AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 12:57   Link #241
Midonin
Last Engage

Yuruyuri 04 - Wishes Carried On the Waves and Winds ~Wings in Waiting~

The cameraman continues to find new and creative ways to screw with Akari. And it's not just the camera's eye, either. Mother nature is getting in on the act. Though I liked seeing Akari's tanabata wish continue to flutter by throughout the episode - in a roundabout way, Akari's wish wasn't unfulfilled. Her desire to stand out stood out, even if she herself didn't.

Having Kyoko for a rival is an interesting experience. Kyoko's so happy-go-lucky she's barely aware of the rivalry, and Ayano's far too stubborn to admit it. Their interaction (and Chitose's intermittent fantasies) were fun to watch as always - it was only a matter of time before Ayano's lack of underwear came back to bite her in her clearly-exposed butt. Chinatsu's reaction to being kissed is apparently to spin around like a music box doll, and starfish have the same accuracy as shuriken.

Next week looks to be Mirakurun heavy. I can't wait!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 14:02   Link #242
EroKing

Episode 4.

A lot of blood was shed this week
Old 2011-07-25, 14:21   Link #243
Forsaken_Infinity

That was a pretty low key episode that would be looked pretty damn bad had this been the typical shonen lead harem show. But it's yuri so it passes ._. Kind of wish it had more YuixKyoko though.

On another note, I was half expecting Akarinless opening
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 14:48   Link #244
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
That was a pretty low key episode that would be looked pretty damn bad had this been the typical shonen lead harem show. But it's yuri so it passes ._. Kind of wish it had more YuixKyoko though.
Agreed.

Did anyone notice that long-haired character on this?

Is she the student council prez and the one who handed out the tissues and held the firecrackers?
Old 2011-07-25, 14:51   Link #245
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

The...Yuri...JOKES...

...keep them coming.
Chitose's a champ.
Old 2011-07-25, 16:02   Link #246
tsunade666

Poor Akarin. They really pushing her out that bad on being left out. Though if it's only being left out. I haven't seen the student council prez yet. Though she is around they don't show her up. I wonder if the manga is the same. In the op/ed the prez is also not been shown so I guess we will never get to see her.

I don't know which to root for between Yui or Kyoko -_- They are just both adorable.

Chitose needs blood donation.
Old 2011-07-25, 16:03   Link #247
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Poor Akarin. They really pushing her out that bad on being left out. Though if it's only being left out. I haven't seen the student council prez yet. Though she is around they don't show her up. I wonder if the manga is the same. In the op/ed the prez is also not been shown so I guess we will never get to see her.

I don't know which to root for between Yui or Kyoko -_- They are just both adorable.

Chitose needs blood donation.
Of course Akari seems to be the most popular character though judging by image sites.

Also wow I can't believe I didn't notice the Pres in the episode. I was wondering who the extra person was.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 16:10   Link #248
CWW
Lurker

Kyoko and Ayano OTP
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 17:59   Link #249
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

This show is absolutely my guilty pleasure for the season. I just love the idea of a character with such weapons-grade natural yuri goggles that she has to wear corrective lenses to perceive the world accurately. Like Cyclops from X-Men, but a danger only to herself.

Also, the ED is infuriatingly catchy.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 18:41   Link #250
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Chitose's fantasies are the best. Lol Akari still not standing out, she even missed the fireworks. Chinatsu lucky to have her wish fulfilled. Of course doujins are more important than exams.
Old 2011-07-25, 20:44   Link #251
00Coyote

This is such a light and fluffy series.

Very nice show to shut your brain off, and just let the antics of the 3 main characters roll.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:09   Link #252
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Agreed.

Did anyone notice that long-haired character on this?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/532/1311622161292.jpg

Is she the student council prez and the one who handed out the tissues and held the firecrackers?
You're right on all of these.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:49   Link #253
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
This is such a light and fluffy series.

Very nice show to shut your brain off, and just let the antics of the 3 main characters roll.
I see what you did there.
Old 2011-07-25, 21:53   Link #254
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I see what you did there.
Do you really? I could've sworn there were only 3 main characters.

EDIT: I ACKNOWLEDGE YOU, FORGIVE ME AKARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *shot*
Old 2011-07-25, 22:42   Link #255
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I didn't even realize that Akari had missed the fireworks scene until the group shots of all seven characters started. But I wonder who the viewpoint character was who kept giving Chitose needed tissues and snatched the sparklers from Himawari and Sakurako when they were having their duel...fourth-wall breaker, maybe?

Chitose is rapidly becoming one of my favorite all-time characters!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 23:44   Link #256
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I didn't even realize that Akari had missed the fireworks scene until the group shots of all seven characters started. But I wonder who the viewpoint character was who kept giving Chitose needed tissues and snatched the sparklers from Himawari and Sakurako when they were having their duel...fourth-wall breaker, maybe?

Chitose is rapidly becoming one of my favorite all-time characters!
It's the student council president, you can see her in various scenes. At the leftmost spot in the group when they're eating watermelon you can see her long black hair and like half her body. Also when Akari trips as already posted. she's at the far right.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 04:50   Link #257
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A pretty good episode though not as a good as last, needs more tsunxtsun though their attempt to battle with fireworks was amusing XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Root for what? ; the obivously solution is to cheer for KyoukoxYui to happen
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 04:54   Link #258
U<3Anime
Boo!

Only a matter of time....Akaaaaarin~

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2011-07-26 at 13:41.
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 05:17   Link #259
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Chitose's fantasies are, as always, a spot on. Chinatsu's wish was fulfilled, it was funny seeing her rolling around acting all happy-like in the background. Although she corrected the new wish which stands mouth to mouth now.

Ayano is a gorgeous tsundere, hope she becomes even better friends with Kyoko in the future. Yui is becoming one of my favorites as well simply because she is smart and have that big sister vibe.
Old 2011-07-26, 05:18   Link #260
tezu

There is a question in my mind that won't go away.

Chitose keeps fantasizing about Ayano and Kyoko and imagines her friend in compromising situations. She has yuri goggles so strong that she has to take off her glasses. But why do those goggles ONLY work for one specific pairing? Shouldn't she fantasize about everyone, especially Himawari/Sakurako since they're with them in the student council all the time and it's easy to interpret their rivalry as something yuri-rific? They're not that different from Ayano in that aspect.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri