AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 15:47   Link #13641
XFire
150% done

Considering Asia's power is at least nominally connected with Christianity, her being able to revive the dead isn't really that unlikely. She could end up with a BB called Lazarus' Tomb or someting that could revive people, as long as she reached them within a certain period of time and they didn't die of natural causes. And for a limiter it would use up life force like Juggernaut Drive.
Old 2012-02-22, 15:51   Link #13642
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
could also be the ability to grant invulnerability to an ally or herself for a short period of time.

also remember she can already create a healing field that will heal anyone within it so that kind of BB would be abit pointless.
nope becouse if is passive it means she can do other things while still healing..her normal heals make her completly vulnerable
Old 2012-02-22, 15:52   Link #13643
Soji

XFire@ Don't that's mean that koneko would had to fix Asia life spam as well ?

nongtles@ No worry I don't mad or anything ...it's just that this with memory lose I found them force and needless drama.
Plus Rias already made the point clear about how she feel toward Issei and about Issei.
Old 2012-02-22, 15:58   Link #13644
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

idk, i've probably just been playing too many video games, but to me a healer is someone who stays in the back row targeting specific people to keep them up or creating a field for them to stand in. Asia doesn't seem like the type of person that would be even WILLING to do something other than heal as she doesn't have the mindset to actually kill anyone or harm someone enough to hinder them. the only times i've seen her get violent are when Ise is paying attn to other girls and when Diodora called Ise a "dirty dragon" and she slapped him. While passive healing would be useful, i still think either revival or temporary invulnerability are her BB.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:01   Link #13645
Soji

dragonroots@ No take this badly bad....even if I see you're point here ...I dont want this ln become another db where there is some one that can always brig back you to life no matter waht happen.
And if asia gain what you say ...she will be like sherron in dragon ball._.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:02   Link #13646
endarion88

Quote:
idk, i've probably just been playing too many video games, but to me a healer is someone who stays in the back row targeting specific people to keep them up or creating a field for them to stand in. Asia doesn't seem like the type of person that would be even WILLING to do something other than heal as she doesn't have the mindset to actually kill anyone or harm someone enough to hinder them. the only times i've seen her get violent are when Ise is paying attn to other girls and when Diodora called Ise a "dirty dragon" and she slapped him. While passive healing would be useful, i still think either revival or temporary invulnerability are her BB.
as azazel suggested she 's probably gonna learn to summon magical beast and that will give her some other defence/offence option other than healing
Old 2012-02-22, 16:12   Link #13647
nongtles

next next vol. of this i want Ross Route or opfus route or irina zenovia ravel route haha and plus new girl come to issei harem
Old 2012-02-22, 16:14   Link #13648
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

i see your point Soji. However if instead of my cooldown idea we go with Xfire's idea of consuming life force would that satisfy for a revival, like for every year Asia wants to bring Ise back she has to sacrifice a large amount of her own life force to bring him back. so say she gives ise back 1 year of his life, say in order to do that she lost 100 years of her life. even for a devil to spam that ability she would die fairly quickly if she revived everyone she came in contact with.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:18   Link #13649
Soji

Quote:
i see your point Soji. However if instead of my cooldown idea we go with Xfire's idea of consuming life force would that satisfy for a revival, like for every year Asia wants to bring Ise back she has to sacrifice a large amount of her own life force to bring him back. so say she gives ise back 1 year of his life, say in order to do that she lost 100 years of her life. even for a devil to spam that ability she would die fairly quickly if she revived everyone she came in contact with.

It's better but for this there is koneko remember ? Plus we know that issei will no be happy if some one sacrifice her/his life for him.
Thinking about it, the author is in a mess. He must choose carefully how to revive Issei.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:20   Link #13650
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongtles View Post
next next vol. of this i want Ross Route or opfus route or irina zenovia ravel route haha and plus new girl come to issei harem
Irina will fall if she falls for Ise...
Her wings flickered black and white when she was flattered by Ise

Quote:
While passive healing would be useful, i still think either revival or temporary invulnerability are her BB.
Dude... that would make her more powerful then GOD...
So no... Asia can not revive, nor will she ever be able to revive.
If she could, the mutated piece would need to belong to her and not Gasper.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:21   Link #13651
Limenade
Boss Mode

uh oh, what do i do ? I think Im going through withdrawal. I read the english translations on BT 1-3 and the summaries of vol 4-7 but I dont want to read the summary of 11 without knowing what happens in 8-10 first O_o. Why couldn't I have been taught japanese growing up sigh......... To be honest I saw that people said Ise dies that makes me sad but he has to come back to life because the series would be nothing without him. Hypothetically assuming he is actually dead dead then I'd assume this LN would also be dead dead hah I really don't even care what happens in the series hah the dynamics of how the harem interacts even if you took out the sexual stuff I feel like is so well done. You have the various personalities in the group but all you can tell have genuine feelings for Ise. And Ise although hes the king of all perverts is arguably one of the most genuine main characters of a harem group that isn't a wuss at the same time.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:26   Link #13652
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

okay yeah you're all right, aigomorla pointing out that if she could revive she'd be worth way more than 1 normal bishop piece. But now you've got me thinking about Gasper's ability, he's away trying to get his BB right, what if HIS BB will allow him to go back in time to rescue Ise.

(i'll say this again cause i said it awile back, i LOVE trying to think of ways characters can be revived)
Old 2012-02-22, 16:30   Link #13653
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
uh oh, what do i do ? I think Im going through withdrawal. I read the english translations on BT 1-3 and the summaries of vol 4-7 but I dont want to read the summary of 11 without knowing what happens in 8-10 first O_o.
8 is short side stories.
9 is the trip to kyoto which is missing akeno and rias
10 is well.. meh.... i want to see what happens in 10.
11 is a mess because ise dies, or the author trolled us to think ise died.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:32   Link #13654
Soji

aigomorla@ Can I choice the
Quote:
the author trolled us to think ise died.
Option
Old 2012-02-22, 16:35   Link #13655
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Irina will fall if she falls for Ise...
Her wings flickered black and white when she was flattered by Ise
Probably one of the worst things about being an angel, they can't fall in love, personally i think that is REALLY stupid and a bigger cockblock than Asia.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:37   Link #13656
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Probably one of the worst things about being an angel, they can't fall in love, personally i think that is REALLY stupid and a bigger cockblock than Asia.
no its not..

thats what an angel is...

Angels can not favor anyone from personal feelings.. ie... love
They need to love everyone equally...
Loving 1 person leads to vanity / jealousy.

It makes sense anyway you look at it.
Old 2012-02-22, 16:39   Link #13657
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
no its not..

well looks like he'll hv to go find another girl fr a childhood-frnd flag
Old 2012-02-22, 16:40   Link #13658
Soji

aigomorla@ and irina know very well what this was about it. So ...her fault if she now fall in love and become a fallen angel XD
Old 2012-02-22, 16:45   Link #13659
nongtles

Just read at author blog
He told vol.12 is now on final quality check stage ,
I WANT TO READ IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE XP

and he told us to consider about buy goods of this series just like cell phone strap
final is oppai mouse pad he say it don't have a switch on there so if it have switch maybe we can use balance break

あと、おっぱいマウスパッドもついに発売されるようです!
スイッチはついておりませんが、リアスのおっぱいをつついたとき、ファンの方もバランス・ブレイクできるか も?
Old 2012-02-22, 16:47   Link #13660
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
no its not..

making sense doesn't mean it's a good thing. treating everyone equally is not easy, doable, but not easy. even i try and treat everyone equal but eventually once you get to know someone you will start to feel attached or repulsed by them. in that way, Irina really shouldn't be going to a school with her childhood friend that she clearly has a crush on or else given time she will become a fallen angel. though gotta admit she is the only one from what i read that shows absolutely no form of jealousy and that is pretty astounding.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural