AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-26, 18:11   Link #961
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Does this close the door on the chancs of a Third Barrage?
Yuck. That might explain why Amazon keeps pushing back my order for dvd #2 when they've already sent me 2 (??) copies of #3...

So much for supporting good anime. FYVM to whichever party killed the deal - ADV or Geneon.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 23:07   Link #962
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Yuck. That might explain why Amazon keeps pushing back my order for dvd #2 when they've already sent me 2 (??) copies of #3...

So much for supporting good anime. FYVM to whichever party killed the deal - ADV or Geneon.
Geneon apparently called it off. Though it's not as simple as pointing blame and making a scapgoat out of one company. Multiple factors, many out of the company's control, often lead to these things
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 23:35   Link #963
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

They'll probably hand the license to another company before they sink for good. There goes any hope of a "multi-lingual" option for the Fujiyama Gangster Paradise arc.
Old 2007-09-27, 05:19   Link #964
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

season three does it also depend on american sales?
i mean if it sells good enough in japan it will get a third season right?
Old 2007-09-28, 03:51   Link #965
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
season three does it also depend on american sales?
i mean if it sells good enough in japan it will get a third season right?
As some of us mentioned before, there isn't enough new material for making a 3rd season yet. You can come back and ask that question again in 2 years.
Old 2007-09-30, 11:30   Link #966
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

This has been a fairly exhausting thread to read, what with the occasional flaring of tempers over the silliest of things. Strangely though, given this particular anime where villains gladly shoot first and ask questions later, maybe not so surprising.

Black Lagoon has been entertaining, in a quintessentially Tarantino, Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill kind of way. Over-the-top action, guns that never jam, ammo that never runs out, bespectacled combat maids, and little twins that wield machine guns that ought to have shattered their shoulders -- all fun to watch when I'm in the mood for B-grade blood-splattered violence.

I preferred Second Barrage over the first season. The first season was slightly boring for me actually, and nope, Roberta was way too over the top for me to take seriously, but I can understand her appeal. But the second season, I felt, offered a much better study on the nature of good and evil in a den of iniquity such as Roanapur, which made the whole series more enjoyable for me in the end. Evil monsters though they've become, I did actually feel sorry for the twins, and their eventual demise was what first made me sit up to pay attention to the rest of the story.

That, and the increased sexual tension between Rock and Revy in Second Barrage, was what made the show interesting overall.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 12:44   Link #967
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
That, and the increased sexual tension between Rock and Revy in Second Barrage, was what made the show interesting overall.
There's more of that in the latest chapters of the manga. And that's not all. So yes, I hope that a "3rd Barrage" is still possible down the line despite what's going on with Geneon.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 05:33   Link #968
Tyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
There's more of that in the latest chapters of the manga. And that's not all. So yes, I hope that a "3rd Barrage" is still possible down the line despite what's going on with Geneon.
I also hope for a 3rd season. You wouldn't care to reveal what has happened in the latest chapters for me in a spoiler tag, would you? I'm bursting with curiosity.
Tyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 07:18   Link #969
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
I also hope for a 3rd season. You wouldn't care to reveal what has happened in the latest chapters for me in a spoiler tag, would you? I'm bursting with curiosity.
hey your not the only one that qould like to know. And I really hope a 3rd season can happen also.
Old 2007-10-03, 07:51   Link #970
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Not anytime soon. The Roberta revenge arc is one of the longest in Black Lagoon manga so far, approaching long story of Fujiyama Gangster story. Season 3 will be far, far away in the future.

What I can imagine is, one shot OVA of the Roberta's story arc. Plenty of gunfights, maid and fan service galore of naked Revy.
Old 2007-10-03, 08:55   Link #971
Tyan

I just hope someone would translate the chapters past chapter 12 and episode 24, 'cause I'm really itching to read more of Black Lagoon. I feel kinda' handicapped since I can't read Japanese. *sigh*
Old 2007-10-03, 11:01   Link #972
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyan View Post
Well, without spoiling too much...

Spoiler:

So yes, there is some sort of tension there. But it's not exactly romantic in the usual sense either. Still, it's an interesting development as far as the characters are concerned.
Old 2007-10-03, 15:44   Link #973
Tyan

Sounds interesting. What chapter is it?
Old 2007-10-04, 01:20   Link #974
kujoe
from head to heel

Chapter 54.

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-04, 01:46   Link #975
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Spoiler for Chapter 54:
Old 2007-10-04, 01:55   Link #976
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Not that I care, since it's unlikely I'll get a chance to ever see it at this rate, but just for future reference, if you're subscribed to the topic, the 'new post notification' does not, I repeat not, honor the Spoiler tag when showing you the new post email.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 10:21   Link #977
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

In Sicily, and at the orphanage, all we ever saw were gray walls. When we were taken to Sicily, we were put into blood and darkness. We were kicked so hard that some nights we couldn’t stop peeing red blood. I often asked my brother, "Why does God make us suffer so much?"

=========

There is something about Episode 15 that kept nagging my conscience, so I dug around a bit more, and found a couple of articles that chilled my heart.

Ceausescu's orphans (dtd: 26 June 1996)

What happened to Romania's orphans? (dtd: 8 July 2005)

=========

Roanopur may not exist, but evil does. There are times when reality is far, far more horrible than fiction. Such is the world we live in.
Old 2007-10-11, 04:41   Link #978
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 54:
Do bear in mind that he is in shithole called Roanopur. I am sure he has his share of naked booties in the place hence Revy's naked body did not move him at all.

I can understand that mentality since I have a quite hot female friend likes to walk around me naked without me batting an eyelid. And I am straight.
Old 2007-10-11, 10:22   Link #979
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

If you see enough of anything, you get use to it. I use to work in a gentlemen's club. Topless girls don't even get me interested anymore. Which I am kind of sad about.
Messerschmitt_Bf-109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 11:53   Link #980
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

he must know that Revy can kill him anytime like before so there's no friction nor attraction coming from Rock. Or maybe he's just holding back...

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen