Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-02, 14:15   Link #101
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
if you want to star collecting anime get all 12 ghibli's movies
for my part they are great movies for any anime collector
and juuni kooki ..the manga and the anime; is another great masterpiece

[QUOTE=ArbalestAS is there another series coming out soon or still in release that i should start collecting? .hack//dusk, or azumanga, or anything?[/QUOTE]
Old 2004-05-02, 14:50   Link #102
jennwenn

Spoilers obviously since this discusses the ending and death scenes:

I have to agree with what an earlier poster said that this series lacked direction. Despite the plot, the series went nowhere. The main characters were cliched and I didn't care that they died. The characters that were not one-dimensional were the first to die (Blue, old man, Tsume). While of course, Kiba and Cheza, the most personality-lacking, cliched characters of the entire show are given a dramatic focus. Phfft.

Not to mention how melodramatic the deaths were. Cher falls off a cliff, yet she's still alive, hardly bleeding, and can talk. Um, yeah. I have to admit the scene was beautiful but it lacked strength. A few other deaths similarly defied realism. This is obviously a fantasy series, but it could have at least tried to keep the deaths from being over the top and rushed. I felt the time constraints too much.

That being said, the ending was still depressing even for me who didn't care for the characters. The sense of desolation from the coming destruction of the world was well done in the empty setting. Music, A+++++++. This series had such an amazing premise and artwork, its a shame about the plot and characters.
Old 2004-05-11, 23:11   Link #103
mah_damey

ah.. so sad.. so sad.. juss watched ep 30.. too rushed but still rlly good.. so sad.. o so sad..
Old 2004-08-09, 14:54   Link #104
Mika

Hi all...I need a favor. Would anyone like to send me an outline of what actually happened in the last few eps. I was so into this show and was waiting for the end eps but I had to move and all this crap...without a computer. Now I have it and the shows are not available anywhere now. I am going to order it online but I still want the outline.
Can anyone give me a hand? Thanxs!

I read all of the threads in this topic and everything I have read is out of place you know. I know what happened basically but not how.
Old 2004-09-22, 09:17   Link #105
Thursday
Astronomic Bluesman

Send a message via MSN to Thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
Hi all...I need a favor. Would anyone like to send me an outline of what actually happened in the last few eps.
Episode 27 - Soul's Whereabouts

Jagara's unfinished Paradise plot has sent the world into an unstable rebirth cycle and it's up to Kiba and Cheza to reach the door to the true Paradise before it's too late. The race to the finish line claims its first life, as Cher is killed in a horrible car accident. The end is coming.

Episode 28 - Remorseful Gun Sound

A huge explosion heralds the arrival of the wicked Darcia, still bent on claiming Paradise for himself. Remorseless, he guns down Toboe and Quent, who die in each other's arms. Darcia then throws down the gauntlet to Kiba, daring him to reach Paradise.

Episode 29 - High Tide, High Time

It's a slow crawl up the side of the mountain, the summit of which holds the gate to Paradise. Lebowski joins his ex-wife in death, plummeting to his doom after losing his grip. It's just the four wolves and Blue remaining, as Darcia makes his final crazed attempt to stop Kiba and Cheza from remaking the world.

Episode 30 - Wolf's Rain

In his desperate, brutal lust for paradise, Darcia kills Blue, Hige and Tsume, who all bravely fight to keep him from Cheza; in the end, it's all on Kiba to bring him down. Just when it looks like he's about to win, Paradise rejects Darcia and furiously destroys him, leaving behind only his eyeball. Cheza and Kiba come together, and the world is reborn as a beautiful garden. The Earth begins anew, and as a farewell, all four wolves are alive again.

The meaning of Paradise is that; rebirth. The world is reborn once more (which it has been so many times before.) Darcia's Eye in the puddle of water symbolizes that evil hasn't left the world, because it never will. And once more all of the characters are alive in the new world, where they don't know each other. Only one of these persons are still on his way to find a paradise that never was, and that is Kiba. We see him run away from the others, as the introduction theme 'Stray' starts playing.

I remember this incredible scene that brought me to tears, from this episode. It so points out to how stuff just might work in our world as well. (I might recall some details wrong though...) You see this beautiful butterfly, and the screen zooms onto one of his colourful wings, which gets larger and larger until you see nothing but the small atoms and molecules... It keeps on zooming, until we reach space, which zooms until we're back again. I think this symbolizes that everything goes round and round, just like the atoms cirlce round each other, as the planet's circle around a sun.

Really fascinating ending. I hope I helped out a bit, at least. By the way, this whole thread should be spoiler marked instead, so everyone won't have to spoiler tag everything they write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
if you want to star collecting anime get all 12 ghibli's movies
for my part they are great movies for any anime collector
Indeed. Anything by Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata or Studio Ghibli is the best. Deep and just... Simply wonderful stories that stick with you til' you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I have to agree with what an earlier poster said that this series lacked direction. Despite the plot, the series went nowhere. The main characters were cliched and I didn't care that they died. The characters that were not one-dimensional were the first to die (Blue, old man, Tsume). While of course, Kiba and Cheza, the most personality-lacking, cliched characters of the entire show are given a dramatic focus. Phfft.

Not to mention how melodramatic the deaths were. Cher falls off a cliff, yet she's still alive, hardly bleeding, and can talk. Um, yeah. I have to admit the scene was beautiful but it lacked strength. A few other deaths similarly defied realism. This is obviously a fantasy series, but it could have at least tried to keep the deaths from being over the top and rushed. I felt the time constraints too much.
I simply have to agree. I didn't care at all that everyone died. The only beautiful scene in the last episode was the one I wrote up above; the one with the butterfly. The really good episode in this anime, though, that really made me get high hopes for the upcoming ones, was where Hubb and the old man (never remembers his name) is driving together in that car. That was really great stuff, how they interacted. That episode scared me a bit, since it was so much like a real show. I actually forgot I was watching an animated series during that specific car-trip.

Kiba is a Squall-ripoff (not saying they ripped off Squall or anything)... They simply try to make him that kind of laid-back, never-say-sumthin' character with only one point. And sure, he was that... But not a good one. I was almost always annoyed by the way he stood there silent at points where it was obvious for him to open his maize-hole. Seriously... Cheza as well. She always just followed everyone around, and at some point she really showed herself to be smart and intelligent, but almost all of the time, she was just tagging along, saying nothing.

About the death's; one tear-jerker was enough for me. (Cher's death.) Then it just got... Trivial. Hehe...

Last edited by Thursday; 2004-09-22 at 09:29.
Old 2004-10-04, 21:35   Link #106
kissy0560
-kristin-

Send a message via AIM to kissy0560
wolfs rain!!

does anyone here watch the show 'wolfs rain' on cartoon network on saturdays at 1? well...I DO! omg..if anyone here has watched last 2 new episodes...yes, i cried..cher dies, and then toboe!! TOBOE!!! omg, i was crying so much..honestly..toboe!!! >_< and cher!! and i think that old guy [can never get his name right..] died...got shot also? HE KILLED TOBOE!! damn guy...well, yah..ne1 wanna talk about wolfs rain?
Old 2004-10-05, 01:31   Link #107
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissy0560
does anyone here watch the show 'wolfs rain' on cartoon network on saturdays at 1? well...I DO! omg..if anyone here has watched last 2 new episodes...yes, i cried..cher dies, and then toboe!! TOBOE!!! omg, i was crying so much..honestly..toboe!!! >_< and cher!! and i think that old guy [can never get his name right..] died...got shot also? HE KILLED TOBOE!! damn guy...well, yah..ne1 wanna talk about wolfs rain?
well we all saw there serie kinda..1 year ago...so I think everybody is done talking

But it's great though, enjoy it kiddo.

(even tho it's dubbed eeh!)
Old 2004-10-05, 02:51   Link #108
Poops
Viva Monster Union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
well we all saw there serie kinda..1 year ago...so I think everybody is done talking

But it's great though, enjoy it kiddo.

(even tho it's dubbed eeh!)
Ya I saw the fansubs awhile ago. But I'm watching it on AS again. It's not like anyone can understand this anime even after seeing it a hundred times. And it's nice to watch without reading stuff.

Yes it's dubbed but the acting is top notch. Blue is even the same voice actor/seiyuu. Some voices I don't think fit well (mainly Darcia), but that's just my opinion.

Oh and Darcia is about to say some interesting things about wolves changing into humans and such in next week's episode. 3rd OVA. I'm curious as to how they're translateing it.
Old 2004-11-28, 19:36   Link #109
7thMethuselah

Hmm, I have a question for dutch speaking people out there :
Has anyone bought the Dutch version of the Wolf's rain DVD's? I want to know how good the quality is of these DVD's. I've looked for reviews and couldn't find any, so I thought it'd be interesting to hear any opinions on the dutch subbed release.
Oh, and is the artbox worth it? It seems like it has alot of extra's and stuff...

Thx in advance
Old 2004-11-29, 09:47   Link #110
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Hmm, I have a question for dutch speaking people out there :
Has anyone bought the Dutch version of the Wolf's rain DVD's? I want to know how good the quality is of these DVD's. I've looked for reviews and couldn't find any, so I thought it'd be interesting to hear any opinions on the dutch subbed release.
Oh, and is the artbox worth it? It seems like it has alot of extra's and stuff...

