AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 13:38   Link #601
Used Can

I think she showed up in Toriaezu. If I remember correctly, she was Ferris' rival as to whom was the prettiest.
Old 2011-02-16, 22:50   Link #602
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
That one was a fanfic written by her.XD

We actually don't know why Asruld and Milk can see him yet...because Sion Note doesn't cover that far.

Miran and Voice aren't related, AFAIK, and they did meet in the newest daiden volume. I posted the summary a few pages back.
Ah! I see, I see...no wonder I was confused...@_@...To bad I can't read her fanfic. There are to few in English for DYD.

I must have forgotten about that part of your summary. Sorry! I was to concentrated on the last portion concerning Ryner.

Also! Wecome back Used Can!!
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:03   Link #603
larethian

Quote:
Okay, Sion Note 4 raws are out, but surprisingly uninformative.

Anyways, DVD/BD4 scans and whatnot: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=999747737

You can see Estella's anime character design.

Interesting tidbits about RER: The demon attempts to appear in the world through others' bodies(nobody will see or hear him in his original state), and the Goddess cast the curse of 'Alpha Stigma' on whoever they think is a possible candidate so that they'll go berserk somewhere down the road and die. So RER was not able to attain his objective..until Ryner Lute came along, that is..

And the demon doesn't seem to be a one-of-a-kind being we thought he was...apparently he wasn't all that special from the place where he came from.
so will you be translating note 4? XD
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 01:04   Link #604
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

I was finally able to read chapter 4, this semester has been taking a lot of my time but I was able to take some free time to read the new chapter. Ferris being sad about Ryner making the same face as Sion was nice.

I really cant wait for the next chapter, I want to read about Ryner Vs. Claugh. I hope Ryner pawns him and everybody else in Roland but it probably wont go that way.

Thanks Larethian for the next chapter and I'll be waiting for the new releases. Reading this chapters are like a stress reliever for school.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 02:15   Link #605
larethian

80% of next chapter is fighting XD
Old 2011-02-18, 21:52   Link #606
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
so will you be translating note 4? XD
Yep, trying to force myself back in shape, haha.

Too much stuff have been going on these past few weeks.

I've kinda put Germer's last lesson on hold again, but I've dumped 50% of it on baka-tsuki.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 22:35   Link #607
larethian

no problem.
Old 2011-02-21, 23:06   Link #608
jbowman0

I look forward to sion note volume 4 defade. any status update? Thank you so much for committing your time to this project. Sequel for the anime pleaseeeee.
jbowman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 09:03   Link #609
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I'm already 50% done, so I'll be able to finish it this weekend.

Honestly though, don't get your hopes too high. Nothing of interest happens in this volume.
Old 2011-02-24, 18:25   Link #610
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Nevertheless, thanks Defade. I have been looking forward to it. =)

Like DeadlySoldier37 the chapters you and Lare have posted have provided a great stress relief from school for me this semester.
Old 2011-02-26, 23:29   Link #611
larethian

hi peeps, you have to go without updates from me for 2 months. had to sort out and prepare the docs for my personal and biz tax before I go away for the next month. I'm actually halfway done for chapter 1 of volume 3 but because nearly the entire chapter is a fight between Ryner and Claugh, I'm not going upload partial chapter. so until April, folks.
Old 2011-02-26, 23:51   Link #612
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Thanks for the chapters. I really enjoyed Ferris and Keifer's interaction.

Looking forword to the fighting scene of Ryner and Claugh. I never considered Claugh to be that strong after his defeat by Tirr, or maybe I had valued Ryner too high...

Hoping to see Ryner doing some scheming and planning during his fight with Claugh, since it looks like they are evenly matched, like he did during his teenage years.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 03:00   Link #613
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Sion Note is done, but somehow baka-tsuki is spazzing and giving me database errors.

Will upload as long as it settles down.
Old 2011-02-28, 04:54   Link #614
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

And....Sion Note vol.4 is up! Kind of pointless fluff, but at least we're promised something more interesting in vol.5 which came out...a few days ago. Still waiting on raws.
Old 2011-02-28, 18:08   Link #615
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Thanks Defade! Even though it was just about Sion's mental battle w/ AR I didn't mind it. It was also fun to see him being pushed around a bit by Calne.

Since it didn't really show it in the anime, except for the last episode, I was wondering if Sion "passed out" a lot in the books? He doesn't seem to do it anymore in DDYD. So does that mean that he assimilated with Asruld like RL and RR did later in the series? Or, is it still an ongoing issue and it just hasn't come up in the first two DDYD books?

Thanks again Defade!
Old 2011-03-01, 00:45   Link #616
larethian

btw, any illust for Sion Note?
Old 2011-03-01, 01:04   Link #617
jzmagic
flargansbog

I have a question for novel readers as I'm watching the anime.

What exactly is Ferris and Ryner's relationship like down the road? Do they develop any romantic feelings for each other?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 20:54   Link #618
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I have a question for novel readers as I'm watching the anime.

What exactly is Ferris and Ryner's relationship like down the road? Do they develop any romantic feelings for each other?
Well, about that..........^_^''' If you want to be technical, nothing for sure positive has been said about Ryner's feelings for anyone at this point in the story. He obviously cares deeply for her and vice versa, but nothing has been said between them....But, it can also be said that Ryner cares for someone else just as deeply... many fans are all waiting to see how this part of the story turns out....*heh*....it's kinda a debated topic.. XD
Old 2011-03-03, 20:42   Link #619
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
Thanks Defade! Even though it was just about Sion's mental battle w/ AR I didn't mind it. It was also fun to see him being pushed around a bit by Calne.

Since it didn't really show it in the anime, except for the last episode, I was wondering if Sion "passed out" a lot in the books? He doesn't seem to do it anymore in DDYD. So does that mean that he assimilated with Asruld like RL and RR did later in the series? Or, is it still an ongoing issue and it just hasn't come up in the first two DDYD books?

Thanks again Defade!
Sion eventually won the fight against Asruld. Even though the hero still attempts a retaliation at times in DDYD, it was nowhere as bad as his current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
btw, any illust for Sion Note?
Nope, nothing.

Sion Note vol.5 is out. Ryner Eris Reed is such a woobie. BUT DAMNED CLIFFHANGER.

Last edited by Defade; 2011-03-03 at 21:25.
Old 2011-03-03, 23:49   Link #620
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Sion eventually won the fight against Asruld. Even though the hero still attempts a retaliation at times in DDYD, it was nowhere as bad as his current situation.
I see...so they never came to a mutual agreement or objective like Ryner and Ryner (per se) =( I still just can't quite believe that AR is all bad just yet.

Besides the innuendo in the Sion Notes, I think it was the argument between him and Sion in the anime (I don't remember the ep #) that made me think he isn't all bad. I'm not sure how it went in the book, and it was hard to follow in the anime, but if I was keeping him and Sion straight, then it seemed like, for a moment, Asruld showed serious regret and hurt when Sion pointed out the fact that he "used saving the world as an excuse, and sold Ryner out." He then looked hopeful when Sion said that he would save Ryner... until, he said that he would do it by killing Ryner (this was Sion's decision correct?) at that point AR almost seems like he was going to cry due to what I inferred as his hopelessness that Ryner Reed could not ever not be sacrificed... or escape whatever cycle they've been caught up in. But! I dunno! that scene made my head spin...so did trying to write about it. T_T

Nevertheless, I know it's a good thing that Sion won, but what does that basically mean?... Lucile told him that if he won he "wouldn't be human anymore"; so, I'm going to guess that like Lucile, and the later post Rynered Ryner, he can't technically die...plus got some god like powers as a side dish.

Quote:
Note vol.5 is out. Ryner Eris Reed is such a woobie. BUT DAMNED CLIFFHANGER.
Haha, is he that angsty?! You've got me seriously interested! Can't wait to read it! XD

**side-note for anyone who cares- I just finished watching Death Note (yes I know I'm behind!) and all I have to say is, WHHHYYYY!!! Who cares if Light
Spoiler for bastard:
, Karma can be a B***H after all, but why did they have to
Spoiler for WTF:

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2011-03-04 at 23:18.

Tags
fantasy, shounen