Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-20, 01:24   Link #1361
Key Board
Carbon

There's certainly a theme of "never giving up" in Naruto
but I think it comes in two flavors

There was one central person Naruto was passionate.. cared about from start to beginning
but it's not who some think it is. That person was not Sakura
that person was Sasuke
This whole 15 year story wasn't about him chasing Sakura
it was him never letting go of his hope in Sasuke.. which eventually saved him

This is the kind of "never giving up" that Harashima and Naruto believes in
This is the good positive flavor

And honestly, if it ended with Naruto x Sasuke it would have been a powerful romance. But of course.. this being Shounen Jump things would NEVER roll that way

On the other hand.. there's also the theme of never giving up.. and dwelling on the past, and growing bitter from it. This is the kind that embodies Obito, Pain, and Madara

I think that Naruto, having being shot down several times by Sakura, and knowing what her feelings towards Sasuke, would be steered towards this kind of negative "never letting go" had he persisted

So they picked Hinata
if it seems like something that need gaps to be filled in the well it's because it does
Naruto at the end of 699 wasn't someone that was head over heals for Hinata
He is however, a Naruto that has come with terms over a lot of things and just starting to see new things.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 01:57   Link #1362
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So they picked Hinata
if it seems like something that need gaps to be filled in the well it's because it does
Naruto at the end of 699 wasn't someone that was head over heals for Hinata
He is however, a Naruto that has come with terms over a lot of things and just starting to see new things.
yeah during and after 699 he's not yet in love with Hinata but she is without a doubt someone that is special to him (well all of his friends are special to him but she is a different kind. someone more precious). It will just take a little extra time for him to understand it.
Old 2014-11-20, 02:56   Link #1363
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Personally, I don't even think that Hinata is that more special to him than his other friends, at least not in 699.

You could say at the end of 699, the field between Naruto and the girls is pretty evenly. Hinata managed to become a person Naruto very much respects and would trust his life to without a second thought, putting her on Sasuke's and Sakura's level in terms of friendship.
He doesn't feel romantically attracted to any of them atm.

Sasuke himself grew more after his apology. He would call Sakura annoying (Clarification: I mean Part 1 Sasuke at his nicest, not "hurr durr I kill everyone " Part 2 Sasuke), but now he's more and more willing to show her affection (Itachi style non the less), bringing thier relationship even on a new high.

Also seeing how this Movie is set after an 2 years time skip from 699 just showes all these relationships don't just magically start as soon as Sasuke was rescued.

Last edited by Kyral; 2014-11-20 at 04:20. Reason: Clarification added
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 07:30   Link #1364
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Latest theories by the NaruSaku fandom:

Boruto is Sakura's son, Himawari is Lee's daughter and Sarada is Karin's daughter.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 07:41   Link #1365
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Himawari is Lee's daughter
and with those wiskers, Naruto must be the father of course... oh wait what!?
Old 2014-11-20, 07:45   Link #1366
The Green One

Could be worse. A crazier one would be Boruto is the son of Naruto and a gender swapped clone of himself using sexy no jutsu.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 09:24   Link #1367
cyberdemon

Quote:
Latest theories by the NaruSaku fandom:

Boruto is Sakura's son, Himawari is Lee's daughter and Sarada is Karin's daughter.
Yeah that about right coming from them... They refuse to accept that the kid's whiskers come from naruto and come out with one crazy excuse after another refusing to accept the truth that is as plain as day.
Old 2014-11-20, 09:34   Link #1368
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Some NaruSaku fans must have been played Crusader king 2 too much .....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 09:43   Link #1369
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Yeah that about right coming from them... They refuse to accept that the kid's whiskers come from naruto and come out with one crazy excuse after another refusing to accept the truth that is as plain as day.
But, but, but, but... Surely Lee's child could have the marks because Naruto gave some of Kurama's Chakra to him (and everybody else) during the war, right? And it's just luck that none of the other kids have the same marks?

It makes far more sense than the absolutely impossible idea that Boruto and Himawari are Naruto and Hinata's kids, anyway. Why would Naruto cheat on Sakura like that?
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 10:06   Link #1370
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
But, but, but, but... Surely Lee's child could have the marks because Naruto gave some of Kurama's Chakra to him (and everybody else) during the war, right? And it's just luck that none of the other kids have the same marks?

It makes far more sense than the absolutely impossible idea that Boruto and Himawari are Naruto and Hinata's kids, anyway. Why would Naruto cheat on Sakura like that?
All the Allied force used up every single Kurama 's chakkra , basically , it's just a cloak that buffs theirs attack power , doesn't affect the gene .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 10:20   Link #1371
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
All the Allied force used up every single Kurama 's chakkra , basically , it's just a cloak that buffs theirs attack power , doesn't affect the gene .
well, this should have been the same for naruto too but...well, i dont know, maybe kishi thought that whiskers are cool or something
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 10:24   Link #1372
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
You, uhh, are aware I was being sarcastic, right...?
Old 2014-11-20, 11:00   Link #1373
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
@ akashin
Yeah I know it, some people overreact with it since it fun to see NS meltdown but their wild theories getting wilder every day. To bad you never argue with them in their peak, it really nasty one and I even got warning because I stated the fact.
db84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 11:41   Link #1374
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84x View Post
@ akashin
Yeah I know it, some people overreact with it since it fun to see NS meltdown but their wild theories getting wilder every day. To bad you never argue with them in their peak, it really nasty one and I even got warning because I stated the fact.
At this point NS fans aren't interested in facts. They only care about interpretation and things that weren't even in the manga.
Old 2014-11-20, 11:49   Link #1375
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
At this point NS fans aren't interested in facts. They only care about interpretation and things that weren't even in the manga.
Is this even a surprise, though? The facts are directly contrary to what they want, so naturally facts would be kept out of their interpretations of things. Their wants and facts are pretty much mutually exclusive.
Old 2014-11-20, 12:44   Link #1376
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
I want to put this down i was talking to somebody on youtube and he said in a interview kishi said:Kishimoto stated in an interview that he had plans for Narusaku, but ultimately believed that it would go against what Sakura's character stood for, ie: Naruto's promise to bring back Sasuke and her love for Sasuke. So he made Hinata end up with Naruto. I don't buy that for a minute your thought legit or fabricated

Last edited by Mikethemaster; 2014-11-20 at 13:00.
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 12:54   Link #1377
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
I want ot put this down i was talking to somebody on youtube and he said in a interview kishi said:Kishimoto stated in an interview that he had plans for Narusaku, but ultimately believed that it would go against what Sakura's character stood for, ie: Naruto's promise to bring back Sasuke and her love for Sasuke. So he made Hinata end up with Naruto. I don't buy that for a minute your thought legit or fabricated
Yeah he got his facts screwed up, he planned Naruto to be with Hinata in the beginning, and about half way through the series he thought about making Sakura be with Naruto, but didn't go through with it because he's already developed both Sakura and Hinata in a way that if he made them change their respective love interest half-way it would make them look like horrible women, so he decided to stick with his original idea.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 13:00   Link #1378
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Yeah he got his facts screwed up, he planned Naruto to be with Hinata in the beginning, and about half way through the series he thought about making Sakura be with Naruto, but didn't go through with it because he's already developed both Sakura and Hinata in a way that if he made them change their respective love interest half-way it would make them look like horrible women, so he decided to stick with his original idea.
Oh okay yeah that would be bad writing on his part why make these women love these men so much and make one of the man seem like a jerk for not replying to a women confession. I guess that Saori looks like Hinata same Mario and Naruto... well to a degree anyways. Guess he was planing their love story out when he was going though the motions of which one to pick. Also helps the end game pairing are immensely popular both in japan and America there will be some salty fans that will drop the manga in both countries tho.
Old 2014-11-20, 13:03   Link #1379
cyberdemon

Someone posted this in another thread when mentioning it. Though humoring the idea before deciding it didn't work with his story does not mean he was serious about it.
Old 2014-11-20, 13:07   Link #1380
wisteria233

Quote:
Thing about it is that he's right, it would make Sakura look shallow to switch her affections from Sasuke to Naruto, since by that point in time Naruto was a respected figure in the shinobi world, after she had offered to abandon the village to leave with Sasuke, it would make her look really shallow, because it would look like she's only with him because of his newfound repuatation. It would actually be better for her to not be with Naruto.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
official pairings