Thx in advance
You can check out reviews and more artwork and stuff on their website here: http://www.nte.be

Hope that helps you out!
Old 2004-11-29, 17:23   Link #111
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
You can check out reviews and more artwork and stuff on their website here: http://www.nte.be

Hope that helps you out!
Thanks but I allready decided to buy them for the simple reason I want to support companies that provide me with dutch subs (and jap language track ); If the popularity becomes big enough, we might actually get alot more local releases, like the french ...
Old 2004-12-19, 18:21   Link #112
asdfghjkl

Wolf's Rain ending

Can someone explain to me their interpretation of the ending. I seriously dont know what the hec happened at the end...

Last edited by xris; 2004-12-19 at 18:32. Reason: Threads merged
Old 2004-12-19, 18:29   Link #113
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfghjkl
Can someone explain to me their interpretation of the ending. I seriously dont know what the hec happened at the end...
This has been extensively discussed in this thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=Wolf%27s+Rain

I think you should try one of the later pages to get the explanation offered by forum members
Old 2006-10-09, 01:17   Link #114
kauldron26
Med Student

First off, i am going to say that no movie, no tv show, no book, no form of entertainment in this world, has touched me as this anime has. Wolf's Rain is plain and simple the greatest anime i have ever seen.

It all started my spring semester of my freshman year of college when i got back from the library. I was sooo tired yet i could not sleep. My room mate was knocked out and i figured i would watch some television till i fell asleep. Lo and Behold, i was watching Adult swim and then something caught my eye. I saw a white wolf that suddenly became a man within conversation. And then i was hooked.

After i watched one episode i was entranced by the mystery and the story. I did not know what episode i watched, i didnt even know what the name of the show was, yet i was hooked. I didnt really understand about Anime then. All i knew was that Dragon Ball Z was the shit. But then i did some research and i found out the show was called wolf's Rain, and i started on the second episode.

I would look forward to this anime every saturday unaware that it had been around for a while and that i could have gotten it through other means. But every week, i looked forward to each and every episode. Remember the show is 30 episodes and every week i looked forward to an episode since my freshman year spring. I was done by my sophomore year.

So why does this anime mean so much to me?? Because this anime touched me in ways i could not explain. I learnt so much about life, blossoming love, courage, beauty, tragedy and so much more. The story is supremely original on every level and the characters truly become ur friends. People you love and when they laugh u laugh and when they hurt... you weep. Because they mean so much to you.

The story is about wolves trying to find paradise. What is paradise?? what is it like?? how did man fall from grace? These are the questions u as urself when watching this masterpiece.

The animation is perfect. just perfect.

The soundtrack of this anime is probably the one cd i have had on repeat the most. The music is simply astonishing. I have made love with 3 girls to this soundtrack. Not only is the music powerful, but when u hear it, u cant help but remember what the characters were feeling and experiencing at that moment.

This anime stays with you. It touches you at the very core of ur being, if u are willing to search for paradise with them. If u r an anime critic and ur are looking for flaws or u r paying too much attention, u cannot enjoy this anime because wolfs rain is not something you watch. It is something you experiece. it is not entertainment. It is a world to travel to where you meet Kiba, Hige, Tsume, Toboe and Blue. You'll get to know them, love them, laugh and cry with them. And i cried very hard. And though you will say good bye, their howls will stay with you for a long time.
Old 2006-10-15, 15:55   Link #115
lommm
l'homme de lommm

that's very high praise... while it's not my number one, it's in my top ten

i feel it's Yoko Kanno's best score ever! i just wish the producers hadn't made it 30 episodes by having for recap episodes... i actually renumbered my discs so i can watch the series as 26 episodes and skip those four recaps lol

you are correct about the emotion and animation... both are of the highest level around... such an ambitious work of art.... and so polarizing, because many people can't stand the series... but i love tragedies...
Old 2006-10-16, 04:08   Link #116
bboycompl3x

ill keep it short and simple one of my all time favs and always will be.
Old 2007-02-12, 19:18   Link #117
lycantivis

Bestest most favoritest anime ever!
Old 2007-04-24, 14:01   Link #118
rain-

I loved this anime, but seeing the end was really frustrating because I hate extremely sad endings.

After I watched the last episode second time, I realized that maybe there is still some hope for a real paradise and not just having to go through the same thing over and over again (like the wolves having to have a sad ending). Cheza said: "When paradise opens up, we will meet again. This one will be waiting for you. Find this one... ...and the next time, the paradise you hoped for will...". So, maybe next time they are successful in creating the right paradise without Darcia managing to taint it.
Old 2007-12-13, 15:09   Link #119
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I had to check this episode out after watching Darker Than Black. This show started with a good start until it got to the end, everything fell apart. Truely dissapointing...

There was one episode that had a talking cat, I was reminded of Mao from DTB. Also the symbolism such as the shooting stars...
Old 2007-12-13, 15:17   Link #120
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'll admit that things did start to fall apart at the end, but the final episode pulled it all together once more. That last episode made up for its errors. It was a very beautiful show with a lot of fascinating elements despite some problems.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread