AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 02:16   Link #8661
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

And thats is what satou try to prevent and almost all reincarnated people try to do...
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 03:29   Link #8662
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
If I was a goddess~ I would hate someone from a different world just doing what they please in my world~ most of all would be advance inventions~ I mean~ it's like watching your children grow a peaceful life then somebody just took them from to be trained as a soldier committing mass murder for no reason~!

Also~ the gods/goddesses in my story also hate someone other Gods that has their own world to suddenly start influencing their world~! It's a Yuri Story by the way~!
Then you should target those who keeps summoning other worlders if you don't want their influence in your world. Also why do so many souls from Earth gets reincarnated in this world with memories intact? Maybe Satou should investigate that.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-07-19 at 03:48.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 04:28   Link #8663
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The Philosophy of Death March

The are 2 recurring themes that persists throughout the story

1. You won't ever get what want

This is shown by the fact that Sugar got lolis party instead of busty babes, Hayato got babes instead of lolis, Sugar got tied to a country by nobility when he actually wants to be free, and Sugar being unable to marry a high elf.

2. Ambition is inherently bad

This supplements the previous theme and shown by the fact that all Sugar's achievements were obtained unwillingly. That desiring more power and wealth is "evil" as evidenced by nobles and demons.

If that's all then it might work as a satire to contemporary isekai stories while also justifies the passive nature of japanese men.

But there's a catch here, that is whether Sugar being honest with his "wishes".
He always said he prefers babes than lolis, and there's also that loli curse. But have you ever seen he actively scouted babes into the party? The curse only makes loli gathers, but it doesn't prevent him searching for one nor it overwrites his preference. Even before knowing about the curse, he didn't do that.
Then there's the thing with travel purpose. He said he actually just want to do coulinary travel and shit. But all his travels so far has main purposes and the tour itself sidelined. Though Sugar said the main objective is the tour and not otherwise. This is following the themes that "Going somewhere to defeat demon king" is a bad wish/ambition and will fail, but "Going somewhere for recreation, unexpectedly meet the demon king and defeating him" is guaranteed to success.
The last is nobility. This is easy since Sugar and the party have no qualms for using a noble privilege and even using it actively. Whenever his nobility got emphasized by others, there's no monologue that shows his avoidance to nobility.

So in conclusion, the themes were broken because everything is just a facade.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 07:33   Link #8664
krati

its nothing new that satou is 2 faced now is it?
i mean at the beginning of the story he let the guard die in the fight with the demon,
he always says he hates killing(even his party member arent allowed to kill someone) but he got no problem if they die as long he isent the one that did the last hit
(like thoes bandits he hanged on a tree in the middle of nowhere without gear, its more likely they die't to some monster then that some patrol find them),
he doesent want to rule but he is already indirectly rule over Muno isent he?
after the kobolds attack't them the only reason they didnt kill them after that was that they didnt want to displease satou and risk that he will leave so basically they wont do anything he dislikes, as nanashi he said we wont interfere in war between humans/demi-humans but when he run into the empire that attack't that one city he send them home one-sided without knowing whats going on just because the empire was wining he took't the other side and was even depress't that some died...
the same goes for the gods he ones said he will follow the law of the gods because its their planet
but after the heavenly punishment, because he didn't like how they did it he now wants to ''talk'' with them? and then what? if he doesent like the answer then what? will he kill them since they arent humans/demi-humans he got no problem with killing them?
krati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 07:53   Link #8665
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by krati View Post
its nothing new that satou is 2 faced now is it?
i mean at the beginning of the story he let the guard die in the fight with the demon,
he always says he hates killing(even his party member arent allowed to kill someone) but he got no problem if they die as long he isent the one that did the last hit
(like thoes bandits he hanged on a tree in the middle of nowhere without gear, its more likely they die't to some monster then that some patrol find them),
he doesent want to rule but he is already indirectly rule over Muno isent he?
after the kobolds attack't them the only reason they didnt kill them after that was that they didnt want to displease satou and risk that he will leave so basically they wont do anything he dislikes, as nanashi he said we wont interfere in war between humans/demi-humans but when he run into the empire that attack't that one city he send them home one-sided without knowing whats going on just because the empire was wining he took't the other side and was even depress't that some died...
the same goes for the gods he ones said he will follow the law of the gods because its their planet
but after the heavenly punishment, because he didn't like how they did it he now wants to ''talk'' with them? and then what? if he doesent like the answer then what? will he kill them since they arent humans/demi-humans he got no problem with killing them?
Bravo~
That's absolutely right, bro~

Though I think this "problem" can be turned into overwhelming advantage in psychological level by introducing a character that points that out

Right now everyone is Sugar's Yes-Man, Sugar Enablers
It would be interesting to have a character that confronts him
Like saying to his face, "You're actually a terrible person"
Curious how will he react

That happened in Santairiku Eiyuuki. MC who's an emperor confronted by a 12 year old heroine. She's quite a genius and possible successor to Holy Maiden btw.
Old 2018-07-19, 09:02   Link #8666
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Then you should target those who keeps summoning other worlders if you don't want their influence in your world. Also why do so many souls from Earth gets reincarnated in this world with memories intact? Maybe Satou should investigate that.
Problem is~ that they naturally reincarnated to my world without being summoned and that kept happening because this world has no gods to manage it~! And if there were any summoning going on~ it would already been prevented through the world barrier~! So the souls of those who died naturally goes to a random world to be included to the cycle of reincarnation~! It's so troublesome~!

Also~ why do so many souls from earth gets to reincarnate in world that they don't belong to~? It's because they came from another world while the world system only involves only the residents of that world so the reincarnation process is incomplete due to them not being a part of it in the first place~! That's why they almost get to keep their memories~! Because they weren't wiped clean to be like a brand new clean slate~!
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:10   Link #8667
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Isn't the reason Sugardaddy-sama wants to talk to the gods is because their 'divine punishment' was indiscriminate as the innocents was caught up with it during the punishment for the perpetrators~? Like a simple 'why did the gods do that?' Sort of stuff~
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:24   Link #8668
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa~Chan~ View Post
Isn't the reason Sugardaddy-sama wants to talk to the gods is because their 'divine punishment' was indiscriminate as the innocents was caught up with it during the punishment for the perpetrators~? Like a simple 'why did the gods do that?' Sort of stuff~
Of course, Sugar Kamisama knows better, right?

He will chastise the gods and the gods be like "Sugar-sama, you must lead us as the God of Gods!"

*Using prophet power to divine Sugar's answer*

"So bothersome, no, wanna do culinary travel"

"As the God of Gods you can marry that side character high elf too!"

*Using prophet power to divine Sugar's answer* again

"Well, if you insist~ I really really don't want to y'know~ Well, I'll do what I can in my free time~"
Old 2018-07-19, 20:20   Link #8669
lexlexz

^kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
hahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

...i realy dont know why i found that so funny
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 20:29   Link #8670
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
I'm still baffled by why the MC hasn't done anything to banish the slavery system, I mean he has the power to change the world shouldn't he atleast try to make this a better world for the slaves and under privileged people ( great power comes with great responsibility ) but all he does is touring and enjoying his life like it's natural, does he even wonder or question himself why he's here in this world and what's his purpose.
Isn't he planing to move demi-human slaves from Seryuu to Liza new territory and also request the earl to put out a ban on demi-human discrimination? He also established schools to help orphans at labyrinth city to helps kids from dying or becoming slave?

Quote:
That excuse is a bit iffy. It took the Weasle Kingdom inventing Tanks and Nukes before the God's decided to move on eliminating them. Small inventions that won't impact the world that much should be fine.
Arisa tried to introduce compost and crop rotation to her countries and got hit with divine punishments.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 01:42   Link #8671
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Isn't he planing to move demi-human slaves from Seryuu to Liza new territory and also request the earl to put out a ban on demi-human discrimination? He also established schools to help orphans at labyrinth city to helps kids from dying or becoming slave?
You're quite right. He's doing what he can within his capability without upsetting this world too much.

People keeps on complaining on Satou not doing enough but I don't hear anyone mentioning Hikaru not abolishing the slavery system. She has more influence in the Saga Kingdom than Satou at this point.

Quote:
Arisa tried to introduce compost and crop rotation to her countries and got hit with divine punishments.
Divine punishment? Her country got invaded by a hostile country. I don't think it had anything to do with the Gods. Divine punishment would be like what happened to the Weasle Kingdom where a God descended to wipe out the infidels.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2018-07-25, 02:40   Link #8672
zero7090

Quote:
Divine punishment? Her country got invaded by a hostile country. I don't think it had anything to do with the Gods. Divine punishment would be like what happened to the Weasle Kingdom where a God descended to wipe out the infidels.
She got hit with unnatural development. That why Arisa advised Satou against introducing printing press in the first arc.
The mountain that is used for making compost died. Insect outbreak. Crops withered. Then the country was plunged into civil war. Arisa got branded as mad princess, witch.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-25, 12:31   Link #8673
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
She got hit with unnatural development. That why Arisa advised Satou against introducing printing press in the first arc.
The mountain that is used for making compost died. Insect outbreak. Crops withered. Then the country was plunged into civil war. Arisa got branded as mad princess, witch.
Hmm it really is seem fishy...it is like someone trying to make a fake divine punisment....
Or arisa was not telling all the information...
She must be hiding something... dunno what but... i will cross my finger here and hope for the best plot armor from The author...
I hope author remember this plot or there could be potensial plot hole in this story...
Old 2018-07-25, 14:00   Link #8674
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
Hmm it really is seem fishy...it is like someone trying to make a fake divine punisment....
Or arisa was not telling all the information...
She must be hiding something... dunno what but... i will cross my finger here and hope for the best plot armor from The author...
I hope author remember this plot or there could be potential plot hole in this story...

1. the gods were quite clear on they were doing in Weasel Kingdom. If Arisa's old country were hit with divine punishment it would have been broadcast all over.

2. The punishment is not sever enough, Weasel Kingdom got literally wipe off the map.

3. The Divine punishment also happen after the weasel kingdom was given a lot of time to change it ways. The punishment didn't happen immediately.

Sounds like more someone sabotage Arisa's kingdom then divine punishment.
Old 2018-07-25, 15:44   Link #8675
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^Yeah exactly. I don't think it was divine Punishment because it took time before the Gods decided they couldn't let the the Weasle Kingdom do whatever it likes. It got to the point of them managing to create modern weapons before the God's intervened. Arisa's contribution is too low key to get the God's attention imho. It's looking more and more like she was sabotaged by someone. From either in her own Kingdom or by a hostile and rival country.

Old 2018-07-25, 17:29   Link #8676
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Doesn't Death March Zero cover Arisa's and Lulu's time before meeting Satou? At least that's what I heard about that spin-off. Perhaps some more hints can be found there.
Old 2018-07-25, 17:57   Link #8677
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

got curious and went back to re-read Arisa's intro.

WN3-7
Quote:
"Someone was interfering, was it?"
"Yes, but I only knew long after the fact. At that time, I thought it was because of the difference between the earth and this world, I was really depressed.

it was definitely not divine punishment.

the whole thing was instigate by the other country to take control of the wither labyrinth and then revitalize with the blood of the royals form Arisa's family.
Old 2018-07-25, 21:08   Link #8678
rladls2121

These days, I have been playing a game called witcher 3.
And the hardest difficulty is actually called Death March.
So I now i'm here.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 05:33   Link #8679
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

New raw.... some progress to the mistery...
Old 2018-07-31, 21:41   Link #8680
medassin

manga Arisa and manga desumachi vol7 comming soon. we probably see karina ver comic

Last edited by medassin; 2018-08-01 at 01:35.
medassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapted to anime, adapted to ln, adapted to manga, anti-romance mc, beastgirl, cooking, fake harem, generic mc, harem, heretic mc, isekai, op mc, rpg-like character, slavery, touring