up our emotions, making us angry and rebel against the government. it became so common that we started to lose interest in anything political. what crocodile did was create political intrigue, he manipulated the people of alabasta into thinking that he is in the right and the king was a corrupt and unjust leader. i think that's pretty common among politicians who want to rise to power and unseat the current power.
Old 2012-04-29, 00:19   Link #59
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
^ what crocodile tried to pull off was a major case of genocide. i think thats a pretty big deal.
also, chopper is apparently a genius. besides of being a medic, hes also a bio chemist
Old 2012-04-29, 06:39   Link #60
tminty1

Yeti brothers look promising.